Is it really a 2 to 1 male/female ratio in the dating scene?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

zzzz wrote:You also have to consider age of women too I think. I know it is rarer to see older men in America with younger women than many places over seas but it still happens a lot. Good looking women in the 18-30s age range are the prime targets of men who are 18 to almost dead. :-) Unless they look really good single older women are ignored for the most part. I also ignore single moms as well. I learned very quickly they are usually a lot of drama and always put their kid (rightly so) ahead of you. Affluence makes it worse too I'd imagine. Most women in the US don't need a man for money. I'm too lazy to try and research statistics but it could very well be 2:1 or worse.
Most dating experts tell men to avoid single mothers like the plague! They will put their kids first and you will always play second fiddle.

I do occassionally see guys in their 40's and 50's with women in their 20's here in the US. As far as "cougars" go, personally, I wouldn't touch a "cougar" with a ten foot pole! :lol:
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by MattHanson1990 »

jamesbond wrote:
zzzz wrote:You also have to consider age of women too I think. I know it is rarer to see older men in America with younger women than many places over seas but it still happens a lot. Good looking women in the 18-30s age range are the prime targets of men who are 18 to almost dead. :-) Unless they look really good single older women are ignored for the most part. I also ignore single moms as well. I learned very quickly they are usually a lot of drama and always put their kid (rightly so) ahead of you. Affluence makes it worse too I'd imagine. Most women in the US don't need a man for money. I'm too lazy to try and research statistics but it could very well be 2:1 or worse.
Most dating experts tell men to avoid single mothers like the plague! They will put their kids first and you will always play second fiddle.

I do occassionally see guys in their 40's and 50's with women in their 20's here in the US. As far as "cougars" go, personally, I wouldn't touch a "cougar" with a ten foot pole! :lol:
One big reason single men way outnumber single women in Generation X is that baby boomer men snatched up a lot of the Gen-X women, leaving a large number of Gen-X men out in the dust. Another reason is a large influx of male immigrants, as Winston pointed out.

Gen Y was known as the boomer echo due to the higher birthrates than Gen X
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really a 2 to 1 male/female ratio in the dating sc

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:I just uploaded your new interview with your wife Mark. It was great! Now we get the foreign woman's perspective too! SUPER! I think I will put this one on YouTube as well. For now though, here is the link to it for the folks here to listen to it:

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/M ... erview.mp3

You can find the link to the first interview on the home page or in the thread in the announcements board.

Fantastic job!
Great interview that Steve did with Mark and his wife Anna. It was very informative, everyone should listen to it.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by Mercury »

jamesbond wrote:
September 22nd, 2010, 11:28 pm
Here is information breaking it down by age group for single men and single women ratios. This is a list for non-married whites in the US. Again, single men outnumber single women IN ALL AGE GROUPS. No wonder why it's so hard for men to meet women in America, THERE IS A REAL SHORTAGE OF SINGLE WOMEN IN THE USA!

You can check out more info on these male to female ratios here: http://www.halfsigma.com/malefemale_ratio/ On this site, scroll down the page to see all the figures for ratios, by city, state and age group.

ages 18-20, 52.1% unmarried men 4,048,871, 47.9% unmarried women 3,719,306

ages 21-24, 54.1% unmarried men 4,412,950, 45.9% unmarried women 3,747,934

ages 25-28, 55.4% unmarried men 3,073,705, 44.6% unmarried women 2,472,222

ages 29-32, 56.1% unmarried men 2,014,546, 43.9% unmarried women 1,574,294

ages 33-36, 55.0% unmarried men 1,836,492, 45.0% unmarried women 1,504,618

ages 37-40, 53.7% unmarried men 1,789,844, 46.3% unmarried women 1,544,026
I'd say more like, ages 18-75, 99.99998% unmarried men, 0.00002% unmarried women.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Re: Is it really a 2 to 1 male/female ratio in the dating scene?

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

In places like China or India, isn't the ratio even higher?