Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
From the Fung Brothers on YouTube, who are well-integrated Asian-American youths in Los Angeles, USA. What they say "Asian," they actually mean "Asian-American." Very funny videos, but these also give others an insight into the intensively cliquish youth scene in Asian-American communities.
These "Types of Asians" in the 2 videos are really just urban cliques and youth subcultures. Winston and I don't fit in any of these categories, and none of those types of women would vibe with us or be interested in us. So if you don't fit in, then prepare for a lonely existence.
However, when I went abroad, I did not find cliques (urban tribes) like these and felt far more welcome and integrated.
18 types of Asian girls
1. ABG, Asian Baby Girl (female Asian gangster)
2. Good Asian girl (conformist, "cute and sweet"; Korean drama, Hello Kitty, YogurtLand)
3. Yappie Asian girl (busy schedule, good car)
4. FOB Asian girl (rich; BOBA = brought over by airplane)
5. Geek Asian girl (otaku, anime, gamer, sci-fi; into subcultures)
6. Braniac Asian girl (science girl; probably daughter of engineer or doctor)
7. Fitness & sporty Asian girl (into working and intramural sports)
8. Party Asian girl (nights out, Las Vegas, concerts; refers to friends as betches or baes, likes selfies)
9. Whitewashed Asian girl (1. The Naturale; 2. The Rejector; 3. The Adoptee; Combined = a. Blonde Sorority Wannabe, likes San Diego and Santa Barbara, into themed parties; b. Rocker/Alternative/Indie Asian girl)
10. Hipster Asian girl (artist, blogger, photographer; likes tall artsy guys with beards and beanies)
11. Fashionista Asian girl (likes vintage stores)
12. Feminist activist Asian girl (angry, likes social media and non-profits)
13. Church-loving Asian girl (missionary dating, judgmental and conservative)
14. Rich Asian girl (classy and children of rich parents)
15. Urban rap Asian girl (1. Truly from the hood; 2. A few miles from the hood; 3. Suburban hood dreamer)
16. Dancer Asian girl (into DJ'ing, MC'ing, dancing, graffiti; not the same as gangster hood type)
17. Forever single Asian girl (standards way too high)
18. Foodie Asian girl (loves food)
15 types of Asian guys
1. Hip-hop Asian guy (dancer, R&B, freestyle rapping; middle-cass hip-hop girl)
2. Nerdy Asian guy (anime, computers, tech)
3. Thug Asian guy (jail, thug guy; ponytail or shaved head; white or black T-shirt)
4. FOB Asian guy (rich, expensive flashy outfit; look like they could be in a K-pop show)
5. Whitewashed Asian guy (skaters, BMX racers, indie, rockers)
6. Bad-ass Asian guy (military, big truck, bodybuilding, muscle shirt, does not care about pop/fashion)
7. Young business professional business Asian guy / Yappie (super momma's boy, but flavorless; successful)
8. Party Asian guy (promoter or knows promoters; state schools or CC, likes bowties and vests and Las Vegas)
9. Fitness Asian guy (a lot of weights)
10. Hipster Asian guy (fashion, design, music; skinny clothing, thick-rimmed black glasses)
11. Hustler Asian guy (real estate, cars, entrepeneurs, outside corporate America, high risk)
12. Rich Asian guy (inherited wealth; 1. Flashy; 2. So rich that he doesn't care to show off)
13. AZN Asian guy (subculture, import car shows, slang, spiky hair)
14. Underachiever Asian guy (stoner or not that interested in grades)
15. Church-loving Asian guy (judgmental, meets girlfriends through church)
Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!
Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.
Find Your Foreign Sweetheart Now! Try our international Dating Sites and Overseas Romance Tours!
And Rock, are you asking this question rhetorically, or do you actually think we can be fit into one of those categories? Monkro said that it's obvious I can't be slotted into any of them. But when shown the list, many Asian Americans (even Zboy) can instantly fit themselves into one of those.
The underlying point is that you're an outcast in the AA community if you're not one of those.
OK we might come close to the "nerd" category, but those are usually the narrow-minded math, hard science, and engineering types who make their parents happy, stick to comfort zones, and stay in small social circles.
On the other hand, it's not as easy to classify people into such discrete categories in rural Southeast Asia.