ATTENTION: The Forum will be upgraded today to phpbb 3.2 and may be down for an hour or two. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Asian Am--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Asian Am--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer

Postby zboy1 » January 23rd, 2017, 3:28 am

Asian American writes an emotional essay to Chinese parents--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aznidentity/comments/5ogll7/asian_american_writes_emotional_essay_to_chinese/
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Re: Asian Am--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will su

Postby OutWest » January 23rd, 2017, 4:18 am

zboy1 wrote:Asian American writes an emotional essay to Chinese parents--Do not immigrate to America, your kids will suffer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aznidentity/comments/5ogll7/asian_american_writes_emotional_essay_to_chinese/

He writes as if America was one monolithic place. Its not all Arkansas or rednecks. It does not sound like the author lived on the west coast of the US.
I have not seen a chinese person doing menial work in decades. On the west coast, they are typically going to the best schools and live in above average neighborhoods with above average incomes. Numbers of universities are dominated by, or even majority east asian. UC Irvine is majority Asian, and thoughout the west coast, the advanced degree programs are often dominated by Chinese. The closest the Chinese around here will get to menial labor is telling their mexican housekeeper what to do.

Now the loss of culture is a different thing. The reality is, with modernity comes exposure to the west. How much and how far is cause for careful consideration.
Japanese who worked for a period of time in the usa were often considered contaminated when they returned to work in japan by fellow employees who all communicated on Iphones. Certainly, coming to the west wont be a panacea, unless you are a political writer or want to study world history.

Consider carefully would be wise advice.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby chanta76 » January 23rd, 2017, 8:24 pm

Zboy1,

Globalization is happening and its called we are america. In other words with mass communication, media is doing more damage and westernizing everything.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » May 10th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Why one girl wants to move to NYC:

http://juiceonline.com/engku-iman-wants-to-make-people-feel-uncomfortable/

"You said in a previous interview that you feel like you don’t belong in this country, why?

I did not choose to stay here – obviously – it’s just the fact that I was born here. I’m at this age where I’m pissed that I can’t make my own decisions. Like, I’m 26 years old and I’m still living with my parents. Plus, all my life I’ve not really found anything to be attached to here. There’s nothing sentimental here for me. I’m not sure why people are questioning it now; I’ve felt like this all my life.

Where would you feel more at “home”?

Ideally, I’d love to move to New York. Just because the art scene there is active and it’s a place that’s really engaged with their own art language."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » May 11th, 2017, 1:52 pm

momopi wrote:Why one girl wants to move to NYC:

http://juiceonline.com/engku-iman-wants-to-make-people-feel-uncomfortable/

"You said in a previous interview that you feel like you don’t belong in this country, why?

I did not choose to stay here – obviously – it’s just the fact that I was born here. I’m at this age where I’m pissed that I can’t make my own decisions. Like, I’m 26 years old and I’m still living with my parents. Plus, all my life I’ve not really found anything to be attached to here. There’s nothing sentimental here for me. I’m not sure why people are questioning it now; I’ve felt like this all my life.

Where would you feel more at “home”?

Ideally, I’d love to move to New York. Just because the art scene there is active and it’s a place that’s really engaged with their own art language."

She's an Asian girl who would get tons of penis in America. Of course, she finds America a more attractive place. Asian girls get tons of attention in the West, even fat, ugly Asian girls, so they would benefit from the move.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Asian American Issues