Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Daily Truth: What's up in the US social paradigm

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Daily Truth: What's up in the US social paradigm

Postby ajushi » Sun May 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I have edited this post as the nature of the content was not relvant to the theme of the forum.
Last edited by ajushi on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajushi
Freshman Poster

Re: Daily Truth: What's up in the US social paradigm

Postby Nate » Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 am

ajushi wrote:Why so much addiction, obesity, crime, and mental illness in the US?

There are many factors, but my belif is that the biggest factor of all is this:

Isolation, mistrust, over independence, extremely cliquish social tendencies, exclusionary social tendecies where rejection and frigid energy os commonplace, people living in a tiny social bubble, and people feeling unable a to be authentic and open about theiur needs of companionship, or their own inner struggles... These factors in the social dynamic and way of life int n the society causes tremendous internal conflict, lonliness, and angst in the individuals and hence, in the population. This results in alarmingly highj rates of mental illness, suicide, drug an acohol addiciton, emotional eating, and so on, especially for men who struggle in the isolation even worse than women, who by nature are somewhat more social and suportive with one antoher than men are. People who suffer with all of these things are of course also vastly more likely to fall into crimes, sometimes even taking extreme forms like mass murder. In most instances, I attribute the broken and loathsome American social paradigm to be largely responsible.

Well intended, decent men who actually care about how they treat others and actually just want good and wholesome things in life for themselves and others, suffer the most, persistently working at it and trying desperately to make something good happen in their own lives and perpetually feeling like thye are swimming up stream as they continue to be lacking in friendfships, friendless, significant other, and community despite their best intentions and best efforts. An when they struggle, they may often have no support.

Not to say that humanity outside of the US is free from all this loathsome crime and misery, or even lonliness and addiction.... far from it!!! I am just saying that this is whay it is much worse in the US. And yes I am grateful yet again to be where I am now, where a woamn just said to me last night "when someine says they are stuggling with some issue, depression, or life struggle, or whatever, YOU should listen to them and help them, not tell them thye need to go see a therapist. That is what friends are for here."

In the US, a person who has any sort of issue is ostractized and shuned and referred to a therapist. It is taboo to admit openly to a friend that you were lonley last nightj ior that you wish you jyst hjad someone to eat dinner with, and thi staboo takes an alreadty serious problem of isolation and lonlines and and turns it into a social crisis where peopleloathe themselve dna ssume they are sick or something siowrong with them becaus etey want someine to share dinner with or to be in a normal supportive friendhsip with.

She spoke exactly how I have thought of it and percievd it since I was a teenager. One of those conversations that brings it home that America is SOOOOOOOOOOOO sick.

What you touch on is a poverty of the soul that has ravaged American culture. When I was totally single before, I found that in a few minutes it was possible to get to the crux of things with many foreign girls in minutes...something that would take months or NEVER to get to with an American girl..a simple direct, look you in the eye honesty about life that was at first rather startling to a man from the USA..

Conversations might go like this:

Girl: "Are you married?"
Me: "No, I'm single.."
Girl: "No girlfriend now?"
Me: "No girlfriend now, I'm really single."
Girl: " Really? Aren't you lonely?"
Me: "Yes, sometimes I get loney..." (at this point I am thinking this girl is so sweet...but far more honest and direct than Western girls.)
Girl: "It's no good for the man to be alone. Don't you want a girl to love you, ge your wife...you can hold at night and she will work to
"make you happy and take care of you?"

Now the girl in question may or may not be suggesting that she is somehow the answer to all of this. The same conversation might be
had with a married women. It might sound simple or unsophisticated, but in few words she has gotten down to some of life's most
basic elements. In fact she may be rather perplexed in running up against some of the barrenness of American society. She might be
wondering what is wrong with this guy? Is he gay? What strange phenomena can explain why this seemingly good guy does not
have a desirable woman giving him her all?

Of course, over time, if you "go native" and begin to adopt some of her assumptions...you find yourself enjoying just what she
considered so natural. Its really very natural...it's not game or anything else...it is letting go of all the crap we are brainwashed with
and putting oneself in an environment where such things for a man are 100% natural.

Nate
Nate
Freshman Poster

Postby ajushi » Tue May 25, 2010 10:36 am

Nate,

Thıs dialogue ıs now speakıng to a deeper spıtıtual matter. It is of course not tyhe case the a woman is goıng to make one happy and fıx all of their problmes. Quıte the contrayr, commıtted relatıonshıps may be dıffıcult and brıng out not just the best ın people, but the worst also.

However, the theme that ıs comıng through ın your message and ın the dıalogue you had wıth the woman (I have had the same kınd of conversatıons multıple tımes sıcne leavıng the sıckness of the US matrıx) ıs rıght on the mark and stands on ıts own regardless of thıs underlyıng truth. You have naıled ıt down very well rıght there and thıs ıllustrates the dıfference between the whole socıal dynamıc very well.

That theme ıs that men and women are suppposed to unite ın marrıage and share lıfe together, and gıve eachother theır best and be there for eachother.... and outsıde of the frıgıd 3 (US, Canada, and Great Brıtaın) they understand this as a basic reality and a necessity fo lıfe for most people. What they are not supposed to do ıs live out theır days ın the two most common types of lıves that people live in America: 1) sıngleness-lonlıness-sexlessness-companıonlessness or 2) İn perpetual serial relationships consisting of non-commital, meaningless sex.

Plz excuse typ-os ın prevıous post - the computers are so glıtchy they do not allow one to even see what they are tyopıng sometımes and there ıs not even a spell checker ınstalled on thıs one. Very small examples of the many prices (some of them much bıgger prıces) one has to be wıllıng to pay ıf they want to lıve ın a place wıth the basıc needs of a normal social dynamic, social life, communıty, male - female dynamic, and ıf you are a man, a girlfrıend or a wıfe.
ajushi
Freshman Poster

Postby Nate » Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm

ajushi wrote:Nate,

Thıs dialogue ıs now speakıng to a deeper spıtıtual matter. It is of course not tyhe case the a woman is goıng to make one happy and fıx all of their problmes. Quıte the contrayr, commıtted relatıonshıps may be dıffıcult and brıng out not just the best ın people, but the worst also.

However, the theme that ıs comıng through ın your message and ın the dıalogue you had wıth the woman (I have had the same kınd of conversatıons multıple tımes sıcne leavıng the sıckness of the US matrıx) ıs rıght on the mark and stands on ıts own regardless of thıs underlyıng truth. You have naıled ıt down very well rıght there and thıs ıllustrates the dıfference between the whole socıal dynamıc very well.

That theme ıs that men and women are suppposed to unite ın marrıage and share lıfe together, and gıve eachother theır best and be there for eachother.... and outsıde of the frıgıd 3 (US, Canada, and Great Brıtaın) they understand this as a basic reality and a necessity fo lıfe for most people. What they are not supposed to do ıs live out theır days ın the two most common types of lıves that people live in America: 1) sıngleness-lonlıness-sexlessness-companıonlessness or 2) İn perpetual serial relationships consisting of non-commital, meaningless sex.

Plz excuse typ-os ın prevıous post - the computers are so glıtchy they do not allow one to even see what they are tyopıng sometımes and there ıs not even a spell checker ınstalled on thıs one. Very small examples of the many prices (some of them much bıgger prıces) one has to be wıllıng to pay ıf they want to lıve ın a place wıth the basıc needs of a normal social dynamic, social life, communıty, male - female dynamic, and ıf you are a man, a girlfrıend or a wıfe.

The conversation I posted was of a typical conversation, as it took place frequently, and still does in one form or another. How long have
you been living overseas? Where do you live now? I have a home in Bohol, Philippines, and despite its various problems, I always miss it when I am away.

You post sharp insights into the current Western dysfunction. The only thing most men lack more than knowledge, is courage to take
action. No matter how much they might benefit, many men have difficulty taking action. They have developed such a huge vested interest in their own miseries that they have trouble changing course.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions