The Taboo Truth about Openness in Anglo/Oriental Cultures

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
happier
Freshman Poster

Post by happier »

In fact, if you go to the largest public library, you will not find any book or publication stating that people in any particular culture are uptight, anti-social, closed and unapproachable, or that some cultures are more open and sociable than others. Neither will you find any book in your library that mentions the reality of this "holy grail", for to do so would violate the social taboo mentioned above. The closest thing to it would be sociology/cultural studies textbooks which mention that some cultures are more individualistic while others are more collectivist. The actual and obvious truth or dare is that in Anglo and Oriental workaholic cultures (e.g. USA, Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea), people live a highly materialistic and segregated lifestyle devoid of human connection. The purpose of their life is business and productivity, and life iself is reduced to a business resource.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

happier wrote:In fact, if you go to the largest public library, you will not find any book or publication stating that people in any particular culture are uptight, anti-social, closed and unapproachable, or that some cultures are more open and sociable than others. Neither will you find any book in your library that mentions the reality of this "holy grail", for to do so would violate the social taboo mentioned above. The closest thing to it would be sociology/cultural studies textbooks which mention that some cultures are more individualistic while others are more collectivist. The actual and obvious truth or dare is that in Anglo and Oriental workaholic cultures (e.g. USA, Canada, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea), people live a highly materialistic and segregated lifestyle devoid of human connection. The purpose of their life is business and productivity, and life iself is reduced to a business resource.
Wow! That is very sophisticated spam! All that work to slip in one stupid link.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

globetrotter wrote:"Quoting the engineer at my company, "Chinese hospitality is way better than American". "

Yeah, no kidding. Dirt poor peasant farmers buy me drinks and give me cigarettes.
Yeah I was in shanghai and this incredible family jammed into a little box invited me and fed me the most amazing meal I've ever had. The best people. Probably cost them a weeks pay.