Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Vick's beatdown

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Vick's beatdown

Postby onezero4u » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:27 pm

anyone watch minnesota's defense beat down on Michael vick sacking him 6 times and knocking him on his ass another 6 times.

it did my canine loving heart good to see him limping around towards the end of the game....ahhhhh
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm







Postby Fenix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Michael Vick is still getting too much flack for his past actions. He did a crime and did his time. One of the best comebacks in modern sports and an anchor on CNN says Vick should be "executed." We all make mistakes and what Vick did was brutal, but what he did is not as bad as what happened to that little girl Zara. Parents killing her and disposing of her body. I just don't get it. You have your opinion and I respect it.
Fenix
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:30 am
Location: The Deadpool

Postby onezero4u » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 am

a mistake is lending your keys to a drunk friend & they run over a dog...running, promoting and participating in a dog fighting circuit and torturing the losing dogs is sub-human and beyond even the widest reach of the word mistake.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:52 am

People have no idea how big underground dog fighting is and how BLOODLINES of various dogs (i.e Tudor) are more respected and coveted then with humans.


Back in 1996 or so, I was a young kid and I had (and still do) an obsession with American Pit Bull Terriers, Bull Terriers, Amstafs and other bull breeds. I loved how they were muscular, super strong, aggressive, and absolutely fearless (basically traits that I would like to have in myself). A little 70lbs bull terrier can bring an angry 1500lbs bull to the ground, and at the least, the dog will fight it to the death.

Anyhow, I submerged myself in all the books I could get my hands on and would read the underground magazines that were published for "dog men" (guys who fight pit bulls or breed them). Richard Stratton was my favorite author, he would take you back to the 1930's describing famous dogs and had all the pictures to go along with it.

Moving along, around this time I met a guy who was walking his bull terrier out in the street around my old neighborhood and I befriended him because bull terriers are rare for people to have because Americans for at least in the past 30 years have been in the labrador retriever/golden retriever dog loving phase.

Well the guy quickly became interested in me, and trusted me, because he knew I knew my stuff, and as it turns out, the guy was also a police officer and he not only had a bull terrier but he also had 2-3 pit bulls that he kept at another house.

So after meeting up with him to talk dogs, Ford mustangs (in to that too), and other guy stuff he invited me to see a "match." I could not believe it, he was a police officer!

So I went, I believe I sneaked out the house because the match started pretty late, and to be honest, I also went because he told me female strippers would be there. This was my first time going to see something I have read about so much.

Jumping ahead, everything I read was all true, they washed and weighed the dogs, people placed bets, there was box with carpet, but I did not see any strippers...lol

Well the match I saw lasted about 40 minutes and in the beginning I said to myself it wasn't so bad until about 15 minutes in blood was coming out both dogs and they were starting to get chewed up pretty bad. At that point, I did not like it anymore and I looked at everybody else with disgust but I kept it inward because I was in a cold warehouse with a bunch of adult men who could kill me and for me to be never seen again.

After the match was over I got even more upset because no underground veterinarians were around and the owners of the dogs did not know WHAT THE F**** they were doing! The one guy just carried his dog out to the car with no medical attention dripping blood and veins coming out and that was the last I saw of it. At the very least the dogs should have gotten IV injection of saline solution.


Well during the ride home in a frozen state of shock that dog fighting was not what I thought it was, the guy then told me that most of the other guys that were there were high ranking police officers which was another shock to me because I no longer felt safe in my own city if the boys in blue could be behind this. Needless to say, after that night, we eventually stopped talking to each other because he knew that I did not go that far into the "sport."

Fast forward about 4-5 years later, before I left the state for collage, the same guy (the cop) who took me to the match and a few other cops were on the news because they got busted for operating a dog fighting ring. I was so glad I walked away from it; and no I had nothing to do with how those guys got busted.




As far as Michael Vick, he is a FAKE dog man. I saw his stock on the news and most of his training stuff. The guy does not know how to properly condition a dog and take care of it. It's really an art and a science to training a dog. Guys like Mr. Vick like to have pitbulls to maintain a tough image, or they just like to see animals fight each other without any care if the animals are properly conditioned without any care if they get hurt. It's the same with the Mexicans who fight with birds.

And on a side note, any person who watches the barbaric "sport" of football is not to far from Michel Vick and company because watching grown men slam and brutally collide into each other is VERY detrimental to the brain and spine. Dumb ass Americans don't even know that football is a refined form of the ancient gladiator event that took place in Rome where people would fight people or exotic animals to the death.

A few months ago a player at Rutgers Univ was paralyzed from the neck down after a tackle. His mother is poor and it's her only son yet people don't seem to care about it. People have no idea that football players have mental issues later on in their lives, at 25-30 years old have the spine of a 40/50 year old, and for MANY others total knee/hip and other bone replacement will be in order!

Football is just a meat market and when you are all used up, they will toss you like an old bone so you better hope you saved your money because you will need it for your medical bills.

Anyhow back to Vick, the way he killed dogs tells me he does not care for the breed and that he lacks any kind of soul. I don't care how rich that guy is or how well he can play, the guy is empty inside and I hate him.

As far as pitbulls I'm not for fighting them anymore at all; that was entertainment for the coal miners who lived hard short lives in the 1800s in England. They need to challenge the dogs in other ways that is humane that can come close to determine if the dog is dead game.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:14 am

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Michael Vick is still getting too much flack for his past actions. He did a crime and did his time. One of the best comebacks in modern sports and an anchor on CNN says Vick should be "executed." We all make mistakes and what Vick did was brutal, but what he did is not as bad as what happened to that little girl Zara. Parents killing her and disposing of her body. I just don't get it. You have your opinion and I respect it.


ha ha, you look like 2pac!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby FreeYourMind » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:21 am

Northamericanguy wrote:

And on a side note, any person who watches the barbaric "sport" of football is not to far from Michel Vick and company because watching grown men slam and brutally collide into each other is VERY detrimental to the brain and spine.

A few months ago a player at Rutgers Univ was paralyzed from the neck down after a tackle. His mother is poor and it's her only son yet people don't seem to care about it. People have no idea that football players have mental issues later on in their lives, at 25-30 years old have the spine of a 40/50 year old, and for MANY others total knee/hip and other bone replacement will be in order!

Football is just a meat market and when you are all used up the will toss you so you better hope you saved your money because you will need it for your medical bills.

Anyhow back to Vick, the way he killed dogs tells me he does not care for the breed and that he lacks any kind of soul. I don't care how rich that guy is or how well he can play, the guy is empty inside and I hate him.

As far as pitbulls I'm not for fighting them anymore at all; that was entertainment for the coal miners who lived hard short lives in the 1800s in England. They need to challenge the dogs in other ways that is humane that can come close to determine if the dog is dead game.



There's nothing remotely close about dog fighting and watching or playing football. Millions of boys and men play football every year; a few out of those millions get seriously hurt. The players in the NFL get paid millions of dollars to train and play football for 6 months out of the year. There's also something called assumption of risk; those that play football know there's a slight chance they could get seriously hurt; dogs have no choice in the matter and are usually seriously hurt and then killed. It's as inhumane as it gets.

For all that Vick had going for him, he has to have some very serious character defects to have run a dog fighting ring. He paid his debt to society but he's also very fortunate to have been able to resume his football career. As an animal lover i will never root for him.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:51 am

FreeYourMind wrote:
Northamericanguy wrote:

And on a side note, any person who watches the barbaric "sport" of football is not to far from Michel Vick and company because watching grown men slam and brutally collide into each other is VERY detrimental to the brain and spine.

A few months ago a player at Rutgers Univ was paralyzed from the neck down after a tackle. His mother is poor and it's her only son yet people don't seem to care about it. People have no idea that football players have mental issues later on in their lives, at 25-30 years old have the spine of a 40/50 year old, and for MANY others total knee/hip and other bone replacement will be in order!

Football is just a meat market and when you are all used up the will toss you so you better hope you saved your money because you will need it for your medical bills.

Anyhow back to Vick, the way he killed dogs tells me he does not care for the breed and that he lacks any kind of soul. I don't care how rich that guy is or how well he can play, the guy is empty inside and I hate him.

As far as pitbulls I'm not for fighting them anymore at all; that was entertainment for the coal miners who lived hard short lives in the 1800s in England. They need to challenge the dogs in other ways that is humane that can come close to determine if the dog is dead game.



There's nothing remotely close about dog fighting and watching or playing football. Millions of boys and men play football every year; a few out of those millions get seriously hurt. The players in the NFL get paid millions of dollars to train and play football for 6 months out of the year. There's also something called assumption of risk; those that play football know there's a slight chance they could get seriously hurt; dogs have no choice in the matter and are usually seriously hurt and then killed. It's as inhumane as it gets.

For all that Vick had going for him, he has to have some very serious character defects to have run a dog fighting ring. He paid his debt to society but he's also very fortunate to have been able to resume his football career. As an animal lover i will never root for him.


I see your point, and I can meet you half way, but I disagree that a "few" get hurt, and I disagree that many of these guys have a choice.

As far as injuries, the average career is only 3 years long mainly due to injury and the NFL is now imposing fines on brutal hits because the data is getting back to them regarding brain injuries. And now the veteran players are going to government to force the NFL to do something about this. Also, the older players who built the NFL never got those millions of dollars. Those old guys are going into the graves penniless after living a senior life using walkers, canes, and living in and out of homeless shelters.


"The group wants to open a dialogue on brain injuries in professional football, discuss the latest research and begin developing recommendations to keep players safer.

The committee was named in honor of two Hall of Famers -- tight end John Mackey, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and defensive lineman Reggie White, who earned the nickname "The Minister of Defense" and died at 43 after retiring from the NFL.

"It's something very close to my heart," Youngblood said. "I became much more aware of it as I was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and got to know John Mackey more than just a guy at a cocktail party, and to see how ravaging brain injury and brain trauma can be."

Congress recently questioned NFL players and doctors about football head injuries. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell testified in October about his league's concussion policies.
"


http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4860755

Another good article: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 46,00.html






And as far as a choice, many of these guys come from the poor areas of the crime ridden cities and unless they play football they could not even afford to go to collage, let alone find a good paying job that could provide them a decent living to take care of their families.

Regardless if you care about or not, our labor system sucks, and it's partly the reason as to why people sell drugs, prostitute themselves, or put themselves in harms way (i.e football, pro rodeo) just to make a buck. It's not like most of these guys have well off parents and just decide to pay ball for the love of it; they know it's a first class ticket out of poverty; legally. That does not sound like a choice under no pressure, it's more of a choice made in survival mode and there is a BIG difference.


You know, its the same with sex tourism. You think all these Asian girls want to be on the streets selling their bodies for the fun/heck of it?? No, most of them are doing it for the money and the fact that it can get them out of poverty. It's the same thing.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby FreeYourMind » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:32 am

Northamericanguy wrote:
FreeYourMind wrote:
Northamericanguy wrote:

And as far as a choice, many of these guys come from the poor areas of the crime ridden cities and unless they play football they could not even afford to go to collage, let alone find a good paying job that could provide them a decent living to take care of their families.

Regardless if you care about or not, our labor system sucks, and it's partly the reason as to why people sell drugs, prostitute themselves, or put themselves in harms way (i.e football, pro rodeo) just to make a buck. It's not like most of these guys have well off parents and just decide to pay ball for the love of it; they know it's a first class ticket out of poverty; legally. That does not sound like a choice under no pressure, it's more of a choice made in survival mode and there is a BIG difference.

You know, its the same with sex tourism. You think all these Asian girls want to be on the streets selling their bodies for the fun/heck of it?? No, most of them are doing it for the money and the fact that it can get them out of poverty. It's the same thing.


It is a choice, but I don't disagree with the rest of what you say. I'm an advocate of free enterprise but strongly opposed to monopoly capitalism, which is quickly bringing back feudalism. The few at the top are plundering and pillaging everyone else, and the U.S. political system for all intents and purposes has been closed to anyone who isn't a front man for them. So yeah, the labor system does suck. But Michael Vick is a big-time scumbag and it won't surprise me if he screws up again.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Postby globetrotter » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 am

'torturing the losing dogs'

Reprehensible in your culture, part of preparing the animal for slaughter (and food) in another.

It's a dog. It's not a person. People are more important than animals.

In many parts of the world dogs are treated no more kindly than as a large rat. They run wild in the streets, they are pests, and they are often eaten for food.

In many countries a dog is just like a squirrel, a bird, a rat or any other animal that lives in an urban area and eats what humans leave behind, living wild in the streets.

This is why being called a dog is a huge insult in many Arab and Persian cultures, and why the PRC referred to Americans as 'capitalist running dogs'.

======

zǒugǒu (走狗) = lapdog, often translated into English as "running dog", it means an unprincipled person who helps or flatters other, more powerful and often evil people; in use in this sense since the Qing Dynasty.

gǒutuǐzi (狗腿子) / gǒutuǐ (狗腿) = variant of zǒugǒu (走狗) (lit. "running dog" or "dog legs"; this term was often used in the 20th century by communists to refer to client states of the United States and other capitalist powers)
globetrotter
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mattyman, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests