Fan Videos: Winston Wu is Right: Americans are socially disconnected (Steve Hoca & Others)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Fan Videos: Winston Wu is Right: Americans are socially disconnected (Steve Hoca & Others)

Post by Winston »

Check out this new video by Steve Hoca called "Winston Wu is Right: Americans are socially disconnected".

Description:

"In this video, I discuss my observations about some of the things that Winston Wu has mentioned in his newsletters regarding American social disconnectedness.

For years I thought it was only I that held this opinion, but after hearing Winston Wu mention this in his online videos and on his online blog, it started to make me realize how right I was all along.

For the average American living in the matrix of reality, it's hard to imagine that we are isolated socially. After all, don't multitudes of people cheer on their sports teams in sold-out arenas all throughout the U.S.?

Actually, most people are really just clinging on to their little cliques, and besides their love for the same team, they have really no use for the other sports fans around them. Even though these sports fans share their same love for the same team(s) and players, most of these fans just go home to their isolated world, having no contact with others they deem as strangers. The sports analogy is just one example. There are many more.

I am not the first person to come to this conclusion. There are educated sociologists with more credentials than myself that are, and have been, observing this phenomenon for the past decade.

Google or Yahoo the words "Americans are socially disconnected" and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. You'll find a multitude of articles confirming my feelings."
Last edited by Winston on October 5th, 2011, 10:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just check it out and he has some interesting observations. He basically agrees with Winston that Americans are afraid to "mingle" with other people when they are out in public. They basically stick to themselves and don't even make eye contact with others. God forbid you actually strike up a conversation with a stranger at a bookstore or grocery store!

What a great country to live in if your trying to meet people or make friends! lol :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah and the amazing thing about Steve is that he's so authentic and genuine when he speaks.

Here is another video from him called "Why do people fear the truth?"

Last edited by Winston on February 12th, 2011, 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's a great point that Steve made in the comment section:

"Washington State has produced some of the most vicious serial killers in America's history. Yes, I am sure it's not a friendly place to be. But I am not assuming all people are that extreme. It's just that people are cliquish, and if you're not a part of their little tribe, you may as well not exist. Isn't it funny how people can collectively cheer on the same team in a stadium filled with 80,000 people, yet go home alone and be disconnected from these same people? Amazing!"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a great observation about Steve Hoca's videos someone wrote me:

"Hi Winston. This in something interesting I observed. I was watching on of Steve Hoca,s youtube videos. He explained how when you are out there solo by your self. And you try to connect with people. They don,t want to be bugged. The strange thing is Steve Hoca would be someone that would be considered above average. As far as visual physical attractiveness by US standarts. Plus he seems very articulate.. You can see where Dwayne Holloway and Bill 122460 would have an issue out there. Although I,m not afraid to go up and talk to strange women. You can see that If there not someone you know at least 30 - 35% of the time they will be real guarded. I can also see how location can play a big part even in the US. I tend to dress hippy like. The weird thing about it. Was I run into more issues on the West coast. Where you would think you would fit in the best being an excentic hippy artist type. California Oregon and Washington state pretended to be something it,s not. For some reason I seem to do better on the East coast or the Midwest. Here,s another very important thing I observed. It seems almost impossible to have intelligent conversation with the average person. Especially in the times we are living in today. In a way you can see how something very complex and powerful is dumbing down the population..For whatever the agenda is. I want to thank you so much for answering my question. Here,s some more picture of the town of New Hope Pa"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Steve made an interesting point about professional sports. I heard from Noam Chomsky and others that professional sports was developed to condition the population to be passive docile observers rather than become active for change. They train you to displace your aggression onto icons and sports heros, to keep you passive and uninvolved. That makes sense cause that's what it does.

After all, what other real benefit does professional sports have? You cheer for your team and put a lot of emotional investment in it. But all for what? It seems like a waste of energy.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: After all, what other real benefit does professional sports have? You cheer for your team and put a lot of emotional investment in it. But all for what? It seems like a waste of energy.
It is rather pointless. Pro sports (especially the NFL) is just a dozen or so billionaire owners shuffling overpaid pampered athletes around the franchise. It's amazing how people feel civic pride about pro teams because most pro teams are made up of out of state players on $30+ million dollar contracts. A lot of tax dollars get funneled into stadium projects and "infrastructure" to attract the sports industry.

It's never going anywhere because U.S. culture idolizes these figures.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

Winston wrote:Steve made an interesting point about professional sports. I heard from Noam Chomsky and others that professional sports was developed to condition the population to be passive docile observers rather than become active for change. They train you to displace your aggression onto icons and sports heros, to keep you passive and uninvolved. That makes sense cause that's what it does.
This is exactly right. Does the expression 'bread and circuses' sound familiar, anyone?
After all, what other real benefit does professional sports have? You cheer for your team and put a lot of emotional investment in it. But all for what? It seems like a waste of energy.
I've always seen professional sports as somewhat of an abstraction. I've never understood how or why anyone can support a team they aren't actually a member of, in a game they don't personally play. To me, the way people go nuts over pro sports, even to the point of painting their faces with their favourite team's colours, seems more like a form of mass psychosis than anything else. What's more staggering is the sums people will pay to attend pro sports events, and in the process make the owners of pro sports teams unimaginably rich. These people never seem to realize that the money they pay is often used against them later by corporate entities that seek to expand their control over society.

One development I've found somewhat disturbing is the increasing numbers of women who follow pro sports as rabidly as men do. This kind of development is actually historically and sociologically unprecedented. Forty or fifty years ago, women had little interest in men's sports. What gives here? Have women become men? Are they trying to become men? Or is the herd mentality that pro sports fosters the thing they find so attractive?? One can't help but wonder if there isn't something in the water we're drinking these days.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

you could be right about the herd mentality when it comes to increase of female fans. I personally follow sports and i like it. It's like the male version of a soap opera, with the unpredictability of an outcome of who wins and loses. I don't obsess over it and i definitely dont waste hundreds of dollars to watch an event i can see at the comfort of my home.

As far as more females watching sports. I think its because a pro-athlete is basically what a western woman wants and dreams to have. Think about it

- They're young, most likely over 6 feet tall and in great shape (due to the physical demand of the sport)
- The better athletes gain more fame and popularity
- Most importantly money, money , money these guys are absolutely loaded

Everything that a female feels that she deserves in a mate all wrapped up in a human being. That's why you hear a lot of false-rape convictions from athletes and then they're potrayed as pigs in this politically correct society. When in fact these women want do everything they can to get married and have kids with him
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

For single American guys that havnt had a real relationship in their entire life, anger is a key issue. Anger is perfectly normal and healthy, and I for one did certainly engage in it back in the 2000's.

I suspect its all the pent up angst and frustration that is the engine of change. If a man can not find a suitable outlet for this emotion, he usually tends to demobilize.

The cost of a 2 week vacation to South America may be too much for many men, and they may see no escape. That is a shame because a trip to Brazil is all a man needs to reset his emotional system and anchor himself into a functional reality.

Hoca seems to be one of those guys thats stuck in second gear, and will be for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, I guess, not everyone makes it through the war.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Steve Hoca just went to the Philippines though, so he did go abroad already. He said he would make a lot of videos about it, and he did an interview about it with Steve N again. But for some reason there has been a long delay in his publishing it. For some reason, Steve seems reluctant to let his YouTube fans know that he officially advocates going abroad. Perhaps he is afraid of losing some of his fans? I don't know.

I posted a few trip reports from him in the Philippines in the Trip Reports section. You can find it there.

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Anger sells. Added to it, once a guy takes a trip overseas the alien face-hugger of feminism is permanently removed. He can now see the paradigm clearly, and thus a lot of the boiling anger and vitriol evaporates.

Or, like I said before, a man going overseas is in effect hitting the reset button. Perhaps Mr. Hoca now has bigger fish to fry? So many hot girls, so little time?

American females are, ultimately, a boring topic and feminism is a dead philosophy. Devoting ones like to teeth-gritting rants is great for ratings, but tends to skew ones view a bit.

In the end the internet mens rights "movement" is little more than WWF posturing and drama. Great entertainment and a good way for people to blow off steam.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a blog post about Steve Hoca's video "Winston Wu is right".

http://forahouseboy.blogspot.tw/2010/06 ... right.html
Steve Hoca: "Winston Wu Is Right: Americans Are Socially Disconnected"

Hey folks, remember Steve Hoca, the guy that did the 'p***y Renaissance' video? Well, I think that what he's saying about America--the people, the culture, and its government, is dead on!

We're living in an age where no one wants to be sociable, or even in another sense--hospitable. In one part, he describes that in San Francisco for example, if a man befriends another man, that person might already get the impression that he's a 'homosexual'...and of course that's not all; in addition, if a man is even hospitable to a woman, then she'll already know that he's up to no good and that he's just looking for trouble--when that's not what he intended...

With this kind of attitude, I'm not so sure if the good people will ever have friendly neighborhood barbecues or even hang-outs again...the situation(s) that we're in now are so pathetic--FOR A HOUSEBOY!

"LEAVE ME ALONE" seems to be the theme for post-feminist, millennial recession America! *SIGH*

Excalibur
Freshman Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Winston wrote:Steve Hoca just went to the Philippines though, so he did go abroad already. He said he would make a lot of videos about it, and he did an interview about it with Steve N again. But for some reason there has been a long delay in his publishing it. For some reason, Steve seems reluctant to let his YouTube fans know that he officially advocates going abroad. Perhaps he is afraid of losing some of his fans? I don't know.

I posted a few trip reports from him in the Philippines in the Trip Reports section. You can find it there.
I watched a lot of videos and interviews with Steve Hoca, and I was wondering what he is doing these days. I think his latest TFL-related video was published in summer last year, and he didn't put up any videos about this topic since then.

I can't quite understand his concern about losing fans by disclosing his going abroad. His "movement" was about so many guys being without girlfriends in America. He has never been a MGTOW, and he never advocated living a voluntary celibacy.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Excalibur wrote:
Winston wrote:Steve Hoca just went to the Philippines though, so he did go abroad already. He said he would make a lot of videos about it, and he did an interview about it with Steve N again. But for some reason there has been a long delay in his publishing it. For some reason, Steve seems reluctant to let his YouTube fans know that he officially advocates going abroad. Perhaps he is afraid of losing some of his fans? I don't know.

I watched a lot of videos and interviews with Steve Hoca, and I was wondering what he is doing these days. I think his latest TFL-related video was published in summer last year, and he didn't put up any videos about this topic since then.

I can't quite understand his concern about losing fans by disclosing his going abroad. His "movement" was about so many guys being without girlfriends in America. He has never been a MGTOW, and he never advocated living a voluntary celibacy.
I think he is abroad now & that's why he's quiet.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder