IR relationship and the Gender Divide, AA Female Perspective

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

IR relationship and the Gender Divide, AA Female Perspective

Post by zboy1 »

Interracial Relationships and the Gender Divide, Asian American Female Perspective

http://www.bigwowo.com/2009/05/podcast- ... rspective/

The Asian Male/Asian Female Gender Wars 2010 (Podcast)

http://www.bigwowo.com/2010/12/asian-ma ... 0-podcast/

In the first podcast, at least one of the the Asian American females participants recognize the fetishism and exoticism of Asian women--and the racism involved with it--and the emasculation of Asian men in American society. One of the women even stated how White men would get upset, once she stated that she exclusively dated only Asian men (whereas in the past, she only dated White men). Also, there were talking about having unity within the Asian community.

Winston, why don't you go on more Asian centric blog sites (like bigWOWO and Angry Asian Man) to spread the message of "Happier Abroad" for Asian American men? It would help both the Asian American male and female communities a lot, to discuss the idea of going overseas to escape the racism of the USA.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

I wonder how inclusive "Asian unity" is, will be, or should be.

Should it be based on simply having ancestors from Asia?

Should it be based on strongly resembling the "mongoloid" archetype?

There are a lot of ways of looking at it. What is it about "Asians" that should drive them to unite? Which Asians, if any, should be excluded from the idea of Asian unity, and why?

Would all Chinese be included in a Pan Asian movement, even if they are not ethnic Han people? And what about Asians such as Indians, Kazakhs, or Hazara people?
Let's get together and feel alright.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

zboy1,

Winston Wu and this site is known within the Asian American community and they don't like him. They consider him a misogynist . Think about it. The Asian American community criticize western guys who go to Asia for sex tourism because that objectifies Asian women and here is Winston who does just that by going to the Philippines or marketing foreign women in a objectifying manner.

I'm Korean like you and I understand the racism that we experience in America..not just in the romantic area but also in daily life. It bothers me that we have white privilege not only in the western world but also in Asia. In so many ways I have a problem with some of the posters here but also in some ways I understand them .. It sucks that I meet Asian American girls that prefer white guys because of racist love and I go to Asia and I see the same behavior there...as an Asian guy it's like getting kick in the nuts..

Many of the Asian American community advocate battling against stereotyping Asian women and sex tourism including mail order brides. Some of the western guys who do international dating are sexist and they stereotype Asian female as being submissive and sexual available (think Will N Dodd) .

For Asian guy I understand because we deal with racism in the dating field ...for the white guys...I don't understand but the white guys who go overseas are low social valued here in the states and want to mostly monger and they do look down on the local women.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

RickyRetardo

There never be Asian unity in America...we are just too f***ed up with inferiority complex.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

I only care about Asian unity amongst Asians. American-born Asian-Americans are too white-washed and they worship whites. My parents are considering matchmaking in China. But unfortunately there are not that many Asian-Americans who share my cultural heritage (most are either Cantonese or some form of deep southern Chinese), so China is the only option. But then again, I only find women of my own cultural background as well as phenotypically similar women to be really attractive. It seems that with each and every generation, the women just keep looking better! :)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:RickyRetardo

There never be Asian unity in America...we are just too f***ed up with inferiority complex.
Exactly!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

RickyRetardo wrote:I wonder how inclusive "Asian unity" is, will be, or should be.

Should it be based on simply having ancestors from Asia?

Should it be based on strongly resembling the "mongoloid" archetype?

There are a lot of ways of looking at it. What is it about "Asians" that should drive them to unite? Which Asians, if any, should be excluded from the idea of Asian unity, and why?

Would all Chinese be included in a Pan Asian movement, even if they are not ethnic Han people? And what about Asians such as Indians, Kazakhs, or Hazara people?
"Asian unity" only deals with Asian Americans and Asians overseas; it's a different situation in Asia, where as Ladislav has mentioned before: 'Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Thai's, Indians, Pakistanis, Filipinos, etc.,' don't view themselves as a Pan-Asian unit.

It's only needed overseas, where Asians are discriminated against--and lack any real political power, unlike say..., other groups.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:zboy1,

Winston Wu and this site is known within the Asian American community and they don't like him. They consider him a misogynist . Think about it. The Asian American community criticize western guys who go to Asia for sex tourism because that objectifies Asian women and here is Winston who does just that by going to the Philippines or marketing foreign women in a objectifying manner.

I'm Korean like you and I understand the racism that we experience in America..not just in the romantic area but also in daily life. It bothers me that we have white privilege not only in the western world but also in Asia. In so many ways I have a problem with some of the posters here but also in some ways I understand them .. It sucks that I meet Asian American girls that prefer white guys because of racist love and I go to Asia and I see the same behavior there...as an Asian guy it's like getting kick in the nuts..

Many of the Asian American community advocate battling against stereotyping Asian women and sex tourism including mail order brides. Some of the western guys who do international dating are sexist and they stereotype Asian female as being submissive and sexual available (think Will N Dodd) .

For Asian guy I understand because we deal with racism in the dating field ...for the white guys...I don't understand but the white guys who go overseas are low social valued here in the states and want to mostly monger and they do look down on the local women.
At least Winston offers a solution!; but dim-witted Asian American's don't heed his advice and go overseas. Asians would do better returning back to their 'homelands' then continue to suffer in their adopted countries.

As for sex tourists...I don't like them either, but not all foreigners in Asia are monger-types: there are some good expats who aren't like that.

Some tourists are legitimately interested in Asian culture, are not racist towards Asian people, and/or are looking for an Asian-wife overseas (like a lot of overseas Asians). Those types of foreigners aren't our 'enemies.'

But the rest of the scum need to be sent back, I agree. And besides, Asian governments are partly to blame for allowing all sorts of degeneracy and P4P to happen in the first place: i.e. the Thai government, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

zboy1,

I never been CHina but I been to south korean and knew kyopo guys who been to South Korea. Many of them say that dating was easier but as being kyopo in Korea they have to deal with other issues .

It's allot easier said than done just going back for Asian Americans to go back to their native countries. I can tell you the problems I experience being back in Korea...in some ways I didn't have to deal with racism but I still have to deal with the kyopo stereotypes that I received from local Koreans.

With many Asian american forums they see America as their home. They want to fight agaisnt the system..so it's different view with Winston. But I understand..

but look at this way if Asian Americans become much much more powerful in America it has a global influnce that can upbring even Asian. In reality can that happen ..I don't think so..but who knows..maybe with the younger generation they can pull something,.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

Yes, there are plenty of Chinese families over here in the US would rather bring back wives from the motherland. But a lot of AA males resent this and discriminate against FOBs. So there's a lot of false pride coming from American-born Asians.
abg98
Freshman Poster

Post by abg98 »

I think Asian unity is a very American/diaspora thing. It's not necessarily about culture or phenotype, but the grouping that society has dealt, similar to Black people.

I'm not sure about the Asian unity movements in other countries, but the American one dates back to at least the 60s with organizations like Yellow Peril. The Vietnam War was what mobilized a pan-Asian movement at the time, as opposed to Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. There were also quite a few notable Asian American civil rights activists who worked closely and were involved with groups like the Black Panthers. Later on, there were anti-Asian hate crimes like the killing of Vincent Chin due to outsourcing.

Events like these led to the increase of an awareness for the need of coalition among Asians in the US since (to simplify it) they're "all the same" to everyone else. It's about solidarity more than sameness. There have always been Asians in America who campaigned for Whiteness (and were flat out denied) however.