Does your myers brigg personality change overseas?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
picasso25
Freshman Poster

Does your myers brigg personality change overseas?

Post by picasso25 »

hey I was wondering if someone could be an introvert in the U.S. but become more extroverted overseas, or go from being a judger in the U.S. to beoming a perceiver overseas? any thoughts?
American women!!! Yuk!!!

what's that? you wanna tell me about who paris hilton is dating now. who cares!!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Where in the world do I belong!

Post by Montanaland »

It just happens to be that I was researching that same topic a couple of days ago. I came across a $350 book that trys to generalize what MB type indicator describes different countries.

Thankfully a review on amazon summarized a few countries for us.

http://www.amazon.com/Belong-countrys-c ... ewpoints=1
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

If you took the correct and actual test (rather than the many partial internet ones), that will determine your true type. Generally by age 25 everyone is set in their ways regarding personality. Your personality testing results won't change if your living in a particular country. But the way you express your traits might. If your an introvert personality in the states, you will remain an introvert personality where ever you go. However, you may feel more inclined to participate with people or activities that you normally wouldn't consider in the states. I'm an INTJ and I first took the official test when I was around 24 or so. Ive taken it a couple times since and always got the same result. I would say that I tend to be more extroverted living overseas but thats mainly because I don't feel judged as hard as I do in the states and when English isn't someones main language, they don't engage or worry about you as much. So the spot light isn't on you in the same way it is in the states. However, I am still a loner and only prefer to be around other people when I choose. I like doing things on my own and I've always been like that. I'm not going to change just cause I'm in another country.

Whatever molded you growing up is what you typically remain consciously and subconsciously. I'm an introvert, but can be a functioning extrovert when I want to be. Lots of famous people that you would think are extroverts are actually introverts. They just know when to turn it off and on for their audience. Like Howard Stern is an introvert personality but to the average listener of his radio show they would think he is an extrovert.

This book is one of the better ones on the market to explain your personality type:

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: does your myers brigg change overseas?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

picasso25 wrote:hey I was womdering if soemone could be an introvert in the U.S. but become more extroverted overseas, or go from being a judger in the U.S. to beoming a perceiver overseas? any thought?
No. Myers Briggs profiles are said to be a result of "hard-wiring." That said, your outlook on life would likely change overseas because of the different social stimuli.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Possibly. You can't change who you are at the core, but you can change your behaviors. And sometimes, if you feel more happy and free, the "real you" could come out or emerge. That's happened to me.

I am border between INFJ and ENFJ. Sometimes the test says I'm INFJ, but if I'm going out more and meeting more people, as I do overseas, then my habits become more like ENFJ (more extroverted that is).
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne