Are the Annunaki a threat to us? (added pics of skulls)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: What makes you the ultimate authority on what exists and what doesn't?
Because unlike you, I don't waste my time on the lookout for absurd anomalies. I offer no divine salvation, no supernatural faith, no heaven, no hell, no karmic reward or retribution, no star wars "force", no imaginary lizard friends from dimension X, no alien an*l probes, and no fear of the unknown and unseen. I give only the supremacy of man and his abilities.

p.s. anyone else besides me go for the "dream crusher" perk in Fallout 3? There's an irony somewhere in this...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: What makes you the ultimate authority on what exists and what doesn't?
Because unlike you, I don't waste my time on the lookout for absurd anomalies. I offer no divine salvation, no supernatural faith, no heaven, no hell, no karmic reward or retribution, no star wars "force", no imaginary lizard friends from dimension X, no alien an*l probes, and no fear of the unknown and unseen. I give only the supremacy of man and his abilities.
That doesn't answer the question. If you aren't interested in alternative explanations then fine. You should say "I don't know. I haven't looked into it." That's what a reasonable person would do.

So why then, do you act like an authority on what exists and what doesn't? What qualifies you? You didn't answer that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you don't accept the answer, that's your problem, not mine.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:If you don't accept the answer, that's your problem, not mine.
::::::: scratching head :::::::::

You just said you don't spend time researching this stuff. If so, then that makes you even less of an authority right? How does not spending time researching something make you an authority on it?!?!?!??!!? Say what? Are you from an antimatter universe?

Again, why can't you just say "I don't know. This is not my area of interest or expertise." rather than acting like God and declaring what does and doesn't exist?

You are not well read in the paranormal, and you admit it. So how can you judge what is false and true in the paranormal world? That would be like me claiming to be an authority on Hungarian cabinets because I have not spent any time learning about them. That does not make sense and you know it. Come on now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I should go start a few outrageous hoaxes and see how many idiots fall for it.

Anyone have good photoshop skills? I need to enlarge some skeletons...
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

Ya momopi but the sh1t I saw in Mexico that night was no joke or imaginary made up crazyness... I dunno about david icke or the newage stuff but I saw first hand 2 not more than a football field or so from me.

@games: Fallout 3 was excellent BUT theres NO REASON that anyone had to die in the end... why the super mutant couldn't have gone to take the rads is beyond me.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

FuzzX wrote:Ya momopi but the sh1t I saw in Mexico that night was no joke or imaginary made up crazyness... I dunno about david icke or the newage stuff but I saw first hand 2 not more than a football field or so from me.

@games: Fallout 3 was excellent BUT theres NO REASON that anyone had to die in the end... why the super mutant couldn't have gone to take the rads is beyond me.

Eh, you have to buy this expansion ($10 on PS3):
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Steel

The original game ends after the "Take it Back" quest. If you install Broken Steel add-in, you can continue the game after the quest, with level caps raised to 30.

Depending on the platform that you play, you can buy the "Game of the Year" edition with all 5 expansions cheaper than if you had to pay for each expansion combined. Check local Gamestop or Craiglist for used copies. Xbox 360 version will be cheaper than PS3 version.

But I agree that the folks in this thread should play Spore.

DatelessDude87
Freshman Poster

Post by DatelessDude87 »

I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials......I think there's enough evidence to confirm their existence and it is rather arrogant for us to believe we are the only civilization in the universe. :)

As to aliens actually being a threat to us?

In my opinion that's unlikely considering two things:

1). Humanity has been around for tens of thousands of years if they wanted to invade and enslave the planet or suck it dry of its resources they have had many ample opportunities to do so without fear of reprisal from us, as our inferior technology would likely be useless against them.

2). I think if they're an advanced civilization that has mastered the capability of interstellar space travel then they have evolved and matured past greed, pettiness, jealousy, a thirst for war and power, and all other human weakeness.
If anything I think they might be trying to help us and teach us new things, but because our sci-fi movies and the media demonize them nobody would civily greet a visitor from another world which is horrible in my opinion. :(
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:I should go start a few outrageous hoaxes and see how many idiots fall for it.

Go ahead. Maybe you can hoax some bigfoot tracks or crop circles? lol. Or make a UFO photo in photoshop and send it to all the paranormal sites and claim that it's a genuine UFO sighting. lol

But if you're caught and exposed, your name and face may be exposed in the newspaper and somewhat damage your reputation. So it'd be at your own risk. lol

Anyway, so your position is that anything paranormal must be a hoax, misperception or delusion, right? Isn't that kind of a closed minded fundamentalist belief?

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:I should go start a few outrageous hoaxes and see how many idiots fall for it.

Go ahead. Maybe you can hoax some bigfoot tracks or crop circles? lol. Or make a UFO photo in photoshop and send it to all the paranormal sites and claim that it's a genuine UFO sighting. lol

But if you're caught and exposed, your name and face may be exposed in the newspaper and somewhat damage your reputation. So it'd be at your own risk. lol

Anyway, so your position is that anything paranormal must be a hoax, misperception or delusion, right? Isn't that kind of a closed minded fundamentalist belief?
Generally speaking if you believe in the paranormal the onus is on you to provide enough supporting evidence to back up your belief in the realm of the public eye. If you can actually prove these things then you should be collecting million dollar grants right now and stepping up to the platform for the nobel prize.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Anyway, so your position is that anything paranormal must be a hoax, misperception or delusion, right? Isn't that kind of a closed minded fundamentalist belief?
Pierre-Simon Marquis de Laplace, author of Mécanique Céleste (Celestial Mechanics) went to visit Napoleon to give him a copy of his book. Napoleon looked at him up and down and asked, "Mr. Laplace! They tell me you wrote this large book on the system of the universe, and have never even mentioned its Creator (God).

Laplace stared at Napoleon in the eye and replied "Je n'avais pas besoin de cette hypothèse-là". (I have no need of that hypothesis)

Napoleon, greatly amused by his answer, exclaimed "Ah! c'est une belle hypothèse; ça explique beaucoup de choses" (Ah, it is a fine hypothesis; it explains many things.)

FuzzX wrote:@games: Fallout 3 was excellent BUT theres NO REASON that anyone had to die in the end... why the super mutant couldn't have gone to take the rads is beyond me.
I also recommend reading the Fallout wiki. There's a lot of fun things that you could do in the game. Since I play on the highest difficulty rating, I have to be very careful with NPC's getting killed by mobs. So I reverse pick pocket the traveling merchants and load them up in Enclave power armor and better weapons. In addition to Dogmeat and 1 follower, you can also acquire 3 followers destined for Big Town and another for Rivet City and have them follow you around. The 3 followers from Big Town can be equipped in power armor and assorted small arms. If you're bored, you can dress them in sexy underwear, equip them with shotguns and parade through town for the heck of it, then go mez raiders to enslave them for cash.

Repatriate wrote:Generally speaking if you believe in the paranormal the onus is on you to provide enough supporting evidence to back up your belief in the realm of the public eye. If you can actually prove these things then you should be collecting million dollar grants right now and stepping up to the platform for the nobel prize.
The weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness.
Modern usage: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".