Truths/comparisons you only hear on Happier Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Truths/comparisons you only hear on Happier Abroad

Post by Winston »

Why is it that on travel/expat guides, websites and TV shows (e.g. Travel Channel) all you hear about EVERY country and culture is the following:

1) People in every place and culture are warm and friendly.
2) Food is delicious in every culture. Nothing tastes bad.
3) Every culture is amazing, rich and fun!

You only hear positive, polite, noncontroversial things. But you never hear an honest assessment of pros and cons, or any obvious truths like these for instance:

- The more economically prosperous a country gets, the less friendly and warm its people are, especially its women. And the poorer a country is, the more warm and friendly it is. This seems to affect women more than men. A man's personality and friendliness changes little with economic status, but a woman's personality and friendliness changes A LOT once she has money.

My cultural advisor Ladislav put it this way:

http://expatriateobservations.blogspot. ... of_20.html
The friendliness of people ( and women )of a certain country towards you depends on several factors:

1) The difference in GDP between your country and theirs. The formula is this: Your country's yearly GDP /Her Country GDP= friendliness factor. I.e. $24000/$2400= 10. That means they will be ten times friendlier to you than women in your own country. Before you choose the place to go to, check out the GDP there and you will be able to calculate the friendliness factor with relative accuracy.
2) Similar religion- the more similar the better.
3) Race: the more similar, the better and/or the lighter the better.
4) With very few exceptions, the money factor will override all the other differences. If the factor 2 and 3 is any problem, more cash thrown at the situation will normally sway it in your favor.
I would also add to the above that the more your outward personality and vibe fits into a culture, the more liked you will be too. Chemistry is a factor too.

Therefore, the question begs: Is money a good thing, even though everyone wants it, when it makes people unfriendly, anti-social, and cliquish, and causes loneliness, datelessness and sexlessness to rise?

- In First World countries, the friendliest people are the elderly/senior citizens and children. Young adults tend to only talk to people within their small cliques and ignore everyone else outside of them. They only talk to strangers when it's business related. For newcomers, it can take months or years to make a few regular friends.

But in Third World countries, young adults are much much more warm, friendly, sociable and easy to meet. They talk easily to strangers. And this includes attractive/beautiful/cute young women too, believe it or not. This difference in friendliness is not a little, but A LOT, I'm talking a MILLION PERCENT different! This is something you have to really experience to understand. Only comprehending it mentally is not enough. Those who never left the First World matrix will have trouble believing it.

Such overall patterns are obvious and easily provable. Yet they are taboo to mention publicly for some reason. People do commonly mention them in private intelligent discussions. But to mention them publicly or in print seems to be a BIG taboo. Travel shows, publications, and sites do not dare.

ONLY me and a few others are not afraid to mention them. You will only hear such truths on Happier Abroad and Expatriate Observations:

http://www.happierabroad.com
http://expatriateobservations.blogspot.com

That's what makes us unique and the most truthful expat sites. We are willing to tell the obvious truths and comparisons even though they may be offensive. Why be fake like everyone else? The mainstream on the other hand, censors out everything that is not politically correct or is too deep or goes against their "money is good, work is good, anti-sociality is good" dogma.

Unlike them, TRUTH is our passion, not fear and censorship. That sets us apart from the rest.

So be glad that you found us! :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

dano
Freshman Poster

Re: Truths/comparisons you only hear on Happier Abroad

Post by dano »

Winston wrote:Why is it that on travel/expat guides, websites and TV shows (e.g. Travel Channel) all you hear about EVERY country and culture is the following:

1) People in every place and culture are warm and friendly.
2) Food is delicious in every culture. Nothing tastes bad.
3) Every culture is amazing, rich and fun!

You only hear positive, polite, noncontroversial things. But you never hear an honest assessment of pros and cons, or any obvious truths like these for instance:

- The more economically prosperous a country gets, the less friendly and warm its people are, especially its women. And the poorer a country is, the more warm and friendly it is. This seems to affect women more than men. A man's personality and friendliness changes little with economic status, but a woman's personality and friendliness changes A LOT once she has money.

My cultural advisor Ladislav put it this way:

http://expatriateobservations.blogspot. ... of_20.html
The friendliness of people ( and women )of a certain country towards you depends on several factors:

1) The difference in GDP between your country and theirs. The formula is this: Your country's yearly GDP /Her Country GDP= friendliness factor. I.e. $24000/$2400= 10. That means they will be ten times friendlier to you than women in your own country. Before you choose the place to go to, check out the GDP there and you will be able to calculate the friendliness factor with relative accuracy.
2) Similar religion- the more similar the better.
3) Race: the more similar, the better and/or the lighter the better.
4) With very few exceptions, the money factor will override all the other differences. If the factor 2 and 3 is any problem, more cash thrown at the situation will normally sway it in your favor.
I would also add to the above that the more your outward personality and vibe fits into a culture, the more liked you will be too. Chemistry is a factor too.

Therefore, the question begs: Is money a good thing, even though everyone wants it, when it makes people unfriendly, anti-social, and cliquish, and causes loneliness, datelessness and sexlessness to rise?

- In First World countries, the friendliest people are the elderly/senior citizens and children. Young adults tend to only talk to people within their small cliques and ignore everyone else outside of them. They only talk to strangers when it's business related. For newcomers, it can take months or years to make a few regular friends.

But in Third World countries, young adults are much much more warm, friendly, sociable and easy to meet. They talk easily to strangers. And this includes attractive/beautiful/cute young women too, believe it or not. This difference in friendliness is not a little, but A LOT, I'm talking a MILLION PERCENT different! This is something you have to really experience to understand. Only comprehending it mentally is not enough. Those who never left the First World matrix will have trouble believing it.

Such overall patterns are obvious and easily provable. Yet they are taboo to mention publicly for some reason. People do commonly mention them in private intelligent discussions. But to mention them publicly or in print seems to be a BIG taboo. Travel shows, publications, and sites do not dare.

ONLY me and a few others are not afraid to mention them. You will only hear such truths on Happier Abroad and Expatriate Observations:

http://www.happierabroad.com
http://expatriateobservations.blogspot.com

That's what makes us unique and the most truthful expat sites. We are willing to tell the obvious truths and comparisons even though they may be offensive. Why be fake like everyone else? The mainstream on the other hand, censors out everything that is not politically correct or is too deep or goes against their "money is good, work is good, anti-sociality is good" dogma.

Unlike them, TRUTH is our passion, not fear and censorship. That sets us apart from the rest.

So be glad that you found us! :)
I completely agree with Ladislav. GDP is a good way to screen the friendliest countries. Poor people put all there effort into relationships because they know they will never have any material wealth. Mongolia, is a good example of this and has the lowest divorce rate in the world but in China and Korea the divorce rate is surging, the difference in GDP is obvious. Women that grow up in middle class and wealthy families have a divorce rate 5 times higher than women that grow up in poor families. This is a statistic you will never read in the media.