Happy Thanksgiving!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by jamesbond »

I hope everyone has a safe and happy thanksgiving! The holidays are a nice time to spend some time with family members who you may not see that much. Just think, in one month it will be Christmas already!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah time sure flies doesn't it?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Thanks to you for all your contributions here and bringing variety to our discussion.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner, whether you have it with family or alone. lol

I love vegetarian turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and yams. I'm one of the few that like yams. They are sweet and tasty. I don't understand why most people don't like them.

You can get vegetarian turkey at the co op or health food store. It is VERY good and tasty and hits the spot. You'll be surprised. So if you want to help save a turkey's life this year, try getting one of those.

I wish they had them overseas but I can't find them in Asia. That's one thing I miss about America. They got veggieburgers, tofu dogs, veggie bacon, and vegetarian turkey and they taste VERY GOOD.

See if they have Trader Joe's in your area. They have a lot of healthy tasty good organic and vegetarian food.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Most of us constantly compare ourselves with those who have more than us, which makes us feel down and inadequate. But like Momopi told me once, there are billions of people worse off than you, so you should appreciate what you have.

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I think we should learn to do that today!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:I love vegetarian turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and yams. I'm one of the few that like yams. They are sweet and tasty. I don't understand why most people don't like them.
I think I saw cases of yams at Costco for $5 last night, so if anyone is looking for them (or possibly sweet potatoes) in the US, you can check Costco. Remember to open the box and check the yams, some might be spoiled.

Many East Asians are not big on baked/mashed potatoes, but you can cook the smaller potatoes and squeeze them through a potato ricer ($20). Then it looks just like rice, hehehehe.

Vegetarian turkey would probably be hard to find in TW, but I'm pretty sure you can get vegetarian chicken and duck.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi, when you return to the US, you should go to the co op or health food store and try the vegetarian turkey I'm talking about. It comes in a tin foil type of tray, kind of expensive, but really really hits the spot.

The big tofu frankfurter hot dogs are also very tasty and come in many flavors, such as smoked hickory, pepper, tomato and basil, etc. Try them sometime instead of real hot dogs. Before I left the US last year, I bought a ton of them to take with me back to the Philippines.

So there's a Costco in China? Is it like the US? Do they serve pizza in the deli there? The pizza at Costco is also very tasty and hits the spot. I used to eat it every day when I sold cell phones for Cingular Wireless next door. It really hit the spot but was fattening.

Compared to that, the pizza in Taiwan is horrible, even in Pizza Hut.
Last edited by Winston on November 24th, 2010, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a picture of the vegetarian turkey I'm talking about.

Here is a picture of the tofu jumbo dogs I stocked up on when I was in the US. The brand is called Tofurky. They should be available in most mainstream supermarkets. They come in many flavors too such as smoked hickory, tomato and basil, pepper, etc. Try them out sometime. You'll be surprised how delicious they are.

Here's what the big pizza slice from Costco looks like that I was talking about. As you can see, it's very thick and rich in cheese and oil. Too bad this is hard to find in Asia. The Costco in Taiwan has something similar but smaller and not as good.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Love Costo Pizza!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I wish I had the money to buy a PS3 because I'm jones'in for GT5, its been a long wait for that game.

My mom makes great Thanksgiving Dinner, you can only HOPE the woman you marry can burn like your mother. That's such a distance memory for most men, especially in Urban areas I don't see how they tolerate it.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

PS3 for GT5?! I saw that the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remastered game pack is coming out. Now I am interested in PS3!!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Terrence wrote:PS3 for GT5?! I saw that the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remastered game pack is coming out. Now I am interested in PS3!!
I had a chance to buy it at launch. I wasn't one of the people that complained it cost too much, I just didn't make enough money between car payments and just living to spend $400+ on it.

When my father died and I got Life Insurance Money, I could have bought one, but wanted to wait for GTHD which got canceled.

Last tax return I had to keep that money to live on since the full grunt of the recession hit hard in early 2010.

Now since I haven't worked since Feb 2010 next tax return will be tiny and my LCD took a crap, I'm going to try and fix it.

My friend might connect me with a job as his Server Company, so I might be able to get one after all. I would be out waiting for Black Friday if I had any money...
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Things are that bad in American, huh? I am not surprised. I know some artists, guys who worked on big shows like Battlestar Gallactica and Stargate, who are having trouble getting work. Some are looking abroad at the CG houses and game shops in Singapore or Malaysia.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan