Why are Asian females obsessed with white men

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote: I know Latin American women are touchy about their dark skin. Twice I complimented Latin American women by saying that their white clothing looked good on their dark skin, and both times they called me a racist. I won't make that mistake again.
I know - if you like their skin they are surprised.

really weird.

And if they see light-skinned Latinas they will always say "oh she is really beautiful".

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Hero wrote:
jtest28 wrote:What in the hell does it mean if the Filipina you've been chatting with says, out of nowhere, you have a long nose? Is she being racist or do they like such traits, etc? Because that happened to me last week and I'm still trying to figure it out. I stopped writing her over it, but am curious now. :cry:
Yeah, don't sweat it even if a Filipina makes fun of your appearance. Filipinas have made fun of my pot belly and my big breasts, but that didn't stop them from jumping all over me :D
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Tapatio89 »

ladislav wrote:
nicho12 wrote:
RedMenace wrote:It's simple. Because Caucasians/British to be specific not only sold drugs in their countries but also captured one of their coastal cities when their leaders attempted to destroy the drugs. Women like power and the most powerful countries are Caucasian countries. For example Obama would never be able to get any woman he wanted before he became president. Now he can get any. It's that simple. Caucasians on average are more likely to be wealthy or come from a middle class/wealthy family so its a great step up for an Asian female. Everyone wants the champions of globalisation. Those champions are Caucasians.
Really? I thought the Champions of Globalization have always been Jews, in fact without Jews, there wouldn't be any globalization
An average Oriental cannot tell the difference between an Anglo Saxon and a Jew. And they fall into what they call Caucasian in their countries.

This: is a gaijin, gwelo, farang

and

this is also gaijin, gwelo, farang

They don't have an eye for it. Whiter ( then theirs) skin, big nose ( bigger than theirs) and you become a gweilo, gaijin, farang etc.

I remember a Thai girl calling an Egyptian guy a farang. The Thai neighborhood in LA is right next to the Armenian one. The Thais called the Armenians farangs.

The most comical experience which represents this trend of the way they see you, is Iranians in the Philippines. When an Iranian appears in a Filipino village, the locals come out with faces lit up with joy, eyes full of wonder and a shout of glee:

"Amerikaaaaaaaaaaaano! Amerikaaaaaaaaaano!"

We all look the same to them.
Meanwhile, Asians are increasingly marrying other Asians, a separate study shows, with matches between the American-born and foreign-born jumping to 21 percent in 2008, up from 7 percent in 1980."
Because now they are hopelessly American and accepted the American nasty 5-tribe system and fused into one group, just as the whites and the blacks. A horrid thing.
I have been called a farang by Thais and a gaijin by Japanese before. Unlike gringos and some other Anglo-Saxons who think Latin Americans (the full blooded Spanish, castizos and light mestizos) and Southern Europeans are not white due to darker skin and features, for Asians Latinos/Hispanics and Mediterraneans are considered "white" or "farangs" or "gaijins" even if we are darker than Nordics or Slavics.

My wife who is Japanese can tell the difference between Nordics, Latinos/Hispanics/Mediterraneans and Slavic features as she has travelled a lot and is aware that despite being Westerners, culturally and mentality we are different. A Gringo is different from a Latino in mentality and facial features just as a Russian is different in mentality and facial features from both of them.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are Asian females obsessed with white men

Post by Tapatio89 »

I saw especially this when I used to live in the US that many Asian women liked White American men, specifically the ones who looked Nordic or Anglo Saxon. Despite I am Mexican, I am a light skin Mexican or light mestizo, and tbh, I have very good luck with Asian women. In fact, many tend to like my big, expressive eyes which are bigger than the average Anglo-Saxon men´s eyes, my big nose, longer face and fashion sense.

So for, you, my friends, since I am not blond, explain to me why I have lots of luck with Asian girls despite not being blond and blue eyed, mmmm? ;)

Maybe many of my fellow gringos here on this forum might be surprised, but my wife and many of her Japanese friends do not find at all attractive blond, blue eyed white men. My wife is only attracted to Latinos and Mediterranean men (hence, that is why she chose me and she married me). Her friends either they like Latinos and Mediterranean men or they are only interested in Japanese men.

Please do not get offended as this is just personal preference, but my wife thinks blond, Nordic men look too plain in their fashion sense, their features too femenine and bland, cold, and she is aware many gringos and Anglo Saxon men see Japanese and Asian women as sexual objects and expect them to be submissive when they are FAR from it. My wife and some of her friends prefers Latinos (Mexican, Chilean, Argentine, etc) and Mediterranean (Spanish, Italian, Greek, etc) men because we look more masculine, big, dark passionate eyes, olive skin, dress very stylish, romantic, passionate, gentleman, great in bed, and do not objectify sexually a woman because she is Asian as in Latin/Mediterranean culture that does not exist. The objectifying a woman because she is of a specific race I have observed is more endemic more in Anglo-Saxon/Germanic cultures from what I have observed and seen.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

The most comical experience which represents this trend of the way they see you, is Iranians in the Philippines. When an Iranian appears in a Filipino village, the locals come out with faces lit up with joy, eyes full of wonder and a shout of glee:

"Amerikaaaaaaaaaaaano! Amerikaaaaaaaaaano!"

We all look the same to them.
Iranians are very beautiful people. :wink:
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Tapatio89 wrote:I saw especially this when I used to live in the US that many Asian women liked White American men, specifically the ones who looked Nordic or Anglo Saxon. Despite I am Mexican, I am a light skin Mexican or light mestizo, and tbh, I have very good luck with Asian women. In fact, many tend to like my big, expressive eyes which are bigger than the average Anglo-Saxon men´s eyes, my big nose, longer face and fashion sense.

So for, you, my friends, since I am not blond, explain to me why I have lots of luck with Asian girls despite not being blond and blue eyed, mmmm? ;)

Maybe many of my fellow gringos here on this forum might be surprised, but my wife and many of her Japanese friends do not find at all attractive blond, blue eyed white men. My wife is only attracted to Latinos and Mediterranean men (hence, that is why she chose me and she married me). Her friends either they like Latinos and Mediterranean men or they are only interested in Japanese men.

Please do not get offended as this is just personal preference, but my wife thinks blond, Nordic men look too plain in their fashion sense, their features too femenine and bland, cold, and she is aware many gringos and Anglo Saxon men see Japanese and Asian women as sexual objects and expect them to be submissive when they are FAR from it. My wife and some of her friends prefers Latinos (Mexican, Chilean, Argentine, etc) and Mediterranean (Spanish, Italian, Greek, etc) men because we look more masculine, big, dark passionate eyes, olive skin, dress very stylish, romantic, passionate, gentleman, great in bed, and do not objectify sexually a woman because she is Asian as in Latin/Mediterranean culture that does not exist. The objectifying a woman because she is of a specific race I have observed is more endemic more in Anglo-Saxon/Germanic cultures from what I have observed and seen.
Se dice "despite being mexican"
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:I saw especially this when I used to live in the US that many Asian women liked White American men, specifically the ones who looked Nordic or Anglo Saxon. Despite I am Mexican, I am a light skin Mexican or light mestizo, and tbh, I have very good luck with Asian women. In fact, many tend to like my big, expressive eyes which are bigger than the average Anglo-Saxon men´s eyes, my big nose, longer face and fashion sense.

Se dice "despite being mexican"
Thank you kindly for correcting me, mate.

Now, could you please answer about my comment, please?

Thanks

Cheers
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

The feminine perception is entirely cultural and not genetic. Scandinavians have been living comfortably for so long now that they've had the luxury of laxing their standards of masculinity. But, let me explain why it is certainly not genetic.

Firstly, Nordic men are typically taller than Mediterranean. Taller men are usually seen as more attractive to women since it makes them feel more protected. Secondly, it is Nordic men who are so overrepresented in strong man competitions and powerlifting tournaments, not Latin Americans or Mediterraneans. It's astonishing that countries with as little as 5 million people could compete in any global athletic competition. Finally, if history tells us anything, it is Nordic men who are seemingly most fit to be warriors, moreso than men of any other ethnicity on the planet. The Vikings, who had been isolated from the rest of the world for the greater part of their history, and who had extreme disadvantage in terms of numbers, raided and conquered every corner of Europe, as well as parts of the Middle East and North Africa.

Let me disclose by saying I am not tooting my own horn as I am of Irish descent and am NOT a nordic man.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I think I'd be safe if I ventured to guess that most Asian women never date or marry a white man. Most Asians in Asia marry Asians.

In the US, a certain percentage of white men are attracted to Asian women. So an Asian woman may be able to date or marry a white man fairly easily, at least if she is reasonably attractive. In Asian countries, a certain percentage of women will be attracted to white men. If there are no strong social mores against marrying outside their race, they may be willing to marry a white foreigner.

Some cultures are more resistant to marrying outside their race than others are. Indonesians and Filippinos seem to be friendly toward the idea of marrying white foreigners. Both of these countries were colonized by Europeans for hundreds of years. Europeans held high status roles in government and business. Both of these countries are developing economies, and there is some status associated with marrying someone from a developing economy. Both cultures value fair skin and 'pointy noses' when it comes to looks. In the US, lots of moms and dads would like it if their daughters married doctors, lawyers, rich businessmen, etc. We see the same sort of thing in Southeast Asia, where westerners can have perceived status because their salaries are much higher at home than in the developing world. Some women may want money, but status plays into attraction, and money contributes to status.

Hollywood movies show tough white guys stopping bombs from blowing up, saving cities full of people, and stopping asteroids from destroying all life on earth. Women who grew up watching these movies have seen white men portrayed as powerful, strong heroes. Is it any wonder if a certain percentage of them will be particularly attracted to white men? Hollywood has done a lot of marketing for white guys looking for Asian women in Asia.

In Indonesia, there are many different people-groups with their own customs. My wife's people-group's system of customs require that they marry online within their people-group. But you can get adopted in to the people-group. So they adopt in foreigners or people from other ethnic groups before marrying off their children to them.

When I was in Korea, they were a little more resistant to the idea of 'international marriage' as they call it. At that time, poor farmers were importing even poorer ethnic Korean brides from China. Apparently, there are ethnic Korean communities that have been there for centuries. In more recent decades, poor Korean farmers have started importing Vietnamese and Filippina brides.

China is actually made up of a number of ethnic groups as well. They aren't all homogenously one ethnic group, not to the extent that Koreans are. Japanese tend to be rather homogenous. I think homogeny may have something to do with resistance to marrying outside the race.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

sentinel89 wrote:The feminine perception is entirely cultural and not genetic. Scandinavians have been living comfortably for so long now that they've had the luxury of laxing their standards of masculinity. But, let me explain why it is certainly not genetic.

Firstly, Nordic men are typically taller than Mediterranean. Taller men are usually seen as more attractive to women since it makes them feel more protected. Secondly, it is Nordic men who are so overrepresented in strong man competitions and powerlifting tournaments, not Latin Americans or Mediterraneans. It's astonishing that countries with as little as 5 million people could compete in any global athletic competition. Finally, if history tells us anything, it is Nordic men who are seemingly most fit to be warriors, moreso than men of any other ethnicity on the planet. The Vikings, who had been isolated from the rest of the world for the greater part of their history, and who had extreme disadvantage in terms of numbers, raided and conquered every corner of Europe, as well as parts of the Middle East and North Africa.

Let me disclose by saying I am not tooting my own horn as I am of Irish descent and am NOT a nordic man.
Well, but facial features, Nordic men look more effeminate than Mediterranean or Latino men. We look more manly on average. For my wife, my facial features look more manly next to a Nordic man´s face.

They might be taller, but their facial features again look effeminate. But what is curious is that most Nordic/Anglo Saxon women look more masculine (stronger jawline, little boobs, little hips, and the unfemenine attitude and fashion makes it even worse for them) than women from other races on average.

But also, Nordic/ Anglo-Saxon men might be tall and that, but they are lame and in comparison to Latinos and Mediterraneans, lack passion in bed and towards women. I consider myself a good mixture of both in my personality as I have both good qualities of Latino men and good qualities of Anglo-Saxon me, thus more desirable for women in my experience :mrgreen:
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

MrMan wrote:I think I'd be safe if I ventured to guess that most Asian women never date or marry a white man. Most Asians in Asia marry Asians.

In the US, a certain percentage of white men are attracted to Asian women. So an Asian woman may be able to date or marry a white man fairly easily, at least if she is reasonably attractive. In Asian countries, a certain percentage of women will be attracted to white men. If there are no strong social mores against marrying outside their race, they may be willing to marry a white foreigner.

Some cultures are more resistant to marrying outside their race than others are. Indonesians and Filippinos seem to be friendly toward the idea of marrying white foreigners. Both of these countries were colonized by Europeans for hundreds of years. Europeans held high status roles in government and business. Both of these countries are developing economies, and there is some status associated with marrying someone from a developing economy. Both cultures value fair skin and 'pointy noses' when it comes to looks. In the US, lots of moms and dads would like it if their daughters married doctors, lawyers, rich businessmen, etc. We see the same sort of thing in Southeast Asia, where westerners can have perceived status because their salaries are much higher at home than in the developing world. Some women may want money, but status plays into attraction, and money contributes to status.

Hollywood movies show tough white guys stopping bombs from blowing up, saving cities full of people, and stopping asteroids from destroying all life on earth. Women who grew up watching these movies have seen white men portrayed as powerful, strong heroes. Is it any wonder if a certain percentage of them will be particularly attracted to white men? Hollywood has done a lot of marketing for white guys looking for Asian women in Asia.

In Indonesia, there are many different people-groups with their own customs. My wife's people-group's system of customs require that they marry online within their people-group. But you can get adopted in to the people-group. So they adopt in foreigners or people from other ethnic groups before marrying off their children to them.

When I was in Korea, they were a little more resistant to the idea of 'international marriage' as they call it. At that time, poor farmers were importing even poorer ethnic Korean brides from China. Apparently, there are ethnic Korean communities that have been there for centuries. In more recent decades, poor Korean farmers have started importing Vietnamese and Filippina brides.

China is actually made up of a number of ethnic groups as well. They aren't all homogenously one ethnic group, not to the extent that Koreans are. Japanese tend to be rather homogenous. I think homogeny may have something to do with resistance to marrying outside the race.
OK, but most of those Asian girls date or seek WASPy type and not really men with Mediterranean, Latino or Slavic features and all those are Westerners.

For a Mexican, I tend to have more sharper/angular features, and my wife loves my really big eyes and prominent nose which is somewhat hooked (Lebanese heritage), which has played to my advantage with Asian girls as opposed to the average Mexican who has rustic features :mrgreen:
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Well I'll just leave it at this. If you're an average to above average Anglo-Saxon guy in Asia, I bet you can clean house. Just my guess. I will find out for myself next year.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Talk about egos here. It's like are white nordic men the best looking ...No..latin men are more masculine etc..etc. I'm waiting for a black guy to join this thread and mentioned how he clean house when he was in Asia just because his black. As if Asian women are some point system to measure how hot you are.

In reality most Asian girls end up with Asian men however, in USA there are segment of Asian American women who prefer white men but the reason is because the white race is the dominate group in North America and to some degree it's internalize racism on their part.
Here in NYC..I seen a number of Asian girls with gasp ..gasp Jewish Husband or boyfriends who are white but are a far cry from the supposedly nordic race.

Outside of the Anglo sphere there is not that negative stereotype that Asian men deal with in the dating market..So it's not uncommon for Asian men to do OK in Mexico or South America. Where as in North America there was discrimination for Asian men to mix with white women and some of that legacy still exist to this day. However, I do notice among the young generation there is change with more Asian men dating white girls or non-Asian girls and Asian girls sticking to Asian men.

People have to remember that race is part of the factor. The individual still plays a bigger part in attracting mates. Don't think hey I'm a white guy or whatever guy and if I just show up girls will crawl over me. That's just empty ego talking.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

sentinel89 wrote:Well I'll just leave it at this. If you're an average to above average Anglo-Saxon guy in Asia, I bet you can clean house. Just my guess. I will find out for myself next year.
Well, I am an above average Latino guy, and did very well, in many cases even better than Anglo-Saxon men.

Explain this, pal :mrgreen: LOL
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

chanta76 wrote:Talk about egos here. It's like are white nordic men the best looking ...No..latin men are more masculine etc..etc. I'm waiting for a black guy to join this thread and mentioned how he clean house when he was in Asia just because his black. As if Asian women are some point system to measure how hot you are.

In reality most Asian girls end up with Asian men however, in USA there are segment of Asian American women who prefer white men but the reason is because the white race is the dominate group in North America and to some degree it's internalize racism on their part.
Here in NYC..I seen a number of Asian girls with gasp ..gasp Jewish Husband or boyfriends who are white but are a far cry from the supposedly nordic race.

Outside of the Anglo sphere there is not that negative stereotype that Asian men deal with in the dating market..So it's not uncommon for Asian men to do OK in Mexico or South America. Where as in North America there was discrimination for Asian men to mix with white women and some of that legacy still exist to this day. However, I do notice among the young generation there is change with more Asian men dating white girls or non-Asian girls and Asian girls sticking to Asian men.

People have to remember that race is part of the factor. The individual still plays a bigger part in attracting mates. Don't think hey I'm a white guy or whatever guy and if I just show up girls will crawl over me. That's just empty ego talking.
Well, I have to lower the egos of some Anglo-Saxon men, you know? And I am VERY good at doing it since they cannot defend or fight against my debates :mrgreen: It does make these kind of conversations more interesting, however.

But I agree that most Asian girls end up with Asian men, same as in other regions in the world. But when I was in UJSA with my wife, many WASP people were surprised that we were together, and even more surprised they were that my wife as an Asian girl, finds WASP men ugly and the best looking in her eyes are Latino (the ones that are light mestizo and castizo of course) and Mediterranean men.

Well, I guess it also helped me that being introverted, shy and more intellectual than most Latinos also helped a lot with Asian girls. I say thi because I have seen Latino men who act caveman-like and aggressive towards and attractive Asian girl, and almost all the time they fail. They stupidly assume that all women like this behaviour, but in the case of Asian girls, most not as they do not trust those kind of men. They are very intelligent definitely when choosing a man in comparison to Latinas.