Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Foreign Exchange programs?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Foreign Exchange programs?

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 pm

I am now attempting to search for some foreign exchange programs I can sign up for so I can go study abroad. I do not know if this is possible though since I attend a 2 year community college.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)







Postby Jackal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi Hero,

In my experience, each college operates its own exchange programs. Two-year colleges usually don't have the need or the resources to bother with any of this.

I don't know if there are any exchange programs which you could do independent of your college. I thik there is the JET program which involves teaching English in Japan for 2 two years, but you have to convince them that you will get a four-year degree or already have one, I believe.

The easiest thing in my opinion would be to transfer to a 4-year college which actually has some exchange programs.

The other option of course is to simply work and save up some money for a trip and do it yourself. You could look for some good package deal.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Jackal wrote:Hi Hero,

In my experience, each college operates its own exchange programs. Two-year colleges usually don't have the need or the resources to bother with any of this.

I don't know if there are any exchange programs which you could do independent of your college. I thik there is the JET program which involves teaching English in Japan for 2 two years, but you have to convince them that you will get a four-year degree or already have one, I believe.

The easiest thing in my opinion would be to transfer to a 4-year college which actually has some exchange programs.

The other option of course is to simply work and save up some money for a trip and do it yourself. You could look for some good package deal.


I see what you're saying. I do feel that this is my only or my best option. I just need to acquire the required resources to do so.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Re: Foreign Exchange programs?

Postby momopi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 pm

the_hero_of_time wrote:I am now attempting to search for some foreign exchange programs I can sign up for so I can go study abroad. I do not know if this is possible though since I attend a 2 year community college.


Read:
http://www.fullerton.edu/world/goabroad/noncsuf2.html
http://www.fullerton.edu/world/goabroad/noncsuf.html

That's from my Alma mater, but the information is applicable to other colleges.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Foreign Exchange programs?

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 am

momopi wrote:
the_hero_of_time wrote:I am now attempting to search for some foreign exchange programs I can sign up for so I can go study abroad. I do not know if this is possible though since I attend a 2 year community college.


Read:
http://www.fullerton.edu/world/goabroad/noncsuf2.html
http://www.fullerton.edu/world/goabroad/noncsuf.html




That's from my Alma mater, but the information is applicable to other colleges.



I hope this information helps. Thanks!
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby MarkDY » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

My friend work for this set of schools.
http://www.latinoschool.com/
They also operate an American accreditated University in Quito.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 am
Location: Annapolis


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Citizen, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot], zboy1 and 3 guests