Janet Hsieh vs. Winston Wu: Airhead vs. Intellectual

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston, you just got her a new fan

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:I never paid any attention to her before. But yesterday, Monkro, my tenant who recently returned from the States, and I were talking about this feud. So we pulled-up some Youtubes of her "Fun Taiwan" shows. We watched a bit of one about Tainan and another about Hsinchu. It turns out she may not be as vacuous as Winston claims. At least Monkro thought the parts of the show he saw were extremely well-done and compelling. He actually said he's going to watch a bunch of them to learn more about Taiwan. And he doesn't even think she's attractive physically so its all about her personality and presentation style. He's her newest big fan, lol!

Perhaps she presents an overly positive view of Taiwan. I don't know cus frankly, I don't watch her. I hardly watch any TV in general. But she sure seems to be a lot more than the lightweight you make her out to be. Just check out some of her accomplishments at the young age of 32:

- Graduated w/double major in Biology and Spanish from the prestigious MIT
- Holds a black belt in Taekwondo
- Is a well trained sushi chef
- Is fluent in 5 languages - English, Mandarin, Spanish, French, and Taiwanese
- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book
- Has lived and studied in Argentina
- Nominated twice for Golden Bell Awards
- Has 10s of thousands of fans
- Has become a kind of 'face of Taiwan' due to the success of her show "Fun Taiwan" which is currently in its 10th season and has expanded to include "Fun Asia".

Boy, I wish I could be even half as unique, original, and one-of-a-kind as Janet Hsieh. She's enjoyed more success at an early age than most people could hope to achieve in 10 lifetimes. She's carved out an impressive niche as Ms. Taiwan too, lol.

Her accomplishments you listed are not unique. Many of my cousins have them too, but they can't hold a conversation worth sh**. So why do you call that list unique Rock, when nothing in it is unique? Strange. Perhaps you used the wrong word. Maybe you meant "impressive". In contrast, I actually have unique accomplishments that are the first of their kind, including the creation of this website. See here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm Also of course, Janet Hsieh doesn't get quotes like these: http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm
Excuse me but which of your esteemed cousins have done more than 1 or 2 at most of the following?

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book
- Has become a kind of 'face of Taiwan' due to the success of her show "Fun Taiwan" which is currently in its 10th season and has expanded to include "Fun Asia".

In fact, you probably can't even think of even one famous person (or not famous for that matter) who has achieved more than 3 or 4 of the 11 point list above. The combination of these powerful accomplishments makes her very unique, very much one of a kind!
Dude, half of those don't require any talents. Many of my cousins have gotten into medical school and have memorized textbooks. Lots of fake people are famous. Not one of the things above are unique or the first of their kind. Read her book or blog. Tell me if it has any interesting content comparable with the content on this forum. You are thinking in conventional terms. She does nothing for truth, justice, nor does she awaken anyone.

Her fans are also mostly on TV. Her website has very little traffic. This site has way more traffic than her website does. Look at her website rank on Alexa.com and you will see. She is full of hype and her big fans only number in the hundreds. Not thousands. Thousands know about her and watch her show, but they do not chat with her on FB or visit her website.

Did you read all the critical comments I posted above? They made a lot of good points.

I posted a clip on YouTube showing how airheadish she is, but it was taken down. So I uploaded it to my server here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/JanetHsiehSucks.wmv

Also, there are dangers and risks when one adopts Janet Hsieh's "positive attitude junkie" type of personality. I know one person who even lost her life because of such an attitude. See here:

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... itive.html

In fact, studies show that happy-go-lucky types often die younger, because they take careless risks with their life and health, falsely thinking that everything will be fine or great as long as they think so. See here:

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/110311_happy.htm
This is not about getting into medical school or memorizing textbooks. Sure, that would not be very unique. But the list I cited above is very remarkable, especially for someone of her age. She's not just some 1 trick pony or vacuous bimbo. Plenty of celebrities are though and many are a lot more famous internationally than she is. If she is talentless as you seem to imply, then she sure must have worked her ass off to do so much. Let's be fair. Give a bit of credit where credit is due.

She may appear shallow to you on her programs but she's smart enough to know that it works as evidenced by her huge following. Perhaps if you met her in person and had the chance to pick her brain, you might find she's a lot deeper than you imagine.

As for comparing yourself to her, its like an apples to oranges type of thing. You both have different talents and different contributions to make. Why have contempt of her just for being very different in perspective and life approach than yourself. She gives a lot of people pleasure. She's good or even great at many varied things. And she clearly has some intellectual talents as you can see from her academic track record.

As for living hard and dying young (James Dean style), some prefer that type of life to a longer but much more boring one. And anyway, she's already made it well into her 30s. Dean died at just 24).
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Another great comment and analysis of Janet Hsieh posted in my blog.
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... 3105220554
<snip>
I'm a Taipei-based foreign journalist, and like you, I was revolted by Janice after about five minutes of her inane, dull schoolgirl act. But like a car wreck, I couldn't help but watch and hurl abuse at the screen every time she whitewashed something about Taiwan, its present and its past.
I'm pretty sure she is an invention of the GIO, which probably pays TLC to air this drivel. While its true that travel shows are often on the sunny side of the street. They should NOT be paid for advertising content from a corporation or body. The fact that other shows lie doesn't make it OK for her to lie too.
This is journalism 101 people. Frankly, it saddens me that so many Taiwanese have so little internal focus that it is OK for them to support PAID-FOR advertising. I just don't get it. It makes me wonder if just being a celebrity is enough to be liked in Taiwan. Like success, no matter how it is attained, is all that's important, so she can sell flog off shampoo and herbal products.
<snip>
Go to a beach with three foot waves and talk up this massive surf culture that doesn't exist. Go to Sun Moon Lake and dance with Aboriginals but don't mention that there are only about 300 of them left because Taipei has been hammering them for generations to the point that they will be EXTINCT within a generation. But that's OK because the tourist dollars count more.
Go to Orchid Island and don't get down to how it is a nuclear waste dump and how cancer rates there are through the roof.

1. Here's an example of up-coming TLC show "I want a house abroad", with a wealthy Russian couple looking to buy a home abroad:
http://press.discovery.com/emea/tlc/pro ... se-abroad/

Obviously, this show is about a wealthy Russian couple looking to buy a vacation home. It has nothing to do with journalism, balanced views, poor people in Russia, or any of that nonsense. "I want a house abroad" is not "60 minuets" and the target audience is completely different. If you're looking for investigative journalism, you shouldn't be watching the Food network. Anyone who tunes into "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" should not expect any kind of intellectual content whatsoever.

2. If Janet Hsieh's role is to run ads for TW tourism, obviously you should not expect her to tour the slums and low-income housing areas for a "balanced" view. Tourists exist to be funneled through tourist traps like cash cows, welcomed by smiling locals who are too happy to see them (and their wallet/purses). Tourists don't care if the Great Wall that they're standing on was rebuilt 10 years ago with new bricks, they want their photos with the caption "I climbed the Great Wall of China". World-wide, there were 983 million international tourists in 2011, generating over $1 trillion dollars in tourism revenue. The top 10% ranked countries (by tourism revenue) sucks in 73% of global tourism revenue, while the bottom 90% fight for the leftover table scraps.

If the Ministry of Tourism in TW hires someone to improve TW's tourism image and income, then that person should be evaluated based on how well they impact TW's annual tourism revenue of $11 billion USD. It's about getting a bigger piece of the table scrap from the bottom 90%, not about being "intellectual". Actually, intellectuals make poor customers anyway, since they tend to be tightwads.

3. Surfing, hand gliding, etc. in TW was suppressed during the martial law era and did not develop well. Today surfing in TW is a relatively small subculture with 25,000-30,000 surfers. There are many small surfing schools across TW if anyone is interested.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cBZcgrm ... re=related[/youtube]

4. The Taiwanese Thao aborigine tribe that inhibits the Sun-Moon Lake area is the 2nd smallest aborigine tribe recognized by ROC Government. The Thao tribe numbers 731 individuals, and the smallest tribe is the Sakizaya with 653 individuals. The total TW aborigine population numbers over 500,000, from 2005 to 2009 the population grew by 8.5%, so no, they're not going away.

5. The cancer rate for TW is 275 per 100,000, versus 149 per 100,000 on Orchid Island (2008 data). Overall it's actually safer (from cancer) to live on Orchid Island with >100,000 barrels of nuclear waste in storage.

6. I'm not saying that it's a desirable situation for the locals to live next door to 100k barrels of nuclear waste. If the nuclear waste were removed, I'm sure the local environmental situation would improve. However, the fact remains that the actual health impact of the nuclear waste is lower than all the other toxic substances from manufacturing and pollution in Taiwan's cities. On Orchid Island there is no electronic factories or traffic jams & smog. Personally, whenever I stay in Taipei for too long, my health gets impacted negatively. I prefer Yilan where the air is cleaner. Even in the US, I always prefer to live near the coastline.

Rock wrote: This is not about getting into medical school or memorizing textbooks. Sure, that would not be very unique. But the list I cited above is very remarkable, especially for someone of her age. She's not just some 1 trick pony or vacuous bimbo. Plenty of celebrities are though and many are a lot more famous internationally than she is. If she is talentless as you seem to imply, then she sure must have worked her ass off to do so much. Let's be fair. Give a bit of credit where credit is due.
First, I wouldn't take all her claims and accomplishments at face value. There are natural born savants but in the entertainment industry, as the Cantonese like to joke, when a male celebrity is over 28 years old, every birthday is his 28th birthday.

Second, it's much easier for Janet Hsieh to travel and succeed internationally today. I give more kudos to her grandmother, who learned French at age 40 and went to Africa to work. Considering the world situation back then and women's status/education attainments of the times, her grandmother is far more remarkable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
If your standards for being "very unique" are having a unique blend of talents, then anyone could fit that. Even you could. I'm sure you have a unique blend of qualities that one could not find in anyone else too. This is a mere technicality though. You miss the larger picture again. If I said "I'm hungry enough to eat a horse" would you get literal and technical and explain why I can't eat a whole horse? Or would you understand that that was a figurative expression?

Anyway, why don't you let Janet Hsieh speak for herself as to how unique she is? Look at her blog and Facebook posts, where her own words are posted, and you will see how STUPID AND AIRHEADISH her words are. They consist of inane one liners about nothing but shit. Yet she gets tons of comments on her posts nonetheless. It's a pathetic sight and shows how degenerate people have become. She can just write "You will see..." and many will comment. No one on this forum who looks at her posts at the links below will think that there is anything special or unique about her at all. Look at them yourself and you'll ask yourself "WTF was I thinking when I said that she was unique?!" lol

http://www.facebook.com/janethsiehonline

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/janet-funtaiwan
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my new article about Janet Hsieh and the politically correct crowd. It's very bold and truthful and intelligent, but very taboo as well.

The Problem with Janet Hsieh and the Politically Correct Crowd: Their Suppression of Truth, Honesty and Free Speech
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... h-and.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Richardrli
Freshman Poster

Post by Richardrli »

Thank you Winston for another very truthful article. I think this is all the more reason we here at Happier Abroad must stick close together, considering 95% of East Asians are hopeless conformists and sheep, I feel that we're the only aware and awake individuals.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Janet Hsieh vs. Winston Wu: Airhead vs. Intellectual

Post by Winston »

To all you Janet Hsieh fans:

Bad News! She just got MARRIED to her long time boyfriend George Young. So she's no longer available. I wonder if that will diminish her appeal and charisma, because when celebrities and rock stars get married, they lose their appeal to fans of the opposite sex. Here are their wedding photos below. Notice in some of them how Janet Hsieh looks fake and skanky in her expressions.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

*cough* I think George Young could've done better. Both are same age (35).

Jay Chou was 35 when he married his 20 year old bride:

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston, you just got her a new fan

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote: Excuse me but which of your esteemed cousins have done more than 1 or 2 at most of the following?

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book

In fact, you probably can't even think of even one famous person (or not famous for that matter) who has achieved more than 3 or 4 of the 11 point list above. The combination of these powerful accomplishments makes her very unique, very much one of a kind!
Actually Rock, look over your list again. Most of those items are NOT unique or original at all. They merely involve MEMORIZING and COPYING things until they become a skill. Playing the piano and violin or getting a college degree or learning new languages, requires just that. That's very COMMON for Asians, who we all know by nature are good at memorizing and copying, but not at original thinking, creating, imagining or innovating, as we discussed in other threads. So these accomplishments are TYPICAL Asian, since they involve standard memorization and practice, which East Asians are known to excel in.

Also, we all know that TV and media exaggerates a lot, so some of those items could be exaggerated and based on a technicality. They could even be fictional and made up. You can't know.

Also, many celebrities have no talent nowadays. They are just plastic faces with plastic personalities. Modern culture is degenerate, as we all know. It's all hype and no substance, just like Janet Hsieh's show, where all she does is say that every little thing is "SO WONDERFUL!" It's so fake and would make you sick if you saw it too.

Either way, you were technically wrong when you described her as "unique or original or one-of-a-kind". Those attributes do not apply to her at all. Look up those words in the dictionary and you will see that you obviously erred. She may be a lot of things, but not those terms.

The thing is, Janet Hsieh does NOTHING to help people. She does nothing to fight evil or expose lies or alleviate suffering in the world. All she does is act fake and say, "EVERYTHING IS SO GREAT! EVERYTHING IS SO WONDERFUL!" all the time. It makes you sick. How would you like it if I said that all the time about every little thing? LOL

On the other hand, the accomplishments of Winston Wu ACTUALLY ARE unique and original, and many have never been done before too. See below.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm

1) All his views, thoughts and writings are "outside the box", insightful and intellectual. He is an expert in debunking propaganda, lies and brainwashing, evidenced by his writings.
2) In the areas of Travel and Culture, he is above the crowd.? He has been to 12 countries and speaks 4 languages.
3) With his talent in strategy and logic, and an above average IQ, he can beat computers in Chess and Scrabble up to high levels.
4) Experienced travelers who have been to 100 countries and others have called him ?the most atypical Asian male I?ve ever met?.
5) His fans have called him a "Hero, Inspiration and Legend". Very few are called such things.
6) He has started two websites and movements that are the first of their kind ? Happier Abroad, the largest Global Dating and Living Website and Movement, and SCEPCOP, the first Coalition against Organized PseudoSkepticism. He has written books for those two movements that are also the first of their kind and widely acclaimed by many readers, fans and professionals.
7) He has written masterpiece books and great works of logic debunking the major arguments of Organized PseudoSkepticism and Christian Apologists. They have received endorsements and praises by prominent published figures. Some have hailed his work as "the BEST" of its kind.
8) He has been interviewed on radio shows and featured in magazines for his noteworthy works.
9) He has dated many beautiful women outside of his league (by American standards) by going ?beyond the matrix? and utilizing his charming personality.
10) Due to the success of his websites and movements, he is one of the few able to make a living off of self-employment from online residual passive income, which many dream of doing but few are able to do.

As you can see, many of these items are unique, original, one-of-a-kind, and have never been done before. So you see, those terms do apply to Winston Wu but not to Janet Hsieh.

In contrast, you can't name anything Janet Hsieh has done that has never been done before. She hasn't innovated or invented anything. All she does is rant, "EVERYTHING IS SO GREAT! EVERYTHING IS SO WONDERFUL!" Let me do that around you and see how long you can stand it. LOL. It's fake as hell. LOL

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Is it me but is she marrying her brother? They look alike.. my guess is that both are mix asians but so alike.
I predict that marriage won't last because Janet is too strong of a woman.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

chanta76 wrote:
June 26th, 2015, 8:23 am
Is it me but is she marrying her brother? They look alike.. my guess is that both are mix asians but so alike.
I predict that marriage won't last because Janet is too strong of a woman.
Only the husband is mixed. They just popped a baby in Oct 2017.