Are men dying prematurely in America and the West?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Woman'sview
Freshman Poster

Post by Woman'sview »

S_Parc wrote:
well-informed wrote:im from NYC
Yeah, I'm from Boston and what's funny is that despite our cities' respective never-ending sports (& food) rivalries, what we have in common is possibly the largest concentration of men hating femi-nazis on the globe. This is where we're in full accordance.
S_Parc, I used to live in Boston. You are going to probably find those people you are talking about in the many universities in Boston and other college towns in Massachusetts.
Their are small communities in Boston however that uphold traditional male/female relationships, but you would have to seek them out, because they are very rare. But I did see them.
Woman'sview
Freshman Poster

Post by Woman'sview »

well-informed wrote:thanks im not from a rural town, im from NYC and both of my parents are dominican. Thank you for the advice

If i do get married its going to be a girl from either DR, South America or the Phils. I speak fluent Spanish and i've had relationships with foreign women and it's so much more better. I know there still risks but it's less likely to happen than with american women.

One college professor of mine told me the 2 most important things a man must do; chosing your career and who you end up marrying.
If i do marry it has to be from a foreign girl
Yea, well-informed, you'd be wise to take the advice of your college professor.
Woman'sview
Freshman Poster

Post by Woman'sview »

S_Parc wrote:well-informed:

BTW, there's a town, 3 hrs from NYC and 2.5 hrs from Boston called Northampton Mass. This is the college town, northeast corridor capital of Castrating Lesbian Femi-Nazis. Their main recruiting center over there is Smith College but everywhere you go on their Main St strip, men are treated like trash barrels. I've even heard of men being physically beaten by butch lesbians for simply chatting with *softer* prospective gals. And no, this isn't the Lesbian night at the clubs, it's at the Laundry mats, Theatres, & other places where young people hang out.

Don't be fooled by its outward appearance, it is not a New England outing town, it's a hate camp.

I went there with a former girlfriend of mine and all eyes were on her & lots of loathing was aimed at me. Yes, none of those eyes were guys, they were all women.

So if you want to go for a cruise in the countryside, X off this locale.
Why do they hate men so much.
rome86
Freshman Poster

Post by rome86 »

human robots my goodness this is madness... a robot has no feelings ..it has no vibe , no seduction skills man this is crazy .. I hope that virus will stay in the US .. I do not want it to spead like in resident evil :D
hello
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Woman'sview wrote:Not all women are looking for a provider these days, though, S_Parc.
And your point is ...?

I was simply stating my final *close* interactions with Massachusetts women during ages 28-29. That's when I was most "attractive", according to my peers. I no longer bother; I'm happy with my present situation as you can guess.

And I many ways, I disagree with your economic optimization; many more couples are dual income, esp to get into high mark-up real estate in the northeast cities with good school district towns. Thus, it's prudent for a women, white or blue collar, to have a second source of income before diving into housing.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Woman'sview wrote:Their are small communities in Boston however that uphold traditional male/female relationships, but you would have to seek them out, because they are very rare. But I did see them.
Misdirection, part deux.

I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life. What you're talking about are the insular groupings of Catholics, Cambodians, etc. Yes, I have friends of all denominations & races but when it comes to dating, they stick to their own. And I don't care for the extremely westernized Cambodian-Americans either.
Last edited by S_Parc on February 1st, 2011, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Woman'sview wrote:S_Parc, I used to live in Boston. You are going to probably find those people you are talking about in the many universities in Boston and other college towns in Massachusetts.
Other univ towns are tiny and don't intersect with a huge working young adult population center, ages 23 to 29, like Boston. So yes, you can say that Williams out in Williamstown is a college town, but those students don't end up working there or interning at a cow milking station. They go look for work in Boston, NYC, Philly, etc.

In Boston, this college atmosphere spills over onto the professional crowd and thus, you see a strong femi-nazi streak among working women.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Woman'sview wrote:Why do they hate men so much.
They want women for themselves (see Lesbian or Bi) and at the same time, they subscribe to the ideas in S.C.U.M. and see men as the cause/effect for all of their perceived injustices.

Thus, in Northhampton, they have a sizable population and exact a type of Reign of Terror where they want hetero couples, esp if the parties are decent looking, to go to Vermont or someplace else for their outings. The other single men there, should be forced to walk tip-toed and only hang out with guys or talk to women when spoken to.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

rome86 wrote:human robots my goodness this is madness... a robot has no feelings ..it has no vibe , no seduction skills man this is crazy .. I hope that virus will stay in the US .. I do not want it to spead like in resident evil :D
Well, I can see that you're of the Terminator generation and fear the killer 'bots :wink:

I will disagree with you to some extent. I suspect that come ~2025, a guy will come home from work, the 'bot will process his body language/coordination and facial expressions and determine whether or not he had a stressful day. Then, that 'bot may pick a series of activities to help sooth the situation like offering to make a Martini, shaken not stirred.

Somewhere in the above strong AI scenario, the demand of robot companions will skyrocket. And part of that is that in the future, the work world will be a lot more competitive (think true globalization now, with multi-national corps everywhere), and many persons may have a tough time leaving it behind at the office or the lab. A robot at home may be exactly what a person needs to get through the week.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

@ woman's view

i'll tell you this much if i do marry someone, it won't be with an american woman. So many men in my family have married dominican women and i would say 80% of them are still together and relatively happy in their marriage. Some of them are retired over there in big houses (because of cheap real estate). I even a house in my name that i plan to renovate for the future (thanks mom and dad). So i would take my odds outside of the US, but no hurries for me. There so many things i need to accomplish first in life
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

@ S_Parc

You really think technology is going to be that far advanced in 15 years from now? i'm a little skeptical, but then again i don't know much about the growth of technology
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

well-informed wrote:@ S_Parc

You really think technology is going to be that far advanced in 15 years from now? i'm a little skeptical, but then again i don't know much about the growth of technology
At the moment, the most we see is a Roomba vacuum cleaner on the open market so things looks kinda crude. At this time, iRobot, maker of the Roomba, makes 80% of its revenue from defense work.

On the other hand, a lot of embedded AI is in navigation, mining sweeping, & MagLev controller systems already. Thus, a lot of actual applications are happening in less visible market spaces.

What's interesting about companion robots is that the Realdoll.com realistic love doll phenomena, which started only 10 years ago, has its own subculture in America today. As of let's say 2-3 years back, small shops have been putting actuators inside these types of dolls to give 'em hip movement, audio, etc. Thus, the low tech crowd is already beefing up their simple creations.

Thus, what started out as a concept doll is now a mini-industry, within a decade, while significant work on the software side, is happening in alternate industries. As these two halves of the coin merge, and given the sheer size of this market, a whole new industry will emerge around companion robots. The govt of Japan actually wants robots, to replace a large percent of their aging population for the workplace, while at the same time, have the 'bots also be medical assistants for the elderly, instead of granting a lot of guest visas for nurses and PAs.

I think in 15 years, the first a-ha moment will come and then, it'll be like the iPhone of today where everyone will want their own. And those who're willing to pay even more, will get something even better. It's still be like having a ~50% human but from there, the slippery slope to a complete android companion isn't all that far away.