Powerful, eerie prophecy regarding the US, stated in 1963

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
darwinsturtle
Freshman Poster

Powerful, eerie prophecy regarding the US, stated in 1963

Post by darwinsturtle »

"The United States is evil ... it is the canker of the world. The pillars of Hercules of the United States are vulgarity and stupidity ... a single nation that has succeeded in lowering the intelligence, the morality, the quality of the human race almost throughout the globe is a phenomenon never before experienced since the beginning of time. I accuse the United States of being in a constant state of crime against humanity ... Catholicism has made man stupid, but it has not degraded him; it has introduced as many good and beautiful things as bad things. The United States have simply degraded humanity. Catholicism has done less harm in two thousand years than the United States in two hundred." (italics mine)

-- Henry de Montherlant, Chaos and Night (1963)
Last edited by darwinsturtle on May 6th, 2020, 7:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Go Henry!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Yeah, that Man on the Moon mission was degrading to humanity.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

The Soviet Union made every single major first milestone in space exploration except that one, globetrotter, including the first satellite, first animal in space, first man in space, and the first woman in space. The United States could no longer afford the tarnished image that being beaten by the Soviet Union in every aspect of the space race got them, so they decided to finally do something first.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Powerful, eerie prophecy regarding the US, stated in 196

Post by momopi »

darwinsturtle wrote:"The United States is evil ... it is the canker of the world. The pillars of Hercules of the United States are vulgarity and stupidity ... a single nation that has succeeded in lowering the intelligence, the morality, the quality of the human race almost throughout the globe is a phenomenon never before experienced since the beginning of time. I accuse the United States of being in a constant state of crime against humanity ... Catholicism has made man stupid, but it has not degraded him; it has introduced as many good and beautiful things as bad things. The United States have simply degraded humanity. Catholicism has done less harm in two thousand years than the United States in two hundred." (italics mine)

The quotes has been taken completely out of context. I'll cite one part, the original text (Chaos and Night, page eighteen) reads:

I have in my pocket an article of mine about the United States. It has by way of epigraph a phrase of Trotsky's: "The pillars of Hercules of the United States are vulgarity and stupidity." You know how much there is no alienate me from Trotsky; he could not abide either anarchist or adventurers, "those who express the revolt of the masses only fortuitously".

The quote about the U.S. is from Leon Trotsky's Leçons d'Espagne, written from Marxist perspective. It's not from Montherlant and has nothing to do with any prophecy.
darwinsturtle
Freshman Poster

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by darwinsturtle »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by darwinsturtle on May 6th, 2020, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The American popular culture is the most popular in the world. It is not being forced down anyone's throat for the most part. People voluntarily accept it. Intellectuals and aristocrats despise it as in what you see above , but your average Joe Earthling wants to imitate the US and act American. Or at least act as the media tells him Americans act. Blue jeans, fast food, hot dogs, rock-n-roll appeals to the masses of humans on this planet more than anything else because this culture was made for masses. The US is a trend setter in music, films and many many other things.
While French and Russian intellectualism is superior to rap and other such non intellectual trends, the masses are not capable of appreciating it. Intellectual French movies and books are not for the common man. But they love what America gives them. They create their own versions of US pop culture in their own countries. It is intoxicating!
Who imitates Russia? Who now imitates France? I mean in masses.
Do people want to go and study in France? Very few. People want to go to the US or maybe other countries that look like the US ( to them) - Canada, Oz, Nz.
Intellectuals and high class Euro snobs would never appeal to masses because they despise them. The US popular culture does not. It wants masses to buy its cheap products, tastes, and ideas. And the masses buy those.
While the emptiness of the US pop culture and values may be obvious to Trotsky, it is very fulfilling for an average garden variety human being on the streets of Any Town, Earth.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

Actually, French popular culture is extremely popular in France, much more so than American popular culture. This is because it is heavily promoted to the masses, in large part by the government. In Russia, very little such promotion is done and thus the masses have little idea about Russian popular culture.

In other words, it is being forced down most people's throats - by there being no real alternatives in most countries.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

theyoungagegroup wrote:Actually, French popular culture is extremely popular in France, much more so than American popular culture. This is because it is heavily promoted to the masses, in large part by the government. In Russia, very little such promotion is done and thus the masses have little idea about Russian popular culture.

In other words, it is being forced down most people's throats - by there being no real alternatives in most countries.
Hey better French culture forced down their pie holes than friggin American culture,which is a feeble, mnemonic representation of most other cultures in the world.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

You misunderstood me; I was referring to American culture in the last sentence.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

theyoungagegroup wrote:Actually, French popular culture is extremely popular in France, much more so than American popular culture. This is because it is heavily promoted to the masses, in large part by the government. In Russia, very little such promotion is done and thus the masses have little idea about Russian popular culture.

Well, of course the main culture of a country would be popular in that country- that goes without saying. Because it is natural to them. But after that, it would be American pretty much all over the world. The American music was so popular in France that they had to pass a law that at least 40% of all music must be French or in French. And no one was forcing people to listen to it. They themselves liked it.

And now you have rap in French and rock-n-roll in French- all transplants of American music. People there wear blue jeans and know all American pop stars. The whole world knows them. But the whole world does not know French actors, musicians, etc.

American movies dubbed in the local language are beamed daily into TVs around the world. Virtually everywhere. Except maybe Iran or Lybia. But even there once you get satellite TV the majority will be American. That is what people around the world like. They can turn it off but they don't. If people did not want to watch US movies, then the networks would lose ratings.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is this a catholic prophecy or vision?

"'Masonry, which will then be in power, will enact iniquitous laws with the objective of doing away with this Sacrament, making it easy for everyone to live in sin. The Christian spirit will rapidly decay, extinguishing the precious light of Faith until it reaches the point that there will be an almost total and general corruption of customs. In these unhappy times, there will be unbridled luxury that would conquer innumerable frivolous souls who will be lost. Innocence will almost no longer be found in children, nor modesty in women. In this supreme moment of need of the Church, those who should speak will fall silent.'" 
- 17th century Marian apparition, Our Lady of Good Success
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

momopi wrote:
darwinsturtle wrote:"The United States is evil ... it is the canker of the world. The pillars of Hercules of the United States are vulgarity and stupidity ... a single nation that has succeeded in lowering the intelligence, the morality, the quality of the human race almost throughout the globe is a phenomenon never before experienced since the beginning of time. I accuse the United States of being in a constant state of crime against humanity ... Catholicism has made man stupid, but it has not degraded him; it has introduced as many good and beautiful things as bad things. The United States have simply degraded humanity. Catholicism has done less harm in two thousand years than the United States in two hundred." (italics mine)

The quotes has been taken completely out of context. I'll cite one part, the original text (Chaos and Night, page eighteen) reads:

I have in my pocket an article of mine about the United States. It has by way of epigraph a phrase of Trotsky's: "The pillars of Hercules of the United States are vulgarity and stupidity." You know how much there is no alienate me from Trotsky; he could not abide either anarchist or adventurers, "those who express the revolt of the masses only fortuitously".

The quote about the U.S. is from Leon Trotsky's Leçons d'Espagne, written from Marxist perspective. It's not from Montherlant and has nothing to do with any prophecy.

You are going to get them all confused by your rationality and facts. The slimy tin foil hatters will always rise to the occasional with their total mental flatulence. There is nothing too demented, irrational or bizarre to not be hoisted up breathlessly on this forum.
What sensible woman would want to be hooked up to a crackpot? They seem incapable of making this connection...

Insightful analysis will prove exponentially more productive as prophesy than all this tooting...