Protest

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Protest

Post by RickyRetardo »

Why do we accept media caricatures of Asian-Americans as being undesirable, socially inept nerds, or worse things? This stereotype is racist. It's racist just like cartoons from the 40's with "bucktooth Japs" and "watermelon-eating coons". It is harming us.

Why are we so complacent?

And why are Asian kids who are subjected to racism in school told to deal with it and why are they not taken seriously? If someone called a Black kid a n*gger, they would get in trouble. If someone calls an Asian student a racist name, they get away with it.

We need pan-Asian unity and we need to stop accepting these racist caricatures. The entertainment corporations that are profiting from slandering us and destroying our self-esteem and dignity should be ashamed of themselves.
Let's get together and feel alright.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

The 1 generation Asian American worry more about immigration issues and just staying under the radar so they don't protest. The 1.5 generation or the 2 generation has a good number that are white wash with internalize racism to truly understand what the problem is. I don't know if we will have a 3 rd generation Asian American...so there will never be truly a pan Asian unity movement.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Get into the martial arts tactics of your native lands and beat the asses of whoever dares to make fun of you, is my advice. Don't worry about others, worry about YOU and do whatever you can to defy the stereotype through YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

It's the only way.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Get into the martial arts tactics of your native lands and beat the asses of whoever dares to make fun of you, is my advice. Don't worry about others, worry about YOU and do whatever you can to defy the stereotype through YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

It's the only way.
Haha, good advice Marcos.

Asian Americans are too blue-pill to do anything to change their situation. Asians in Western countries (with the exception of some Asian females) are usually damaged and unhappy, but they keep it hidden most of the time. The only ones who are truly happy are Westernized Filipinos, materialistic and wealthy Asian men, and single/divorced Asian females (who Western men lust after...).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Protest

Post by Cornfed »

RickyRetardo wrote:We need pan-Asian unity and we need to stop accepting these racist caricatures.
The obvious solution would be to go back to your own respective countries where this wouldn't be a problem.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
RickyRetardo wrote:We need pan-Asian unity and we need to stop accepting these racist caricatures.
The obvious solution would be to go back to your own respective countries where this wouldn't be a problem.
Or just stand up for themselves... or maybe, just maybe, not be a douche bag to people for things beyond their control? :wink:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Or just stand up for themselves...
No, if they don't like living in other people’s countries they should just go away. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to turn up in Asia and demand that the local population drops everything and makes radical changes to suit my every whim and foible.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:No, if they don't like living in other people’s countries they should just go away. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to turn up in Asia and demand that the local population drops everything and makes radical changes to suit my every whim and foible.
It's different if it's fully Americanized second or third generation Asian Americans. Giving those a hard time is just simply ridiculous, and one cannot expect them to "go back", as they have nothing to go back to when they don't even speak the language and likely no longer have many if any close relatives in their grandparents' country of origin.

If a Chinese or African guy comes to America and has trouble fitting in, he's free to go back where he came from, sure I give you that. But when someone is born in America and has lived in the West for generations you can expect a little consideration from people. It's called being a decent human being and many Americans aren't awfully good at it. :roll:
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Cornfed wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Or just stand up for themselves...
No, if they don't like living in other people’s countries they should just go away. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to turn up in Asia and demand that the local population drops everything and makes radical changes to suit my every whim and foible.

Sure you would Cornfed. Look at the past 400 years of history. That will tell you how Westerners (especially that wonderful Euro trash) have treated Asians.

Of course, if we go back further we will see that when China was on top they treated "barbarians" like garbage.
Indians, Persians, Greeks, Romans all had their turn forcing the "backwards" people to understand the right way to live.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
I advocate exactly that. But overseas Asians are too "blue-pill" to listen to such advice. Maybe I should do a podcast with Winston, to discuss these issues to help other Asians in the same situation.

I have posted many threads wondering why Asians even bother to come to Western countries--when most of them would be better off staying in their home countries; and besides, Asia will surpass the West in a few decades (while the West declines for a variety of reasons...).

One thing I agree with Cornfed: multiculturalism and diversity is simply a disaster, and will lead to the U.S. and Europe going the down-the-road to an all-out race-war, which will devastate both regions beyond repair.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

chanta76 wrote: don't know if we will have a 3 rd generation Asian American...so there will never be truly a pan Asian unity movement.
There already are 3rd generation Asian Americans. There were Asian Americans in this country even 100 years ago, and some people in the US today are their descendants.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I advocate exactly that. But overseas Asians are too "blue-pill" to listen to such advice. Maybe I should do a podcast with Winston, to discuss these issues to help other Asians in the same situation.
What about the Asian Americans who are from ethnic minorities within their own countries? They do not even have a country that is "their own". There is no country that is primarily Hazara or Uyghur. Secondly, a lot of Asian Americans may not want to go back to the country of their ancestors because the standard of living may be low, or they won't fit in with that culture either, having never been exposed to it growing up. They also may have too many friends and family in the US that they don't want to leave behind.

A lot of Khmer Americans have a MUCH better standard of living here in the States, despite racism, than they would have if they had been born in Cambodia, where many people go hungry. Same for Indians and Vietnamese.

Also, a growing number of Asian Americans are mixed race, and may also face discrimination in the countries of their Asian ancestors.

Returning to the ancestral homeland may work for some, but not all.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

RickyRetardo wrote:
What about the Asian Americans who are from ethnic minorities within their own countries? They do not even have a country that is "their own". There is no country that is primarily Hazara or Uyghur. Secondly, a lot of Asian Americans may not want to go back to the country of their ancestors because the standard of living may be low, or they won't fit in with that culture either, having never been exposed to it growing up. They also may have too many friends and family in the US that they don't want to leave behind.

A lot of Khmer Americans have a MUCH better standard of living here in the States, despite racism, than they would have if they had been born in Cambodia, where many people go hungry. Same for Indians and Vietnamese.

Also, a growing number of Asian Americans are mixed race, and may also face discrimination in the countries of their Asian ancestors.

I get the too-many-generations thing, I get the the mixed thing, and I get the Uighurs thing.

But someone, Asian, Armenian whatever, who is in America for the standard of living, has no right to complain. You and I have met plenty of these folks.

If you're in a country for the money, you're there at the sufferance of those who belong. And should shut up and enjoy the money. Or leave.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Jester wrote:
RickyRetardo wrote:

I get the too-many-generations thing, I get the the mixed thing, and I get the Uighurs thing.

But someone, Asian, Armenian whatever, who is in America for the standard of living, has no right to complain. You and I have met plenty of these folks.

If you're in a country for the money, you're there at the sufferance of those who belong. And should shut up and enjoy the money. Or leave.
Do you think only white people belong in America, or what? I'm not sure I get your point. Asian Americans belong here just as much as White Americans do. Whites do not deserve any special privilege over anyone else.

Standard of living is not equivalent to money either. Many people enjoy America's beautiful landscapes, museums, etc.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

RickyRetardo wrote:What about the Asian Americans who are from ethnic minorities within their own countries? They do not even have a country that is "their own". There is no country that is primarily Hazara or Uyghur. Secondly, a lot of Asian Americans may not want to go back to the country of their ancestors because the standard of living may be low, or they won't fit in with that culture either, having never been exposed to it growing up. They also may have too many friends and family in the US that they don't want to leave behind.
Then they should go back and stand up for themselves there. They have no right to whine about their treatment where they should never have been for any extended period of time in the first place. To hell with what they want. If you don't belong then GTFO.
Well then whitey is doing them a favor by letting them live there. They should either stop complaining or leave.