Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

One Year Ago: On the Eve of Rebellion

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

One Year Ago: On the Eve of Rebellion

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 pm

It was one year ago tonight (December 10-11, 2008) when I stayed at the Oklahoma City Marriott on NW Expressway to celebrate the final night of my 22 years as a resident of Oklahoma. On the eve of my ultimate rebellion, feelings were running strong; I was full of anxiety, excitement, and resolve. I knew exactly the mission that stood before me: follow through on my planned course of action to violently overthrow the oppressive old order in my life, and establish a new one that was consistent with my long-held values and dreams.

At the age of 8 on the evening of May 30, 1986, this had been my first place to sleep upon moving to Oklahoma -- with a north-facing view toward Lake Hefner from the top floor. This night would be no different; I would go out the same way I came in.

Emotions were running high as I had chosen to risk everything I had, including the relinquishing of nearly all my possessions, the expenditure of most of my personal savings, and the abandonment of my familiar territorial comfort zone. All this risk would entail an uncertain future, and no guarantee of success.

But the window of opportunity had presented itself, and it was time to revolt. The time had come to fiercely rebel against a life of loneliness, excruciating job stress, shattered career dreams, and the way that America had become during the last several decades. And from the wake's ashes, it was a prospect to build a new life -- a pleasant, balanced life that featured a decent career, a financial future, and most importantly -- FRIENDS.

This gargantuan undertaking awaited me with alluring luster -- on the eve of rebellion.

It was a course of action that would positively change my life in ways never imagined. The plethora of pictures, numerous writings, and other personal works of mine only begin to tell the story. I wake up every day now, happy to be alive, excited about my future, eager to face the challenges, and am sincerely delighted to see all my friends. And today with this hard-won freedom, I celebrate triumphantly the one-year anniversary of this spectacular revolution.

So now I must pose the following question: what will you do to find freedom in *your* life? Will you fight? Will you take risks? How long must you wait until your fear of *living a wasted life* exceeds your fear of failing in this venture? When will you take the initiative and make the leap?

As for me, my values have been clarified, the consequences of my actions considered, and the choices made. My gratitude has never been greater as I gaze back upon that historic night one year ago...on the eve of rebellion.
Last edited by DiscoPro_Joe on Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Re: One Year Ago: On the Eve of Rebellion

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 pm

DiscoPro_Joe wrote:It was one year ago tonight (December 10-11, 2008) when I stayed at the Oklahoma City Marriott on NW Expressway to celebrate the final night of my 22 years as a resident of Oklahoma. On the eve of my ultimate rebellion, feelings were running strong; I was full of anxiety, excitement, and resolve. I knew exactly the mission that stood before me: follow through on my planned course of action to violently overthrow the oppressive old order in my life, and establish a new one that was consistent with my long-held values and dreams.

At the age of 8 on the evening of May 30, 1986, this had been my first place to sleep upon moving to Oklahoma -- with a north-facing view toward Lake Hefner from the top floor. This night would be no different; I would go out the same way I came in.

Emotions were running high as I had chosen to risk everything I had, including the relinquishing of nearly all my possessions, the expenditure of most of my personal savings, and the abandonment of my familiar territorial comfort zone. All this risk would entail an uncertain future, and no guarantee of success.

But the window of opportunity had presented itself, and it was time to revolt. The time had come to fiercely rebel against a life of loneliness, excruciating job stress, shattered career dreams, and the way that America had become during the last several decades. And from the wake's ashes, it was a prospect to build a new life -- a pleasant, balanced life that featured a decent career, a financial future, and most importantly -- FRIENDS.

This gargantuan undertaking awaited me with alluring luster -- on the eve of rebellion.

It was a course of action that would positively change my life in ways never imagined. The plethora of pictures, numerous writings, and other personal works of mine only begin to tell the story. I wake up every day now, happy to be alive, excited about my future, eager to face the challenges, and am sincerely delighted to see all my friends. And today with this hard-won freedom, I celebrate triumphantly the one-year anniversary of this spectacular revolution.

So now I must ask the following question: what will you do to find freedom in *your* life? Will you fight? Will you take risks? How long must you wait until your fear of *living a wasted life* exceeds your fear of failing in this venture? When will you take the initiative and make the leap?

As for me, my values have been clarified, the consequences of my actions considered, and the choices made. My gratitude has never been greater as I gaze back upon that historic night one year ago...on the eve of rebellion.

"Live Free or Die!"...Let Freedom Ring!

"Leave 'MacLife' behind...find your new life and live in it." Viva La Revolucion...

Freedom will not forever be an orphan...eventually a country will again rise that is the new bastion of freedom.

Nate
Nate
Freshman Poster

Postby gmm567 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:07 am

well it's nice to hear from you. How things going?

You find it less lonely in china?
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 am

One year ago right now around midnight (U.S. Central Time), the Lake Hefner Dam greeted me for my hour's walk with the night's cold, calm air and crystal-clear water reflection. Many inspiring tunes from my selected song list stirred me, such as Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance," Michael Bolton's "Go the Distance," Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight," Mr. Mister's "Kyrie," and to top it all off...Styx's "Come Sail Away." It was really...moving.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Postby DiscoPro_Joe » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:50 am

gmm567 wrote:well it's nice to hear from you. How things going?

You find it less lonely in china?

Look me up on Facebook and/or MySpace to have those questions answered! :? You can follow the links in my Happier Abroad profile to get my e-mail address (to look me up by), along with my MySpace URL.
DiscoPro_Joe
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions