Why do so many Asians want to come to America?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why do so many Asians want to come to America?

Post by zboy1 »

Now that I'm most likely headed to China to teach English there (and hopefully stay permanently in the Asian region in the future, joining other Asian American HA members traveling and living overseas like Repatriate, Winston, Cheezeraider, and Falcon), I've always wondered why Asians are so desperate to want to come to the US when they will be treated as such:

The Racist Bullying Crisis: Why 54% of Asian American Children Are Targeted by Bullies
http://www.abcsofattraction.com/blog/th ... y-bullies/

Columbia Football Player Charged With Hate Crime (against Asian students)
http://gothamist.com/2013/05/08/columbi ... rtedly.php

Sexual objectification from American men:

And her response back to one racist White male:

Jeremy Lin row reveals deep-seated racism against Asian Americans
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -americans

Family Of Japanese Student Killed By NYPD Car Sues City For $8 Million
http://gothamist.com/2013/05/03/family_ ... lled_b.php

Shocking: Man Pushed in Front of Subway Train in NYC

Why come to the USA when Asia is economically booming and far safer and, in most cases, better than the USA?
Last edited by zboy1 on May 8th, 2013, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I started this thread in order to warn overseas Asians from coming to the USA. Don't believe in the "American Dream" myth; If they don't believe me or Winston (and what we have to say about the US), then here are Americans themselves, stating the reasons why they left the country:

A Growing Trend of Leaving America
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/200 ... ng-america
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've been wondering the same thing.

Zboy1, why don't you ask your parents why they immigrated to the US? That should give you one answer.

I don't understand where Asians get the idea that their life will be better in the US. Surely the media in China and Japan do not tell their people "Your life will be better if you move to the US" right? So where do they get this idea? Do they really think that everyone in America is rich and happy?

And why would they want to go to the US to become fat, grumpy, spoiled and isolated, surrounded by soulless lifeless suburban strip malls? I don't get it.

More specifically, why do foreign Asian women want to come to the US? Where do they get the idea that it's better for them?

Even American movies make the US look violent and dangerous. So where does this "paradise image" of America come from? Shouldn't other Asian immigrants or word of mouth have gotten the truth to them long ago somehow?

Or (to play devil's advocate) is America really a great place with many benefits, but we here are all too spoiled, angry and frustrated to realize it? lol. You gotta wonder about that too sometimes. I mean, what if everyone else is seeing something real, but we are the ones who are insane? lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I don't know about East-Asians, but Northeast-Asians are clearly Anglophiles and it pisses me off, they dream of Britain, Australia, or Canada, and especially see the USA like some gullible Europeans saw it many decades ago, as a bastion of freedom and democracy. They are victims of the Victorian-era confidence swindle that implies because Jew-subverted Britain is the most wealthy empire it is the best (and not because it is the most self-aggrandizing and it's citizens the most miserable peons of the industrialized world). Northeast-Asians are obsessed with moving to rich White nations (so not Eastern Europe), but not somewhere like Germany where they'd be like human beings in a nation with a strong culture. Instead they want to jump onto this sinking ship with it's "melting pot" model and insane concepts of racial identity.

Yes the Anglosphere treats its immigrants better than it treats its natives, and USA may still be the land of opportunity especially if you're coming from an ultra-competitive society like South Korea or China. If you get into a good university and study medicine or business you will have a very high salary, but is your soul worth it? Okay, East-Asians are too brainwashed, greedy and simplistic to consider such things until its too late, but surely they can comprehend the quality of life in the Anglosphere is much worse than in Western Europe. The working hours and conditions, the social life and food, intimacy with friends, everything. In continental Europe you work to live and enjoy life, in the English colonies you live to work, completely defeating the purpose of being rich and successful. There are very few happy people in America, and most are not women, despite the many privileges they are granted. But adult East-Asian women essentially get these same privileges that White or Asian-American women get, with non of the mind-rape that comes from growing up here and subsequent pill-head lifestyle.

Perhaps they are the most happy of all, so them wanting to come here makes sense, compared to back home they have limitless opportunities for careers or finding wealthy husbands. It's sad because it's men who are naturally ready to sacrifice things like "quality of life" and work long hours in order to make a little bit more money. But they don’t' understand how unnatural and anti-male the Anglosphere has become. In the long run they will burn out. I've seen Arab taxi drivers come here and leave a year later even though they're making good money and sending it back home. One's sanity cannot be bought with money. So why do Asian-males want to come here? If they're poor they'll be treated like shit. And if they're the spoiled sons of corrupt officials, again, why do they want to come here. They could have a lot more fun in China or Mexico or anywhere else.

Isn't part of the reason why Hong Kong and Taiwanese people are so unfriendly and the women so stuck up and bitchy because a considerable portion of their population has lived with their families in California, New York City, or Vancouver, or studied at big American or British universities...
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

odbo wrote:I don't know about East-Asians, but Northeast-Asians are clearly Anglophiles and it pisses me off, they dream of Britain, Australia, or Canada, and especially see the USA like some gullible Europeans saw it many decades ago, as a bastion of freedom and democracy. They are victims of the Victorian-era confidence swindle that implies because Jew-subverted Britain is the most wealthy empire it is the best (and not because it is the most self-aggrandizing and it's citizens the most miserable peons of the industrialized world). Northeast-Asians are obsessed with moving to rich White nations (so not Eastern Europe), but not somewhere like Germany where they'd be like human beings in a nation with a strong culture. Instead they want to jump onto this sinking ship with it's "melting pot" model and insane concepts of racial identity.

Yes the Anglosphere treats its immigrants better than it treats its natives, and USA may still be the land of opportunity especially if you're coming from an ultra-competitive society like South Korea or China. If you get into a good university and study medicine or business you will have a very high salary, but is your soul worth it? Okay, East-Asians are too brainwashed, greedy and simplistic to consider such things until its too late, but surely they can comprehend the quality of life in the Anglosphere is much worse than in Western Europe. The working hours and conditions, the social life and food, intimacy with friends, everything. In continental Europe you work to live and enjoy life, in the English colonies you live to work, completely defeating the purpose of being rich and successful. There are very few happy people in America, and most are not women, despite the many privileges they are granted. But adult East-Asian women essentially get these same privileges that White or Asian-American women get, with non of the mind-rape that comes from growing up here and subsequent pill-head lifestyle.

Perhaps they are the most happy of all, so them wanting to come here makes sense, compared to back home they have limitless opportunities for careers or finding wealthy husbands. It's sad because it's men who are naturally ready to sacrifice things like "quality of life" and work long hours in order to make a little bit more money. But they don’t' understand how unnatural and anti-male the Anglosphere has become. In the long run they will burn out. I've seen Arab taxi drivers come here and leave a year later even though they're making good money and sending it back home. One's sanity cannot be bought with money. So why do Asian-males want to come here? If they're poor they'll be treated like shit. And if they're the spoiled sons of corrupt officials, again, why do they want to come here. They could have a lot more fun in China or Mexico or anywhere else.

Isn't part of the reason why Hong Kong and Taiwanese people are so unfriendly and the women so stuck up and bitchy because a considerable portion of their population has lived with their families in California, New York City, or Vancouver, or studied at big American or British universities...
Now here's a very thoughtful, insightful post from Odbo. Thanks a lot for this, really appreciated. :)
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Given the enormous population size of E. Asia, the ones that actually want to move to the USA is not a big percentage and there will always be some who will have reasons to come here. And there are as many reasons as there are people. Some are economic, some are social and some are political.

California is full of 27+ not so- pretty Japanese women whose marriageability back home is low. By coming to America, they have a better chance of finding a husband. They dream of Tom Cruise. And they will find a man. A strong, iron-jawed American.

Many people who have declared bankruptcy in Korea, moved to the CA Korea town.

Universities in Asia are super competitive, and those who cannot get into one of those, easily get into US ones. Is their soul worth it? Many have no "soul"- the parents are pushing the kids to have a college degree and they have to fulfill their parents' dream. Plus, many Asians were trained to be robots in their countries, so who cares?

Many times, I would see E. Asians in the US, mixing noodles or frying wok 12 hours a day, with no expression on their faces, just like a zombie, or sitting at college libraries, eyes hidden beneath thick glasses and again, totally expressionless, just like a statue. And often, I would see an Asian girl of average looks walking proudly by the side of a big strong all-American boy. What soul? You need to have one for it to feel any pain or any lack.

America is great for attaining practical goals. One of the best there is. So, from the point of view of having a comparative advantage, it's not so bad.

And not all US movies/TV shows are violent. Many grow up with "Friends", with all these comedies, and come to think of Americans as these 'warm' and 'friendly' people who are fun to know. And some Americans are like that.

Now, for kids who are born or raised here, issues start coming up as their eyes open up and they develop a "soul" that needs more than the above, but foreign born adults don't know what is going on and they are here for practical purposes.

Again, the percentage of N/E Asians who actually want to emigrate is tiny but it seems big because of the enormity of the population there.

Actually, the happiest Asian immigrants from what I have seen, are the Filipinos. Particularly the women.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
TICS
Freshman Poster

Post by TICS »

Americans are antisocial, cliquey workaholics obsessed with social status and pop culture and Hollywood. East Asians are similar except they are even more like soulless robotic worker bees (but their women are considerably more feminine and pretty). So where do you guys recommend moving to? Europe? In Western Europe, the women are bitchy there too and feminism is bad. Maybe the people are warmer and more friendly in Eastern Europe but how the hell can you live and work there besides teaching English? And similarly for South America?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

TICS wrote:Americans are antisocial, cliquey workaholics obsessed with social status and pop culture and Hollywood. East Asians are similar except they are even more like soulless robotic worker bees (but their women are considerably more feminine and pretty). So where do you guys recommend moving to? Europe? In Western Europe, the women are bitchy there too and feminism is bad. Maybe the people are warmer and more friendly in Eastern Europe but how the hell can you live and work there besides teaching English? And similarly for South America?
I agree completely TICS. I can't stand most Americans either....and I will make sure to avoid them when I'm overseas.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Jeremy Lin row reveals deep-seated racism against Asian Americans
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -americans
Note that nastiest racists are blacks and Hispanics who would be the first ones to cry racism by the white boy, and then they turn around and unleash the diarrhea against their fellow American.

They have free reign I guess. The white people have exhausted their " racism credits".

And this is against a person who is a native born US citizen. Imagine what it would be like if he were in fact foreign born. This is why US citizenship and being/becoming an American is such an iffy thing. And they are saying- "the immigration is on standby".

It's all lack of education and/or an inferior education system.

Oh, well, he didn't know his place and in America, you're supposed to know it . Didn't want to run a laundry or be a noodle-mixing robot in China-town.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do Asian immigrants even get to America, especially if they are from poor countries?

For example, people in China and Philippines tell me that it's very hard for them to even get a tourist visa to America. They have to prove that they have assets, money and a business first.

Yet there are TONS of immigrants from China and Philippines in the US. Go figure.

They are not all from rich families either. Some have told me that when they came to the US, they had little or nothing. So how can that be? (But of course, all Asians will tell you that they are not rich out of modesty)

My parents got into the US because my mom's sister applied for a green card for us. But that was back in the 1970's. I don't know if they can do that today. How are immigrants nowadays getting into the US? Especially from poorer countries?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

ladislav wrote: Many times, I would see E. Asians in the US, mixing noodles or frying wok 12 hours a day, with no expression on their faces, just like a zombie, or sitting at college libraries, eyes hidden beneath thick glasses and again, totally expressionless, just like a statue. And often, I would see an Asian girl of average looks walking proudly by the side of a big strong all-American boy. What soul? You need to have one for it to feel any pain or any lack.
I suspect that what you consider to be qualities of soulfulness, is the binary opposition of the perfections of emptiness in Tao.
MIHA
Freshman Poster

Post by MIHA »

there are lots of different immigrants, but a lot of the ones i have met have been quite dodgy. as many of you know, the u.s regime controls a lot of foreign "countries", including south korea, japan, taiwan, etc. so how does the u.s regime do this? well, firstly, they must rely on traitors in those "countries". you find guys that are willing to work for the west. these are usually known as compradores. these guys will sell out their own "country" for a fast buck. and a lot of these guys end up in the u.s.. getting u.s citizenship is kind of like a reward for helping u.s imperialists. one example i can think of is connie chung. her parents belonged to the reactionary kmt regime of china, and fled there after helping the west do some maximum damage on their home country.

i have met compradores from cuba, iran, russia, iraq, china, etc. many of them have a similar story. then there are corrupt politicians. the local people find out that they have been swindling money from them, and everyone wants to kill them, so they go where all corrupt politicians are welcomed, the usa, or any western country for that matter. there are also general scammers. people who open "businesses". they scam and cheat as many people as they can. they dont pay their employees salary. and then finally they flee to the u.s or any western country. the last category are the dupes. they are sold this shangrila type image of america.

they believe the hype about western countries, and believe me, western oligarchs spend billions of dollars to create a celestial image of western countries through all kinds of propaganda. people think that just because the west criticises others for their "human rights", that somehow means that the west upholds human rights. they think that the west represents freedom, justice, democracy, and that people can do no wrong there. i'd say alot of these guys, depending on their intelligence, will be heavily disapointed once they get to america and get cheated or scammed within a week of arrival. in most cases, things are worse than in their home country, but too late, the damage has been done.
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Post by Killhoffa »

Man, those post about Jeremy Lin is F#cked up, and to see so many black people posting racial shyt about dude its just a game, but what can I say black males in America hate each other, we have a rival complex. "Sigh"
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!