Should the Flaming/Bashing board be removed?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should the Flaming/Bashing board be removed?

Yes, remove it. Such a board invites unhealthy bashing, hate and ridicule. Nothing good comes from it. It brings people down, not up. You are letting your enemies take advantage of you by creating that board. Stand up and do what's right!
80%
No, leave it. It's entertaining and this forum wouldn't be the same without it. It's part of free speech and helps contrast the light from the dark. Leave the flame war option open.
20%

Total votes: 10
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

BTW, before the flaming bashing board is taken down, I will move the threads within it that are valuable, interesting or funny to other boards. Some of the satirical songs about me, for instance, are creative and funny and will be moved to the Humor board. Others will be moved to General Discussions or wherever appropriate. I am working on that right now. After that, when all that remains are the flame war threads, the board will be removed.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
swincor_II
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor_II »

Winston wrote:BTW, before the flaming bashing board is taken down, I will move the threads within it that are valuable, interesting or funny to other boards. Some of the satirical songs about me, for instance, are creative and funny and will be moved to the Humor board. Others will be moved to General Discussions or wherever appropriate. I am working on that right now. After that, when all that remains are the flame war threads, the board will be removed.

Winston, you are acting like a stupid douchebag again. Try to behave like an adult and be mindful of keeping your self-respect -- take down the whole board once and for all. You do not advance your cause by ridiculing or tearing yourself down, which the bashing board only served to do as your bashers accurately pinpointed your foolish, careless, and incompetent mistakes.
Winston Wu: "Nothing wrong with a guy who wants occasional freedom and fun."

Chemist: "Then you should have stayed single and taken precautions to avoid impregnating somebody."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I don't see the point in taking down a flaming/bashing board when you go and create another one in this thread.

If you're going to censor unwanted posts, just do it. People can stay or leave, it's their choice.

The radio has 2 knobs. Don't care about what you hear? Turn the channel, or turn it off.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Swincor,
I already said I'm going to remove the board, so what is your problem? Like I said, I did find some interesting and valuable threads there and have moved them to the appropriate boards.

And why the f**k did you come back after being banned? What gives you the right?

You must derive some sick entertainment from all this. Whatever. Leave me out of it.

Momopi, I don't understand what you're saying. I can't censor out flaming or bashing posts out of every thread in the forum. I don't even have moderators here willing to do that. So, after removing the bashing board, if a member such as swincor continues posting senseless flames, then I'll just get rid of them. I can only focus on the posters at this point.

What else do you suggest?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Just delete the whole thread.

I don't see any value in a flame war over Diane's past health insurance issues. It's not anyone else's business anyway. If the discussion was on the cost, coverage, and enrollment requirements for philhealth, then maybe there would be some value. Or, health insurance options for ex pats in PH.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Agreed. Good point. Threads like do no good. They just give swincor an outlet to bitch again.

swincor_II
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor_II »

It's not a matter of banning this thread. This particular thread is beside the point. Getting rid of the entire board would substantially reduce opportunities for a lot of the silly, protracted, unhelpful bashing that Winston allows to take place.

And you talk about me "deriving sick entertainment from all this?" Now THAT, you have to admit, is rich -- a major case of pot calling kettle black.

Guess what Winston? It was YOU who set up the bashing board for that very purpose.

You made that board a place where you played out your silly personal antics in startling detail, revealing the astonishing ineptitude that characterizes your personal actions. And you welcomed the bashers, engaging them as they unloaded on you.

You were the one who drained all that time and energy to answer people who did not nothing to contribute to the site, except scorn and ridicule you. You made that choice that a sane, reasonable person would not make.

And the few who did have something to say pointed to some very real, severe flaws about the way you were handling expat life abroad. So the bashing board wasn't a total waste. It did serve to inform and educate those who would make the same foolish, avoidable mistakes you made.

If it's nobody's business, and you know it's inviting bashing, then don't bring it up in the first place; don't allow these people a chance to bash you. Because chances are, they have good reason for doing so -- which is not the point, but again it does force you to divert a lot of time and energy away from having real constructive conversations.
Winston Wu: "Nothing wrong with a guy who wants occasional freedom and fun."

Chemist: "Then you should have stayed single and taken precautions to avoid impregnating somebody."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Don't worry, this is just one thread with a poll. Eventually it will get pushed down below other threads. No harm really.

Swincor, how many times do I have to ban you before you give up? You're a real pain in the ass. What do you suggest I do about an annoying rascal like you?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Poof! The flaming bashing board is finally gone. Good riddance. Now we are a clean site. lol

And swincor has been banned again. So much for his pathetic comeback. lol

Got rid of two dirty things today, that board and swincor. I feel like I've just cleaned my house and left it with a nice scent :)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks swincor. The only question now is, how do I get rid of you? lol