Kulture Media -- Asian American Media Watchdog

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Kulture Media -- Asian American Media Watchdog

Post by pandabear »

Some of you might be interested in this website:

http://www.kulturemedia.org/

if you don't like the roles that Asian people get in television and movies. Or, maybe you do like the roles, but the website is mostly about complaining.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Traveler
Freshman Poster

Re: Kulture Media -- Asian American Media Watchdog

Post by Traveler »

pandabear wrote:Some of you might be interested in this website:

http://www.kulturemedia.org/

if you don't like the roles that Asian people get in television and movies. Or, maybe you do like the roles, but the website is mostly about complaining.
Cry me river. Asians in the US enjoy a lot of the same benefits as whites (living in wealthy suburbs, not being harassed by the police, easily qualifying for a mortgage from a bank, etc.). On top of that, they get all government AA advantages in education and employment. They get the best of both worlds so I don't want to hear their whining about every little perceived injustice.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Kulture Media -- Asian American Media Watchdog

Post by chanta76 »

traveler,

You bitter by asian folks? I remember walking down the street and getting called a"chink by bunch of white boys and had to make a run for it. Growing up almost every black guy I met kept called me "Bruce" even though that is not my name. I knew an Asian American girl who was sexually harass because they thought Asian girls are easy and supposedly luv white boys.

Regarding Asian Americans and affirmative action has a double edge sword. Because some Asian American score so high on the SAT and have a high GPA Asians are sometimes discriminated against in applying to Ivy League.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/20 ... is-obvious

Asian for the most part work HARD. My parents worked 16 hours a day and saved every penny to move to the suburb. Ever other Asian family I met did the same . The Asian kids for the most part study and worked hard too but did Asian Americans get the same return for the same effort? I think not There still discrimination in the job market for example..I worked a broker company..and the top tier managers would say racial stereotypical stuff about Asians in front of my face. They assume that all Asians worked hard and are submissive ...I complained to management and got into argument. They would say it's all joke..

It's not a joke if they make rice dick jokes or cock block you if you want to talk to a white girl but it's racist if your an Asian guy who complains if a white guy f***s an Asian girl right?

White still get more benefit ..maybe ..maybe in another 40-50 years it might change but I don't know.