Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why Asians Love America So Much

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Why Asians Love America So Much

Postby Krakenguard » July 19th, 2017, 12:16 am

First, let me specify what I mean by the word "Asian." "Asian" as used here is used to identify or describe people from Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, some parts of China and some parts of India as well as those countries/regions themselves. The way I see it, the attraction that Asians have towards America boils down to two main factors.

1. America is extremely authoritarian like the Asian countries/regions are. Worship of authority is a major part of American culture. Thus, Asian feel "at home" in America.

2. Asians buy into the false portrayal of "freedom" put out by the American corporate media. Thus, Asians believe that American authoritarianism somehow results in more freedom.

All of this really hits home when you try to talk to Asian-Americans about politics. They will just keep spewing out shallow talking points that they heard from the corporate media.
Krakenguard
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Return to Asian American Issues