Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Do Colleges Redline Asian-Americans?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Do Colleges Redline Asian-Americans?

Postby jonas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 am

Very interesting cultural phenomena in the USA.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/20 ... es_red.php
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby EvilBaga » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 am

Well,
Hispanics and Blacks get in for free, so whites or asians have to suffer.

Asians might suffer more due to hidden racism,and the usage of non university criteria (sports/alumni's children etc).

Both ways... its beyond disgusting and I cant say more without probably breaking some law or the other...
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Not to justify this practice known as "race norming," but if Asians were admitted solely upon their raw scores and attributes, whites would be the biggest losers and grossly underrepresented at the elite universities. Blacks and others would be knocked down to lower tier universities. I'm not saying any of this is right or wrong, but that is what would happen.

If we want to reverse the dumbing down of America, I would think that rewarding the most talented students needs to be the norm again. Students of any background can get into university, but it might not be the quality of which they might expect.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby EvilBaga » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 am

You ARE justifying it...simply because you do not view it as a negative.

Heres a fact for you: Those whites won't disappear and live lives of abject poverty... they will end up in universities that aren't the top 7 or whatever.

The only real losers to correcting the system (will never happen) would be people at the very very bottom...and those standards are so low - they are basically being warehoused anyway.
EvilBaga
Freshman Poster

Postby globetrotter » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:39 pm

In China the kids study or are in class from 7 am to 12 midnight, 7 days a week. Sunday is the big day off, they spend a few hours at the market mid-day. They spend about 3X as much classroom and study time as US students do up until they get into UNI, then it is coast time as all students seem to be passed through the system when they reach that level. The ones who continue to bust their asses become engineers, teachers and such.

The Communist Party is made up mostly of Engineers and Soldiers.

It won't matter if the States redlines Asian descent Americans or not. The Asians in Asia will still kick the USA's collective ass.

People have been sounding this warning bell for 15 years. The US knows what it needs to do but it won't as it is controlled by a self-destructive or clueless elite that wants things to stay as they are.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Postby ladislav » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Not to justify this practice known as "race norming," but if Asians were admitted solely upon their raw scores and attributes, whites would be the biggest losers and grossly underrepresented at the elite universities. Blacks and others would be knocked down to lower tier universities. I'm not saying any of this is right or wrong, but that is what would happen.

If we want to reverse the dumbing down of America, I would think that rewarding the most talented students needs to be the norm again. Students of any background can get into university, but it might not be the quality of which they might expect.

The Asians who were admitted to the USA are the best and the brightest/ kids of the richest. Same in Australia. You have all these rich kids from Asia all because the immigration there or in the USA only admits the cream of the crop. Refugees are the exception to the rule. That is why it has been known that the Asians in Anglo countries are in their majority not the reflection of the rank and file Joe Lee, Joe Kim and Joe Tanaka and are not the cross section of the population.

So, while Joe Smith, Leroy Washington and Jose Rodriguez are basking in the America is Number One glory, the elite of those countries are totally penetrating the US market. And they sure think that the three of those are pretty dumb.

I have taught in Asian countries and I do not think an average Asian is smarter than an average white American. Quite the opposite. I found an average Japanese to be not so smart, for one. Same with an average Thai, Filipino and others. Pretty average and below average. The top tier that you do not even meet in Asia are the ones who are allowed near the US or Oz embassies. The dumbos are left behind.

Been dealing with those for decades. Not a pretty picture.

Well, let those Asians invade the US. They will soon be joining happier abroad when they find out that it is pretty hard to date in America.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:56 am

globetrotter wrote:People have been sounding this warning bell for 15 years. The US knows what it needs to do but it won't as it is controlled by a self-destructive or clueless elite that wants things to stay as they are.

Who has been sounding the bell for 15 years? And why 15 years?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 am

ladislav wrote:The Asians who were admitted to the USA are the best and the brightest/ kids of the richest. Same in Australia. You have all these rich kids from Asia all because the immigration there or in the USA only admits the cream of the crop. Refugees are the exception to the rule. That is why it has been known that the Asians in Anglo countries are in their majority not the reflection of the rank and file Joe Lee, Joe Kim and Joe Tanaka and are not the cross section of the population.

Statistically speaking this is not true and this definitely isn't the situation for the asian-americans I know or my parents. Matter of fact if you look at the third immigration wave from the 60's (which the vast majority of second generation asian parents come from) they are overwhelmingly poor and had to leave for economic reasons. There's a reason why Korean immigrants end up opening up liquor stores in the ghetto and why so many Chinese people own seemingly inconsequential small businesses and restaurants in America. My father had to take out substantial business and personal loans to start out his shop and he literally had nothing to his name when he came to America. He made it but it was through sheer hard work and not some kind of rich asian family legacy. Hell, I _wish_ I came from a rich asian family like that it would make living around the world effortless.

The brand new immigrants might have more rich people but these aren't asians who are settling down in the U.S. but just sending their kids to study in the U.S. and investing in real estate. I know people from Taiwan/Hong Kong/Korea who buy condos and cars for their kids in the U.S. but the parents live and work in Asia. The kids are the jet-set type and don't stay in the U.S. either but travel back and forth between countries.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby jonas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:41 am

ladislav wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Not to justify this practice known as "race norming," but if Asians were admitted solely upon their raw scores and attributes, whites would be the biggest losers and grossly underrepresented at the elite universities. Blacks and others would be knocked down to lower tier universities. I'm not saying any of this is right or wrong, but that is what would happen.

The Asians who were admitted to the USA are the best and the brightest/ kids of the richest. Same in Australia. You have all these rich kids from Asia all because the immigration there or in the USA only admits the cream of the crop. Refugees are the exception to the rule. That is why it has been known that the Asians in Anglo countries are in their majority not the reflection of the rank and file Joe Lee, Joe Kim and Joe Tanaka and are not the cross section of the population.

So, while Joe Smith, Leroy Washington and Jose Rodriguez are basking in the America is Number One glory, the elite of those countries are totally penetrating the US market. And they sure think that the three of those are pretty dumb.

I have taught in Asian countries and I do not think an average Asian is smarter than an average white American. Quite the opposite. I found an average Japanese to be not so smart, for one. Same with an average Thai, Filipino and others. Pretty average and below average. The top tier that you do not even meet in Asia are the ones who are allowed near the US or Oz embassies. The dumbos are left behind.

Been dealing with those for decades. Not a pretty picture.

Well, let those Asians invade the US. They will soon be joining happier abroad when they find out that it is pretty hard to date in America.

If the Asians who were accepted to Australia and the US were the brightest, then why didn't they stay behind in their own countries and try to build them? Sounds like they are all about money.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby jonas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:43 am

The brand new immigrants might have more rich people but these aren't asians who are settling down in the U.S. but just sending their kids to study in the U.S. and investing in real estate. I know people from Taiwan/Hong Kong/Korea who buy condos and cars for their kids in the U.S. but the parents live and work in Asia. The kids are the jet-set type and don't stay in the U.S. either but travel back and forth between countries.

Sounds like materialistic non-religious drones who believe in money. It's no wonder there is no such thing as an Asian American patriot. What a joke that is no?
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby jonas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:45 am

globetrotter wrote:In China the kids study or are in class from 7 am to 12 midnight, 7 days a week. Sunday is the big day off, they spend a few hours at the market mid-day. They spend about 3X as much classroom and study time as US students do up until they get into UNI, then it is coast time as all students seem to be passed through the system when they reach that level. The ones who continue to bust their asses become engineers, teachers and such.

The Communist Party is made up mostly of Engineers and Soldiers.

It won't matter if the States redlines Asian descent Americans or not. The Asians in Asia will still kick the USA's collective ass.

People have been sounding this warning bell for 15 years. The US knows what it needs to do but it won't as it is controlled by a self-destructive or clueless elite that wants things to stay as they are.

More like 40 years when they started letting in your race into this country and then having you act like you're God's gift to the West. f**k China. Who cares about this breeding class of cockroaches.
Last edited by jonas on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby jonas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 am

Well, not to "race norm" but your racist view of America's universities are actually quite accurate. Congratulations.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby jonas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 am

Yes, let them invade since our leaders have done that treason for quite a while now. And no, they will not have trouble dating in America because the racist Asians date their own. Their parents arrange buying them a house and a car if they stick to their own race. Of course, whites are the only ones accused of racism in this stupid country and the apologists for the racist Asians always get a word in edgewise but whites never do. That is the end of the Western countries. The Chinese are going to take over thanks to them. Say goodbye to this country.
jonas
Freshman Poster

Postby globetrotter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:14 am

ladislav wrote:
globetrotter wrote:People have been sounding this warning bell for 15 years. The US knows what it needs to do but it won't as it is controlled by a self-destructive or clueless elite that wants things to stay as they are.

Who has been sounding the bell for 15 years? And why 15 years?

15 years because that is how long many of these voices have been drilling this concept into peoples heads online.

Who?

Mises, Celente, Calculated Risk Blog, Housing Panic, Housing Doom, Elizabeth Warren, any gold bug blog, anyone who came off as an end of the world crank in 1995, anyone who touted Kondratieff Waves, Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, credit collapses, long wave theory, anyone who knew in 2006 what 1837-1873-1929 referred to, meant, and portended. There are about 100 people who knew that the current crisis would happen, and they all made quite a bit of money. I know more than a few of them who shorted the banks that made the bad liar loans to people in Socal.

Most of these same folks know that the USA must stop adding new debt, save money, invest in infrastructure, kill PC and Feminist thougthcrime, return to basics in schools, and other hard to swallow medicines that the USA won't do because the country has too much money and is run by bankstas.

The ideas are out there, it just takes time to find them and read them.

The MSM and mainstream academics are almost to a person clueless as to the plight and solutions.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Postby Repatriate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:20 am

jonas wrote:

Sounds like materialistic non-religious drones who believe in money. It's no wonder there is no such thing as an Asian American patriot. What a joke that is no?

As opposed to angry bitter people such as yourself who actually have enough recreational time to troll forums about how you dislike various races? Is this how you define patriotism? Don't make me laugh.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions