Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


America: The Grim Truth

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby globetrotter » Tue May 18, 2010 10:38 am

RedDog wrote:Was in a high-paying IT job (management level), but got laid off 8 months ago. Can't find work to save my life. I've started PMP certification, but may end up leaving the country, once I'm done, if I can't land decent work. In one of the several networking groups I'm involved in, they actually told us to start looking for IT work in India and China. Can you believe it? Seems to me, that most of the H1B visa folks are from just those places. So, are we now going to trade places with them?


I was going to recommend the same thing.

Beat the rush and mad scramble for the exits.

I suggest you teach ESL in China for 2 years, study the language diligently for those 24 months, keep up your other skillsets, and then get in touch with USA companies that want to outsource to Asia.

I know it accelerates the decline but if the Gov't won't change policy we cannot fight it.

Embrace our new Chinese Overlords!

For the past 5 years the upper class elite in NYC, Chicago and elsewhere have been sending their kids to Mandarin lessons.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum







Postby ladislav » Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Embrace our new Chinese Overlords!


Congratulations! Here they are. The investors!

http://factsanddetails.com/media/2/2008 ... Xinhua.jpg

Politics? Skin color? You've got money, America will serve you!

So, did America win the Cold War? And what happened to the "Yellow Peril"?

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/09 ... /intro.jpg

For the past 5 years the upper class elite in NYC, Chicago and elsewhere have been sending their kids to Mandarin lessons.


Too bad I enrolled in Japanese classes when everyone was doing it and Japan was poised to take over the world.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Think Different » Tue May 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Here's one for you: in my job-seeker networking groups I attend, they are advising us (middle-aged, mid-to-late career professionals) to take or try to find unpaid internship "jobs" in companies for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year (no benefits), and hope the companies like what they see in us, and will hopefully hire us full-time at the end of their free-slave-labor period.

I mean, they can f'n BITE ME! UNPAID INTERNSHIPS??!! Most of these guys in these groups (and they're almost all guys) could be running the departments in most of these greedy companies and now we're supposed to go grovel up to them and beg for a scrap of bread and hope to "prove ourselves"? Isn't proving ourselves what we've done the last 20-30 years? Now we have to "re-prove" ourselves to companies that will kick our ass out the door at the drop of a hat, regardless of how long we've worked for them?

It used to be that company loyalty was a two-way street. Now its a master-slave relationship.
Think Different
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Germany

Postby ladislav » Tue May 25, 2010 6:26 am

RedDog wrote:Here's one for you: in my job-seeker networking groups I attend, they are advising us (middle-aged, mid-to-late career professionals) to take or try to find unpaid internship "jobs" in companies for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year (no benefits), and hope the companies like what they see in us, and will hopefully hire us full-time at the end of their free-slave-labor period.

I mean, they can f'n BITE ME! UNPAID INTERNSHIPS??!! Most of these guys in these groups (and they're almost all guys) could be running the departments in most of these greedy companies and now we're supposed to go grovel up to them and beg for a scrap of bread and hope to "prove ourselves"? Isn't proving ourselves what we've done the last 20-30 years? Now we have to "re-prove" ourselves to companies that will kick our ass out the door at the drop of a hat, regardless of how long we've worked for them?

It used to be that company loyalty was a two-way street. Now its a master-slave relationship.


And it just shows an overall poor economy- all of the above sounds like some miserable third world country and the business relationships one has there. Does not sound like America to me ( not the way it is supposed to be at least).
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby FuzzX » Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

That's crazy red dog... unpaid internships!!! Yikes... you know a recession proof industry? Truck Driving... its also fairly easy to start. All companies are hiring american and canadian truckers right now and getting your CDL isn't too hard... it cost me $5000 and I got hired on at a 50k/year job the very same month I graduated.

A better alternative to kissing some 20 y/o's ass if you ask me.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Postby ladislav » Tue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

FuzzX wrote:That's crazy red dog... unpaid internships!!! Yikes... you know a recession proof industry? Truck Driving... its also fairly easy to start. All companies are hiring american and canadian truckers right now and getting your CDL isn't too hard... it cost me $5000 and I got hired on at a 50k/year job the very same month I graduated.

A better alternative to kissing some 20 y/o's ass if you ask me.


How much money can you save by working as a truck driver? I mean how much cash can one put in the bank monthly? And is the work easy? Also, what about the age limit?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

CONVOY!!

Postby Think Different » Tue May 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Think Different
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Germany

Postby gsjackson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Globetrotter, all I can say is you da man. The original post was about as succinct a critique of the challenges the U.S. is facing as I've ever seen. I agree with every point, possibly excepting two.

Are China and our other creditors really so willing to pull the plug on the dollar when a new reserve currency becomes viable, even if they do realize that the American consumer and his credit cards -- the erstwhile goose that lays the golden egg for exporting countries -- is all tapped out? We do, as you have pointed out, have a state-of-the-art military, and a clearly demonstrated willingness to shoot off our big guns at any time or place. As you have also pointed out, an economically destabilizing U.S. is a significant threat to world peace. Surely China and most of the rest of the world understand this, and have an interest in keeping the U.S. from going down the drain economically.

It's somewhat ironic that China lends us the money to continue encircling the world's oil supply and compromising China geopolitically. But they keep doing so, no doubt understanding that the ideal once articulated by Richard Nixon has become reality -- the U.S. perceived around the world as a little bit crazy and liable to go geopolitically bonkers at any time.

The second point I might disagree with is the inevitability of unaffordable gas. I've been waiting for peak oil predictions to come true for may years now, thinking that the resulting changes, economically cataclysmic though they would likely be, might benefit the country by reconfiguring some of the unfortunate social arrangements that have helped create the problems in social interaction lamented on this site. But I'm starting to think PO isn't going to happen. There is a fairly persuasive book out there by a Cornell professor -- The Deep Hot Biosphere -- making the case that petroleum is not a fossil fuel, but rather is continuously generated beneath the earth's surface. Count me as an agnostic now on this question.

Final point: Maybe I'm nuts, but I think all the matters discussed by Globetrotter in the original post are not unrelated to the problems with American females. My main gripe with them is that they are brain-dead narcissists, with whom it is impossible to relate on any but the most mundane personal level. If you don't immediately start talking about sex, or their tits, or something similarly unabstract and titillating, they'll tune you right out. It's hard to engage the world outside the self carrying around all the cognitive dissonance that Americans are burdened with. All the different concerns about how to relate in a world filled with other people -- all summed up for Americans by, "we're number one; however it's done here is the best way it can be done." Having nothing left to learn makes for some pretty stunted human beings.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby momopi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 pm

ladislav wrote:
FuzzX wrote:That's crazy red dog... unpaid internships!!! Yikes... you know a recession proof industry? Truck Driving... its also fairly easy to start. All companies are hiring american and canadian truckers right now and getting your CDL isn't too hard... it cost me $5000 and I got hired on at a 50k/year job the very same month I graduated.

A better alternative to kissing some 20 y/o's ass if you ask me.


How much money can you save by working as a truck driver? I mean how much cash can one put in the bank monthly? And is the work easy? Also, what about the age limit?


Back in the 1990's, truck drives made very good money. If you delivered stuff like seafood, you get bonuses for meeting your delivery deadline / arriving early. I knew a guy who trucked seafood with his wife, and they would take turns driving. Because they worked as a team, they delivered faster than the solo drivers. That couple was able to save enough cash to buy rental properties across Los Angeles, and retired early.

Unfortunately, with the rising cost of gas today, the expenses are far higher and it's harder to make a profit.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Ghost Nationalist » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:39 pm

I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.
Ghost Nationalist
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Postby momopi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Ghost Nationalist wrote:I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.


About 10 years ago I had a Vietnamese GF who felt the same way. She did not like Americans and did not enjoy American culture. She preferred Japan and moved there. Last I heard, she was looking for a Japanese guy to marry there.

If you don't like where you live, vote with your feet.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby globetrotter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Ghost Nationalist wrote:I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.


Then you were just born in the wrong country at the wrong time and you need to explore the world and find out which nation is best for you.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum

Postby Ghost Nationalist » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

globetrotter wrote:
Ghost Nationalist wrote:I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.


Then you were just born in the wrong country at the wrong time and you need to explore the world and find out which nation is best for you.


That's exactly how I feel. Of the regions of the world that I have been to, I liked Southern Europe and Latin America the best. I'm also planning a trip to Russia and Eastern Europe in early-2011. I couldn't imagine women there to be any worse than they are in the Anglosphere.
Ghost Nationalist
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Ghost Nationalist wrote:
globetrotter wrote:
Ghost Nationalist wrote:I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.


Then you were just born in the wrong country at the wrong time and you need to explore the world and find out which nation is best for you.


That's exactly how I feel. Of the regions of the world that I have been to, I liked Southern Europe and Latin America the best. I'm also planning a trip to Russia and Eastern Europe in early-2011. I couldn't imagine women there to be any worse than they are in the Anglosphere.


Welcome Ghost Nationalist,
The girls in Russia/Eastern Europe are far more open, approachable, easy to meet and feminine than in the US. 1000 times more. But they are a bit more shameless in that they will not feel any guilt in making you pay too much or seeing you overspend. You can see what Russian girls are like nearly firsthand in my Foreign Female Encounters Videos here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/film.php
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Ghost Nationalist » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Winston wrote:
Ghost Nationalist wrote:
globetrotter wrote:
Ghost Nationalist wrote:I hate America. f**k being politically correct. I hate America. Everything about it I hate: the people, the women, the culture, the politics, the laws, the attitudes, you name it. I feel like a foreigner in my own country. I can relate to Winston's story of being completely isolated in this social shithole. Over the past few weeks, I rooted against the U.S. in the World Cup. I have followed sports my entire life and never been so passionate in my rooting interest. It's only matter of time before I expatriate. I have suffered long enough.


Then you were just born in the wrong country at the wrong time and you need to explore the world and find out which nation is best for you.


That's exactly how I feel. Of the regions of the world that I have been to, I liked Southern Europe and Latin America the best. I'm also planning a trip to Russia and Eastern Europe in early-2011. I couldn't imagine women there to be any worse than they are in the Anglosphere.


Welcome Ghost Nationalist,
The girls in Russia/Eastern Europe are far more open, approachable, easy to meet and feminine than in the US. 1000 times more. But they are a bit more shameless in that they will not feel any guilt in making you pay too much or seeing you overspend. You can see what Russian girls are like nearly firsthand in my Foreign Female Encounters Videos here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/film.php


Sounds a lot like some of the Mexican women that I have encountered in the past.

BTW, I read your entire account of your first trip to Russia. It was very well-written and I felt as though I was actually there, experiencing the things you experienced. I'll probably print it out a few days before next year's trip and re-read it on the plane rides. Keep up the good work, Winston!
Ghost Nationalist
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests