Does marriage ruin sex life?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Does marriage ruin sex life?

Post by Rock »

2/3 of married women would prefer to do anything other than have sex with their spouse

yet

77% are happy to very happy with their (uninspiring) sex life (or perhaps many cheat on a frequent basis?)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTur ... Pl7nkAWwVI

BTW, Cenk married for the first time a few months ago and claims to be happy so far but his wife is Chinese.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Does Marriage Ruin Your Sex Life?

Post by Think Different »

Yes.
dano
Freshman Poster

Post by dano »

Its not just women that don't want sex after marriage, after a few years of being married I was the same way. Sex was about as exciting as taking out the trash. I should mention my X was American and we used to argue everyday. Although, I left her on the side of the highway one day and she was really horny when she got home, about 7 hours later.

I think a better question is: Is sex with asian women good after marriage ?
raindreamer333
Freshman Poster

Post by raindreamer333 »

What about "does pre-marital sex ruin your marriage life?"

Sex was meant for marriage, plain and simple. It is something to be shared between a husband and wife exclusively.

I think that the rise of premarital sex is the primary reason for the rise in the number of anti-social women in Westernized countries.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

raindreamer333 wrote:What about "does pre-marital sex ruin your marriage life?"

Sex was meant for marriage, plain and simple. It is something to be shared between a husband and wife exclusively.

I think that the rise of premarital sex is the primary reason for the rise in the number of anti-social women in Westernized countries.
Christianity and many other religions teach that premarital sex is bad. And in some ways they are right. The problem is though- these religions developed in the times when people married very young and their desire was satisfied as soon as it appeared and through proper marriage. We want to have sex when in our teens because by nature we are meant to become a husband and wife then. Try doing it now.

Now you have all these educational insititutions that one needs to finish before one marries. And all these industrial jobs. And all kinds of laws and restrictions. Before, you just went to your local church or mosque and presto!

Virginity worked fine in the preindustrial age.

And when we finished 8 classes or had church/mosque schools. Graduated very young. Married, worked in a rice paddy.

Now it is: Oh, I need to finish college first, oh, I need to find a good job first.

In agricultural times people married early and had kids early. So, premarital sex was not needed even.

Now, a man has to wait till he finishes college and till he gets all this money/expensive living quarters/cars, etc. Or establishes his career. And a woman has to do the same in this very expensive, education- based industrial/information age. And all that takes time. But the sexual desire is there early. The way it was for millions of years before.

All this takes time. But the sperm in the testicles has a different schedule.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
raindreamer333
Freshman Poster

Post by raindreamer333 »

I really don't think things have changed that much. All you really need is a simple job to support yourself.

I know a couple that got married at age 18. Both of them worked minimum wage ($8 an hour) jobs, and bought a small apartment. They have since moved up in their careers and now own a small townhouse.

As long as you have a simple job and can support yourself, why shouldn't young people get married?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

raindreamer333 wrote:I really don't think things have changed that much. All you really need is a simple job to support yourself.

I know a couple that got married at age 18. Both of them worked minimum wage ($8 an hour) jobs, and bought a small apartment. They have since moved up in their careers and now own a small townhouse.

As long as you have a simple job and can support yourself, why shouldn't young people get married?
Finding an 18 year old girl in the US who is willing to do that is hard. I am happy for the lucky couple. I had no such luck with nasty, toxic 18 yo gals in the US.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!