Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why do filipinas have pudgy guts?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:05 pm

minnie2004 wrote:
well-informed wrote:@ djfourmoney

Lol haha the fact that other members concur with what i said means that i'm somewhat right. I don't expect women that i date to be ripped, but when i consistently see the same pudgy stomach on many filipinas who are 120 lbs or less one must question why that is.


you might be right..but what if i reverse the question and use the word "fatso"? how will you react? i guess everybody is aware that metabolism determined by age, gender and the amount of exercise you do on regular basis. Like i've said, it's depends on the person how you discipline yourself or being conscious you are.. whether you're filipina or not. My response from your question simply explained that 'NO TWO INDIVIDUALS ARE THE SAME". it DEPENDS..because you ask why and most? as for you and winstons, i can't imagine how feeble minded you are. i thought this is a forum site where people has freedom to voice out and share their ideas or opinion. but why you people are so rude? no wonder most asian people look at you that way. A “realâ€￾ man is not afraid of argumentative discourse. Use your intelligence and experience to provide some real value here, really contribute and make it positive mate, if you are up for it which I think you are. How pathetic that you arrived with a conclusion that am an "exception". I didn't say that. is the word DEPENDS has been change now? just wondering...what do you think make you successful about this thread if you are acting like this? by your statement, you've confirmed that you are just as clueless about asian women and values.


Sure, individuals are different, but PATTERNS exist between cultures as well. Sometimes these patterns are good (e.g. People in the Philippines are more friendly and laid back than in America, girls are more approachable and open than in East Asia) and sometimes they are negative (e.g. Filipinos are more shameless than Chinese in asking for money, they get fatter and do not age as well as Orientals, their food is known as the worst in Asia, etc.), but for some reason, women DO NOT like negative comparisons, even if they are VERY TRUE!

Why? That's the big question.

And why do you deny general overall patterns that are easily provable? Individuals are different, but percentages are NOT the same in every culture and country. You admit that?

One more question to you Minnie: Do you concede that compared to Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, Filipinas get fatter easier and do not age as well? Do you concede that? There is no shame in admitting that, it's just obvious. Why deny it? That's the question you should ask yourself.

Why do women hate patterns being pointed out? Maybe you can answer that one? Do you prefer me to say something politically correct, like "People are the same everywhere. The only differences are between individuals." If so, why?

Can you please answer these questions directly Minnie?

PS - One more: How come poor Filipinas don't care about political correctness, but educated/middle class Filipinas do?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:19 pm

BellaRuth wrote:
Winston wrote:Ah the typical female response: "Not all are like that". We've discussed this in other threads. Women are notorious for using that line in response to every truthful observation that they don't like, no matter how accurate it is. Why? What is the point of that?

Why are females so inclined toward political correctness? Why does truth often offend women? Maybe you can answer that one? And how come women tend to conform to their environment and culture more than men do?


This seems a bit odd. Maybe I missed a big thread?

Why are we so politically correct? Why does the truth offend us? Are you talking about all women here, or just the nutjobs?

I don't see any evidence in my life for these things being true for women in particular.


These are the threads I was referring to. One of them was started by me.

Can you try to give your take on my question in another thread about why women tend to prefer political correctness over truth, and get offended more easily than men do?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6857

Also, what about this question about why women tend to conform to and accommodate to the environment more so than men do?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9713

I definitely see evidence for that in my life. When I share my observations for instance, a lot more women get offended by them than men. Even when I was in Lithuania, some of the girls there that I met from CouchSurfing didn't like it when I said that "Scams run rampant in Russia" cause I was labeling a country based on my experiences. That offends many females, but not that many males.

At least in the US this is true. If I were to show my website pamphlet around, women would be offended greatly, but men would be more sympathetic and tolerant. That I can guarantee 100 percent.

Of course, it depends on the message. If I were an eco-freak, and said: "We must save our planet. Pollution by greedy corporations is destroying the Earth." a lot of women would agree and admire me for promoting a pro-environment movement. But if I say that women in some countries are more approachble than in others, or that I could get dates easier in some countries than others, many women would get offended for some reason. I don't know why. But I guarantee that that is true.

Even outside the US, this is still true to some degree.

Also, as you can see in the second link above, women tend to conform to their environment and culture, more than men do. Other guys here have concurred with the same observation. Maybe you are an exception. But we are basing it on the women we've known and met throughout our lives.

Also, in general, you gotta watch what you say around women. They do get offended more easily than men do. That is too obvious. Especially if you are talking about something sensitive. For instance, if you say "you are fat" to both women and men, you will offend A LOT more women than men. I can promise you that.

So you see, there IS a DIFFERENCE.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Minnie,
I want to clarify something. Yes this is a forum of free speech where people can speak their mind. But it goes both ways. The important thing to remember though, is that the purpose of this forum being free speech is so that people can speak THE TRUTH free of politically correct censorship. That is the main purpose and objective of the free speech policy here.

And the truth is, we do notice that many or most Filipinas have "pudgy guts" as they get older. That's a truthful observation. However, you contested that because you are an exception. How does that serve the "truth policy" here? You see what I'm getting at? Sure you can say what you want, but you said something that was more politically correct than truthful. Key point: Just cause YOU are an exception doesn't debunk the general rule. Do you understand?

Therefore, you were not using the free speech policy here to defend the truth, but to deny it and defend your ego and pride. Isn't that so? You see the difference between your objective and ours?

Food for thought. Suppose I said that Chinese guys are generally shorter than White guys. Then suddenly a tall Chinese guy shows up and says, "That's not true! Look how tall I am! We are all individuals. You can't generalize like that." Would that debunk the general rule and pattern, just cause there's an exception?

Instead of denying the truth, why don't you try to help find solutions? You can do something constructive, such as educating your fellow Filipinos about nutrition, so they can learn how to eat and live healthier? In the supermarkets here in the Philippines, 90 percent of the food is junk. People are just not conscientious about nutrition at all. They simply don't think about consequences. They just live to enjoy the moment, even if it damages their health. Why don't you help educate them toward healthy conscious living, rather than argue against truthful observations that offend you?

Wouldn't that be better? Help people become healthier rather than defending your ego. Maybe you can start a blog called "Pinoy Healthy Living"?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby BellaRuth » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Winston wrote:Even outside the US, this is still true to some degree.

Also, as you can see in the second link above, women tend to conform to their environment and culture, more than men do. Other guys here have concurred with the same observation. Maybe you are an exception. But we are basing it on the women we've known and met throughout our lives.

Also, in general, you gotta watch what you say around women. They do get offended more easily than men do. That is too obvious. Especially if you are talking about something sensitive. For instance, if you say "you are fat" to both women and men, you will offend A LOT more women than men. I can promise you that.

So you see, there IS a DIFFERENCE.


I'll have a look at the threads and reply at some point, thanks for the link.

I am probably a good person to ask this question to because I always say the line 'not all ___ are like that.' So why do I do it? Am I scared of acknowledging the truth? I wouldn't say so. Actually the opposite. I like accuracy. I prefer things to be pinned down and correct than sweeping general remarks. That is, when it has a neutral or negative message- note that the eco-friendly example, the overall message is positive to most people (let's be ecological), so debating over it would dilute that.

I think it also has to do with tolerance. I'm tolerant as anything, and I think women are more tolerant, in general. All the racists I know are men, for example. Men are the protectors, the conquerors, the movers-and-shakers, etc., women are meant to temper that, to be tolerant, sustaining relationships with family, nuturing. Right? Makes sense to me. However, tolerance is not the same as political correctness. I for one really, really detest political correctness. Perhaps, actually, I love political INcorrectness so much because of my tolerance. It takes an awful, awful lot to genuinely offend me. I just think if you're going to make a politically incorrect remark, either say something accurate (offensive as it may be) or make it obvious you are just being emotive/humourous. That distinction is really important to me.

For instance if someone says to me, 'British women are drunkards', and they said it with all seriousness, I'd feel a bit irritated. Not because I'm offended (I couldn't care less, honestly), or that I don't see their point, or I'm being patriotic. But because it's literally nonsense and vague. I'd just be checking to make sure the person isn't an idiot, that they realise/acknowledge they are generalising and being emotive. If I find out he is intentionally generalising to make his point that he hates the alcohol culture here, or even that he just prefers (let's keep it topical) Filipinas, although he is still in effect insulting my group of people, I wouldn't argue with him. It's his opinion as he is giving it as such, instead of stating it as fact, which is the annoying part. I'd actually agree with him to be honest. We'd have a joke about it.

I can't comment on the idea of you handing around your pamphlet or saying women are more approachable in this or that country, because I don't know anyone who'd be offended at that. I'd agree with you that women are more approachable in certain cultures, that men are more outgoing in others, and that old people look more relaxed in others. The cultural differences in people fascinate me. But then again, I wouldn't generalise, saying everyone is like this/that. I'd at the least say, I've noticed people from this place are like this. A slight difference, and might sound pedantic, but it makes it a true statement, since no one can tell me what I have/have not noticed.

So basically- maybe women have a different, more precise way of communication (I have read that verbal communication is one of our particular skills), twinned with a more tolerant nature, which makes us want to clarify things, cancel out the possibily of misunderstandings, etc. But this =/= political correctness (necessarily) and certainly not 'fear of truth'.

The 'fat' example: Men don't care as much at being called fat. Men don't place too much importance on it. They might be happy they're not skinny, which is often seen as worse for a man. As you know, women are seen differently. Women are expected to not be fat. They would feel ugly and disgusting. They would know it was chosen for its particularly hurtful value to a woman. So it's not an equal insult. If I called a man 'stupid' or 'weak' it wouldn't bounce off him as if he were a brick wall. I think those are the male equivalents. As a man would take care to not call his girlfriend 'fat' or 'ugly', I'd never call a man 'stupid' or 'weak', I know these must be banned words for the male pysche. It doesn't mean men are less easily offended, but they have different sore points.

Conforming to environment and culture- do I think it's true? Thinking on the spot. I don't think it's true. That's not to say I don't think women conform to the environment and culture, just that I don't think we conform more than men. Maybe it's something to do with being British- we moan about everything in our country and culture. I can think of women who live like anyone else, and I can think of men who live like anyone else. I can think of women who point out what they hate about their culture and either change it if it's within their ability or go to another country altogether. Many. Same with men.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 pm
Location: UK

Too Funny!

Postby OutWest » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:50 am

This thread is really funny...looks like some of those Filipinas are a bit pudgy... might be funny to see the guys on this thread all post pics of
of themselves, but that thought aside...I just got back from a mall tonight...(In the USA) and Lord almighty! Pudgy? My ass! It was so typical of
so many American women/girls. It was the f***king thundering herd! Huge blubber-butts, asses as big as 3 filipinas rolled into one.
Bloated out to sizes of clothing that are not available anywhere in the Philippines unless you are buying circus tents!

And by the way dudes..spend some more time in LA..as in Columbia or Mexico...you are what you eat I guess...manteca rules! Latinas bloat out even faster than Filipinas. As one comedian put it, "You Latins have got some FINE chicks, but at about age 25 it is like pulling the rip-cord on a zodiac!"


Y'all are just too funny!
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2059
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby minnie2004 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:56 am

well-informed wrote:Haha it's funny how the very first thing you say is "you might be right....." followed up with a lot of non-sensical bashing.

First of all, i really don't want to get in the habit of arguing with you because honestly i rather argue with a wall. Im not rude with what i said (i find filipinas to be very sweet and attractive), i just pointed it out because of what i GENERALLY see. A normal girl from Colombia, Ukraine, Dominican Rep, Brazil, Peru at 120 lbs doesn't have a stomach like that of a normal filipina girl at that same weight. Also people who've responded to the thread who've lived in the Phillipines have agreed with the original question. Why get so defensive and pout like a petty little child when i speak the truth :)


LOL.. anyway, good luck and you don't need to be defensive and explain your side nor arguing with me again beside it was you who argue with me at first. You can read your reply... "petty little child"? i guess its the other way around. Only jerk don't respect women.. Wish you're not like that.. If you want something to know what "Philippines or Filipina is" Therefore, when someone reacted with your post be nice if you're aren't "RUDE". Remember, you where the one who post this thread that means you need some credible answer whether PRO or ANTI concerning your question.. No heart's feeling...i don't wanna fight nor argue with you.. Just show to others in here that this site has sense.. so be nice next time..BE A REAL MAN..
minnie2004
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 am

Postby minnie2004 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am

Winston wrote:
BellaRuth wrote:
Winston wrote:Ah the typical female response: "Not all are like that". We've discussed this in other threads. Women are notorious for using that line in response to every truthful observation that they don't like, no matter how accurate it is. Why? What is the point of that?

Why are females so inclined toward political correctness? Why does truth often offend women? Maybe you can answer that one? And how come women tend to conform to their environment and culture more than men do?


This seems a bit odd. Maybe I missed a big thread?

Why are we so politically correct? Why does the truth offend us? Are you talking about all women here, or just the nutjobs?

I don't see any evidence in my life for these things being true for women in particular.


These are the threads I was referring to. One of them was started by me.

Can you try to give your take on my question in another thread about why women tend to prefer political correctness over truth, and get offended more easily than men do?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6857

Also, what about this question about why women tend to conform to and accommodate to the environment more so than men do?

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9713

I definitely see evidence for that in my life. When I share my observations for instance, a lot more women get offended by them than men. Even when I was in Lithuania, some of the girls there that I met from CouchSurfing didn't like it when I said that "Scams run rampant in Russia" cause I was labeling a country based on my experiences. That offends many females, but not that many males.

At least in the US this is true. If I were to show my website pamphlet around, women would be offended greatly, but men would be more sympathetic and tolerant. That I can guarantee 100 percent.

Of course, it depends on the message. If I were an eco-freak, and said: "We must save our planet. Pollution by greedy corporations is destroying the Earth." a lot of women would agree and admire me for promoting a pro-environment movement. But if I say that women in some countries are more approachble than in others, or that I could get dates easier in some countries than others, many women would get offended for some reason. I don't know why. But I guarantee that that is true.

Even outside the US, this is still true to some degree.

Also, as you can see in the second link above, women tend to conform to their environment and culture, more than men do. Other guys here have concurred with the same observation. Maybe you are an exception. But we are basing it on the women we've known and met throughout our lives.

Also, in general, you gotta watch what you say around women. They do get offended more easily than men do. That is too obvious. Especially if you are talking about something sensitive. For instance, if you say "you are fat" to both women and men, you will offend A LOT more women than men. I can promise you that.

So you see, there IS a DIFFERENCE.


JUST WANT TO ASK IF THAT's YOU THE ONE WHO POST WITH GIRLS FROM ANGELES CITY? IF YES...WELL I THINK I KNOW WHAT KIND OF A PERSON YOU ARE... NO NEED FOR ME TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.. GUESS THIS IS A WRONG SITE FOR ME. SAY MORE THINGS ABOUT PHILIPPINES GUESS YOU'RE SO EXPERT ABOUT US.. GO AHEAD..SHOW HOW CREDIBLE AND EXPERT YOU ARE ABOUT US FILIPINOS FROM CLASS A,B,C,D OR E. MAYBE I CAN INVITE TO TRIP ADVISORY, HOW IS IT WINSTON? GOOD LUCK WINSTON.. :D
minnie2004
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 am

Postby keith » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Winston wrote:
minnie2004 wrote:
well-informed wrote:@ djfourmoney

Lol haha the fact that other members concur with what i said means that i'm somewhat right. I don't expect women that i date to be ripped, but when i consistently see the same pudgy stomach on many filipinas who are 120 lbs or less one must question why that is.


you might be right..but what if i reverse the question and use the word "fatso"? how will you react? i guess everybody is aware that metabolism determined by age, gender and the amount of exercise you do on regular basis. Like i've said, it's depends on the person how you discipline yourself or being conscious you are.. whether you're filipina or not. My response from your question simply explained that 'NO TWO INDIVIDUALS ARE THE SAME". it DEPENDS..because you ask why and most? as for you and winstons, i can't imagine how feeble minded you are. i thought this is a forum site where people has freedom to voice out and share their ideas or opinion. but why you people are so rude? no wonder most asian people look at you that way. A “realâ€￾ man is not afraid of argumentative discourse. Use your intelligence and experience to provide some real value here, really contribute and make it positive mate, if you are up for it which I think you are. How pathetic that you arrived with a conclusion that am an "exception". I didn't say that. is the word DEPENDS has been change now? just wondering...what do you think make you successful about this thread if you are acting like this? by your statement, you've confirmed that you are just as clueless about asian women and values.


Sure, individuals are different, but PATTERNS exist between cultures as well. Sometimes these patterns are good (e.g. People in the Philippines are more friendly and laid back than in America, girls are more approachable and open than in East Asia) and sometimes they are negative (e.g. Filipinos are more shameless than Chinese in asking for money, they get fatter and do not age as well as Orientals, their food is known as the worst in Asia, etc.), but for some reason, women DO NOT like negative comparisons, even if they are VERY TRUE!

Why? That's the big question.

And why do you deny general overall patterns that are easily provable? Individuals are different, but percentages are NOT the same in every culture and country. You admit that?

One more question to you Minnie: Do you concede that compared to Chinese, Japanese and Koreans, Filipinas get fatter easier and do not age as well? Do you concede that? There is no shame in admitting that, it's just obvious. Why deny it? That's the question you should ask yourself.

Why do women hate patterns being pointed out? Maybe you can answer that one? Do you prefer me to say something politically correct, like "People are the same everywhere. The only differences are between individuals." If so, why?

Can you please answer these questions directly Minnie?

PS - One more: How come poor Filipinas don't care about political correctness, but educated/middle class Filipinas do?


Yo! How far you know about Philippines anyway? Sounds you know everything about this country. If you’re going to write posts or articles with an impartial, I would suggest that you included all the facts rather than those that suit your own perspective or personality.
keith
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Postby Mr S » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm

I find it interesting that all of a sudden some new posters are only commenting on this post and negatively attacking previous posters; it's quite interesting. It's almost as if someone mentioned to some coworkers or friends to come to this message board and personally attack particular individuals because they don't like what they wrote and don't share similar opinions or experiences.

All we are talking about in this thread is about pudgy guts. What does a pudgy gut mean? Well it doesn't mean we are talking about the overall fatness of a person. We are discussing why many Filipina women, even though they appear thin over other parts of their body, have a soft gut or sort of a rounder belly rather than having a flat stomach. We have come to the conclusion that it is mostly a result of diet. Local Filipino cuisine is generally a very fatty, meat type diet with high concentrations of low quality white rice. As well as drinking empty calorie drinks like soda and other sugary drinks. Most food here produced in the Philippines has high concentrations of sugar as the main ingredient or MSG so this is also a contributor as well.

Yes, Filipinos are not as fat as Americans and other Anglo-Western countries but the ones that do have money to spend on higher priced fast foods and restaurants are starting to catch up. I can see it in the malls or other places where wealthier Filipinos hang out. Yeah, the poorer ones are still thin for the most part but thats because they can't afford to buy and eat larger meals and processed foods. They are still eating somewhat nutritious foods except maybe the fatty pork and white rice, which eventually catches up to them when their metabolism slows down in late 20's, early 30's.

The Philippines is being inundated with the fastfood culture of America and Fastfood style places to eat are springing up everywhere in the larger cities. The locals are definitely eating regularly at these places, thats for sure....
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby well-informed » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:31 pm

@ minnie2004

1. Hey cupcake I didn't start arguing with you, it was YOU. Who introduced herself as the exception to the rule claiming not all filipinas are like that. Basically saying that i'm feeble-minded. lol

2. First of all my question has been answered already by other people who have logical answers already thanks for your useless advice

3. Shut your old ass up that's what you gotta say BE A REAL MAN well sorry i'm not a p***y that worships everything you say. A lot of filipinas have pudgy guts even though they are not fat that's the reality of it. So i suggest for you stop talking because you are wrong and i am right. Sayonara
well-informed
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 am
Location: New York City

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Minnie,
Dang. Well you didn't answer most of my direct questions to you, so why should I answer any of yours, esp since your questions are designed to put others down.

We all have common sense here and we can see what we see.

How did you find this site? And did you bring in those other new members who registered just to comment on this thread? lol Dang.

And again, instead of attacking people who tell the truth, why don't you do something constructive like start a blog about "Pinoy Healthy Living" to try to raise awareness in the Philippines about health and nutrition? Attacking truth sayers does not solve the problem.

Why do so many middle-class/Westernized Filipinas argue senselessly? Lower class Filipinas don't do that.

Btw Minnie, if it makes you feel better, you can ask "Why does Winston have a pot belly?" Unlike you, I'm not offended by obvious truths like that which are apparent upon casual glance.
Last edited by Winston on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Bella,
I see your point. I guess you're right that men and women are sensitive and offended by different things. Come to think of it, whenever I express my anti-war sentiments, such as "The War in Iraq is nothing but mass murder for profit. Soldiers are dying for nothing." usually those who get mad and defend the war are men, not women. Men tend to be more pro-war than women are, so women are not as likely to get mad at such a statement.

But anyway, what is the point of this exchange that I always have with women, that flows like this:

1. Me making an observation.
2. Them saying "Not all are like that."
3. Me replying "Not all, but a large percentage, enough for me to have experienced it regularly many times."

Such a dialogue doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't have a point huh? So why does it always happen with women?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Check out what this expat in the Philippines said about this thread. Haha. It's so funny and witty.

Hi Winston,

Filipinos will say anything to avoid confrontation, cover up a lie, get
away with something, or diffuse a situation. They do what is
convenient, not always what is honest/right. Some call it "diplomacy",
I call it laziness.

I believe white rice is a big culprit in many Filipino ailments.
Unhealthy, basically just starch, 3X a day, 365 days a year. Hence
pudginess, diabetes and so on. Of course, add to that the fact that
exercise is not top of the list for 99% of Filipinos. Then again, most
have difficult lives that involve lots of walking and other exercise.

Here's a problem when a foreigner hooks up with a Filipina (or any woman
from a poor country): All of a sudden she doesn't have to work -- maybe
not at all, maybe just a little. Money and home help staff see to
that. How nice for her, you would think. But it means that all of a
sudden, she has to fill 14 hours a day with non-work activities, and it
also means she stops exercising. She'll SIT around texting, LIE around
in bed watching TV, RIDE in a car, RECLINE in a comfortable chair by the
house, and so on. No more carrying heavy loads to the washing machine,
walking to the stream for water, cleaning, scrubbing, walking to get
around, climbing, and so on. Add to that a good and plentiful food
supply, as well as the Filipino love for junk foods and snacks, and the
foreign man will have a hard job keeping his lady attractive UNLESS he
can persuade her that she needs to lose weight and/or exercise.

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Mr S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:16 am

Winston wrote:Check out what this expat in the Philippines said about this thread. Haha. It's so funny and witty.

Hi Winston,

Filipinos will say anything to avoid confrontation, cover up a lie, get
away with something, or diffuse a situation. They do what is
convenient, not always what is honest/right. Some call it "diplomacy",
I call it laziness.

I believe white rice is a big culprit in many Filipino ailments.
Unhealthy, basically just starch, 3X a day, 365 days a year. Hence
pudginess, diabetes and so on. Of course, add to that the fact that
exercise is not top of the list for 99% of Filipinos. Then again, most
have difficult lives that involve lots of walking and other exercise.

Here's a problem when a foreigner hooks up with a Filipina (or any woman
from a poor country): All of a sudden she doesn't have to work -- maybe
not at all, maybe just a little. Money and home help staff see to
that. How nice for her, you would think. But it means that all of a
sudden, she has to fill 14 hours a day with non-work activities, and it
also means she stops exercising. She'll SIT around texting, LIE around
in bed watching TV, RIDE in a car, RECLINE in a comfortable chair by the
house, and so on. No more carrying heavy loads to the washing machine,
walking to the stream for water, cleaning, scrubbing, walking to get
around, climbing, and so on. Add to that a good and plentiful food
supply, as well as the Filipino love for junk foods and snacks, and the
foreign man will have a hard job keeping his lady attractive UNLESS he
can persuade her that she needs to lose weight and/or exercise.



Yeah, that is entirely the truth!!!! 100% unless she is a self-motivator and those are a very minute percentage of the population in PI. :lol:
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Repatriate » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:43 am

You have to put all this in perspective though even Filipinas with terrible faults on their worst days are still better than most American women you will encounter physically and attitude wise. Lazy can be fixed but an asshole repulsive personality is much harder to deal with.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yick and 6 guests