I Love Winston Wu Cause He's A Rebel

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Post by LukeSkywalker »

What a load of crock. Wu's been living a great life in the Philippines, and you know it.

You bashers aren't going to stop me, that's for sure.

You think you are so "intelligent and learned", but in reality you have nothing useful to say. Only trash and bashing.

Somebody kick these guys off already.
Koholznik
Freshman Poster

Post by Koholznik »

What a load of crock. Wu's been living a great life in the Philippines, and you know it.
I guess that all depends on your interpretation of a 'great' life? Personally, I don't find much appeal to hanging-around a Third World-shithole, banging bar hookers between composing drivel for my post-adolescent Internet fan club - but, to each his own.
You bashers aren't going to stop me, that's for sure.
Oh, grow-up! Nobody is trying to stop you, ass-clown! By all means, follow Wu's example and see where it gets you? If paying for p***y is what you want to do, go for it.
You think you are so "intelligent and learned", but in reality you have nothing useful to say. Only trash and bashing.
Especially to dumb-ass kids, like you, who only want validation for your constant failure with American women. Newsflash, genius: if you can't make it happen at home, you ain't gonna have any better luck overseas - unless you PAY for it, like your hero does. To me, only a LOSER pays for p***y.
Somebody kick these guys off already.
Somebody call a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance! Boo-hoo-hoo!

LMAO :lol:

Koholznik
Last edited by Koholznik on September 19th, 2007, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I_PatriaTexefor_efl
Freshman Poster

The WebelWU

Post by I_PatriaTexefor_efl »

Lukey:

Gather control of The Force, you must!! In other words, quit fondling that light saber of yours for just a moment, if that's even possible.

The Phils are a great place to visit, but I would suggest you do a bit of research outside of what Ultimate Legend Wu has planted in your mind. Living there sure would be good, but you DO need to just a bit of research and learning about the country BEFORE you go.

First, The Philippines has some seriously bad poverty. We're talking about the kind of poverty that makes South Central LA resemble a country club. Whole families live in dilapidated shacks right beside a mountain sized garbage dump. You could set yourself up together with Wu in your own little shanty by the river once Auntie Shirl takes control of the situation up Angeles way, but I do digress at times....

Then, you must think about such trivialities as financing how you'll live once in country. I'm hoping you don't think you can survive on a local wage?!?! Have you been convinced(or hypnotized) by Wu into thinking this is remotely possible?? Well, Penobscot, you are really in for a very downward shift in your living standards, that's for sure.

By all fuckin' available means, head on to The Philippines without any remnant of a plan and see where it gets ya...................

I_Patriatexefor_efl
OJ Simpson got away with murder, but he couldn't outrun KARMA.................
adam917
Freshman Poster

Re: The WebelWU

Post by adam917 »

I_PatriaTexefor_efl wrote:Lukey:

Gather control of The Force, you must!! In other words, quit fondling that light saber of yours for just a moment, if that's even possible.

The Phils are a great place to visit, but I would suggest you do a bit of research outside of what Ultimate Legend Wu has planted in your mind. Living there sure would be good, but you DO need to just a bit of research and learning about the country BEFORE you go.

First, The Philippines has some seriously bad poverty. We're talking about the kind of poverty that makes South Central LA resemble a country club. Whole families live in dilapidated shacks right beside a mountain sized garbage dump. You could set yourself up together with Wu in your own little shanty by the river once Auntie Shirl takes control of the situation up Angeles way, but I do digress at times....

Then, you must think about such trivialities as financing how you'll live once in country. I'm hoping you don't think you can survive on a local wage?!?! Have you been convinced(or hypnotized) by Wu into thinking this is remotely possible?? Well, Penobscot, you are really in for a very downward shift in your living standards, that's for sure.

By all fuckin' available means, head on to The Philippines without any remnant of a plan and see where it gets ya...................

I_Patriatexefor_efl
I would suggest visiting first, to see if it is your thing. It makes no sense to just go to live there without ever visiting before.

Your best bet at a decent income after going there is probably on-line business/work based in a country where you can make that nation's wage and live where you want.
Chemist
Freshman Poster

Post by Chemist »

Out of all the "Wu-Bashers", you and Chemist are the ones who are at least logical and reasonable, or at least you have been when I have seen you here.

But Chemist is a snob, and not helpful at all. You have been reasonable and even somewhat helpful.

Sorry, I'll try and use smaller words next time. But I can't guarantee it.

Look Luke, you're still in college. You still have the rest of your life ahead of you. You can learn so much if you are careful about who you choose for role models. You don't even have to choose the life I chose, but be smart.

I think that you're looking for the easy way, and if I'm a snob for telling you that there really isn't one, then so be it.

I also think that you can benefit from a little more dating experience. Get up from the keyboard and try and date some women. Then come back and tell me how different they are.

Frankly, I think your standards are quite low. Anybody who gets excited about a couple of polish girls who don't speak english allowing you to sit at their table, has their bar set pretty low. And you're trying to convince me that this makes them better than American women?

It's time to man up or you'll get eaten alive!
There is no sense complaining. Half of the people you talk to won't care. The other half will think you deserved it!
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Post by LukeSkywalker »

Chemist wrote:Out of all the "Wu-Bashers", you and Chemist are the ones who are at least logical and reasonable, or at least you have been when I have seen you here.

But Chemist is a snob, and not helpful at all. You have been reasonable and even somewhat helpful.

Sorry, I'll try and use smaller words next time. But I can't guarantee it.

Look Luke, you're still in college. You still have the rest of your life ahead of you. You can learn so much if you are careful about who you choose for role models. You don't even have to choose the life I chose, but be smart.

I think that you're looking for the easy way, and if I'm a snob for telling you that there really isn't one, then so be it.

I also think that you can benefit from a little more dating experience. Get up from the keyboard and try and date some women. Then come back and tell me how different they are.

Frankly, I think your standards are quite low. Anybody who gets excited about a couple of polish girls who don't speak english allowing you to sit at their table, has their bar set pretty low. And you're trying to convince me that this makes them better than American women?

It's time to man up or you'll get eaten alive!
Chemist, I have done way more than that with women. That wasn't the point of me telling that story. The point was that I was excited because it was something that Wu said would work, and I didn't know whether or not it would work. Usually in the United States you have to "game" women. (And I've been able to do that to some extent, but I've never been real good.) That is, unless you are in rural Michigan. Some of the girls there really are as sweet as pie. Sweet, demure farm girls and such. And they really will admire your qualities as a man rather than just how well you can "game" them. In the USA, those are really the only girls I have ever connected with.

And also the only culture I've really connected with is the rural Michigan culture. I've connected with the rural Ohio culture a lot, too, but not as much as the rural Michigan culture.

Unfortunately I've been stuck away at college for so long and also in other programs that I don't have as much time to drive up from the Detroit Metropolitan Area (where I live) to Muskegon as I used to. In other words, I haven't had a whole big chunk of summer to be there like I did when I met my girlfriend who was from that area when I was 18.

The thing is, it's very interesting how in Poland and in other countries people are just so much more open and welcoming than they are here in the United States, even more so than in the rural areas of the United States, where people seem to be the most closely bonded.

Besides Chemist, it was more than just them allowing me to sit at their table. These people spend their afternoons and evenings with each other, meaning hours and hours and hours. Like Wu said, the attitude is more open and free and amiable there than it is in the United States, and that is what really struck me when I went to Poland.

I know that there is no easy way in life, do you think I'm a fool? I'm one of the hardest workers in my entire college. Probably the hardest worker.

Chemist I just want to end by saying that I still think you're a snob. And it has nothing to do with you using big words. You're just a snob in general.
I just want to let you know that if I really wanted to, I could move to Muskegon and live there for the rest of my days and I would probably have a happy life there.

But I want to see more of the world, and I want to experience more of the world outside of the Midwest and the United States. So that is what I am going to do.

-------------------

By the way Chemist, are you actually a real chemist, or is that just your screen name?
Chemist
Freshman Poster

Post by Chemist »

Luke,
Perhaps the differences you notice have more to do with rural women versus urban rather than American versus Abroad.

And I don't think you have given full consideration to the fact that you are just the same guy as all the others in America, but overseas you are a stranger in a strange land and an interesting novelty to people who are interested in learning more about Americans. I've known of people who have moved semi-permanently overseas and that novelty does wear off eventually, you would need other qualities in order to remain desirable. On the other side of the coin, I've talked to nationals from these countries and the tend to regard American expats overseas as cheap, arrogant and exclusive.

It's interesting to me that American testimonials from overseas are so uplifting about how friendly people are and how popular they are with the ladies while the nationals from these countries don't seem to be to impressed with Americans.

To say that nonwestern women are better after playing tourist for a few weeks isn't anything substantial in my opinion. But maybe because I set the bar a little higher. Maybe that's why you think I'm a snob. And what you and Winston regard as "being more successful" is a little unclear at times.

By the way Chemist, are you actually a real chemist, or is that just your screen name?

I am a real chemist. I have a masters degree and have been working in the field for about ten years.
There is no sense complaining. Half of the people you talk to won't care. The other half will think you deserved it!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Chemist wrote:I also think that you can benefit from a little more dating experience. Get up from the keyboard and try and date some women. Then come back and tell me how different they are.
Chemist, you seem really hellbent on steering people back to western women and back to the concept of "dating". You have yet to present a single reason why either should be considered desirable.

Dating is an invented concept. It's a product of an era that no longer exists, and a recent era at that (less than 80 years old) . It is a facet of consumerism and specific to culture. (the shifting of the setting of courtship from the domestic to the public area creates many opportunities around which to build clever marketing)

Most places I have traveled to don't even have a word for "dating" or, like Japan, they borrow ours, because they try so hard to be like America. The reason they have no such word is that they don't do it. Or didn't, in some cases, before global media popularized the concept. There's nothing natural about it. The flow of meeting people and possibly falling in love has absolutely nothing to do with it.

As for western women, or certainly American women, enough has been said of them, but I have yet to see one reason present as to why they should be considered desirable either.

Do you have something against Americans dating foreign women?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Redd_Hitler
Freshman Poster

Post by Redd_Hitler »

You are missing Chemist's point here Terrence. He is not trying to turn Luke off Russian women. He is trying to explain to him the novelty factor he has when he visits with these Polish girls for example. Luke doesnt seem to grasp the concept that to these women he is a novelty for the first few weeks. Once the novelty wears off then Luke will have to rely on his personality. This happened with Wu and when the novelty wore off with women around him in the FSU they quickly grew sick and tired of him.

With Luke he is still a child. He has no real life experience yet he is making all these braindead statements. Chemist is right when he says Luke should get more real dating experience with women before making these bold assessments he does. Even though Luke likes to rag on American women by his own admission he clicks with the rural Michigan girls and finds them attractive.
Q. Why does Winston like to play his video’s of his whore exploits backwards?

A. Because he likes to see the whore’s giving him money.
Chemist
Freshman Poster

Post by Chemist »

Redd Hitler does have a good idea on what I'm trying to get across to some of you.

Many of Winston's most vocal supporters are still in college and barely beginning their lives. Of course the world seems to resemble what Winston is describing to them. However, most of Winston's critics tend to be more established in life, more solvent, more familiar with human nature and have a strong indentity of self. So we don't tend to be led around by our willy (at least not exclusively). This should tell you something. The world we know is not the world that Winston and others describe.

Wouldn't you want to do everything possible to maximize success overseas? Then you need to know how to relate to women and other people. This means going out on dates, holding a full time job, and practicing hobbies. And the United States is probably the safest place to do this because if you do something stupid, nothing seriously bad will happen to you. Overseas, the consequences could be more severe.

If you have no social life, you have no basis for comparison. Once you know western women well enough, then you can compare them with foreign women.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Chemist wrote:Then you need to know how to relate to women and other people. This means going out on dates, holding a full time job, and practicing hobbies.
This is exactly what I am trying to make a point against. This idea. I don't believe for a second that this is even remotely true and my experience is completely contrary to this.

Now possibly "date" means something different to you than it does to me. To me, a date is a manufactured, fake experience with fake rules and has little to do with spending meaningful time with anyone. I don't go on dates. I can't remember ever going on one nor do I plan to ever go on one. I didn't "date" in foreign countries either. That has never stopped me from spending meaningful time with women.

I don't hold down a full time job. I don't intend to ever do so again. Of course, I will if I have to, but I certainly don't plan on it. I could go on for pages about why I would not work for someone else, but suffice it to say that I agree with much of what Steve Pavlina has written here.

I have nothing against practicing hobbies. ;)

My point, though, is these are ideas that are part of a "system" that happens to be our current cultural reality. They are no more necessary than the "system" of 100 years ago, before "dating" even existed, or the "system" of ancient Babylon. To me that's not life. That's not living.

Anyone who wants to think outside that system and try to carve a new road into the ground, however young they may be, I would rather encourage them than tell to just do what everyone else is doing. People are going to make mistakes. I sure did. I'm still here and I'm the better for it.

Maybe traveling to a strange country with a small amount of money is not the best idea in the world. Then again, I don't know of anyone who ever accomplished anything great by playing it safe. If someone is going to make those kinds of mistakes, better it be while they are young. I think it would be far worse to have a complacent, risk averse attitude set in when there is so much ahead of them.

Let me say, though, I am not advocating anyone take a small amount of money and hop on a plane. But the fact is I did stuff like that when I was Luke's age and I had great adventures and great experiences.

In fact, you guys just made me realize what my next website is going to be about. ;)
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I don't hold down a full time job. I don't intend to ever do so again. Of course, I will if I have to, but I certainly don't plan on it. I could go on for pages about why I would not work for someone else, but suffice it to say that I agree with much of what Steve Pavlina has written here.
Well, if I can do what Steve did, I'd certainly be a happy camper. :D I currently have a wage slave job at a hospital, with a nasty female manager who hates everyone who is isnt gay or a corporate toadie, and it blows.

I think the point others are trying to get across though, is that one should have some experience, and a viable means of income before you take the plunge and move to another country which may have a less stable infrastructure than the US.

BTW Terrance, I think I remember you making a comment in another thread about having visited China at some point. What was that like? Did you do any kind of work there?
Chemist
Freshman Poster

Post by Chemist »

Terrence,
I struggle with the concept of why people, such as yourself, are so much against making a decent living.

Sorry, I don't see the concept of going overseas to sleep with go go girls as an innovative one. Nor is it thinking outside of the box. There's a reason why prostitution is called the world's oldest profession.

A sex tourist may see himself as being enlightened or fighting against the system. But if his accomplishments don't rival those of highly motivated and talented individuals, who are they trying to fool? Themselves? Not me!

You say that you wouldn't recommend going overseas without much money. So how would you get some? A job seems to be a likely means to that end. If you find yourself in a dead end job, change it! But a job will have other positive impacts in your life. You will learn how to relate to people of different personalities and temperment. You will learn how to solve problems which demand innovative thinking and thinking outside of the box to a high degree. You will learn how to discuss and critically evaluate ideas.

I find it laughable that certain types of people think they are fighting or resisting the system and the cliquish mentality of America while rejecting the means you can use to change your fate.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Enishi wrote:
BTW Terrance, I think I remember you making a comment in another thread about having visited China at some point. What was that like? Did you do any kind of work there?
Yes, but it was for a Japanese company so the pay was competitive with US pay rates. Currently, numerous Japanese media companies in print, video games and animation are seizing opportunities in China and capitalizing on the huge gap between the economies.

There's also a lot of raw talent in China which has yet to get the exposure deserved.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Chemist wrote:Terrence,
I struggle with the concept of why people, such as yourself, are so much against making a decent living.
I wish I could say I struggle with the concept of why people see a job, or working for someone else, as the only path to a decent living. Unfortunately, I know from experience that it happens to be the majority mindset and entrepreneurship is generally looked down upon. That is, of course until the IPO.

I am not against anything so much as I am strongly for doing what you want to do. Far too many have the path of the doctor, lawyer or engineer crammed down their throat when they truly desire to be a musician, actor, film maker or video game designer.
Chemist wrote:Sorry, I don't see the concept of going overseas to sleep with go go girls as an innovative one.
I don't either. But, then, I also don't see how we jumped from working for a living to sex tourism.
Chemist wrote:A sex tourist may see himself as being enlightened or fighting against the system. But if his accomplishments don't rival those of highly motivated and talented individuals, who are they trying to fool? Themselves? Not me!
I'm not entirely sure where you're going here. Sex tourism does not make the tourist money so I can hardly see it as an accomplishment at all. Not to say that a worthy accomplishment must involve financial gain, but I think it should at least be in some way creative, in the general sense.

If this was in reference to being against dating and consumerism, you don't have to go anywhere to fight against that. You just don't do it.
Chemist wrote:You say that you wouldn't recommend going overseas without much money. So how would you get some?
Are you asking how I, personally, would do it? I would use the net and leverage any knowledge or skill I may have for a quick cash injection. Just one example, I recently created a quick video course for indie content creators. It took 4 or 5 days to make. I sell it for about $100 and it still makes money to this day while I have moved on to other things.
Chemist wrote:A job seems to be a likely means to that end. If you find yourself in a dead end job, change it! But a job will have other positive impacts in your life. You will learn how to relate to people of different personalities and temperment. You will learn how to solve problems which demand innovative thinking and thinking outside of the box to a high degree. You will learn how to discuss and critically evaluate ideas.
This is certainly true. However, working on a small indie film, just as an example, would cover all those bases. There's nothing saying that any business endeavor must be a solo effort.
Chemist wrote:I find it laughable that certain types of people think they are fighting or resisting the system and the cliquish mentality of America while rejecting the means you can use to change your fate.
As I mentioned before, I am not against jobs as long it is what someone wants. There was a time when the video game industry was a great place to work, and I absolutely loved working for companies like EA.

But as mentioned in the article I posted, in a job you are trading your time for money. Well, once you have the money you want, and go overseas, you have lost that source of income. After all, you don't make money if you're not there. It might also take years to save up an amount that would allow you to go anywhere.

By switching from a service based income to a product based income, you can generate funds no matter where you are or what time of day. You can make money while you sleep.