I need some more advice...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I need some more advice...

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

On the Date In Asia site, I was contacted by a girl from the Philippines, on her profile, it says that she is 19. However, she told me that she is actually 16. I told her that, due to the laws of my home country and/or the laws of the Philipines, I could not correspond with her. Is it true that these laws are in the philipines?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Google 'age of consent Phillipines.' First thing that popped up for me said the age of consent there is 12, but there are all sorts of laws prohibiting inappropriate contact with under 18s. So she probably should be hands off over there. Here it would depend on what state you're in. Look up Texas, if that's where you're living.

And you're allowed to correspond with anyone you want.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

gsjackson wrote:Google 'age of consent Phillipines.' First thing that popped up for me said the age of consent there is 12, but there are all sorts of laws prohibiting inappropriate contact with under 18s. So she probably should be hands off over there. Here it would depend on what state you're in. Look up Texas, if that's where you're living.

And you're allowed to correspond with anyone you want.
I'm not taking that chance
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Benj
Freshman Poster

Post by Benj »

As long as the correspondence isn't sexual, it shouldn't matter. She's going to be 18 in a couple of years, anyway. But in the meantime, talk about anything else other than sex. Which will allow you to get to know each other better, anyway.

Also, when Americans are overseas, I understand that you can get someone as young as 16. However, local laws apply. And none of it should matter as long as you're not having sexual relations with someone under the age of consent. In fact, even in the US, it is actually more legal for an older, or old man to hit on a young--of age--woman than it is for someone her own age. I know that sounds like bullshit in the social climate we are experiencing right now, but it's true. However, it becomes illegal for everyone depending on how overt the sexual talk is and where in public it is taking place.

Bottom line, don't engage in sexual practices--physically or verbally--with someone under age, and you will be fine. If you are really worried, just keep a log of your correspondences.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Your a smart guy, dont take any chances. Could be some sort of fed snitch trying to set you up.

Wait till you get off the plane in Manilla before you start making any real plans. Anything else is dust in the wind.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Grunt wrote:Your a smart guy, dont take any chances. Could be some sort of fed snitch trying to set you up.

Wait till you get off the plane in Manilla before you start making any real plans. Anything else is dust in the wind.
You know, I am a big "To Catch A Predator" (MSNBC and Charles Hanses) buff. That is one of my guilty pleasures: watching that show and seeing those idiots getting busted for trying to plow underage girls...

Some of those guys need to discover a site like this one.

P.S. The girl I told you that she said she was 16, now she is trying to say that she is 19.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Benj wrote:As long as the correspondence isn't sexual, it shouldn't matter. She's going to be 18 in a couple of years, anyway. But in the meantime, talk about anything else other than sex. Which will allow you to get to know each other better, anyway.

Also, when Americans are overseas, I understand that you can get someone as young as 16. However, local laws apply. And none of it should matter as long as you're not having sexual relations with someone under the age of consent. In fact, even in the US, it is actually more legal for an older, or old man to hit on a young--of age--woman than it is for someone her own age. I know that sounds like bullshit in the social climate we are experiencing right now, but it's true. However, it becomes illegal for everyone depending on how overt the sexual talk is and where in public it is taking place.

Bottom line, don't engage in sexual practices--physically or verbally--with someone under age, and you will be fine. If you are really worried, just keep a log of your correspondences.
Careful, your treadin a slippery slope. Western countries with the consent and assistance of poorer countries like Cambodia and Philippines enforce their laws on their own subjects regarding sex or 'sexual intent' with a minors overseas. Westerners get busted in SE Asia just for being accused of sex with minors.

Keep all your Internet correspondence with this girl spic-and-span clean, assume she's no older than 16, and best to avoid the temptation to meet her until she is of age. You wouldn't wanna find yourself on some international version of "To Catch a Predator" would you? One guy who got busted on that show was just 19!

And as you pointed out, according to US law, I think its completely fine for an 88 year-old man to have sex with a newly minted 18 year old hottie. But if the guy is 18 and the girl is still 17 he's in the danger zone. If he gets caught and charged (a serious possibility), his life in the US is basically over. He will be a convicted felon and registered sex offender for life.
Benj
Freshman Poster

Post by Benj »

the_hero_of_time wrote:
Grunt wrote:Your a smart guy, dont take any chances. Could be some sort of fed snitch trying to set you up.

You know, I am a big "To Catch A Predator" (MSNBC and Charles Hanses) buff. That is one of my guilty pleasures: watching that show and seeing those idiots getting busted for trying to plow underage girls...

P.S. The girl I told you that she said she was 16, now she is trying to say that she is 19.
I was going to post a follow-up post stating that if she's lying about her age, then what else is she lying about?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Rock wrote:And as you pointed out, according to US law, I think its completely fine for an 88 year-old man to have sex with a newly minted 18 year old hottie. But if the guy is 18 and the girl is still 17 he's in the danger zone.
I think the 18/17 line is used a lot, by parents, who're trying to get their daughter to break up with the man.

So what needs to happen is that the couple boinks, until the guy is 17 yrs plus 364 days old. Then, they go cold turkey, he has video footage of all his daily activities (notarized and delivered to his family's attorney), until the girl goes from let's say 17 yrs plus 120 days to the 18 yr birthday.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

the_hero_of_time wrote:

I would urge you be to careful with your mindset. In our zeal to scapegoat others, we often forget "justice" is merely a matter of perspective.

Put simply, the fact that you wish to go overseas for companionship may very well mark you as a "predator" in the eyes of the vast overwhelming majority of American females, and very many American men.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

You may not believe me, but US laws apply to citizens even while abroad. So if it is found out you were with a woman under the age of 18 while abroad, it violates federal law and you can be prosecuted.

Even more, if the DA of a county in the state you live in can prove that you formed your intent to sleep with this girl while you were in that state, they can even try to have you prosecuted on the state level as well (it has happened before, though not for statutory rape).

Also on one Dominican forum, they said once (I dont have a link) that if a local Dominican sleeps with an underage girl it is no problem, but if an American does it, they take him to jail. I know you are not talking about DR. It is just an example.

Unless you plan to shed your US citizenship, forget about women under 18.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Adama is 100% correct. America is a full gynocracy and thus American men are not safe even traveling overseas.

My wife was in her early 20's when I married her, but I was 35. On a lark, I did talk to some teenage Ukrainian girls but I found them every bit as vapid and mindless as their American peers.

It was an option, but not something I felt like investing in. I knew I would reach the point of diminishing gains. By hooking up with a teenage tart, the office girls would have tagged me as a "player" and that is not something you want if you are seriously looking for a partner.

f**k up once, and your a fuckup?
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.