any of you guys worried about catching herpes from bar girls

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
picasso25
Freshman Poster

any of you guys worried about catching herpes from bar girls

Post by picasso25 »

I have read and notice that alot of people on this site have been with many bar girls overseas and I have been somewhat sexually active, but I am very worried about catching a std from sleeping with several women because i heard that you can still catch some std's such as herpes and HPV even with a condom on, I was wondering if any one knew they chances of you catching these diseases with the protection of a condom on, some people have told me that you can tell if a woman has herpes by looking for sores and as long as there are no sores then you should be ok, I don't know how true this is, can someone give me a little information on this subject? there are adultfriendfinder.com where you can meet women to hook up with, I had been willing to try some of these sites out until I found the information out about HPV and herpes, does anyone have any ideas on what measures or things I could do to help prevention against these diseases? or what kind of precautions do you guys take when going overseas and taking bar girls home? any comments, thank you
American women!!! Yuk!!!

what's that? you wanna tell me about who paris hilton is dating now. who cares!!!!
dano
Freshman Poster

Re: any of you guys worried about catching herpes from bar g

Post by dano »

picasso25 wrote:I have read and notice that alot of people on this site have been with many bar girls overseas and I have been somewhat sexually active, but I am very worried about catching a std from sleeping with several women because i heard that you can still catch some std's such as herpes and HPV even with a condom on, I was wondering if any one knew they chances of you catching these diseases with the protection of a condom on, some people have told me that you can tell if a woman has herpes by looking for sores and as long as there are no sores then you should be ok, I don't know how true this is, can someone give me a little information on this subject? there are adultfriendfinder.com where you can meet women to hook up with, I had been willing to try some of these sites out until I found the information out about HPV and herpes, does anyone have any ideas on what measures or things I could do to help prevention against these diseases? or what kind of precautions do you guys take when going overseas and taking bar girls home? any comments, thank you
Yeah, I'm worried about it and I don't sleep with hookers or date.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You can see the sores on the outside of the body on their skin. You can't see the ones that may be inside the vagina. So if you are wearing a condom and there are no sores then there may be a lesser chance. There is something called aymptomatic shedding with herpes though. Though she may not have any visible sores, she may be shedding the virus from her skin.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

I think the current figure is that 50% of people under age 40 have Herpes-2 in the USA. Almost everyone in the world has Herpes-1.

I don't understand this obsession I see on fora like this where the men don't want to get any disease, ever.

You guys don't obsess about getting the common cold, or cancer, or ALS or Alzheimers or Cancer or the flu or any of a number of other contagious diseases that can be permanent or in a few cases, fatal. It's like that guy Christopher from Oregon who won't take ANY risk wrt women or sex and is celibate and won't have sex with any woman ever. He wants to keep his penis completely disease free for life and his way of doing so is to remain a virgin until death.

He is VERY risk averse.

Yet he owns and rides a motorcycle, a means of transportation that has a very very risky accident profile per 100,000 passenger trips.

Deaths per billion journeys
Bus: 4.3
Rail: 20
Van: 20
Car: 40
Foot: 40
Water: 90
Air: 117
Bicycle: 170
Motorcycle: 1640

That's just bizarre.

What I see is latent US Puritanism, watered down, reflected in the repeated concerns about STD's. I don't have chlamydia or HPV or gonorrhea or any of that but I don't obsess over getting sick. It just strikes me as mutated guilt over sex, because you guys don't obsess over getting other non-STD's.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you have questions about STD and STD risk, visit here:
http://www.medhelp.org/
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Herpes/show/195 (herpes)

Anyone who works in the sex industry should be considered high risk, so use protection. If you're playing with the high risk group, you should probably get a STD panel every 6 months.

Do not try to "self diagnose" with information on the internet. Go to a real clinic and get a blood test.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

momopi wrote:If you have questions about STD and STD risk, visit here:
http://www.medhelp.org/
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Herpes/show/195 (herpes)

Anyone who works in the sex industry should be considered high risk, so use protection. If you're playing with the high risk group, you should probably get a STD panel every 6 months.

Do not try to "self diagnose" with information on the internet. Go to a real clinic and get a blood test.
What's the point of getting tested so 'that you know'?

Maybe the fact that I have had life threatening episodes gives me an odd perspective having blacked out and had a NDE for a few minutes, but why obsess about it? If you get one you will know - all illnesses have symptoms. If you are asymptomatic and you won't be harmed then why worry? Wear a condom to protect your girl and that is that.

Death is more important than chlamydia and chlamydia won't kill you as often or at all.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote: What's the point of getting tested so 'that you know'?

Maybe the fact that I have had life threatening episodes gives me an odd perspective having blacked out and had a NDE for a few minutes, but why obsess about it? If you get one you will know - all illnesses have symptoms. If you are asymptomatic and you won't be harmed then why worry? Wear a condom to protect your girl and that is that.

Death is more important than chlamydia and chlamydia won't kill you as often or at all.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5407817_long- ... ated_.html

Chlamydia will not go away on its own if left untreated. Eventually, it can progress to more serious illnesses. In women, untreated chlamydia can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (an infection of the reproductive organs that can cause infertility) or cystitis (an inflamed urinary bladder). In men, untreated chlamydia can lead to infertility, inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis) or the epididymis, or scarring in the urethra.

It's your body and health, you decide how you want to look after it.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

momopi wrote:
globetrotter wrote: What's the point of getting tested so 'that you know'?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5407817_long- ... ated_.html

Chlamydia will not go away on its own if left untreated. Eventually, it can progress to more serious illnesses. In women, untreated chlamydia can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (an infection of the reproductive organs that can cause infertility) or cystitis (an inflamed urinary bladder). In men, untreated chlamydia can lead to infertility, inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis) or the epididymis, or scarring in the urethra.

It's your body and health, you decide how you want to look after it.
I nearly died of two heart attacks so when I read of perfectly healthy young men obsessing over a disease that does not kill but won't go away I just laugh at you. You think that an STD is bad? You have not one f***ing clue. Scarring of the urethra? Inflammation? Infertility? Pussies. Kid's stuff -- totally not worth your concern.

Try 4 minutes of passed out and a near death experience and the energy level of a 80 year old. Try going from a very health 42 to being, in effect, a senior citizen. Try 5 years to take to regain 80-90% of your prior health, vitality and energy back. I have life-long permanent effects from the MI's, yet you guys don't obsess over getting a heart attack, or cancer, or the flu or TB or anything else.

No, to you the worst possible disease to get is an STD. This is latent Victorian Puritanism -- the body is sacred and should never be sullied. To some this extends to life-long vows of chastity and virginity. Sex is bad, getting an STD is worse, impure, a sign of shame, blame guilt and being unclean. This is pure, old school, conservative religious values. Yet never do you make the same moral distinction about other diseases. You don't have the same attitude about the common cold, or the flu, or breaking a bone, or TB or getting parasites or any of a number of lasting diseases.

Nope, your major concern is an obsession with non-lethal STD's.

Obviously you all are young and have never had any medical issues that are worthy of any concern, you all are still invincible and in perfect health.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote:You don't have the same attitude about the common cold, or the flu, or breaking a bone, or TB or getting parasites or any of a number of lasting diseases.
Nope, your major concern is an obsession with non-lethal STD's.
When I catch a cold, I take reasonable precautions such as covering my mouth and nose with tissue or handkerchief when sneezing, washing my hands with soap and hot water, and restricting direct physical contact with others. At work I also keep a can of Lysol. In Asia, some also wear flu masks when they're sick, in consideration of others.

I attended culinary school for a semester, and our safe food handling rules are even more strict. Others may think we're anal retentive in the kitchen, but it's our job to make sure that you don't get food poisoning. We don't store food in the fridge with more than 2 inches of air between the content and the lid, we wash counter-tops with bleach solution, and we use temperature test strips in the dishwasher.

This thread is about catching STD's from GRO's. Just as a kitchen serves many customers thoughout the week, so does the GRO. You don't have to agree with my opinions, it's your body, so it's your decision.
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Re: any of you guys worried about catching herpes from bar girls

Post by Roccia »

Sexpats are probably full of STDs from gay orgies with ladyboys.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: any of you guys worried about catching herpes from bar girls

Post by MrMan »

picasso25 wrote:
June 9th, 2010, 4:40 pm
I have read and notice that alot of people on this site have been with many bar girls overseas and I have been somewhat sexually active, but I am very worried about catching a std from sleeping with several women because i heard that you can still catch some std's such as herpes and HPV even with a condom on, I was wondering if any one knew they chances of you catching these diseases with the protection of a condom on, some people have told me that you can tell if a woman has herpes by looking for sores and as long as there are no sores then you should be ok, I don't know how true this is, can someone give me a little information on this subject? there are adultfriendfinder.com where you can meet women to hook up with, I had been willing to try some of these sites out until I found the information out about HPV and herpes, does anyone have any ideas on what measures or things I could do to help prevention against these diseases? or what kind of precautions do you guys take when going overseas and taking bar girls home? any comments, thank you
Some of the folks here might be concerned about spreading herpes.

What I did is marry a virgin and have sex with her. That's the lowest risk strategy.