Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Approaching Taiwan girls - Response to Winston

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 am

Well yeah I was talking about pay for play or freelancers or poor girls. I wasn't saying you could get middle class girls to sleep with you the same day.

There's nothing wrong with a poor girl as long as she's nice and attractive.

But there's nothing wrong with that. Many P4P girls are GFE's, if you have a nice personality.

I can usually get them into bed by simply flirting and flirting and complimenting them, saying sweet things and flattering them. For me, that works very well. And it's very easy.

Now let's stop talking claims here. Instead, let's take a real practical situation here and find the solution.

When you see a hot TW girl walk by on the street in Taipei, how can you meet her? If you say "Excuse me" or "Excuse me Shau Jie" or "Hi how are you" usually she will just ignore you and pass by. So what can you do about it, besides just watching her walk by and never see her again?

Even if she does stop, as soon as she knows you are hitting on her, she will wave her hand and walk on by. She might give you directions and then continue on, but even then you will not get a date out of it.

So what can you do about it? Remember this is REALITY, not theory. It's what it all comes down to. No PUA manual or techniques will make a difference if you can't do anything about the above simple typical scenario in Taiwan.

You say I've closed my mind. Well it will open IF you can give a RELIABLE WORKING SOLUTION to this simple scenario above of seeing a hot girl walk your way and what you can do about it. Simply saying "Me and others do well here and approach girls and meet them easily" does not solve this scenario. We need a REAL working EXACT solution that will work a large percentage of the time.

In friendly open countries with good social energy, I can easily give such a solution to this scenario. No problem. Can you here?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Sun May 30, 2010 10:47 am

Winston wrote:Well yeah I was talking about pay for play or freelancers or poor girls. I wasn't saying you could get middle class girls to sleep with you the same day.

There's nothing wrong with a poor girl as long as she's nice and attractive.

But there's nothing wrong with that. Many P4P girls are GFE's, if you have a nice personality.

I can usually get them into bed by simply flirting and flirting and complimenting them, saying sweet things and flattering them. For me, that works very well. And it's very easy.

Now let's stop talking claims here. Instead, let's take a real practical situation here and find the solution.

When you see a hot TW girl walk by on the street in Taipei, how can you meet her? If you say "Excuse me" or "Excuse me Shau Jie" or "Hi how are you" usually she will just ignore you and pass by. So what can you do about it, besides just watching her walk by and never see her again?

Even if she does stop, as soon as she knows you are hitting on her, she will wave her hand and walk on by. She might give you directions and then continue on, but even then you will not get a date out of it.

So what can you do about it? Remember this is REALITY, not theory. It's what it all comes down to. No PUA manual or techniques will make a difference if you can't do anything about the above simple typical scenario in Taiwan.

You say I've closed my mind. Well it will open IF you can give a RELIABLE WORKING SOLUTION to this simple scenario above of seeing a hot girl walk your way and what you can do about it. Simply saying "Me and others do well here and approach girls and meet them easily" does not solve this scenario. We need a REAL working EXACT solution that will work a large percentage of the time.

In friendly open countries with good social energy, I can easily give such a solution to this scenario. No problem. Can you here?

This is just a discussion forum. All we can do here is talk, or rather write. I can relate my past experiences and you can do the same. But who knows whether or not we are BS-ing or exaggerating? We can only take what others say on faith. If you want to meet and approach girls together sometime, I’m open to that. But keep in mind, I am 4 years out of the game and both of us pretty old for this now. These factors will make it more challenging. But I think its still doable or at least tryable.

The ‘reality’ you are referring to is just a supposed rough scenario. I already gave you 14 actual scenarios – 7 successful and 7 failures – from my own experience. I also remember emailing you another successful scenario of mine involving a flight to Tokyo. Its up to you as to whether or not you believe my accounts.

If you want a no-fail formula to get non-paid intimacy from most of your approaches, I can tell you it does NOT EXIST. I never said it did. I've said several times, this is not about simple one dimensional formulaic solutions. Its a skill you build slowly over time. If you want reasonable success, rejection and trial and error work is just a necessary part of the game and the so-called 'reliable working solution' for some. And if you are too far on the wrong side of average looks or age, your failure rate may be unacceptably high.

BTW, please keep in mind, many guys who have fully bought into the P4P solution in Thailand to satisfy their emotional needs have been burned just as badly as divorce victims from the States. I hope the Philippines is more benevolent in this regard.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 pm

If you're worried about age, we can approach 25 to 35 age range. I think likability is more important.

I know a woman in Chiayi who is 1 or 2 years older than me. Yet she doesn't answer my texts or emails. Age is not the reason. She's just stuck up and doesn't think I'm worth her time. Or has flaked out. Or is turned off by me.

I don't want a no fail formula. I just want a way to stop a girl on the street or approach her in a park or mall cafeteria that will work at least 25 percent of the time in terms of getting her to reciprocate and talk back.

I don't think that's a lot to ask, is it?

Yeah in the Phils some guys always get burned. They become cynical and have negative views of all Filipinas. I can show you some of those types in Angeles. But those types have shitty personalities and cannot bond with women. It's obvious. They admit it too. They even say that women are only good for sex, nothing else. Guys like that will only attract users and not good girls. That's obvious.

But you are a caring down to earth guy. That should not apply to you and those like you.

Such guys who only attract users who treat them bad, tell me that they do not believe that I can get nice girls to like me, cause it doesn't happen to them. Yet I'm not an a-hole, and they are, so it shouldn't be no surprise. But some of these guys will argue with me and tell me that if they don't meet nice girls who treat them good or give them GFE, then I must not be able to either.

Yeah we can meet in Taipei, your area, since it's harder for you to walk in medical boots.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Game isn't something that can be easily taught in a "system". Some people are simply more popular and successful with women than others.

Years ago, I'd hit the night markets in Taipei with my buddy, and I wouldn't get very far trying to chat up girls. But my buddy was having a ball flirting with the girls and exchanged many ICQ #'s and got us a couple girls for the night. We all went to the shrimp fishing ponds and one of the girl's brother came along as chaperon. Unfortunately we had to go to Japan shortly after.

o.O Man this brings back memories. I don't know anyone who still use ICQ these days, and I think shrimp fishing ponds are not as popular anymore. Back then e-commerce was just taking off in Japan and a lot of Japanese girls went ga ga on Yahoo Auctions (Japan). You could go to LA garment district and wholesale women's tops for $10-$15, put it on Yahoo auctions and sell it to girls in Japan for $30-$45 (plus S/H).

Even today, I heard those crazy Japanese consumers are still buying vintage American clothing.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Earlier today, we visited relatives in Peikang. When I bought a slice of moon cake, my mom yelled at me for not cutting it into proper pieces first before eating it. I told the lady selling it that Taiwanese are so anal about little things that don't matter. She replied that that's how Taiwanese parents are, they are caring and watch over you, and that we are different than in America. Then I asked her in Taiwanese why everyone has a scary stone cold face around here and all over this street everywhere I go. They never smile or say "hi how are you" to me. It's very strange to me. People are as cold as rocks I said. She replied "That's how we Taiwanese are. We don't greet strangers like in America and foreign countries."

Well, at least she didn't say, "What are you talking about?! Everyone is open and friendly here. Everyone I know agrees. Only you say that." like hippies and the Travel Channel's Janet Hsieh would. Thank God.
http://taiwaneseamerican.org/ta/2010/03 ... un-taiwan/

To those who argue that Taiwan is "open and friendly", here is an interesting logic puzzle for you. Statistics show that America has the highest rates of mental illness, loneliness and isolation in the industrialized world. Many on this forum attest to this. Yet, Taiwanese commonly see America as being more "open, expressive, outgoing and friendly" than their country is. And they describe American friendships as "easy come, easy go". Now, if America is the loneliest, or one of the loneliest, countries in the world, and Taiwanese consider themselves LESS friendly and open than Americans, then where does that rank Taiwan? Below the "loneliest country in the world" into the negative or minus range???

Ponder that one.

Winston
Site Admin

Taiwanese girl admits I'm right! I'M NOT INSANE AFTER ALL!

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Hey check this out. A Taiwanese girl in my city on CouchSurfing.com told me that Chiayi people are "very friendly". When I explained to her why I didn't agree, she thought about it and then realized that I WAS RIGHT! So you see, I'm not insane after all!

Check out what she had to say. It's quite revealing.

"hi,winston,
what a long letter! haha
actually, i admit i feel a little offended when i read ur mail first time...(sorry)
but then, i thought u r right. :D
if we compare taiwan with other countries, i know, our people r colder and more shy. it is truth. i think it is because of our culture and traditon. we r not so welcome to strangers, just most people want to protect themselves first.
i totally agree u that people affect each other. so when your surrounding is a close space(people just chat or talk with their friends),u will be a member of them, no doubt.

but i still notice sth different between our sentences,
i think why u feel so disappointed about taiwanese,maybe one reason is just cuz of u r a male. people r usually more freindly to female than to male. :)
another reason is maybe u go to wrong place, for example,if on the road,maybe most people don't want to talk to u because they r busy or they are teached don't talk to strangers. but if u go to social places, like pubs,concerts,night markets,restaueants,shopping streets, etc. u might find sth a little different.
and i said that people in chiayi r kind and friendly,
i mean people who live in southern part of taiwan r more friendly than northern part of taiwan. :D (every taiwanese knows this.)
ofcourse we can't compare with USA,europe and other western countries i know... but heyhey i am very sure that we r better than china! :D
so how is ur trip in taiwan? maybe u can try other couchsurfers!
enjoy!

Amber"

Now what's interesting here is that she says that it's commonly known that Chiayi and southern Taiwan is friendlier than Taipei. Yet Rock and other expats claim that Taipei is friendlier and more open while the southern areas of Taiwan are more closed and conservative. Fascinating difference. My parents also told me that southern Taiwan was friendlier than northern Taiwan.

Anyhow, I'm glad to know that I'm not insane after all.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi all,
I just wanted to say that Rock visited me and my family in Chiayi recently, and I learned some interesting things.

First, he definitely does get treated here differently than I do, as a white person. People look at him like he is a curious thing to look at, and even kids come up to say hi to him (which would NEVER happen with me). So, your race here does make a big difference in how much attention you get.

The energy association between him and the environment was different too. It was somewhat "less cold" you could say.

Therefore, I can see now how he would have a lot easier time approaching girls here in Taiwan, than I would. It seems who you are has a lot to do with it. But I didn't imagine that the difference would be that big. I thought people were just people.

Moreover, Rock is tall, thin, youthful looking, and has slanty eyes which give him a Eurasian look, or Slavic look rather, which might make him look more Asian than other whites.

Also, he has the look and feel of someone of an intelligentsia class, aristocrat, or business class type. It's hard to explain, but he carries that type of persona. And that probably helps too.

Those are my observations.

Anyway, this reminds me of my Filipino American friend who used to live in Angeles. He was tall and decent looking, looked like a middle class guy even. Yet he told me several times that he CANNOT randomly chat up a Filipina in the jeepney the way I do, cause in the Philippines a local guy who does that is seen as inappropriate, and a girl who talks to a local male stranger is seen as a whore by others around her, and she would feel ashamed. But a foreigner can get away with it just cause he is a foreigner.

I had trouble believing that and could not imagine how girls in jeepneys would not be approachable or willing to be chat up by a local male stranger. They seemed so easy to chat up, get numbers and dates from. All I had to do is say "Excuse me, you're very maganda" and they would blush/giggle and then ask me where I was from and how long I've been there, etc. and give me their number. I got lots of dates that way in the Philippines.

Ladislav, did you know about this, that local guys in the PH cannot chat up girls in public the way we can, and are treated differently?

Now, in Russia I was a novelty too, and cause of that I got attention and met lots of girls that way. But the difference is that Russian girls are not usually sexually attracted to Asian guys, while in Taiwan, some Taiwanese girls are sexually attracted to white guys.

Anyhow, the moral and bottom line here is that I can't expect to be treated like Rock, since I look way different and am in a different "market segment" altogether.

That's the lesson for the day.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Winston wrote:Hi all,
I just wanted to say that Rock visited me and my family in Chiayi recently, and I learned some interesting things.

First, he definitely does get treated here differently than I do, as a white person. People look at him like he is a curious thing to look at, and even kids come up to say hi to him (which would NEVER happen with me). So, your race here does make a big difference in how much attention you get.

The energy association between him and the environment was different too. It was somewhat "less cold" you could say.

Therefore, I can see now how he would have a lot easier time approaching girls here in Taiwan, than I would. It seems who you are has a lot to do with it. But I didn't imagine that the difference would be that big. I thought people were just people.

Moreover, Rock is tall, thin, youthful looking, and has slanty eyes which give him a Eurasian look, or Slavic look rather, which might make him look more Asian than other whites.

Also, he has the look and feel of someone of an intelligentsia class, aristocrat, or business class type. It's hard to explain, but he carries that type of persona. And that probably helps too.

Those are my observations.

Anyway, this reminds me of my Filipino American friend who used to live in Angeles. He was tall and decent looking, looked like a middle class guy even. Yet he told me several times that he CANNOT randomly chat up a Filipina in the jeepney the way I do, cause in the Philippines a local guy who does that is seen as inappropriate, and a girl who talks to a local male stranger is seen as a whore by others around her, and she would feel ashamed. But a foreigner can get away with it just cause he is a foreigner.

I had trouble believing that and could not imagine how girls in jeepneys would not be approachable or willing to be chat up by a local male stranger. They seemed so easy to chat up, get numbers and dates from. All I had to do is say "Excuse me, you're very maganda" and they would blush/giggle and then ask me where I was from and how long I've been there, etc. and give me their number. I got lots of dates that way in the Philippines.

Ladislav, did you know about this, that local guys in the PH cannot chat up girls in public the way we can, and are treated differently?

Now, in Russia I was a novelty too, and cause of that I got attention and met lots of girls that way. But the difference is that Russian girls are not usually sexually attracted to Asian guys, while in Taiwan, some Taiwanese girls are sexually attracted to white guys.

Anyhow, the moral and bottom line here is that I can't expect to be treated like Rock, since I look way different and am in a different "market segment" altogether.

That's the lesson for the day.

Thanks for that re-cap and your kind words. I had a great time and really enjoyed talking to your dad who very easygoing and conversant in about any topic. Your mom was a lot more quiet but also very kind. I sure hope my bizarre eating habits didn't put them off too much. And I appreciated their southern Taiwan style hospitality which entailed getting treated to every meal, like it or not, being driven around, and being entertained at home.

I also happy to watch both Zeitgeist DVDs with you and your parents even though some parts were very disturbing.
The human brain needs time to absorb ugly possibilities like those. That stuff was quiet intense.

Also, I agree that every person can find countries more suited to their own individual style and race. For example, sanuk (fun) loving Thai Chinese gals (usually the most attractive and desirable) might gladly date you but totally shun white farang. We've got a serious stigma there as 'bird-shit backpackers' or 'dirty whore-mongers'. I'm speculating that an ABC or Taiwan Chinese guy would also be much more desirable than a white guy to Filipina Chinese, Vietnamese, Malaysian Chinese, or Indonesian Chinese. And during my travels in China, I came across a fair percentage of gals who restricted their dating pool to guys with Chinese blood. Of those, many would see an ABC/Taiwan Chinese/HK Chinese as a much better catch than a local Chinese guy unless the local was a big shot rich guy.

Winston, its great that you keep your mind open and continue to process new information as it comes in.
Truth seems to be a journey, not a destination. If I think back to what my perception of reality was 5 years ago, it seems quaint but naive to me today.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:56 pm

Look what someone told me on Craigslist. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way or sees the obvious!

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/rnr/1842122153.html

"I feel your pain too dude! What you say is largely true...they are socially conservative, painfully shy and just not aware of the wider world out there. There are other ways and means around the problem. You must tune into the nuances of the culture, but at the end of the day they will never be as wonderfully open and easy going as the Filipinas.

You must approach things indirectly. Pretend it's about something else, language difficulty, asking for directions, help with things...open and direct simply does not work here. It will change slowly over the next 50 years....but in the mean time try some wonderful Filippina girls - there are hundreds and thousands of them here.

Good luck."

Another guy said the scene used to be better here:

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/rnr/1842050216.html

"To the OP:

I feel your pain. The first time I arrived in Taiwan I thought I was in heaven. And I think the girls back then were much more agog over the idea of foreigners. But this was in the early 00's.

Now there are so many of us (well at least in Taipei) that we just aren't that special anymore. And it's Taiwan - things are done differently here. You're either ethnically Chinese or you're not - like it or not we will always be outsiders. I say if you need to be with beautiful women, go to a whorehouse (of which there are plenty of hot girls) or try to find foreign women.

It might help if you speak a little bit of Chinese. I studied enough to get by, but now that I'm married to a TW woman, it's not like I'm going to use that to chat up girls.

If you're not tied down here, get out - are you blonde-haired and blue-eyed? Why not try the mainland? You might end up doing better there. "

And this ABC guy from Craigslist admitted that cold approaches are not normal or doable here, generally speaking:

"Hi again guy,

Well you can check out Forumosa.com. They have dating/relationship link that people usually post on to chat on stuff like this and the problems that your presenting seem to be pretty common among those guys as well so maybe read up on some extra advice/experiences there.

As far as my opinion/advice goes for your questioins:

1. You can't really chat up girls in Taiwan. You need some type of common activity together like work, school or yes...common friends. Maybe try doing some extra curricular activities like painting, drawing or teaching english to find a connection that way. (Yep, lame)

2. Umm...I'm not too sure about my own tolerance because I'm pretty easy going and also I'm here for specific purposes so I usually concentrate on those things and hope meeting new folks will come along the way.

3. Like mentioned earlier, they do blog about this issue pretty often at Forumosa.com so check it out. They might give you better insight/techniques as opposed to my lame stuff. :)

Anyhow, nice talkin' with ya and good luck, bud!!

-George"

Winston
Site Admin

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 am

Winston wrote:And this ABC guy from Craigslist admitted that cold approaches are not normal or doable here, generally speaking:

In what context are you using the word "admit" ? I'm reading the word "admitted" as "confess to be true or to be the case with reluctance", which is not how he said it. A statement of opinion is not the same as an admission.

Craiglist is for bottom feeders. You might want to try this forum instead:
http://www.taiwanho.com/talk/index.php

Best forums for sex/relationship discussions in TW/HK/China are in Chinese-language only. If you can learn to read Chinese, there's a huge world on the intenret that will be open to you.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 am

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:And this ABC guy from Craigslist admitted that cold approaches are not normal or doable here, generally speaking:

In what context are you using the word "admit" ? I'm reading the word "admitted" as "confess to be true or to be the case with reluctance", which is not how he said it. A statement of opinion is not the same as an admission.

Craiglist is for bottom feeders. You might want to try this forum instead:
http://www.taiwanho.com/talk/index.php

Best forums for sex/relationship discussions in TW/HK/China are in Chinese-language only. If you can learn to read Chinese, there's a huge world on the intenret that will be open to you.

I'll try asking in that forum too.

But just because they are bottom feeders does not mean they are not credible. Often, the bottom feeders are more honest than people who are "cool" and have to maintain a certain image to fit in. Those are the fake crowd who have to pretend that everything is great.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 am

Winston wrote:Look what someone told me on Craigslist. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way or sees the obvious!

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/rnr/1842122153.html

"I feel your pain too dude! What you say is largely true...they are socially conservative, painfully shy and just not aware of the wider world out there. There are other ways and means around the problem. You must tune into the nuances of the culture, but at the end of the day they will never be as wonderfully open and easy going as the Filipinas.

You must approach things indirectly. Pretend it's about something else, language difficulty, asking for directions, help with things...open and direct simply does not work here. It will change slowly over the next 50 years....but in the mean time try some wonderful Filippina girls - there are hundreds and thousands of them here.

Good luck."

Another guy said the scene used to be better here:

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/rnr/1842050216.html

"To the OP:

I feel your pain. The first time I arrived in Taiwan I thought I was in heaven. And I think the girls back then were much more agog over the idea of foreigners. But this was in the early 00's.

Now there are so many of us (well at least in Taipei) that we just aren't that special anymore. And it's Taiwan - things are done differently here. You're either ethnically Chinese or you're not - like it or not we will always be outsiders. I say if you need to be with beautiful women, go to a whorehouse (of which there are plenty of hot girls) or try to find foreign women.

It might help if you speak a little bit of Chinese. I studied enough to get by, but now that I'm married to a TW woman, it's not like I'm going to use that to chat up girls.

If you're not tied down here, get out - are you blonde-haired and blue-eyed? Why not try the mainland? You might end up doing better there. "

And this ABC guy from Craigslist admitted that cold approaches are not normal or doable here, generally speaking:

"Hi again guy,

Well you can check out Forumosa.com. They have dating/relationship link that people usually post on to chat on stuff like this and the problems that your presenting seem to be pretty common among those guys as well so maybe read up on some extra advice/experiences there.

As far as my opinion/advice goes for your questioins:

1. You can't really chat up girls in Taiwan. You need some type of common activity together like work, school or yes...common friends. Maybe try doing some extra curricular activities like painting, drawing or teaching english to find a connection that way. (Yep, lame)

2. Umm...I'm not too sure about my own tolerance because I'm pretty easy going and also I'm here for specific purposes so I usually concentrate on those things and hope meeting new folks will come along the way.

3. Like mentioned earlier, they do blog about this issue pretty often at Forumosa.com so check it out. They might give you better insight/techniques as opposed to my lame stuff. :)

Anyhow, nice talkin' with ya and good luck, bud!!

-George"

1st guy is saying you have to learn new approach skills to break the code. He's not saying its not doable. Just not as EZ or direct as Phils. But here's the rub for someone like me. In the best areas of Taipei (101/Vieshow area, Chungxiao Sec. 4, even Hsimending) I find 1 out of 5 or so young gals I see to be very sexy and attractive or better. But in comparable areas I know of in Manila (all in Makati), that ratio plummets to 1 out of 50 or even much lower. They just tend to be so darn short and many look like they've had a very hard life which strongly detracts from their appeal and ages them beyond their years. So Taipei has a much larger pool of attractive targets for me, albeit probably more challenging too. The guy also suggests going for Filipina gals here. But I don't think the more attractive Filipinas bother to come here. They have better prospects elsewhere.

BTW, I remember reading that gals in Daveos are significantly taller on average than Cebu or Manila. Is that true?

2nd guy admits Taiwan was like heaven in early 2000s and that girls were agog over idea of foreigners. He speculates that too many westerners have come since then making us less special. That might be true. Remember, I've been out of game here since mid-2000s so I don't know for sure. Also, he married a Taiwan gal (success) and has stayed out of the game since then so he is not speaking from direct personal experience anymore. His argument about us (westerners) being outsiders is besides the point. Many of us here date lots of locals and end up marrying into Taiwanese families.

Case in point, my French tenant continues to pull strong. When I got back from States, I ran into one of his gals on her way out. He's been here less than 4 months, does not speak Mandarin or Taiwanese, yet has had well over 20 different female visitors to his room since he arrived. Funny thing is, when my girlfriend tells her sister and friends about this guy, they find it hard to believe. They ask, "is he really so hot?". She tells them he just looks OK, nothing special. And this guy's room is a total dirty and stinky mess. He reminds of those Khaosan Rd. backpackers in Bangkok. Maybe things haven't changed here that much after all.

3rd guy is ABC. Perhaps he is expected by locals to adhere to 'Chinese best practice' while the western outsider is given a pass. This is admittedly speculation but perhaps the most effective pulling strategies for ABCs in Taiwan are different than for westerners.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Winston wrote:But just because they are bottom feeders does not mean they are not credible. Often, the bottom feeders are more honest than people who are "cool" and have to maintain a certain image to fit in. Those are the fake crowd who have to pretend that everything is great.

CL bottom feeders: blokes too cheap to pay for real dating service trying to find NSA sex with hotties on CL, gets disappointed and decides to write a lengthy tirade. Sometimes it's good enough to make it to the "best of CL" section:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Those are all valid deductions Rock.

Yeah there are a higher percentage of hot girls in TW than in the PH. But there is a tenseness around them that doesn't feel good to deal with at all. I can still find many attractive girls in the PH easily, or are at least doable, or super cute.

Why don't you ask your French tenant how he meets girls, and if he is able to approach them in public places and nightmarkets? Ask him specifically what he does and says. Ask him if TW girls make eye contact with him usually. Ask him if he thinks the average guy can easily meet girls in Taiwan.

Or have him email me and give me the answers.

Today I walked into a shoe store, and the girl working there that looked like a model would not even greet me or ask if I needed any help. She just tried to ignore me. So much for customer service. If the French guy had been there, maybe she would have been more enthusiastic. Sucks.
Last edited by Winston on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Check this out Rock.

This "bottom feeder" (as Momopi calls them) on Craigslist, who is an ABC in Chiayi (same town as me) says that TW girls are very flirty and outgoing with him:

http://taipei.craigslist.com.tw/rnr/1852781380.html

How's it going people? American born chinese here (ABC) or should I say ABT? hahaha Made in Taiwan but assembled in San Francisco, America. Got the shit end of the stick. hahaha
Anyways, about this shit here...differences and simialrities....It's all good. Here's my two cents. Principles before personalities.

I like to think about driving etiquette more so. Too many dogs in the streets off leash here in Taiwan. It's not the people are bad drivers here in Taiwan, it's that there maybe too many dogs in the streets so that people are swerving. Ever notice drivers play follow the leader when one driver turns at an intersection? They don't tend to yield to on coming traffic. When one turns, usually another follows. That drives me insane. Or how about the bicyclists that ride side by side? I can talk shit about Taiwanese drivers all day! BUT, I play our game here and it becomes fun to drive. f**k, Americans brake check, Taiwanese don't.

Basically, the rules here is, if you can fit, go for it. In America, don't make other people use their brakes. Go figure.
For 100NT I get 150 kilometers on the scotter...f**k yeah.

Taiwanese ladies are very out going! They flirt & I am very fortunate to recognize their game. I LOVE TAIWAN.

How do you explain that?

I already wrote to him and gave him my number and asked him to show me how firsthand how outgoing these girls are with him. I doubt that he will take up my challenge and meet with me though. Most guys just claim to do well with women, but can't prove or show it.

Winston
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions