Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why do filipinas have pudgy guts?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Winston wrote:Bella,
I see your point. I guess you're right that men and women are sensitive and offended by different things. Come to think of it, whenever I express my anti-war sentiments, such as "The War in Iraq is nothing but mass murder for profit. Soldiers are dying for nothing." usually those who get mad and defend the war are men, not women. Men tend to be more pro-war than women are, so women are not as likely to get mad at such a statement.

But anyway, what is the point of this exchange that I always have with women, that flows like this:

1. Me making an observation.
2. Them saying "Not all are like that."
3. Me replying "Not all, but a large percentage, enough for me to have experienced it regularly many times."

Such a dialogue doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't have a point huh? So why does it always happen with women?


Your right Winston and if you're anti-war and male your marked as some sort of pansy. Makes you wonder why First Person Shooters are so popular, seem to be man Armchair Generals in America.

Arguing with women is almost pointless unless you don't care about that woman. With your mother, sister, etc, you don't want to escalate to violence. With most women you see them as an opportunity for a short term or long term relationship which is why your even engaged in such a conversation to start with, you're trying to curry favor by seeming "intelligent" to that woman.

Women don't want to been seen as objects, even if they subject themselves to objectification... That's in every culture.

But while we're discussing why Pinays are generally thin but have a pear shape to them, we should really think why such subject matter even comes up... I don't spend my days waxing about certain physical features of different ethic groups.

But since your allowed to think "Out Loud" on the internet and won't be personally taken to task on it, I suppose threads like this will continue.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles







Postby TRADER1972 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:57 am

I have observed many Filipinas here in the US and I have noticed that most maintain a very slim bodyweight. A typical lady will be from 5'1-5'3 and weigh 100 -120 lbs. I have not noticed any tendency to become chunky or fat. It is true that they are not so motivated to exercise but they do not need to to keep thin.

For the girls living in the Philippines it is true their diet is often too high in salt and they lack enough vitamins and minerals. What else would you expect from a poor country? But finding pretty thin girls is easy.

Most of all, Filipinas are know for their loyalty. I am not aware of another group of women with such a good reputation for loyalty.

And for those considering Russian women having many experiences with Russians I would never date one, much less marry. There is no difference than marrying an AW except you may find some more stunning blondes. Personally in my experience they are so coldhearted and cunning, I would never be able to sleep for fear of being killed by them. They are known to be very dishonest. unethical and unconscionable. Why take that risk?
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

Postby TRADER1972 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:04 am

Enishi wrote:Lack of white skin/refined look I don't mind so much. I'm even ok with someone being a bit overweight, especially if it goes into their breasts and behind. ;)

I will not however tolerate someone being lazy and letting themselves get obese after the first kid or when they hit 25. I also have little patience for someone whose inner world contains nothing but popculture crap and "I love my family and Jesus because...er...I'm supposed to!"

Based on what I've read on here, it sounds like in the Philippines it would be hard for me to find someone who does not fit into the either the crass idiot or uptight upper class divide.

NE Asia or Europe definitely sound like a better bet for me, especially since I will probably make more in those areas with ESL.



I think you have a completely wrong view of Filipinas. I think if you visited there you would change your opinion.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

Postby TRADER1972 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 am

well-informed wrote:Surely it can't be that easy to date the girls from the phillipines. Then again i haven't been there and have no experiences with them, maybe a trip over there would change my perception


Yes, it really is easy.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

Postby Raja » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:Bella,
I see your point. I guess you're right that men and women are sensitive and offended by different things. Come to think of it, whenever I express my anti-war sentiments, such as "The War in Iraq is nothing but mass murder for profit. Soldiers are dying for nothing." usually those who get mad and defend the war are men, not women. Men tend to be more pro-war than women are, so women are not as likely to get mad at such a statement.

But anyway, what is the point of this exchange that I always have with women, that flows like this:

1. Me making an observation.
2. Them saying "Not all are like that."
3. Me replying "Not all, but a large percentage, enough for me to have experienced it regularly many times."

Such a dialogue doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't have a point huh? So why does it always happen with women?


Your right Winston and if you're anti-war and male your marked as some sort of pansy. Makes you wonder why First Person Shooters are so popular, seem to be man Armchair Generals in America.

Arguing with women is almost pointless unless you don't care about that woman. With your mother, sister, etc, you don't want to escalate to violence. With most women you see them as an opportunity for a short term or long term relationship which is why your even engaged in such a conversation to start with, you're trying to curry favor by seeming "intelligent" to that woman.

Women don't want to been seen as objects, even if they subject themselves to objectification... That's in every culture.

But while we're discussing why Pinays are generally thin but have a pear shape to them, we should really think why such subject matter even comes up... I don't spend my days waxing about certain physical features of different ethic groups.

But since your allowed to think "Out Loud" on the internet and won't be personally taken to task on it, I suppose threads like this will continue.

It comes up because Filipinas because of their English skills and similar social and religious culture is the number one destination of bride seekers who were trying to avoid "fat" American women. Only to find out that the thin really doesn't last past their 20s ie reality slapping the man in the face
Raja
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Raja wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:Bella,
I see your point. I guess you're right that men and women are sensitive and offended by different things. Come to think of it, whenever I express my anti-war sentiments, such as "The War in Iraq is nothing but mass murder for profit. Soldiers are dying for nothing." usually those who get mad and defend the war are men, not women. Men tend to be more pro-war than women are, so women are not as likely to get mad at such a statement.

But anyway, what is the point of this exchange that I always have with women, that flows like this:

1. Me making an observation.
2. Them saying "Not all are like that."
3. Me replying "Not all, but a large percentage, enough for me to have experienced it regularly many times."

Such a dialogue doesn't lead anywhere and doesn't have a point huh? So why does it always happen with women?


Your right Winston and if you're anti-war and male your marked as some sort of pansy. Makes you wonder why First Person Shooters are so popular, seem to be man Armchair Generals in America.

Arguing with women is almost pointless unless you don't care about that woman. With your mother, sister, etc, you don't want to escalate to violence. With most women you see them as an opportunity for a short term or long term relationship which is why your even engaged in such a conversation to start with, you're trying to curry favor by seeming "intelligent" to that woman.

Women don't want to been seen as objects, even if they subject themselves to objectification... That's in every culture.

But while we're discussing why Pinays are generally thin but have a pear shape to them, we should really think why such subject matter even comes up... I don't spend my days waxing about certain physical features of different ethic groups.

But since your allowed to think "Out Loud" on the internet and won't be personally taken to task on it, I suppose threads like this will continue.

It comes up because Filipinas because of their English skills and similar social and religious culture is the number one destination of bride seekers who were trying to avoid "fat" American women. Only to find out that the thin really doesn't last past their 20s ie reality slapping the man in the face


I think that's in your head.

Do they speak English yes but also a form of Spanish, making them hard to understand with pronunciation of certain words. They are bilingual but usually only speaking English in Business situations and talking to Westerners.

Do you really say #1 destination? Do you have any data to back that up? I know this is a Pro SE Asia board, sorry but their plenty of Flips already here, most of them not pretty at all.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

notions

Postby OutWest » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Without going to the tedium of looking it up which can be done by the more curious, the Philippines ranks in the top 4 or 5 nations for intermarriage with US
citizens- not necessarily number one, but in the top few. As far as the assertion that Tagalog or Visayan (Cebuano) is just some modified form of Spanish, that is simply not a fact. It contains some Spanish words, some English words and some Chinese words. Both however are Malay languages, and if you are a Spanish speaker you will not be able to converse with either dialect. I am a pretty fair Spanish speaker myself , but it does me little good in conversation
in the Philippines. There still remains pockets of actual Spanish speakers within the Philippines however.

The word Flip is a pejorative, a slur similar to the N word for blacks. If one intends to use racial attacks at least they can be clear on what they are intending.
There are some beauties in the Philippines- though curiously, some upper class Filipino men wonder why American men tend to pick homely low class girls.
There might be some connection to the fact that many American men there never really get out of the whore districts and in fact are not capable of functioning in normal Philippines society. This would be the vast majority of American men I have the misfortune to meet in the Philippines. The majority of American men I observe in the Philippines are low grade trash- though I have US citizenship, I avoid Americans like the Plague. (Many Europeans are similar and well fit the term "Euro-trash")

One may act and decide as they wish, but it is good to take accurate information with you.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental Province, Philippines
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: notions

Postby Rock » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 am

OutWest wrote:Without going to the tedium of looking it up which can be done by the more curious, the Philippines ranks in the top 4 or 5 nations for intermarriage with US
citizens- not necessarily number one, but in the top few. As far as the assertion that Tagalog or Visayan (Cebuano) is just some modified form of Spanish, that is simply not a fact. It contains some Spanish words, some English words and some Chinese words. Both however are Malay languages, and if you are a Spanish speaker you will not be able to converse with either dialect. I am a pretty fair Spanish speaker myself , but it does me little good in conversation
in the Philippines. There still remains pockets of actual Spanish speakers within the Philippines however.

The word Flip is a pejorative, a slur similar to the N word for blacks. If one intends to use racial attacks at least they can be clear on what they are intending.
There are some beauties in the Philippines- though curiously, some upper class Filipino men wonder why American men tend to pick homely low class girls.
There might be some connection to the fact that many American men there never really get out of the whore districts and in fact are not capable of functioning in normal Philippines society. This would be the vast majority of American men I have the misfortune to meet in the Philippines. The majority of American men I observe in the Philippines are low grade trash- though I have US citizenship, I avoid Americans like the Plague. (Many Europeans are similar and well fit the term "Euro-trash")

One may act and decide as they wish, but it is good to take accurate information with you.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental Province, Philippines


1. Totally agree about the language. People get fooled by some of the Spanish sounding names, etc. But nuts and bolts are totally different. There is just a token amount of Spanish incorporated in Tagalog (or whatever the local based language most spoken in Manila is now called). Consider that modern Japanese also borrows a lot of English words or creates same meaning expressions which sound very similar. I doubt anyone would say Japanese is just some modified form of English, lol.

2. "There are some beauties in the Philippines- though curiously, some upper class Filipino men wonder why American men tend to pick homely low class girls." Because that's all they can get. Perhaps western guys who want classier girls can have a much easier time in some other parts of Asia?

3. Flip and Flipper are racist terms. But a lot of western guys I've been around use them. One of my western colleagues in Asia used to refer to SE Asians as monkeys and only took NE Asians seriously.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

class...

Postby OutWest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:34 pm

With most American men I meet in the Philippines, (and it tends to attract a lot of low grade with some others)having low class GF's or wives is simply
finding their own level. If you have some class and refinement, you can still find a match in the Philippines- I know. There is strata among expats as well.
To each his own they say.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Philippines
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:38 am

Oh bother not another thread full of false equals again? When did somebody shout Flip and then kill them? Ah but plenty of Black Men, Latinos and White Man have shouted Nigga this or that and pulled the trigger.... BIG DIFFERENCE.

How about Pinays then is that better? For the record I don't like "African-Americans", I'm a Black Man period.

As I said this is a pro SE Asia board, you can believe in any reality you want. I just find it funny that their's an entire thread talking about body shape of women that are generally skinny but as many have said usually have poor dietary habits, which might explain "Pudgy Guts" as some foods focus on certain parts of the body.

Why is it such a concern, find a woman that's just painfully skinny and there's no "Pudgy Gut" to worry about.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby TRADER1972 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 am

Pudgy guts aside, I think in the Philippines the most disturbing matter is the tendency of Filipinos to equate beauty with whiteness. So when an upper class Filipino says why do American men prefer low class homely girls, I thinks what he means is why they choose BROWN girls.

The common belief is that whiter girls are prettier just on the basis of skin tone and not based on their face, etc.

I personally am outraged by this. I think it is one of the more disturbing things about the Philippines. Perhaps its a carry over from being a US territory.

It really is no different than saying a white girl is prettier than a black girl, even if she has an ugly face, just because she has white skin.

And the fact is most Filipinas are light brown, not dark.

However, the Filipinos believe that just because they are NOT WHITE, they are DARK, and second class. There is no regard for light brown.

The "whites" tend to marry their own to stay pure and whites are preferred in good jobs. So actually there exists in the Philippines a sick discrimination normally attributed to blacks and whites, yet they are share the same race. It was the worst part about living over there, beside the starving poor street children.

Girls over there use umbrellas on a dry to keep from getting burnt. The darker they are , the lesser man they can attract. That is how it is.



For those men seeking business opportunities, try the skin whitening business in the Philippines.
TRADER1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

Postby Repatriate » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:07 am

TRADER1972 wrote:I personally am outraged by this. I think it is one of the more disturbing things about the Philippines. Perhaps its a carry over from being a US territory.

It really is no different than saying a white girl is prettier than a black girl, even if she has an ugly face, just because she has white skin.

The skin tone stuff isn't based on eurocentric racism. Most of asia practices this in one form or another and it goes back thousands of years, it's based on classism. The "white" they are talking about is like a victorian ideal where farmers were looked down on because they were in the sun all the time so they had brown or tanned skin. Light skin has associations with wealth and beauty because they were afforded the privilege of being indoors all the time.

They have different qualifications for "white" european looking people and "black" african looking people as well. It's a different standard altogether. A "white" man from the U.S. may be handsome but that doesn't mean he's respected as an upper class person in Asia. On the contrary he's just a foreigner and will always be viewed as such. The upper class in Asia will still turn their noses up at "foreigners" all the same.

The asian "white" ideal is more like the porcelain skin that Japanese, Korean, or Chinese women have. This is what a lot of Filipinas want to emulate.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 am

Repatriate wrote:
TRADER1972 wrote:I personally am outraged by this. I think it is one of the more disturbing things about the Philippines. Perhaps its a carry over from being a US territory.

It really is no different than saying a white girl is prettier than a black girl, even if she has an ugly face, just because she has white skin.

The skin tone stuff isn't based on eurocentric racism. Most of asia practices this in one form or another and it goes back thousands of years, it's based on classism. The "white" they are talking about is like a victorian ideal where farmers were looked down on because they were in the sun all the time so they had brown or tanned skin. Light skin has associations with wealth and beauty because they were afforded the privilege of being indoors all the time.

They have different qualifications for "white" european looking people and "black" african looking people as well. It's a different standard altogether. A "white" man from the U.S. may be handsome but that doesn't mean he's respected as an upper class person in Asia. On the contrary he's just a foreigner and will always be viewed as such. The upper class in Asia will still turn their noses up at "foreigners" all the same.

The asian "white" ideal is more like the porcelain skin that Japanese, Korean, or Chinese women have. This is what a lot of Filipinas want to emulate.


As I understand it, this is closer to the truth.

The poorest countries historically in Asia are the ones with darker skinned people. Those with white skin tend to be from richer countries. Japan and China are largely a white skin country, so they have the most technology, industry and the most money. While most other countries have been victims of proxy wars and the thief of natural resources.

White Men are the default after their own Men in Asia. But that hardly means you're more accepted into well-to-do families. That's just not true, there plenty of families that will disown their daughter if she marries a White Man. That seems to only happen in Asia though.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Repatriate » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:40 am

djfourmoney wrote: White Men are the default after their own Men in Asia. But that hardly means you're more accepted into well-to-do families. That's just not true, there plenty of families that will disown their daughter if she marries a White Man. That seems to only happen in Asia though.

Actually this sort of thing is really common in the middle east or India as well. If their daughter marries a white european man he better be a muslim. In strict religious Indian families it's unheard of for their daughters to marry outside the caste,religion, or race.

Asia is not that inflexible about this but it is definitely looked down on in many social circles. The fact of the matter is that when asians marry white there a lot of negative sexual and colonial historical and present day connotations that go along with it.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Guts and 4 guests