Esther Ku, Asian Comedian, Mocks Asian Men Badly! OMG!

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Here's another shameless piece of shit. She's on suicide watch these days. :lol:

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/March/ ... empt.shtml
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bane wrote:She was raised stateside, what do you expect? Frankly, this doesn't surprise me. Nothing AW's do (not even Asian Aw's) surprises me anymore.
It's not her attitude that surprises everyone. It's that she says it out that openly on a public stage. I've never seen anyone horribly mock Asian men like that openly in public. No one does that. It's unprecedented.

I think maybe she was trying to create shock value and controversy to obtain fame and help boost her acting/comedy career. But it backfired.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Bane wrote:She was raised stateside, what do you expect? Frankly, this doesn't surprise me. Nothing AW's do (not even Asian Aw's) surprises me anymore.
It's not her attitude that surprises everyone. It's that she says it out that openly on a public stage. I've never seen anyone horribly mock Asian men like that openly in public. No one does that. It's unprecedented.

I think maybe she was trying to create shock value and controversy to obtain fame and help boost her acting/comedy career. But it backfired.
She's obviously a media whore and was trying to get famous by generating controversy. It seems like it backfired because the white mainstream was uncomfortable with her schtick and the asian community turned on her. I remember hearing about her briefly when this all happened.

This woman came around in '07 when Ken Jeong was just getting big with his movie roles. It was obvious she was trying to do something similar except as an Korean-American female. Except her humor wasn't really self deprecating or funny as much as it was mean spirited and pathetic. It's apparent from her comments she's a gigantic head case (like a lot of American women asian or otherwise) though so it doesn't matter.

Here's what Ken Jeong was doing at around '06. He had balls of steel to go on a black comedy show and just tear it up.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

What Esther Ku is doing isn't far from say, Dave Chappelle. But our tolerance of her self-depreciating humor is pretty thin these days.

Dave Chappelle gets away with portraying negative racial stereotypes on comedy TV, but as a Muslim convert, you'd probably never see him make fun of his religion. ;p

Making fun of otakus:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ow/1362560

How's that? Making fun of white people trying to be Asian? ;p I used to date girls like that... the type you'd find in cosplay at anime cons, every other word is "sugoi!" or "kawaii!" and such.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

momopi wrote:What Esther Ku is doing isn't far from say, Dave Chappelle. But our tolerance of her self-depreciating humor is pretty thin these days.
There's a big difference between Esther Ku and Chappelle though. Chappelle is trying to poke fun at stereotypes and enlighten us about ignorance. A lot of his skits are really clever at making fun of celebrity, racism, etc.. like the black white supremacist or the race draft.

Esther Ku just engages in bashing. She's not even lampooning or making any interesting social statements her comedy is just a way for her to vent her own insecurities and nastiness at other asians.

That's why her audience tuned out. She's not a comedian she's someone who has a major chip on her shoulder and people saw right through that.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Repatriate wrote:
momopi wrote:What Esther Ku is doing isn't far from say, Dave Chappelle. But our tolerance of her self-depreciating humor is pretty thin these days.
There's a big difference between Esther Ku and Chappelle though. Chappelle is trying to poke fun at stereotypes and enlighten us about ignorance. A lot of his skits are really clever at making fun of celebrity, racism, etc.. like the black white supremacist or the race draft.

Esther Ku just engages in bashing. She's not even lampooning or making any interesting social statements her comedy is just a way for her to vent her own insecurities and nastiness at other asians.

That's why her audience tuned out. She's not a comedian she's someone who has a major chip on her shoulder and people saw right through that.
Co-signed +1 :o
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Another self-hating Asian woman:

Gina Choe on America's Next Top Model

At least Blacks have some modicum of pride in their race unlike so many Asians these days. It takes a black chick to set this stupid Asian bitch straight.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:

She's obviously a media whore and was trying to get famous by generating controversy. It seems like it backfired because the white mainstream was uncomfortable with her schtick and the asian community turned on her. I remember hearing about her briefly when this all happened.

This woman came around in '07 when Ken Jeong was just getting big with his movie roles. It was obvious she was trying to do something similar except as an Korean-American female. Except her humor wasn't really self deprecating or funny as much as it was mean spirited and pathetic. It's apparent from her comments she's a gigantic head case (like a lot of American women asian or otherwise) though so it doesn't matter.

Here's what Ken Jeong was doing at around '06. He had balls of steel to go on a black comedy show and just tear it up.

Damn, won't play past 2:28 for me. How does the song progress and end?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:Another self-hating Asian woman:

At least Blacks have some modicum of pride in their race unlike so many Asians these days. It takes a black chick to set this stupid Asian bitch straight.
Damn dude, why is it always Korean-Americans? :lol:

I noticed the most hardcore self haters are usually Korean-Americans or Filipino-Americans.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Another self-hating Asian woman:

Damn dude, why is it always Korean-Americans? :lol:

I noticed the most hardcore self haters are usually Korean-Americans or Filipino-Americans.
Yes, I notice that as well. Why is that the case???????
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
Yes, I notice that as well. Why is that the case???????
Here's my theory. Koreans were colonized a lot (kind of like the Philippines) by both eastern and western powers. S. Korea itself is not a big country with a big population..only about 60 million people. Korea is developed. A lot of Korean-Americans' parents immigrated when Korea was really poor (60s-70s) so maybe there's a certain chip on a lot of S. Korean parents shoulder about "integrating" with white American culture.

It's not quite like Chinese people in America who have a very broad culture dispersed around SE Asia and in a large country like China. So most Chinese-Americans still have a pretty certain identity.

I guess the identity for Koreans in the U.S. was less certain.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

As a Korean American male let me put forth my theory about why some Korean American girls have that chip on their shoulder. I don't know about the Philippines .

Repatriate is on the right track. South Korea or Korea as a whole is sandwich between China and Japan. Through out history Korea has been attacked by both countries..more so from Japan. This in turned made Koreans ultra-nationalistic. ( So for those of you wondering why Koreans are so nationalistic now you know why. )

When the Korean immigrated to America. The first generation had a tough time integrating in American culture and the house hold is pretty traditional. Plus Korean fathers who are first generation tend to be unemotional and more the type that just work . Korean fathers are not too different from other first wave immigrant fathers..where it was traditional for the man to work and the woman being the home maker. But what sets Korean fathers apart vs other first wave immigrants is the way we look.

With Korean girls I think their first relationship with a Korean man is the father. I know for me I had a tough relationship with my father because he is hard to talk to. So did my sister. So you have a Korean girl who might not connect with her Korean father...but so what. I mean there is allot of white families like that too.

The difference is the exposure to western culture. Korean girls start comparing white men to Korean men from what they see around them. And yes the first exposure is TV. My sister would watch TV soap operas or day show and think white guys were more sensitive and better looking. In comparison to Korean men..the problem was there just was not enough good example of Korean men around. ( although this is changing with the internet and the rise of k-pop)

And in high school or college it;s much easier for the korean girl . So guess what for some Korean girls they might date a white guy at first . Some of these Korean girls are still not happy. You could say Asian women in general because they date white guys for the wrong reason. These Asian girls lack something ..and think that by having a white lover it will full fill that but usually it is not full filled. On top of that some of these white guys who date Asian women tend to date them because of Asian fetish.

They date white guys because they think by dating a white guy it makes them equal or accepted or American. In essence it's like the ugly kid trying to join the pretty crowd. Thinking if he is accepted everything is cool but he is still an ugly kid.

So what happens the ugly kid starts hating his ugliness. This is more or less what happens to Asian women. Some of them resent their Asian heritage. They are not going to come out and say it..but it's deep seated insecurity . So when they see an Asian men...watch out Asian men your going to get spiked.

The sad part is that I really think only an Asian American man can truly understand an Asian American woman. Some of these Asian American women get upset because their white lover doesn't understand them..not in the deep sense...and at the same time these Asian American women are kind of lost which makes them angry ..they channel their anger at Asian men.

It's like a weird hatred..kind of like you have black on black crime. I mean I remember reading somewhere that some black on black crime is committed because of self hatred.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

^^^

That's a great sociological breakdown of AA issues. I totally agree and you hit the nail on the head. I talked with some African-American friends about this before and they said there are black women who are like this too. They have a lot of self hatred and they only date lighter skinned (high yellow) black people. Some of them try not to date black people at all..like a lot of black men who go white.

Plus mainstream stereotypes just exacerbates these issues and magnifies them even more. I imagine things would be different if the U.S. were not so inherently bigoted towards minority groups. However, the reason why Asian men are put down all the time and why black men are stereotyped in a certain way too is how the mainstream disenfranchises men from other minority groups. There's a real social agenda there that's borderline eugenics. If you make minority men distinctly "unattractive" to all other female groups then they don't take "your" women. That's the way a lot of American men think a lot of times and you can tell that's how it is.

It's all very ugly IMO. I'm kind of glad I haven't lived in America for a long time now to put up with this stuff.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Repatriate,

I envy that you live in Thailand if I am correct. I mean every country has their issues but at least in Asia if your an Asian man your still a man. For me I'm stuck in NYC because of work and other responsibilities . I am trying to see if I can move overseas. Started to research online business ..really that;s the key for me. I have to be able to make money in order to make that move. I don't see myself teaching ESL and yes I have my family to deal with. I'm not married but when your Korean..it's like everything is close knit. My parents ..actually it's little bit my fault because I enabled my parents to control me in way.