My thoughts on AMBF and why I am generally against it

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster

Post by rootlesscosmopolitan »

Yohan wrote:
rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:speak for yourself.
You see, you are running out of good arguments.

You are just living in your narrow minded world blaming racist related issues for your shortcomings.

I think you have never been beyond the borders of USA. You have clearly identity problems.

Why not to talk about privileges of many Asian Americans?

The door to Asia for lucrative business is much more open for Asian Americans than for white Americans, do you know that?

Asian Americans are often holding dual citizenship and make fairly good profit out of their connections to their own countries of origin in Asia.

Asian Americans are often allowed to own land in their native country, despite foreigners (regardless from USA or elsewhere) cannot own land in most Asian countries.

Asian Americans are often bilingual - good jobs as interpreters and translators. Most white Americans can speak only English.

You claim you speak as an Asian American for ALL Asian Americans, but this is simply said not true.

Most Asian Americans, as far as I know them, are very talented and in good financial shape and do not complain about trivial things like dating.

What is clearly different between you and the other Asian Americans I know is that you are sitting in front of your computer and are complaining, while other Asian Americans get on an airplane, working hard and keep the connection open between Asia and Northern America.
classic projection, on the contrary it is you who are running out of arguments. I have already blown your other arguments to bits so now you are merely trying to throw out a bunch of random and unrelated arguments, in the desperate hope that something sticks.

Also I don't have identity issues, but you clearly have mental issues.
Last edited by rootlesscosmopolitan on August 12th, 2014, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

There are not many Asian women of my ancestors here in the states. The ones who are phenotypically similar tend to be northern Chinese, some Japanese or Koreans. I tend to pass as all three East Asian ethnicities. Most Asian women here in the states are usually Cantonese or some form of Sudsinid or paleomongoloid. Of which many are often flat faced, with huge broad noses reminiscent of Thais, Vietnamese and Filipinas. It is known that Cantonese women are some of the most ugliest women in all of China, if not East Asia. If I wanted a southeast Asian-looking woman I'd much rather go to Thailand or Vietnam rather than Guangzhou or Hong Kong. I prefer women with similar features like myself as typical of Nordsinid-Mittelsinids, with a chiseled face, slightly aquiline nose, etc.
Last edited by sea_dragon on August 12th, 2014, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster

sea_dragon wrote:There are not many Asian women of my ancestors here in the states. The ones who are phenotypically similar tend to be northern Chinese, some Japanese or Koreans. I tend to pass as all three East Asian ethnicities. Most Asian women here in the states are usually Cantonese or some form of Sudsinid or paleomongoloid. Of which many are often flat faced, with huge broad noses reminiscent of Thais, Vietnamese and Filipinas. It is known that Cantonese women are some of the most ugliest women in all of China, if not East Asia. If I wanted a southeast Asian-looking woman I'd much rather go to Thailand or Vietnam rather than Guangzhou or Hong Kong. I prefer women with similar features like myself as typical of Nordsinid-Mittelsinids, with a chiseled face, slightly aquiline nose, etc.
I pretty much agree with your assessment. What do you think of AMBF btw?
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:
sea_dragon wrote:There are not many Asian women of my ancestors here in the states. The ones who are phenotypically similar tend to be northern Chinese, some Japanese or Koreans. I tend to pass as all three East Asian ethnicities. Most Asian women here in the states are usually Cantonese or some form of Sudsinid or paleomongoloid. Of which many are often flat faced, with huge broad noses reminiscent of Thais, Vietnamese and Filipinas. It is known that Cantonese women are some of the most ugliest women in all of China, if not East Asia. If I wanted a southeast Asian-looking woman I'd much rather go to Thailand or Vietnam rather than Guangzhou or Hong Kong. I prefer women with similar features like myself as typical of Nordsinid-Mittelsinids, with a chiseled face, slightly aquiline nose, etc.
I am okay with it but personally I am not into it because it's seen as a consolation prize for most men who think Asian men cannot even date women of their own race or white women. Some white men, in particular, actually encourage it because they think black women and asian men are inferior. So I would much prefer to stick to Asian women from Asia.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster

sea_dragon wrote:
rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:
I am okay with it but personally I am not into it because it's seen as a consolation prize for most men who think Asian men cannot even date women of their own race or white women. Some white men, in particular, actually encourage it because they think black women and asian men are inferior. So I would much prefer to stick to Asian women from Asia.
Wow, that's pretty much exactly my line of thinking. After posting this thread, I thought maybe I was crazy because I was getting the impression that I was the only one who thought that way. I wonder how many other asian american men think like this?

For me, my experience was that when I was younger, I was pretty crazy about AMBF, because I saw it as a way of "getting back at the man", who was trying to keep me dateless and lonely. However now I realize that by going for AMBF, I am pretty much playing into societies hands regarding their subtle expectations of me as an asian american man. Thus my current stance against AMBF.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

rootlesscosmopolitan wrote: classic projection, on the contrary it is you who are running out of arguments. I have already blown your other arguments to bits so now you are merely trying to throw out a bunch of random and unrelated arguments, in the desperate hope that something sticks.
Also I don't have identity issues, but you clearly have mental issues.
Which mental issues? You sound to go green with envy, and about my arguments? Are they really wrong?

Well, it is me and not you, who is living comfortably in Asia, most of the time in Japan, Thailand and Philippines and sometimes in Malaysia and Cambodia too, and I see no shortage of Asian females for dating at all.

It's you, who does not want to listen to others who disagree with you, is reluctant to travel abroad and is merely complaining about being dateless and lonely. You are blaming for your misery with hateful statements white men in USA and are calling non-American white men like me who made it successfully over to Asia idiots who have mental issues.

You are also ignoring the simple fact that there is only a small number of Asian young and single females living in the USA.

You will have problems everywhere, also here in Asia if you don't change your mindset and your rude behavior.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster

Which mental issues? You sound to go green with envy, and about my arguments? Are they really wrong?
Your arguments are either wrong, or they are off topic. As I have stated many times before, the purpose of this thread is not to talk about my own personal dating life. The purpose of this thread is to talk about the AMBF phenomena.
Well, it is me and not you, who is living comfortably in Asia, most of the time in Japan, Thailand and Philippines and sometimes in Malaysia and Cambodia too, and I see no shortage of Asian females for dating at all.
I don't disagree with that, but like I said, the topic of this thread doesn't involve international dating, it involves AMBF (in an american context), and my thoughts regarding it, no more and no less.
It's you, who does not want to listen to others who disagree with you, is reluctant to travel abroad and is merely complaining about being dateless and lonely. You are blaming for your misery with hateful statements white men in USA and are calling non-American white men like me who made it successfully over to Asia idiots who have mental issues.
What hateful statements about white men? I have repeatedly stated that I dislike how society, and more importantly how the media treats asian american men. This only incidentally involves white men, and anybody with a normal level of reading comprehension can detect that. Secondly, the fact that you're an "idiot" and a non-american white man who has made it in asia has no connection to each other. The only reason I believe you have mental issues is because you have demonstrated that you are consistently unable to understand simple logic, and the general flow of the conversation. This is why you continue to make non-sequitur arguments which has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Most of the times I don't understand how you extrapolate from one thing to another. Your reading comprehension really sucks. I'm sorry.
You are also ignoring the simple fact that there is only a small number of Asian young and single females living in the USA.
The main thrust of this thread isn't about AFWM, or even getting asian women for that matter. This thread is talking about why I dislike AMBF because I see it as a phenomena pushed onto asian men as a result of dating market pressures caused by both the large percentage of AFWM as well as the low percentage of AMWF. If AMWF and AFWM were in equal proportions then I really wouldn't care about the issue. So once again, you have shown that you don't fully grasp the topic at hand. Which is not surprising, because remember like I said, I wrote this thread towards an asian american audience. Why do you persist in trying to sound authoritative regarding topics which you are not really knowledgeable about?
You will have problems everywhere, also here in Asia if you don't change your mindset and your rude behavior.
LOL. I am guilty of rude behavior, yes this true and I do not deny it. But you are equally guilty, and I'm not the only one who has noticed this. My mindset is perfectly fine, but perhaps you should consider changing yours. (You're pretty arrogant)

I am willing to start off on a blank slate with you though, and will be more than happy to be polite to you if you will reciprocate in kind.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Rootlesscosmopolitan...it's impossible for non-Asian men to know how we feel as a race, so don't bother trying to respond to posters who don't have a clue as to our predicament; I would only respond to Asian men who know what their talking about, in this thread. ...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

deleted
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WindowLicker wrote:
zboy1 wrote:WindowLicker: it's funny that Yohan is somehow an expert on the U.S. and Asian American issues as a European whose never stepped foot in the country. LOL.

Still, I like Yohan and consider him an interesting poster; I would consider him a friend...if I met him in person. I just wouldn't agree with him on much, though...Haha.
This ^^^ :lol:

There are some real characters around here. It makes the site unique.
You included. #PotKettleWhite FYI: I know the original proverb so spare me.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Due to how seemingly bigoted and Anglophiliac these Cantonese & Cantonese-American women are stateside, I had to go up to York, Calgary, and Medicine Hat in Canada just to get some play from Chinese women on this continent. Usually, those Chinese-Canadians and Chinese women in Canada have more candor, typically speak Mandarin (not as much Cantonese) and less ignorance about non-Chinese men, regardless of what nationality/race those non-Chinese men are.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Due to how seemingly bigoted and Anglophiliac these Cantonese & Cantonese-American women are stateside, I had to go up to York, Calgary, and Medicine Hat in Canada just to get some play from Chinese women on this continent. Usually, those Chinese-Canadians and Chinese women in Canada have more candor, typically speak Mandarin (not as much Cantonese) and less ignorance about non-Chinese men, regardless of what nationality/race those non-Chinese men are.
Yes, many of them worship white Anglo people while also being hypocritical. They actually like it if you say that they look like Koreans or Japanese, and it gives them a level of false pride while also being racist against people from northern, central or parts of southern China. I really have no respect for Cantonese people and their absolutely atrocious ways as they embody the worst stereotypes that people have about Chinese people in general. They are the epitome of the 'Ugly Chinaman'.
abg98
Freshman Poster

Post by abg98 »

Not Asian American or a dude, but I thought I'd add my two cents as a Black woman. I'm indifferent to ambw. I don't like the online community, as it can be filled with tragically desperate Black girls/women and corny fetishization. However, I think it's kind of petty to let other people's thinking (which isn't really accompanied by any action) have such a great impact on your decisions. If the docking of points is literally the only thing that turns you off from it, that's just kind of sad (and somewhat weak >.<) imo. Not to mention the insult you're paying to Black women either way lol

Like I said, I'm neither Asian American nor a dude, but I feel like I can relate. When I was younger, I was pretty into shunning and avoiding any and everything stereotypically Black. Eventually I realized that it really didn't matter what I did, people could and would still see me the same way, just to a different intensity. I feel a lot better now that I genuinely don't care or let it affect how I live my life. They aren't completely analogous situations, but I hope that made sense.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster

abg98 wrote:Not Asian American or a dude, but I thought I'd add my two cents as a Black woman. I'm indifferent to ambw. I don't like the online community, as it can be filled with tragically desperate Black girls/women and corny fetishization. However, I think it's kind of petty to let other people's thinking (which isn't really accompanied by any action) have such a great impact on your decisions. If the docking of points is literally the only thing that turns you off from it, that's just kind of sad (and somewhat weak >.<) imo. Not to mention the insult you're paying to Black women either way lol

Like I said, I'm neither Asian American nor a dude, but I feel like I can relate. When I was younger, I was pretty into shunning and avoiding any and everything stereotypically Black. Eventually I realized that it really didn't matter what I did, people could and would still see me the same way, just to a different intensity. I feel a lot better now that I genuinely don't care or let it affect how I live my life. They aren't completely analogous situations, but I hope that made sense.
I'm mostly indifferent to AMBW itself, however in an american context I find it intolerable. Also I don't see rejecting AMBW as letting other people influence my thinking, rather I see it as me regaining my sovereignty of action from a society which is passive aggressive to my own best interests. If you see my actions as sad or somewhat weak then I am perfectly fine with that; on the contrary I think if I just gave in and embraced AMBF then that would be making me sad AND weak. To myself, I am demonstrating personal strength by not settling when it comes to romantic affairs. As for insulting/putting down black women; For the record, I bear no animosity towards black women as people. I am just resentful at how dating pressures in america subtly push asian men and black women together. Its basically a coupling of expediency and not attraction, so no thanks. Also for the record, if black women think that asian men are completely unattractive/ugly/etc., I have absolutely no problem with this and it doesnt offend me at all. Black women are entitled to their opinion and I respect their opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

As for your personal story, thanks for sharing. I don't think its very analogous to my situation, but I can see what you're talking about.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

You're basically raging about a caste system in the U.S. that you can't change at all. U.S. society has created this racial monster and it's not going anywhere.

There is no social pressure to conform if you choose to not make it a reality in your own life. There are other ways to avoid being manipulated in the grand racial social experiment that is the U.S. The easiest thing to do is to just leave or marry a foreign woman from abroad. Completely bypass the racial restrictions and other fuckery going on in the system by opting out. American women of all races simply aren't worth the time or effort invested. Just by participating you are already selling yourself short and exposing yourself to serious liabilities and subpar quality.

I know of many asian american guys who have gone abroad. I know even more white american men who have too. It's definitely becoming a thing and there are good reasons to do so.