Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Post by jamesbond »

I wonder why the US has so many "party animals." It's ridiculous, I mean even grown men and women in their 30's and 40's are "party animals" here in the US. When I was in college, it was even worse, the guys on my floor vomiting in the bathroom or their dorm room after going out and getting wasted. In America, "getting wasted" is considered cool and hip, and not getting wasted is considered being a loser! The girls in college where just as bad as the guys were. I saw girls vomiting on the sidewalk on Friday and Saturday nights after getting wasted at the bars and then, they do the same thing the following weekend! Unbelieveable, what strange social conditions exist here in the US! Just look the the TV commericals and you will see a lot of commericals for beer and alcohol. It's like people in the US can't have fun unless they are drunk! That's pretty sad, welcome to modern day America! :shock:
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

Post by track2004_400meters1 »

alcohol is said to prohibit protein synthesis within muscle fibers.. also it can decrease metabolism up to 30percent,
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

track2004_400meters1 wrote:alcohol is said to prohibit protein synthesis within muscle fibers.. also it can decrease metabolism up to 30percent,

No wonder why there are so many fat people in the US! LOL :lol:
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster

Post by TRADER1972 »

I live in a college town and in the past 2 years working with and seeing how college kids are has really pissed me off and increases my pessimism about the US' future. As you said many people only think about partying and getting drunk. They are colllege STUDENTS yet don't have any interest in actually learning anything.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

think about what is glorified in this society

get drunk or "get loaded" and kill your liver and brain cells = right on!
think about something important = loser, buzzkill.

be a conformist = oh my god you're so cool duuude!
think an original thought = you're a weirdo

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?
This maybe true. I still don't know why so many adults go out on the weekends and get wasted. I know guys in their 40's who go to bars and clubs on the weekends and get drunk. They do this almost every weekend.

I guess I am more of an introvert, that's why "party animals" don't sit well with me. I try to avoid them like the plague, because they tend to be loud and obnoxious. They remind of high school kids.

In anglo-countries, extroverts and party animals are seen as being hip and cool. Introverts and non-party animals are seen being weird and square. Maybe it's time to move to a country where introverts are seen as being normal and party animals don't exist for the most part.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Grunt wrote:Kids in America know they will have no future, so they live for the moment. Who can blame them?
I can! Such filth shouldn't live but a moment! :D

I can never understand why yobs and fossils go out and waste their time partying and drinking! The elite are planning their deaths and exploitation every second these idiots waste getting drunk and wasting away. They know time is better spent on defeating their enemies and profiting off them, as you'll never know when you get the chance(what some call "stalking tyrants"). This is the only logical reason why this kind of wasting behavior is being encouraged in the western media all around.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 25th, 2018, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

Read Fate of Empires. Taking 1776 as the birthdate, America is 236 years old. If the six stages are of equal duration, the decadence stage lasts from age 208 to age 250. I'm in the intellectual stage, which precedes the decadent stage, but decadents are a huge proportion of both the populace and the government.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Partying and being a party animal has little to to with actual partying. The American version of partying is gathering together for binge drinking and getting drunk.

Most of these party animals are not interested in savoring fine food, fellowship, dressing nicely and dancing; most wish to engage in various scenarios of socially acceptable drinking.

When Americans go overseas, they feel uncomfortable at conventional parties so they do their "partying" at expat bars (ie Irish bars).

Most Americans would not know how to party if the manual hit them dead in the face.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

jamesbond wrote:
This maybe true. I still don't know why so many adults go out on the weekends and get wasted. I know guys in their 40's who go to bars and clubs on the weekends and get drunk. They do this almost every weekend.

I guess I am more of an introvert, that's why "party animals" don't sit well with me. I try to avoid them like the plague, because they tend to be loud and obnoxious. They remind of high school kids.

In anglo-countries, extroverts and party animals are seen as being hip and cool. Introverts and non-party animals are seen being weird and square. Maybe it's time to move to a country where introverts are seen as being normal and party animals don't exist for the most part.
You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

I too, find party animals to be obnoxious and loud. And I really don't like going to parties. Having a hearing impairment doesn't help, but there's so much noise at parties it's hard to communicate with anyone in an intelligent way.

The vast majority of people in North America are idiots, and are also the great unwashed for the most part, with Philistine attitudes and behaviours.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

I too, find party animals to be obnoxious and loud. And I really don't like going to parties. Having a hearing impairment doesn't help, but there's so much noise at parties it's hard to communicate with anyone in an intelligent way.

The vast majority of people in North America are idiots, and are also the great unwashed for the most part, with Philistine attitudes and behaviours.
Your right, a great deal of adults still have a high school mentality. They are trying to "fit in" and be accepted by the "cool people" and the "popular people."

Facebook reminds me of high school. I have heard some adults brag about "having 300 friends on facebook." Well how many of those so called "friends" are you actually friends with? For most people, a lot of the friends they have on facebook are people they have never even met! :shock:

The cliquishness and the popularity contests you find in high school, you will also find in the adult world. I guess some people in the US never grow up. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

You've just about answered your own question. Unfortunately, a lot of people in North America still retain a high school mentality well into adulthood. It's a big reason why TV shows like Survivor are so successful. That is, shows like that key into the popularity contesting ethic that infects most high schools today and extends it into the adult world. One reason why I no longer watch TV is because it not only dumbs people down, it does a very good job of keeping them in a perpetual state of adolescence, and insults the intelligence of people who are demonstrably intelligent. It goes without saying that people who are dumbed down and in an arrested state of development are pretty malleable and easy to neutralize, lest they pose some political threat to the powers that be.

B A A M! +1
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!