Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Corrupt foreign countries?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Corrupt foreign countries?

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:21 am

Is there anywhere on the 'Net that I can find a list of the world's most corrupt nations?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby aozora13 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 am

Hero,

I am not sure if this is a good thing to use but this is the forbes (mainstream) report of most corrupt countries of 2011:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/17/haiti- ... de_10.html
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Postby swincor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:20 am

Why don't you try using Google?
swincor
Freshman Poster

Re: Corrput foreign countries?

Postby Think Different » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:36 am

the_hero_of_time wrote:Is there anywhere on the 'Net that I can find a list of the world's most corrupt nations?

This is the most complete list available and it comes out every year. Interesting that the US has gotten worse, BTW...

http://www.transparency.org/policy_rese ... s/cpi/2010
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby odbo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:24 am

why the hell would you want to do that hero?

corruption is everywhere. usa germany japan, these are the most corrupt nations on earth

but the corruption is limited to upper classes.

now i'm not saying a culture of corruption is what makes africa, italy, russia, turkey, south america great.. but corruption can sometimes be a positive thing, especially getting around ridiculous laws
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 pm

LinuxOnly wrote:why the hell would you want to do that hero?

corruption is everywhere. usa germany japan, these are the most corrupt nations on earth

but the corruption is limited to upper classes.

now i'm not saying a culture of corruption is what makes africa, italy, russia, turkey, south america great.. but corruption can sometimes be a positive thing, especially getting around ridiculous laws

If I am going to move overseas, I want to find out as much about the target country as possible in order to make an informed decision.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby Grunt » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 am

Google "vote with your feet". Its an old ass webpage with ancient data, but its a good place to start.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby MarkDY » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:19 am

MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Postby rome86 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 am

the USA is worse than most third world countries the difference is that they do it with style... Fed illegally printing paper money does it ring the bell ?
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:52 pm

The hero of time, btw, I hope you are willing to have everything you post attached to you personally in real life in the future. If that is your photo in the avatar, there is facial recognition software out there that can find your real identity through a few database searches.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Adama wrote:The hero of time, btw, I hope you are willing to have everything you post attached to you personally in real life in the future. If that is your photo in the avatar, there is facial recognition software out there that can find your real identity through a few database searches.

Thanks for the heads' up
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby i_want_a_hot_white_chick » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:18 pm

the_hero_of_time wrote:If I am going to move overseas, I want to find out as much about the target country as possible in order to make an informed decision.

I also want to find out as much as possible about the countries that I'm considering so I created a thread that lists many links here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 6069#36069

The corruption level link is here:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/gov_c ... corruption
i_want_a_hot_white_chick
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions