Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Should the Flaming/Bashing board be removed?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Yes, remove it. Such a board invites unhealthy bashing, hate and ridicule. Nothing good comes from it. It brings people down, not up. You are letting your enemies take advantage of you by creating that board. Stand up and do what's right!
80%
No, leave it. It's entertaining and this forum wouldn't be the same without it. It's part of free speech and helps contrast the light from the dark. Leave the flame war option open.
20%

Total votes : 10

Postby Winston » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:14 am

What do you think?

Am I too nice and letting people take advantage of me by trying to cater to everyone?

Cast your vote!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Yes you know why?

Postby track2004_400meters1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 am

Anytime you have a professional website.. the only thing that comes out of ur negative comments is less overall people viewing the site. Go to any other professional website, and you will see that all negative comments are removed in order to maintain the highest level...... I know you want to be fair to everyone. But at the same time your making your site seem like its un monitored....

It just would be alot better if you remove all bad comments about you or the site. And i think that it would be great if you remove the bad comments about you on the guest book. IF a new potential customer comes to this site and wants to buy something from you , but yet they see this really bad comment about you on your guest book, what do you think that will do ? it will prevent them from buying your products....

I think that you should remove all bad comments about you...
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

Postby gmm567 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:20 pm

yes remove it. There is nothing constructive or positive about their comments. I know of people
who have a negative opinion of you and your site becuase of those comments.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:30 pm

I was say remove it and delete it completely without any backup. It's your site Winston so why contribute and pay for bandwidth that makes you and the Happier Abroad site looks bad?

I'm an admin of one forum and a mod in another and have my own blog. I just delete any negative posts without question as negative posts against a person or the forum does not help the forum at all and makes it looks worse.

I'm all for complete deletion of that bashing board.
Jake
Freshman Poster

Re: Yes you know why?

Postby icarus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:43 am

track2004_400meters1 wrote:Anytime you have a professional website.. the only thing that comes out of ur negative comments is less overall people viewing the site. Go to any other professional website, and you will see that all negative comments are removed in order to maintain the highest level...... I know you want to be fair to everyone. But at the same time your making your site seem like its un monitored....

It just would be alot better if you remove all bad comments about you or the site. And i think that it would be great if you remove the bad comments about you on the guest book. IF a new potential customer comes to this site and wants to buy something from you , but yet they see this really bad comment about you on your guest book, what do you think that will do ? it will prevent them from buying your products....

I think that you should remove all bad comments about you...

LOL, sounds like the same mindset as those fundie Christians over at youtube who spout all that young-earth creationist BS, then only allow the comments of those who agree with them while blocking anyone who was an opposing viewpoint.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
icarus
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:49 am

gmm567 wrote:yes remove it. There is nothing constructive or positive about their comments. I know of people
who have a negative opinion of you and your site becuase of those comments.

Only because of that? I put all the positive comments in the front on the home page and the negative comments are pushed to the bottom of the forum. The positive comments far outnumber the negative ones. If someone sees good and bad comments and focuses on the bad, usually they already had a negative opinion and were only looking for excuses to confirm it. Very few, unless they are haters or predisposed to hate controversial people, look at all the comments objectively and form a negative opinion of me cause of it. The negative opinions sound like pure opinions and do not cite any substantive or legitimate reasons to think badly of me or hate me, so there's no logical reason why they would lead someone to form a negative opinion, unless they already had one.

But then again, most people aren't logical.

It is true that the bashing board makes this site look less professional. I thought that the controversy from it would bring in more publicity and elevate this site's relevance?

Maybe not. All other good sites out there don't have a forum for bashing, so why should we? Maybe it's better to remove it.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 am

icarus wrote:LOL, sounds like the same mindset as those fundie Christians over at youtube who spout all that young-earth creationist BS, then only allow the comments of those who agree with them while blocking anyone who was an opposing viewpoint.

That's not a valid comparison. I do not preach that the Bible is infallible and that all men are sinners are going to hell unless they accept Christ.

I preach real things that anyone can verify.

A totally bogus example. Shows how great your logic is, NOT.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby track2004_400meters1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:34 am

icarus nobody cares about the church band camp blog that your a member of on youtube.
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

winston

Postby track2004_400meters1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am

theres a difference between some minor arguments and posts which go to the extreme and cuss at you and your site.....I suggest you remove it. You want to draw as many people as you can here so you can build up a strong base of customers. Im sure this site hasn't been around all that long. So build up your customer base first. .... You dont want alot of reasons to push them away..
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

Postby icarus » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Vinstonas wrote:
icarus wrote:LOL, sounds like the same mindset as those fundie Christians over at youtube who spout all that young-earth creationist BS, then only allow the comments of those who agree with them while blocking anyone who was an opposing viewpoint.

That's not a valid comparison. I do not preach that the Bible is infallible and that all men are sinners are going to hell unless they accept Christ.

I preach real things that anyone can verify.

A totally bogus example. Shows how great your logic is, NOT.

The point is that in both situation the person is removing all negative comments and only keeping the positive. Not to hard to understand unless you're the logically challenged one. Unless you're claiming that none of criticisms against your claims are ever valid or are worth discussing- in which case you'd have the same mindset as the Popes of antiquity and dozens of megalomaniacal cult leaders.

icarus nobody cares about the church band camp blog that your a member of on youtube.

LOL, I piss on creationist idiots and that means I belong to a church group? Guess I don't need to say anything else.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
icarus
Freshman Poster

Postby track2004_400meters1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:02 am

u obviously are reading what they have to say on youtube.. so seems to me like u care about them... join in with them,,if u didnt care, then u wouldnt be reading their content
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

Postby icarus » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:56 pm

track2004_400meters1 wrote:u obviously are reading what they have to say on youtube.. so seems to me like u care about them... join in with them,,if u didnt care, then u wouldnt be reading their content

Nice try there Dr. Freud. I watch a lot of atheist and agnostic videos on youtube. Inevitably they will have to debunk the insane creationist BS claims. Guess I'm naive. I knew there were idiots who still believe that Earth is the center of the universe but I didn't think they would have the ability to post vids on youtube or even access the internet.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Postby track2004_400meters1 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:20 am

actually you sound like freud. thats what some people believe in. Maybe you dont. But they do.
track2004_400meters1
Freshman Poster

Postby icarus » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 pm

track2004_400meters1 wrote:actually you sound like freud. thats what some people believe in. Maybe you dont. But they do.

I unequivocally don't believe in their shit. However, a wise man once said that those who do not know their opponents arguments do not completely understand their own. Not that you need to know creationist logic to understand science, but knowing their claims does help to debunk their bullshit. Keep that in mind before accusing someone of being a crea-tard just because they've witnessed their massive stupidity on youtube.
icarus
Freshman Poster

Re: Should the Flaming/Bashing board be removed?

Postby Winston » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm

swincor wrote:
Vinstonas wrote:What do you think?

Am I too nice and letting people take advantage of me by trying to cater to everyone?

You've already asked this question before. I will give you credit, however, for banning the bashers finally. But you really should have known better than to have allowed them to bash in the first place. As a businessman myself, I have to say it was a very poor decision on your part.

Initially, I didn't pay any attention to the flaming board. It was only after the events of last year that I finally took a peek for the first time, and it was absolutely astonishing. You permitted a board in which you had subjected yourself to the most scalding ridicule and contempt by people who -- it turned out -- actually had very good arguments when they were bashing you. In many of the exchanges, it was clear that you were woefully outmatched. It was a gross display of in-dignity as I've never seen before, and it revealed in vivid detail your utter lack of competence and ability to make even simple personal decisions living abroad.

Um, can you be specific? Which of the bashers' arguments were good? They contained nothing legit, just pointless ridicule and a condescending attitude. They never saw the big picture but were trying to magnify any weakness they could find. Intelligent free thinking people saw through that, so how were you duped swincor, unless of course, you had a bias against me and were seeking confirmation.

I challenge you to list even two valid serious arguments against me, and explain what they prove about me. Otherwise, you are full of it.

I was NOT outmatched. Those are just words. I debunked every single one of their arguments with simple truth, but the problem is they were not here for serious discussion. They were vultures taking advantage of my open honesty, looking for anything they can use against me and magnify and distort to try to make me look bad. It doesn't matter what the truth was, they merely repeated their lies again and again. Nothing anyone can do about that. You can't change people. So you have to ban them.

Anyone can judge another like an armchair quarterback. But real life problems do not have simple solutions. FYI, Dianne and I no longer argue anymore. She is sweet, helpful and almost submissive now. She realized that she didn't want to lose me, so she changed and shaped up. I didn't have to "do" anything to change her. Time and the basic wave of life did it. She changed herself, in time, in accordance with her natural evolution. That's all. So you see, all that bad advice and judging from you and the bashers did no good. People change when they are ready to, that's all. Some things in life are meant to be endured.

Regarding the flaming bashing board, yeah I guess I will eventually remove it. Nothing good comes from it.

But I'll tell you the real reasons I created it. It wasn't just about giving the bashers free speech and a place to vent on here. I knew that since those bashers were addicted to me, they would be coming to it regularly. And so I thought that that would help my ad revenue from this forum, and that they would create much more impressions and raise my CPM.

I also figured that most of the people on my site are independent thinkers who do not listen to others and can see through lies and BS. While that may be true for some, it's not true for everyone. As the saying goes, "If you repeat a lie enough times, people will believe it". Plus, it's human nature to be quick to believe the worst about others. Most were raised to live in fear, after all.

So I assumed that it would not damage my reputation, as the lies and shitty rants in there discredited the bashers and only made them look bad. Plus I was testing my hypothesis to see if bad publicity was a good thing.

But in retrospect, I guess the flaming bashing board did more harm than good, so it was a mistake. But hey, it was an experiment. And sometimes, only time can tell if something was a good idea or bad one. We all learn from our mistakes, that's the important thing.

Winston
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussions