Approaching Taiwan girls - Response to Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:Yes I did swincor. Here was me when I was 23:

I told you I look better in person and skinnier too.

LOOKED "better." Past tense, Winston. Now is a different story. Your headshots were taken what? 15 years ago?

And I haven't met you, either, so who knows what you like in person?

Yeah, you were skinnier, and you didn't have that lame-ass haircut or whatever it is that you sport nowadays. You could try to emulate looking more like your younger years.

Why do you have trouble admitting that TW are closed and not approachable? The Lonely Planet members admitted it. And TW people admit it. So why is it so f***ing hard for people like you to admit the obvious?

The truth is the truth.

Well, I never got into this debate myself, although I must say I've met quite a few Asian girls (in Asia) who were quite friendly and open, so they weren't these cold, stone-like creatures you complain about. This summer in fact, when I was visiting Beijing, I met a cute Chinese girl (20 years old) with a nice rack, whom I eventually took back to my hotel room. No, she was not a hooker.

Also, back in 2001 I was corresponding with a girl named Trista who was a model. When I sent her my pics, she said this: (I saved the conversation since it made my day)
Angelgirl121786: I find you very attractive!
WWu777: no way!
WWu777: you're kidding me!
Angelgirl121786: no
Later in one of her emails to me, she wrote regarding my looks: (pasting from my email archives)
I do like your contact sheets. It's so weird to think that you look like that after picturing my own image of you. It's all good though because you ended turning out to be a really cute guy. You should have trusted me to see your pictures a long time ago. I have a lot of school work to do so I'll talk to you later and umm.... good luck with those girls... heheheh just teasing you don't need luck you got the looks and personality that every girl wants.
This girl was a jeans model too! I have autographed pics from her that she sent me by mail. She was gorgeous, near perfect looking.

What model has said such words to you swincor?

Here is Trista's picture on Facebook. Look how hot she is. For her to tell say that I'm really cute, TRUMPS your opinion anyday swincor!

Big deal. She was just being nice to you. What did you expect her to say, that you look like a taxi driver?

Boy, you are unbelievably gullilble and naive, Winston. No wonder you got taken to the cleaners in Russia. And the Philippines.

Newsflash, Winston: people generally aren't going to say the honest truth straight to your face, especially if they're asked to comment on your physical looks. It's amazing that you would latch on so desperately to the word of some model who happens to be polite enough to flatter you with empty compliments. She must have said the same thing to dozens of other horndogs who've asked her the same question about their looks.

And anyway, who cares what you looked like back then? What does your looks back then have to do with the fact that you look like a taxi driver now?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

You just need to take better care of yourself. Exercise more, grow your hair out and get a better hair cut. Visit a Kiehls store in TW and speak to a consultant:
http://www.kiehls.com.tw/about/index.do?page=stores

My favorite product from them is the "eye alert" cream. >_> Too much video games at night.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Winston, i'm not trying to be offensive but the guy's do have a point.
You aren't the most attractive guy out there. It helps if your absolutely honest with yourself and how you look. Even if you don't want to face it, you should still be honest about what you can do to make yourself more attractive and improve yourself.

One thing about Chinese/Taiwanese/Japanese/SKorean chicks, they have an aversion to men that are: 1) overweight and 2) bald or balding

In my opinion, there is alot you can do to make yourself more attractive.
It involves using your willpower to force yourself to do things you don't feel
like doing....working out and eating healthier for starters.

It's bloody f'ing hard. I'm having a really hard time myself trying to get back in shape. But then, i think my schedule and lifestyle is probably alot more hectic than yours right now. I have family, work, and taking 2 master's courses (2 years of nagging by the wife to go back to school...sigh)

In Taiwan, the IN thing right now seems to be skinny or skinny + muscular
pretty boys. If you want a semi objective opinion from a bunch of
asians who don't know you, try
http://www.ratethisasian.com/index.php

upload your picture and see how u rate. It's mostly asians that use this site..or at least that's what i'm told.

These are the highest rated Taiwanese guys if your curious.

http://www.ratethisasian.com/othertop.p ... nese&c=men
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

keius wrote: These are the highest rated Taiwanese guys if your curious.

http://www.ratethisasian.com/othertop.p ... nese&c=men
That's a so so benchmark. Winston is quite a bit older than those guys. He'd probably do rather well dressing in a more classy style with nice business casual wear and or currently in fashion suits. He definitely needs a new haircut though and I think everyone is on the same page with this one.

There's nothing wrong with jeans and a t-shirt but for god's sakes work out or something. I can see your pot belly from your recent photos and whatever you say about being fit you definitely aren't.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OK, I'm in Internet cafe now visiting Isan. Yesterday, I looked around Khon Kaen and now I'm in a smallish town called Nong Bua Daeng. I just showed your photos to 2 cute sisters (one 22 and one 25). They are used to foreigners and one has a 30 somethng Scotish bf and the other a 30 something French bf. Here is what thay said:

1. You look Thai.

2. You look pumpui but maybe its right for you. You could lose some weight but not too much. Don't try to get too skinny cus it might not fit you like it did when you were young.

3. They said you looked good but not their style. They don't like Thai man.

BTW, I was surprised that many people I saw in Khon Kaen have fairly light skin. I asked about this and people told me that darker skinned areas are nearer to Cambodia (Buriram and Korat) but that Udon Thani and other cities closer to Laos had more lighter skinned people and even some people with Chinese blood.

In spite of what the girls said, I'm sure you would look a lot better to most people if you dropped about 10 kg and toned up with resistance training. Perhaps you should visit Chiang Mai and join a kickboxing camp for a month. Its extremely cheap once you get there and you would definitely leave a better looking and much healthier man.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

OK, now I'm a bit shocked. I just showed those Taiwan studs to the sisters in this cafe. The young one did not like any of the top 5 and the older one just liked the first one (No. 1).

The younger one said she preferred Winston to those guys and the older one said No. 1 was better than Winston for her. But she thought the others looked gay.

So Winston, who knows. Maybe you would be popular with some Isan girls, esp. if you lost a bit of weight and got into better shape. You don't have to go to Isan to find them. Many gravitate to Bangkok and Thailand's tourist areas for work and not all are prostitutes.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote:OK, now I'm a bit shocked. I just showed those Taiwan studs to the sisters in this cafe. The young one did not like any of the top 5 and the older one just liked the first one (No. 1).

The younger one said she preferred Winston to those guys and the older one said No. 1 was better than Winston for her. But she thought the others looked gay.

So Winston, who knows. Maybe you would be popular with some Isan girls, esp. if you lost a bit of weight and got into better shape. You don't have to go to Isan to find them. Many gravitate to Bangkok and Thailand's tourist areas for work and not all are prostitutes.
Heh, I wouldn't use a Thai woman's opinion as a gauge since preferences in Thailand are as whimsical and capricious as someone with major attention deficit disorder.

I bet the particular women you asked are more into western men in general as well and hang out with mostly westerners. Quite a few Isaan girls up country have learned from their sisters that it's a road to easy street and are really into the western scene whether it be night clubs or online dating.

I'd say Winston would do much better if you brushed up on his social etiquette a bit and went straight for Thai-Chinese girls and the like.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

I get the impression some of these southeast Asian girls gravitates towards guys with 'sugardaddyish' looks or potential....
Never been to those areas myself so i can't speak from personal experience but based on what everyone's been saying, maybe the guys who look like player's don't have an advantage with some of these girls?

Maybe there's a reason Winston's done so well in that area and not so well in Taiwan :P
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

keius wrote:I get the impression some of these southeast Asian girls gravitates towards guys with 'sugardaddyish' looks or potential....
Never been to those areas myself so i can't speak from personal experience but based on what everyone's been saying, maybe the guys who look like player's don't have an advantage with some of these girls?

Maybe there's a reason Winston's done so well in that area and not so well in Taiwan :P
It totally depends on the girl. The most basic preference is a stable middle class clean cut guy. However things like race, religion etc.. can be flexible depending on the girl. I will say that the "industry" has corrupted a good number of up country Thai women though. If a girl speaks english too well she's pretty suspect. They're all "nice" culturally but when it gets down to narrowing it down to good women it can be a minefield. The scenario where western guys get taken to the cleaners is very real here as well. I think a lot of guys come to Thailand and have a few girls fawning over them and then suddenly buy into all these myths about Thailand and then get screwed over.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Can someone familiar with Thailand (NE region) comment on the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isan#Culture

Marriage and courtship in Isan still mainly follows strict tradition, especially in rural areas, and most young women are married by the time they are 20 years old. Many girls, in spite of the legal requirement, marry as young as fourteen to escape poverty, as usually marriage is associated with a dowry paid by the husband to the bride's family. A dowry will not normally be less than 40,000 Thai baht, and according to the status of the bride and/or her family, can often greatly exceed 300,000 baht. Isan women rarely have boyfriends until they meet the man whom they will eventually marry, and tradition requires that the betrothal is then announced. Younger fiancées will be chaperoned, usually by a female friend, brother or sister while in the company of their future husband. The wedding ceremony usually takes place in the bride's home and is normally officiated by one or several monks or a respected village elder who has been a monk. Young couples are increasingly registering their marriages at the city hall, which they can do if they are over 17. The extended family system is still very much the traditional social structure in Isan, with newly wed couples often living with in-laws or building a home on the family compound or farmland. It is not unusual however, for many women to remain single until much later. Tradition demands that the youngest or only daughter continues to live at home to take care of her parents. They are then only free to marry when both parents are deceased. There is also the tradition that a woman should 'marry up' in status. If the woman is tied to an occupation in a rural area as a farm or business owner, teacher, or similar profession, finding a suitable husband and one who is prepared to relocate is often not easy.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Btw Rock,

PS - Here is something ironic. On the busy forum at WorldSexGuide.com, the Philippines board is very active and there are many posts everyday. Yet the Taiwan board there hasn't been posted to in two years, except by me.
If you go by that forum, the Malaysia board has 2X to 3X more posts that any country. IS there something we all are missing?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

momopi wrote:Can someone familiar with Thailand (NE region) comment on the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isan#Culture

Marriage and courtship in Isan still mainly follows strict tradition, especially in rural areas, and most young women are married by the time they are 20 years old. Many girls, in spite of the legal requirement, marry as young as fourteen to escape poverty, as usually marriage is associated with a dowry paid by the husband to the bride's family. A dowry will not normally be less than 40,000 Thai baht, and according to the status of the bride and/or her family, can often greatly exceed 300,000 baht. Isan women rarely have boyfriends until they meet the man whom they will eventually marry, and tradition requires that the betrothal is then announced. Younger fiancées will be chaperoned, usually by a female friend, brother or sister while in the company of their future husband. The wedding ceremony usually takes place in the bride's home and is normally officiated by one or several monks or a respected village elder who has been a monk. Young couples are increasingly registering their marriages at the city hall, which they can do if they are over 17. The extended family system is still very much the traditional social structure in Isan, with newly wed couples often living with in-laws or building a home on the family compound or farmland. It is not unusual however, for many women to remain single until much later. Tradition demands that the youngest or only daughter continues to live at home to take care of her parents. They are then only free to marry when both parents are deceased. There is also the tradition that a woman should 'marry up' in status. If the woman is tied to an occupation in a rural area as a farm or business owner, teacher, or similar profession, finding a suitable husband and one who is prepared to relocate is often not easy.
Yes i'd say that's pretty accurate. However girls usually have boyfriends in secret from their parents. There are plenty of good ones but the issues up country are complex. The dowry also exists and is still widely practiced. Isaan (or Isarn if you prefer) is the poorest area in Thailand and where most of the prostitutes in Thailand come from. The opportunities up country are very very low and the government constantly deprives these people of infrastructure and social development. This is why they admire guys like Thaksin so much because he gave them loans and health care when the rest of the government couldn't care less. There's also a very high rate of alcoholism in that region. You have a lot of thai males who just drink themselves to death.

In most cases the women who became prostitutes did so out of shame because they either 1) Got pregnant out of marriage and kicked to the curb by their thai boyfriend/husband or 2) were recruited into it by friends/family members
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Terrence wrote:
Winston wrote:Btw Rock,

PS - Here is something ironic. On the busy forum at WorldSexGuide.com, the Philippines board is very active and there are many posts everyday. Yet the Taiwan board there hasn't been posted to in two years, except by me.
If you go by that forum, the Malaysia board has 2X to 3X more posts that any country. IS there something we all are missing?
You can compare the total # of postings by country here:
http://internationalsexguide.info/forum ... .php?f=229

But these sites cater to a small % of foreign men. For example, if you want to read about Singapore, you'd go to Sammyboy's forum:
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/

There's probably >5 million posts on SG-MY sex scene on that forum. WorldSexGuide.com is a small obsolete antique in comparison.

There are also sites catered to the adult playground scene in TW, but they're in Chinese language only. To get into the upscale KTV places, you'd need an introduction by a "manager". Be warned that what the girls look like in the dark is not necessarily reflective of what they look like in daylight. When in Taipei, hang out around convenience stores (7-11, starbucks, whatever) in early morning around Lin Sen East Rd, and you might spot some KTV girls coming out to get coffee after a long night of stripping off their uniforms.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Rock wrote:OK, now I'm a bit shocked. I just showed those Taiwan studs to the sisters in this cafe. The young one did not like any of the top 5 and the older one just liked the first one (No. 1).

Heh, I wouldn't use a Thai woman's opinion as a gauge since preferences in Thailand are as whimsical and capricious as someone with major attention deficit disorder.

I bet the particular women you asked are more into western men in general as well and hang out with mostly westerners. Quite a few Isaan girls up country have learned from their sisters that it's a road to easy street and are really into the western scene whether it be night clubs or online dating.

I'd say Winston would do much better if you brushed up on his social etiquette a bit and went straight for Thai-Chinese girls and the like.
1. Good point about fickle tastes. My friend who works at Amari Blvd. told me that this year, about 50% of her friends are into western and 50% into Asian. But she said next year, her prediction is for 80% Asian, 20% western. Her 'leading indicator' is who the pop stars are dating and who is currently most popular in Thai pop world. She said what they do this year become popular with young people 6-18 months down the line.

2. I'm not sure I agree with your last point. I mean, even if Winston became his best possible self, are Thai Chinese that easy to instantly attract, especially given his lack of career motivation and financial resources? At best, I'm guessing they would date him a couple times and probably move on. Sure, there might be some exceptions once in awhile - a girl who is just strongly attracted to him and would get physical quickly. But I doubt it would happen frequently. If you read between the lines of so many of Winston's posts, he focuses on the upfront smiles and body language. Girls from Isan can just fall into a guy's lap. Sure, there are complex reasons for this. But that didn't seem to bother him too much in Russia so why should it here. If anything, I think he would get better overall treatment from them than he did from the Russians.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I suggest Winston adopt a gangster rapper persona and go straight to Japan!

Seriously, why is anyone suggesting Winston do anything? What I read from his writings is that he shouldn't have to, and the Philippines he doesn't have to. Granted, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with losing some weight, but he should do it for himself and his health, if that's what he wants, and not for some girl. But then, I'm not one to talk since when I was in Korea training 4 hours a day in the gym, with a champion trainer, that was because of a girl. heheh
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan