Anyone gotten malware or redirects here lately?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
wvujimbo7
Freshman Poster

Post by wvujimbo7 »

It hasn't happened to me in the past few days, but I think it was last week when I was redirected to a directory to local salons/barber shops in my area.... needless to say, it was time for a haircut anyway. (I took it as an epiphany that it was indeed time to get the haircut... :lol: )

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston I was just redirected to a site that wanted to install a spyware software on my computer, which is the same site that put a trojan on my computer a few months ago. You still have a problem with viruses and malware on this forum. Luckily I was able to log off right way and not get a trojan installed on my computer.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, how many times has that happened in the last week?

Adbrite has very effective barriers against viruses in place, and if there was a virus ad, it'll soon be detected and gone.

Next time it happens, can you post the URL to the site you were redirected to? Then I'll report it. But it should happen very rarely at this point.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone experienced any viruses or malware ads on this site lately, in the past week or two?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just got this email today:
Hey winston, something Ive been meaning to ask you. Im pretty sure I caught viruses two different times from being on your website. Im often afraid to send your chart or any links to others because they will get pissed at me for steering them to a virus site. WHats the deal with that. People talk about it on the net too.

Honest, I had to send off my computer both times to repair after getting the viruses from your site. Cant you fix that?? Even now I cringe at opening up the site. I only do so from my I phone now. Im guessing there are haters who are some how planting viruses without your knowledge or consent?
Why is that? Do any of you US users of this site still experience any viruses? The clicksor ads are gone, so the viruses should be too. Where else could they be?

Any of you use McAfee? If so, what does it say when you come to this site?

I need more specifics to diagnose this problem.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I am sooooooooooooooo happy that you got rid of those banner ads that talk, especially the one that says, 'CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON!" THERE COULD BE NOTHING ELSE AS ANNOYING AS THAT!
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

I've caught viruses 2 times here despite having anti viral defenses. I spent $250 in total as my computer guy says these were the nastiest viruses he ever seen and it required extensive work for him to fix it. I've been hesitant to steer people to this site because of this insidious problem . I hope this is fixed now. Winston, is this truly resolved now? I can't have pissed off friends and co workers. Maybe it's Safe to direct them here now??
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you gotten any redirects lately? It keeps happening to me when I come to a forum page from a search engine. But not when I go here directly. For some reason, coming here from a search engine triggers a redirect. Is this happening to any of you too?

I don't know what the cause of it is. The only culprit I can think of are the Infolink ads.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone gotten malware or redirects here lately?

Post by Winston »

Anyone gotten any malware or redirects from this site lately?

Btw, if any of you run websites, here are some free online tools that checks for malware or malicious scripts on your site.

https://aw-snap.info/file-viewer/
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/
http://quttera.com/
http://www.unmaskparasites.com/
http://www.sparktrust.com/
https://www.virustotal.com/#url