Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why are there so many party animals in the US?

Postby jamesbond » Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

All_That_Is_Man wrote:I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.

Yes, I too have gone to bars and had people say, "why aren't you drinking?" It did feel uncomfortable being in that environment. The only reason I went to bars at all, was to try and meet some women.

Usually, I met NO women at all. Occassionally I got some phone numbers only to call them up a couple of days later, leave them a message and then most of the time they would never call me back. Bars and nightclubs are HORRIBLE places to try and meet women. In addition, you have all these "pickup artists" and "party animals" at bars and clubs.

Extroverts and party animals seem to do better in the social scene in America than do people like me who are more introverted. That's why I think moving to a more introverted country like Germany would be a good idea.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Check out these "party animals" and "douchebags." Welcome to the social scene in America! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7Zx2uPIhk[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:57 am

Here is a good video explaining why people get drunk on new years eve and why these people tend to be losers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnqhUuYoFo[/youtube]

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:44 am

If partiers would stay in the U.S. that would be one thing, but too many of these asswipes travel to foreign countries so that they can party even harder. Too many tatooed, drunk, druggie assholes polluting third world countries, at least in Asia and Latin America.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:56 am

Winston certainly likes to "party it up" when he goes overseas. :D

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:58 am

jamesbond wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:I never understood the party animal thing. It's very hard to socialize when you are not a party animal, too. Bars in America only encourage drunken behavior. In the days where I used to go to bars, I actually did not drink, and I suppose I was there for the atmosphere and the hopes of building a social circle after college. I felt uncomfortable as people were surprised that I don't drink: girls would ask me "You don't drink?", or random dudes would buy me a drink thinking I'm poor, or bartendresses would give me dirty looks because they knew they couldn't con tips out of me. It got boring being the only guy in my town going to bars alone (leaving alone as well, naturally) for the purpose of building a social network, instead of getting shitfaced.

Yes, I too have gone to bars and had people say, "why aren't you drinking?" It did feel uncomfortable being in that environment. The only reason I went to bars at all, was to try and meet some women.

Usually, I met NO women at all. Occassionally I got some phone numbers only to call them up a couple of days later, leave them a message and then most of the time they would never call me back. Bars and nightclubs are HORRIBLE places to try and meet women. In addition, you have all these "pickup artists" and "party animals" at bars and clubs.

Extroverts and party animals seem to do better in the social scene in America than do people like me who are more introverted. That's why I think moving to a more introverted country like Germany would be a good idea.

I agree with you on this Jamesbond. The overseas environment (particularly Europe or Latin America) seems like a better place to flourish in a be "true to yourself" and with no need to drink just to "open up" be social.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby onethousandknives » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:50 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vaqDYYyx4[/youtube]

I showed the girl I talk to in Vietnam this video and asked her if college students have parties like that there.

She said "The video seems too morbid :( I don't like it :(" I told her I feel like an alien at such things.
onethousandknives
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions