Einstein on America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Einstein on America

Post by fschmidt »

I thought members of this forum would enjoy reading Einstein's impression of America from 1921:

"Above all things are the women who, as a literal fact, dominate the entire life in America. The men take an interest in absolutely nothing at all. The work and work, the like of which I have never seen anywhere yet. For the rest they are the toy dogs of the women, who spend the money in a most unmeasurable, illimitable way and wrap themselves in a fog of extravagance."

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 838A639EDE
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Post by Greetercb »

Remember this Fact. If Albert Einstein were A Little Kid in
today,s Public school System here at America.

Then He would have been Misplaced in today,s Special Education Programs for The So Called Slow Learners. ( Like Me Greetercb.)
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Greetercb wrote:Remember this Fact. If Albert Einstein were A Little Kid in

Then He would have been Misplaced in today,s Special Education Programs for The So Called Slow Learners. ( Like Me Greetercb.)
He probably would have gotten his ass kicked by various jocks and thugs in high school and then grew up to be a bitter asexual guy in a mediocre professional job. :lol:

Einstein really was as much of a product of his time and environment as his natural intelligence.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Einstein on America

Post by ladislav »

I thought members of this forum would enjoy reading Einstein's impression of America from 1921:

"Above all things are the women who, as a literal fact, dominate the entire life in America. The men take an interest in absolutely nothing at all. The work and work, the like of which I have never seen anywhere yet. For the rest they are the toy dogs of the women, who spend the money in a most unmeasurable, illimitable way and wrap themselves in a fog of extravagance."
Bring back those women from the 1920ies anytime. That was the time when men worked and women spent their money. And the women were feminine and looked good and had good manners and class. They depended on men for money. So, sure a man would work and work but he would have a sweet honey by his side.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

ladislav wrote:Bring back those women from the 1920ies anytime. That was the time when men worked and women spent their money. And the women were feminine and looked good and had good manners and class. They depended on men for money. So, sure a man would work and work but he would have a sweet honey by his side.
You must mean another decade. The 1920s was the first big step towards feminism. This was reversed by the depression for 3 decades and then continued in the 1960s. The best way to see this quickly is to look at some google image searches for:

women 1900s
women 1910s
women 1920s
women 1930s
women 1940s
women 1950s
women 1960s
women 1970s
women 1980s
women 1990s
women 2000s
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Einstein is my n*&$ga.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

yeah he had that bling bling going on before.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

He would also be harrassed for being "gay" or looking "gay". Ah, but it is hypothetical. No Jews from Germany are coming to the US anymore.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ladislav wrote:

He would also be harrassed for being "gay" or looking "gay". Ah, but it is hypothetical. No Jews from Germany are coming to the US anymore.
Yup. I strongly detest it when Americans say that "everybody is trying to get here; everybody is trying to get a green card in order to come here!!". I hate that deluded arrogance, and I call them out on it!

Quite contrarily, a lot of "foreigners" are migrating to the EU. It's not as European as people think it is now.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Post by Roccia »

Albert Einstein -- was he a thief, a liar and a plagiarist? Any proof at all that he really exist?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

He wasn't a plagarist, he just wasn't that good in mathematics, so he used other people's mathematics to describe his physics. However, the german scientist Ernst Mach anticipated relativity years before Einstein.