Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Postby zzzz » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:17 am

OK, so I just watched every episode of this show in the past few days, I found it entertaining but also somewhat stimulating to think about. For those that don't know Jersey Shore is a MTV reality show where they took relatively good looking "Guido/Guidette" 20 somethings put them up in a house near the beach and see what happens. The first season was in Seaside Heights a Jersey beach town, the second season was in Miami Beach. Both I would say are prime spots to hunt women/guys around the house in environments such as the beach, clubs, etc.

What I found interesting was a few things. The guys for the most part had their whole life style laid out to get women. They put a lot more effort into it than the women, and were somewhat successful at it. It was amazing however to see just how much they were shot down or stood up or rejected, etc. The guys looks, muscles, and nice pad were pretty close to optimal to get women interested I thought. Sure some stuff could have been better but overall I think these guys are about as successful as you can get in America in regards to women.

On the other hand the girls could always find a guy if they wanted. They were pickier but the girls were also nuts I thought due to the fact they would hook up at random (that time of the month? who knows?). Two really good examples of this craziness was in season two Angelina had a guy she was dating who seemed really nice and classy but then she went and f***ed Vinny a guy she was fighting with and constantly bad mouthed. Vinny did the same back to her constantly trashing her, but let's face it guys will f**k about any girl that looks decent. The fact she f***ed a guy she supposedly hated while not giving it up to a nice guy who went on multiple dates with her (he even slept with her in the same bed one night without getting any) just boggles my mind. The other example was Snooki who was looking for a very specific type of guy in clubs but usually went home alone. She also was with some decent guys I thought yet she hooked up at random seemingly with every guy in the house not these decent guys.

So what did I learn? Even if you dedicate your life to chasing women in the USA you still won't be as successful as the average American over seas in many countries. If a woman doesn't give it up fairly quick cut her loose. Women are also f***ing crazy but we already all knew that one. :lol:

What does everyone else think of this show and relating it to issues often discussed on this site?
zzzz
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 am







Re: What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Postby Repatriate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:39 am

zzzz wrote:The guys looks, muscles, and nice pad were pretty close to optimal to get women interested I thought. Sure some stuff could have been better but overall I think these guys are about as successful as you can get in America in regards to women.

Because not every woman likes the guido spray on tan gold chains look just like how some women don't like asian men, black guys, or even regular ole' white guys. It's not universal. Plus the "standards" are so impossibly high in some areas (especially Miami) that unless you're a name like Matt Damon or something the women probably won't be interested regardless.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Postby zzzz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 am

Repatriate wrote:Because not every woman likes the guido spray on tan gold chains look just like how some women don't like asian men, black guys, or even regular ole' white guys. It's not universal. Plus the "standards" are so impossibly high in some areas (especially Miami) that unless you're a name like Matt Damon or something the women probably won't be interested regardless.


Yeah sure, there will always be exceptions, but really how can you not love this guy, LOL:

Image

The guy above was the main womanizer on the show by far. He'd hit on anything and would work the phones for hours to find a woman to spend time with if things were slow. The main thing I walked away from with was just how much effort the guys put in to chase women yet if they spent that much effort on making some cash they could probably live 6 months a year or more in some place like Thailand and get 100x as much action and attention. The guys were party animals and I don't think they realize how much better they'd have it over seas.

Rest of cast if you are curious to see their looks. I think even for supposedly being "Guido" stereotypes you'd be hard pressed to see many people discriminate against them:

http://content.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Jersey-Shore-Cast-MTV-Movie-Awards.jpg

I just think this show is a prime example to use as to why Western guys should go over seas, even if you are very sought after guy here you still won't be able to do as well as many other places around the world.
zzzz
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 am

Re: What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Postby E_Irizarry » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 am

Repatriate wrote:
zzzz wrote:The guys looks, muscles, and nice pad were pretty close to optimal to get women interested I thought. Sure some stuff could have been better but overall I think these guys are about as successful as you can get in America in regards to women.

Because not every woman likes the guido spray on tan gold chains look just like how some women don't like asian men, black guys, or even regular ole' white guys. It's not universal. Plus the "standards" are so impossibly high in some areas (especially Miami) that unless you're a name like Matt Damon or something the women probably won't be interested regardless.


I will re-patriate some day from this Dante's Infierno Hell called the US Gay. Speaking of whom, Repatriate always delivers the truth with splendid candor.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Grunt » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:54 am

I was born in Camden NJ, raised in Moorestown and Voorhees NJ, spent MANY summers as a teen in and around Atlantic City and Ocean City NJ, then escaped to Philly after I got my drivers license. I am here to tell you that the show Jersey Shore is a picture perfect representation of just about EVERYONE I went to high school with. I only kinda sorta stay in touch with one guy from high school and he tells me pretty much everyone still lives in and around Voorhees, their wives are all fat cows, and none of them has ever left the state, let alone America. I am pretty sure if you ask any of them about me they will tell you I am a loser.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby lavezzi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks so much America, for unleashing obstinate poisonous culture upon us which has rendered us unrecognizable from human beings:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MolIAKCJG7w[/youtube]

How do we reverse this? Will a total economic meltdown be enough? Or does the planet need to be completely renewed altogether? Whatever it is, it better happen soon..
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby zboy1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:52 am

lavezzi wrote:Thanks so much America, for unleashing obstinate poisonous culture upon us which has rendered us unrecognizable from human beings:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MolIAKCJG7w[/youtube]

How do we reverse this? Will a total economic meltdown be enough? Or does the planet need to be completely renewed altogether? Whatever it is, it better happen soon..


No kidding Lavezzi! All the cultural garbage from the West is being exported around the world--and we're talking about the worst of the worst i.e. Jersey Shore, The Kardashians, etc. I wonder how long it will be before every nation on the Earth begins to resemble guidos or chavs in behavior?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby lookin4happiness » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:27 am

the Jersey shore is a pure shit show. It is certain that one has less brain cells after watching it. really shallow pathetic and annoying. so much drama. I am sad to say I have watched a few episodes when I was bored and it just kept getting worse as time went on! I think they got laughed out of Italy in the latest season
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:43 pm

lookin4happiness wrote:the Jersey shore is a pure shit show. It is certain that one has less brain cells after watching it. really shallow pathetic and annoying. so much drama. I am sad to say I have watched a few episodes when I was bored and it just kept getting worse as time went on! I think they got laughed out of Italy in the latest season


Yeah because Italian-Americans are really the armpit subgeneration of Italians from their motherland of Italy/Sicily/Malta hence why many I-A's are pretty bigoted towards non-Whites and have a nonchalant bougie/pompous attitude towards life in America.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Disillusioned_American » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 am

lookin4happiness wrote:I think they got laughed out of Italy in the latest season


These Jersey idiots made complete asses of themselves while in Italy. The men acted like total meathead posturing dicks, starting fights at the club in Florence over nothing. The women were complete skanks. It was very apparent that they seemed totally out of place in contrast to the real Italians. For the most part, the show's cast seemed like total outcasts while in Europe. I *almost* felt embarassed for them.

E_Irizarry wrote:Yeah because Italian-Americans are really the armpit subgeneration of Italians from their motherland of Italy/Sicily/Malta hence why many I-A's are pretty bigoted towards non-Whites and have a nonchalant bougie/pompous attitude towards life in America.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFq9JWtIRR8

@ 2:38 the women confess that they are more attracted to men that are tall, hulking, TAN (the most important trait in a man to them!), and American. I guess the Italian men were too slender and normal for them.

Then these clowns go on to complain about how hard it was to find a proper tanning and nails salon compared to their beloved 'Jersey.'

@3:50, the guys confess that they are more interested in American girls than true Italian girls (WTF?!). The character "Vinnie" explains his disappointment in how most of the female American tourists he saw while in Italy were mostly college girls from the Midwest, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and how these types of girls just aren't his "style." Again I thought, WTF?

I grew up on the Eastcoast, and knew/saw plenty of these types of snobby Italian-American skanks like the ones on this show. Now that I am relocated to the Midwest, I have to say that the "blonde haired, blue-eyed" girls here (the types that this idiot complained of) are a thousand times more attractive and down to earth in my eyes than those kinds of Eastcoast sluts. Middle-American and Southern women are a breath of fresh air to me in comparison to those impossible bitches on the Coastline. I hate New Jersey, and would never step foot in that shithole of a state again unless I had to. I think that guy's crazy.

Basically what it boils down to is that these Jersey Clowns have no class, so naturally they feel intimidated by being around intelligent, classy Europeans whom are way more sophisticated.
Last edited by Disillusioned_American on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: What Jersey Shore Taught Me

Postby Disillusioned_American » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:24 am

zzzz wrote:Yeah sure, there will always be exceptions, but really how can you not love this guy, LOL:

Image

... The guys were party animals and I don't think they realize how much better they'd have it over seas.

... I just think this show is a prime example to use as to why Western guys should go over seas, even if you are very sought after guy here you still won't be able to do as well as many other places around the world.


First of all, WHY would any reasonable person even like a guy with a douchebag personality like his? And that photo of him must be airbrushed or had perfect lighting or whatever, because in one of the Italy episodes you can clearly see that the guy has some major skin damage/ephilides on his arms/shoulders from too much sun and tanning. Maybe it was more apparent because they were getting pale from lack of access to their usual tanning regimen while overseas. A tan tends to hide a lot of blemishes and malignant freckles on the skin. Tanning beds are bad news.

Also, I don't want guys like these Jersey punks to discover overseas dating. They are doing fine for themselves here in the US. Why encourage assholes like these to ruin the expat scene for the less fortunate guys who are literally starving for sex/love in America and need the alternative much more so?
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Devil Dog, Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests