Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Just got back from Ukraine

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Just got back from Ukraine

Postby Primoabroad » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Hello,

I spent 2 months in Ukraine, just got back home in Los Angeles a week ago. It was an interesting experience and I feel I learned a lot about myself, the Ukranian culture, women, and people in general. I am a 31 year old professional online poker player, so I'm able to go traveling whenever I want and play poker on my laptop. As far as meeting women went, it wasn't what I expected. I expected to have my pick, me being a young, decent looking guy with normal social skills, I thought I would have a big advantage over the older American travelers that are looking for a wife. However, I didn't have my pick, it was difficult at times, and the hot, young bride I was looking for didn't return her affection to me. A couple girls really liked me, but I am very picky, as I think I should be for taking the time to go thru all that.

I also felt a little trapped for not speaking the language. I knew people there who helped me, but I couldn't even call a taxi without help, and it seemed almost embarrasing that I couldn't speak Russian. If I were to do this again, I would study Russian hard to at least be able to have a basic conversation with people.

I plan on spending a year abroad, traveling to different countries like Brazil, the Phillipines, and possibly back to Eastern Europe like Ukraine and the Czech republic. Does anyone know maybe there are other countries where it's easier for an American to meet a wife than Ukraine? I like white girls with nice figures, not too thin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

- Adam
Primoabroad
Freshman Poster

Postby tjh14 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:40 pm

If you read some of the horror stories about men's experiences in Ukraine and Russia, you will be glad it didn't work out. Just last week, a woman I know from Kiev asked me to marry her in exchange for $15,000 so she can move to the USA. No love, just papers. This summaries my experiences there. Consider yourself fortunate. You still have your money and your soul. I lost a lot of money and part of my soul, but I am working on rebuilding both. :)

Go to the Philippines!
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Postby jtest28 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:13 am

What part of Ukraine? I did very well in Kharkov. More attractive women there than other areas, from what I hear. Also, it had a good gender ratio. Some areas of Ukraine are said to contain spoiled women and more men than women.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Postby SNS » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 pm

jtest28 wrote:What part of Ukraine? I did very well in Kharkov. More attractive women there than other areas, from what I hear. Also, it had a good gender ratio. Some areas of Ukraine are said to contain spoiled women and more men than women.

That would be places like Odessa.

But if you did well in Kharkov consider yourself lucky. Generally speaking Ukraine and Russia are very hardcore places and the women just as ruthless.

Also jtest, when you say you "did well" what exactly are you talking about? Just sex? Or did you find the woman of your dreams and marry her? There seems that possibly there are two things going on here. Some guys are looking for the love of their lives, others just go to Ukraine or Russia to get their dicks wet. When we speak of our travels to this part of the world, we should clarify what we want.
SNS
Freshman Poster

Postby jtest28 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:18 pm

I had women who were way into me, in the relationship sense. Not as pure as what I had thought they would be like. But they did want the same things as me. Much better than American women when it came to desire for relationships.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Maybe Poland?

Postby Primoabroad » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Hey,

Yes, I did spend a lot of time in Kharkov actually. I spent the last part of my trip there, about a month. I made some good friends there and met some pretty girls.

My plan for now is in a few months go to Brazil, where my friend is. Then maybe go to the Phillipines I've heard so much about how caring and good the women are there. After that, go back to Eastern Europe. I'm hearing more and more how great Poland is. Most people there speak English, the women are hot, and the people are mellow and intellectuals more so than Ukranians. Also I've always wanted to see the Czech Republic.

However, I need to figure out what to do with my enormous amount of stuff in my apartment. Maybe put it in storage.
Primoabroad
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 am

Ive only read two reports about Poland. Both horrible. No one else ever talks about Poland. What good things have you heard?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Poles?

Postby Montanaland » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 am

I haven't heard of Poland being mentioned to much as a hot spot either. Moldova- which ladislav pointed out earlier this year seems to be trip I would like to go on.
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Re: Poles?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:48 am

Montanaland wrote:I haven't heard of Poland being mentioned to much as a hot spot either. Moldova- which ladislav pointed out earlier this year seems to be trip I would like to go on.

I spent a week in Krakow and was underwhelmed to say the least. There were groups of drunk Brits prancing around in stag parties, and people seemed fully indifferent to men from the Anglosphere in their midst.

Moldova was even worse than Poland in that the girls mostly had sullen, sad expressions on their faces, and many of them dyed their hair black. A friend called it a country of women who all look like Elvira; I see his point. I thought it would be close in culture to Romania, but the capital of Chisinau was far from the bustling hot spot of Bucharest.

Poland and Moldova are not bad places, but I would not place them high on your priorities of places to see.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 am

Primoabroad,
Congrats on going to Ukraine. It was eye opening at least right?

Didn't you at least feel good in that you could meet girls and not feel like a creep?

Like I said, you just have to try different countries and see what works for you, based on your criteria and assets. People will report different experiences. Some even report great experiences with dating in Germany and Japan.

Consider Eastern Europe too. Lots of countries there with rich history. I go for the culture and museums too, so for me, any spot in Europe is nice, even if I don't get a girlfriend there.

As to Poland, as long as you're white, girls will consider you. They are polite, educated and intellectual. I loved Krakow and had a blast there. I will post my videos there on YouTube sometime. But I had a great friend to hang out with and team up with. He is in Prague now and happy there. Even though I couldn't find a Polish girl who was serious about me, they were friendly and sociable and easy to chat up, and that's what counts. Not even being able to bat is the worst.

I just completed parts 3 and 4 of my Female Encounters film. It will give you an idea of what typical Russian girls are like. Check out all four parts at: http://www.happierabroad.com/film.php
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Adama » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Montanaland wrote:I haven't heard of Poland being mentioned to much as a hot spot either. Moldova- which ladislav pointed out earlier this year seems to be trip I would like to go on.

I spent a week in Krakow and was underwhelmed to say the least. There were groups of drunk Brits prancing around in stag parties, and people seemed fully indifferent to men from the Anglosphere in their midst.

Moldova was even worse than Poland in that the girls mostly had sullen, sad expressions on their faces, and many of them dyed their hair black. A friend called it a country of women who all look like Elvira; I see his point. I thought it would be close in culture to Romania, but the capital of Chisinau was far from the bustling hot spot of Bucharest.

Poland and Moldova are not bad places, but I would not place them high on your priorities of places to see.

Which countries outside the Balkans do you like?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Adama » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Grunt, do you have any pointers for men looking to meet beautiful Ukrainian wives? I just wonder what he lacked that you did correctly.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Went to Ukraine in the spring/summer. My feeling is that it is not that easy to meet girls there if you do not make inroads into society and you do not speak the language. I was born there and I know the language and I arrived from abroad- maybe that would make me a prize catch. No way.

It is still way easier to find girls there than in the USA and there are many but it is not a very open society. It will all take time and you will need to court the girls the proper way. A commando ( James Bond, Bourne Conspiracy)approach no longer seems to work since the country really does not give a sh-t about the US, EU or Russia for that matter. An American savior whisking the girl away back home to mom, apple pie and the big PX may or may not succeed. The year is 2009 not 1991. A new generation has grown that is pretty comfortable. They get to know people through schools, introductions, circles, etc. Sometimes, it is possible to chat girls up but not as good as in Russia.

Not knowing Ukrainian is OK in the East, but knowing only English in the country that by and large does not care about the Anglosphere makes things double hard. I have no idea how guys can meet girls there if they do not even know Russian let alone Ukrainian. That makes most girls unapproachable. At best, they will find girls who are interested in Americans because of them being Americans because courting other girls there in English is not easy. If not downright impossible.

American soldiers in conquered ( or protected) lands ( Germany, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Korea, Panama, and even England) could pull it off especially under conditions of war and general ruin and destruction by appearing as strong rescuers and manly and positive winners among the rubble and corpses of local men. Also, in the CIS countries immediately after the independence a bunch of people came and took the girls in the midst of the chaos. Not anymore. You are now dealing with modern, European countries who do not give a sh-t about the US. That is the deal there. Go there, you are welcome to court the girls but on their terms.

Getting to know girls through English language internet ads exposes you to people who actively seek to marry a non local. Usually doing so violates centuries- old traditions of courtship there. Plus they themselves have no idea of what it would be like to meet an American and love/marry him. If you had the wherewithal to be there and live as a local, it would take you several months to a year to find a good girl and fall in love. But even locals divorce there. Anyway, you have to seriously love Ukraine to succeed with women there. Or find a woman who seriously loves Americans and who does not love her country.

Look before you leap and decide if it is for you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Insidious wrote:Which countries outside the Balkans do you like?

There are far too many to list. I prefer to advise aspiring expats to travel to the poorest countries that have the women they find most attractive. Even if your visit to that country ends up that you do not like it, odds are a neighboring country to that one might suit you far better. For example, I thought I would like Bulgaria, but a visit there proved to be lackluster for me. I then traveled to neighboring Romania and had an absolute blast of a time.

If you stay in the capital cities first, you will find many people who speak English very well. Many of the smaller towns have English speakers too in this age of the internet and cable TV programming from the US.

Strike up conversations with some hotel clerks, bartenders, waitresses, or others. Most people are very open to interacting with western foreigners. These people can be valuable resources as to where to eat, stay, hang-out, and where to avoid.

Pretty much avoid all of Western Europe, particularly London, Paris, Amsterdam, and other large cities. Also avoid places that are heavily promoted in the West as vacation spots: Negril, Jamaica, Cancun, Cabo, Mexico, etc. At these places you are mostly going to meet American and European tourists and local prostitutes.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions