Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


My thoughts on AMBF and why I am generally against it

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 am

Cornfed wrote:
Yohan wrote:What really heavily counts for a male dating women in USA (and anywhere else in this world) is your wallet and not your race.

Of course super rich people can get plenty of tail, but if you mean that among regular men the amount of sex they get is directly proportional to their income, then clearly this is not true.


Maybe you misunderstood my comment, Cornfed.

I said in my related comment 'While money is 'not everything', you cannot deny it makes your daily life much easier...'

I just wanted to point out, that almost every female, Asian or not, will clearly give preference to a rich Asian guy and not to a poor white guy if she has the choice. The wallet for sure overrides often the race, age, looks of any male.

Of course there are other criteria too for consideration. For example a thug just out of jail has always girls around him, while honest men cannot find a nice woman - so of course, it's not only about the wallet or race, it's about offering an 'exciting' life-style...etc.

I think you know what I mean.

Some posters here are using their 'non-white race' as an excuse or justification for all and everything if something is going wrong and does not work out in their favor. I do not agree with that.
Last edited by Yohan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN







Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 am

Cornfed wrote:
WindowLicker wrote:... are you one more European throwing stones from a convenient distance, and doing so based on second-hand information about a foreign culture that you yourself don't understand?


Even that would be strange, since the darkies are ruining Europe as well. If you ask someone from Europe what their country is like, a lot of the time they will say it would be great were in not for the f***ing immigrants.


It is true that immigrants are ruining European culture and it is Europe and not USA, which is suffering badly of uncontrolled immigration.
Luckily, I am not living in Europe anymore. Immigration into USA is peanuts compared to EU.

Needless to say, it is USA and its exported wars to Northern Africa and Near East - everywhere between Libya and Afghanistan) which is causing such a flood of refugees into Europe.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 am

Yohan wrote:
Cornfed wrote:What really heavily counts for a male dating women in USA (and anywhere else in this world) is your wallet and not your race.

Of course super rich people can get plenty of tail, but if you mean that among regular men the amount of sex they get is directly proportional to their income, then clearly this is not true.


Maybe you misunderstood my comment, Cornfed.

I said in my related comment 'While money is 'not everything', you cannot deny it makes your daily life much easier...'

I just wanted to point out, that almost every female, Asian or not, will clearly give preference to a rich Asian guy and not to a poor white guy if she has the choice. The wallet for sure overrides often the race, age, looks of any male.

Of course there are other criteria too for consideration. For example a thug just out of jail has always girls around him, while honest men cannot find a nice woman - of course, it's not only about the wallet or race, it's about offering an 'exciting' life-style...etc.

I think you know what I mean.

Some posters here are using their male gender and their 'non-white race' as an excuse or justification for all and everything if something is going wrong and does not work out in their favor. I do not agree with that.
Last edited by Yohan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby rootlesscosmopolitan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:28 am

you are determined to derail this thread with your nonsense. Many of the people following this thread can see that. Also you are trying to say that religion, money, etc etc can completely explain away the race factor. This just isn't true. Stop trying to shoehorn your ideas into every single situation, it just doesn't work and a lot of people aren't buying it.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 am

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 am

All what I see here is that you are merely complaining but you do not have a good argument.

You say, Asian Americans are discriminated, but they are making more money than white people. How to explain that? It's somehow a rich person is complaining not to get richer because of poor people.

You do not even know who is an Asian American and who not. Telling me for example a Pakistani American is not an Asian American. Is Pakistan not in Asia? Look at a map.

Religion is a powerful tool, why are you not dating Muslim Asian females, for example Malay/Indonesian women in USA?
This is because you are not a Muslim yourself - I understand this, but how can you say it's the white man taking away the Asian girls?

Do you not see yourself how stupid your arguments are?
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby rootlesscosmopolitan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:56 am

Yohan wrote:All what I see here is that you are merely complaining but you do not have a good argument.

You say, Asian Americans are discriminated, but they are making more money than white people. How to explain that? It's somehow a rich person is complaining not to get richer because of poor people.

You do not even know who is an Asian American and who not. Telling me for example a Pakistani American is not an Asian American. Is Pakistan not in Asia? Look at a map.

Religion is a powerful tool, why are you not dating Muslim Asian females, for example Malay/Indonesian women in USA?
This is because you are not a Muslim yourself - I understand this, but how can you say it's the white man taking away the Asian girls?

Do you not see yourself how stupid your arguments are?


speak for yourself.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 am

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 am

rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:speak for yourself.


You see, you are running out of good arguments.

You are just living in your narrow minded world blaming racist related issues for your shortcomings.

I think you have never been beyond the borders of USA. You have clearly identity problems.


Why not to talk about privileges of many Asian Americans?

The door to Asia for lucrative business is much more open for Asian Americans than for white Americans, do you know that?


Asian Americans are often holding dual citizenship and make fairly good profit out of their connections to their own countries of origin in Asia.

Asian Americans are often allowed to own land in their native country, despite foreigners (regardless from USA or elsewhere) cannot own land in most Asian countries.

Asian Americans are often bilingual - good jobs as interpreters and translators. Most white Americans can speak only English.

You claim you speak as an Asian American for ALL Asian Americans, but this is simply said not true.

Most Asian Americans, as far as I know them, are very talented and in good financial shape and do not complain about trivial things like dating.

What is clearly different between you and the other Asian Americans I know is that you are sitting in front of your computer and are complaining, while other Asian Americans get on an airplane, working hard and keep the connection open between Asia and Northern America.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby zboy1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:47 am

Yohan wrote:All what I see here is that you are merely complaining but you do not have a good argument.

You say, Asian Americans are discriminated, but they are making more money than white people. How to explain that? It's somehow a rich person is complaining not to get richer because of poor people.

You do not even know who is an Asian American and who not. Telling me for example a Pakistani American is not an Asian American. Is Pakistan not in Asia? Look at a map.

Religion is a powerful tool, why are you not dating Muslim Asian females, for example Malay/Indonesian women in USA?
This is because you are not a Muslim yourself - I understand this, but how can you say it's the white man taking away the Asian girls?

Do you not see yourself how stupid your arguments are?


Pakistani and Indian Americans, although considered Asian Americans in the U.S., aren't really considered 'Asian' in the truest sense of the word here.

It's like when I was in England: although I'm Asian American in the U.S., the word "Asians" refers to Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi people in England, and not East and Southeast Asians. Over there, we're considered "Orientals" not "Asians."

Yohan, I respect and appreciate your comments, but like Cornfed mentioned in his last post--you seem like another European who has no clue about the U.S., except from a distance. The racial dynamics of the U.S. is very, very complicated, and one that an outside European will not easily understand...

And why do you keep telling us that Asian Americans should be happy and to stop complaining? You act like all Asians should be grateful and happy to live in the U.S.A--and all are extremely successful there; well somewhat true, not all Asians are the same. There are some very angry and unhappy Asians living in the USA--that's for sure!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby WindowLicker » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Yohan wrote:
WindowLicker wrote:If you won't verify whether or not you've even spent significant time living firsthand in the country about which you have such an endless stream of opinions and criticisms, we'll continue to treat you as a troll.


Your posting is indeed trolling, as you cannot answer questions and ignore facts.

It is a fact, that Asian Americans are doing financially well in USA, they even have a higher income than white people, do you deny that?
What else do you expect from your 'American Dream'?

Most Asian Americans do have a higher living standard in USA than they would enjoy in their own native country, do you deny that, too?

Compare life in mainland China to life of Chinese-Americans in USA, or daily life in Bangladesh to those immigrant workers in USA etc.

About myself, as I am white, I do not have such an endless stream of opinions and criticism - what criticism? USA/Canada was not only fine for me a while ago, but it is also fine now for all members of my extended family (Asian American son-in-law, his brother, his mother, his father) and all my friends who are Asian Americans (Chinese from Malaysia/Thailand) who are living in Canada/USA (Hawaii, SF, Vancouver). I also know personally Indian Americans and Filipino-Americans. They all want to stay in USA, while in their own countries plenty of people are lining up at the US-embassy every day asking for visa.

Life in USA is not that bad as you claim it to be.

Have you ever been anywhere else beyond the borders of the USA/Canada? I don't think so.

BTW, the US-president is not white and he got even the Peace Nobel Prize because of that despite bombing out countries far away from USA every day.

What shall USA do for you? What do you expect from USA? What are you missing in USA?
Unfortunately for you the large majority of US-citizens is white, you will have to live with that if you like it or not.

If you don't want to accept to live among a huge white majority population, it is up to you as an Asian-American to leave and to resettle in your own country of origin or elsewhere in this world.

It seems however, most Asian-Americans do not want to go back, but prefer to live in USA.

The Japanese government accepts any person of proven Japanese roots regardless the present citizenship, the Philippines and Thailand are doing the same, Vietnam also, Cambodia also. Why do you stay in USA if you feel so discriminated?

What is true about USA and what I do not deny, is that the dating scene is totally broken. I blame feminism for that and not the fact that the huge majority of USA has a white population.



Dude...I give up. Believe what you want to believe, as there's just no getting through to you. I'm done trying.
WindowLicker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Postby zboy1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 pm

WindowLicker: it's funny that Yohan is somehow an expert on the U.S. and Asian American issues as a European whose never stepped foot in the country. LOL.

Still, I like Yohan and consider him an interesting poster; I would consider him a friend...if I met him in person. I just wouldn't agree with him on much, though...Haha.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4445
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Pakistani Americans etc. are classified as Asian-Americans by the United States Census Bureau. They are included in counting all 'Asian Americans' in the USA.

If you count only people of the 'yellow race' as Asian Americans (I think this is what you want to say with your comment) - as what could you classify all the other immigrants who are living in Asia and are even a much larger group than the 'yellow race'?

The term Asian-American is not about the 'race' - it is about from which country the person is originally coming from - if a country is located in Asia, this person is an Asian-American. What else can he be?

I do not see any remark written by Cornfed telling me I seem like another European who has no clue about the U.S.

And why do you keep telling us that Asian Americans should be happy and to stop complaining? You act like all Asians should be grateful and happy to live in the U.S.A--and all are extremely successful there; well somewhat true, not all Asians are the same. There are some very angry and unhappy Asians living in the USA--that's for sure!


The problem for me is not that they are complaining about whatever, but about that they are blaming the 'white man' for all and everything if something is going wrong with them.

It was not the 'white man' forcing them to enter the USA. They decided to do this out of their own decision - maybe misguided.
For many Asians, whatever their nationality might be, it works out fairly good in USA, but for some not.

Most Asian-Americans are not into complaining but working hard and they are happy to be away from their Asian homeland, which is often a place of poverty or political unrest.

There are only a few Asian groups which are 'professional white man haters'. They are mostly related to mainland China, violent-ready and openly racist.
Last edited by Yohan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby WindowLicker » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 pm

zboy1 wrote:WindowLicker: it's funny that Yohan is somehow an expert on the U.S. and Asian American issues as a European whose never stepped foot in the country. LOL.

Still, I like Yohan and consider him an interesting poster; I would consider him a friend...if I met him in person. I just wouldn't agree with him on much, though...Haha.


This ^^^ :lol:

There are some real characters around here. It makes the site unique.
WindowLicker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Postby Yohan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:13 pm

zboy1 wrote:WindowLicker: it's funny that Yohan is somehow an expert on the U.S. and Asian American issues as a European whose never stepped foot in the country. LOL.

Still, I like Yohan and consider him an interesting poster; I would consider him a friend...if I met him in person. I just wouldn't agree with him on much, though...Haha.


The first sentence is plainly wrong. All our family members, me included, have been in USA and some of us are Asian-Americans living in the USA and Canada.

You need not to agree with me. It's my opinion about USA, it's about free speech.


Where do you want to meet me? In Pattaya? Cebu? Seoul? Tokyo? Or Vancouver? Seattle? Portland?
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Postby fightforlove » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 pm

rootlesscosmopolitan wrote:
My opinion is that you obviously have some problems/insecurities, and you're wasting your breath coming into this forum and ranting about your dating policies. It is a good policy to not date women you're not attracted to. But who cares about what women you don't want to date or what the media is trying to sell you?? Why allow your life to be shaped by opposition of what you perceive society to be forcing you to do? You're only bringing yourself more stress by taking this sort of approach to dating.


LOL, ok I have some problems/insecurities/etc. Yeah, your reasoning would be valid if I had posted this in the general forum, but for some reason you seem to have forgotten what subforum I posted this in. Its called the "asian american issues" subforum. This subforum deals with asian american issues, so yes my "rant" about my dating policies and how they are influenced by socio-cultural factors pertaining to media representation of asian americans is very much relevant to this forum. I can't believe you didn't think about that. In your rush to judgment and to condemn me you ended up forgetting the most basic fundamentals of the situation. Also i want to add that asians complaining about manipulative media representation is pretty common on this forum, why don't you go lecture them as well? Its funny how you are so cavalier about the issue of the media being involved in social engineering when it involves a topic that doesn't affect you. Anyways, sorry bud but I'm quite happy with my current approach to dating. While my effort probably won't change a damn thing, it does make me feel better nonetheless, and isn't that the point you are trying to get across anyways? Do what makes me feel good? Besides, I am by no means starved for p***y, so its not about me just trying to get more dates and more p***y by being less picky when it comes to dating. I mean, you know there are some things out there that are more important than just getting p***y. You know that right?

As a White man, I cannot fully understand the disparities that Asian men deal with, but these are my observations, fwiw. There is some negative stereotyping of asian males in the media, I hear you on that; but it's not a major issue let alone a full-blown "anti-asian male agenda". There is, loosely speaking, an agenda against males in general in America, but a specific agenda against AMs? I highly doubt that. I don't think anyone is trying to promote a WM-AF agenda either. If anything, white men who date asian women are also at risk of some negative stereotyping, of tainting themselves with the "yellow fever" connotation. I have several Asian male friends who do really well with Asian women and I've also personally known several asian males who successfully dated/married white women. My good high school friend of Chinese descent married a white woman from Oklahoma. OKLAHOMA. Also had an Asian co-worker who was really into black women, so he married a black woman, signed, sealed and delivered. Maybe it's just the crowd that I roll with. One thing that all these guys probably had in common was not having defensive dating policies for "political reasons". Seriously, stop over-thinking things and get out and meet some women, whatever kind you fancy.


No, there is an agenda against the best interests of males and females in america, the mass media machine also negatively affects/depicts all races of people in this country whether they be black, white or yellow. In short, there is a specific agenda again asian males, white males and black males, but there is different propaganda directed towards each group. And yes, WMAF is definitely being promoted and if you can't see it then you're just being dense. Also I want to add that, WMAF is just one cog in the race mixing propaganda that is put out by the media. The media also enjoys trying to push the BMWF meme as well. In short the media (actually its owners) are purposely trying to cause fissures and divisions along racial and gender lines. Of course thats an entirely different topic.


Also I want to add that this post isn't perfect, and its intended to be understood in a more theoretical sense. I mean yeah, in reality its not as if all asian american women are with white dudes and that all asian american men are only allowed to date black women, however I do feel like my observation still rings true on a general level.


did you read that? Nowhere did I state that I think that all asian women are going for white men or that all asian men are being forced to pair with black women. This thread is intended to be more of a generalized observation, and I stated that from the get go. Again, you should probably work on your reading comprehension.


I don't lecture everyone who brings up racially-charged rants on this forum because if I did I'd have no time to do anything else in life. Someones it seems like half the posts on HA make this place sound like a minority version of Stormfront; and Winston wonders why this site can't gain more traction. You're reaching a bit with these WM-AF conspiracies/agendas and the "I can take your asian women, but it's okay you can have a black woman" quip. Tell me of one RL story where a white male actually verbally said that to you. You have my empathy, I'm just trying to give you some honest pointers that might help you out. Like Zboy said, you need to re-work your life and find people that make you feel comfortable and valued, where you can find attractive girls to date.
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby rootlesscosmopolitan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 pm

I don't lecture everyone who brings up racially-charged rants on this forum because if I did I'd have no time to do anything else in life. Someones it seems like half the posts on HA make this place sound like a minority version of Stormfront; and Winston wonders why this site can't gain more traction. You're reaching a bit with these WM-AF conspiracies/agendas and the "I can take your asian women, but it's okay you can have a black woman" quip. Tell me of one RL story where a white male actually verbally said that to you. You have my empathy, I'm just trying to give you some honest pointers that might help you out. Like Zboy said, you need to re-work your life and find people that make you feel comfortable and valued, where you can find attractive girls to date.


a few caveats.

1.Regarding racially charged rants, as I said before, I posted this in the asian american issues subforum. I wrote this towards an asian american audience. (assuming you're white) This post isn't really directed towards you. This is like walking into a chinese restaurant and complaining because they serve chinese food.

2.Regarding the bolded part, In real life NO white guy has ever verbalized or said anything remotely like that to me. However here is where you are missing the point, I never claimed anything like that to begin with.

So as a result, the SMV of asian men is fairly low, in fact our SMV is almost as low as black women in america. Because of this, black women are the only ones who are consistently open to asian men. (just my own personal experience, could be totally wrong about this!) In other words, imagine society as embodied by a douchey liberal white guy pretty much saying:

"hey asian bro, I'm gonna take your women ok? But hey man, its totally cool, you can just hook up with black chicks instead, we are all one race anyways!!!!"


Basically I feel like society is saying:

"f**k you asian guys, you all can have what nobody else wants".

And yes, I'm aware that that sounds really messed up, but I feel its the truth.


I am saying that this is pretty much the FEELING that I get from society, especially when I see AMBF, or anti asian male depictions in hollywood movies. I am not trying to claim that white guys actually think this, that would be kind of absurd.

3.I appreciate your pointers. I'm not going to dish on you for trying to help. However I'm just saying that my dating life isn't supposed to be the focus of this thread. I just find AMBF an interesting phenomena, and I wanted to start up a dialogue about it and see how other asian american guys feel about it.
rootlesscosmopolitan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asian American Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest