Are you surprised about this?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Are you surprised about this?

Post by Tapatio89 »

I often hear both in person when I was in the US and online how Asian girls adore WASP type of men or Nordic looking, but in my experience, as a light skin Latino (Mexican), I have been doing quite well with Asian girls (Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Filipinas specifically). Heck, even in high school, there was a foreign exchange student from Japan who by Japanese standards of beauty she is above average, and my friends who were almost blond, WASP looking American nerdy guys who assumed that by dressing like anime characters and acting Japanese was going to win her heart.

But guess who the Japanese girl fell for? The light skin Latino guy, which is me as though I am an anime fan and nerdy in interest, I never dress like an otaku but rather stylish and smart. My White American friends were puzzled and could not believe it that she prefered me over them :mrgreen:

So, for my fellow forum members who are of an Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock, if Asian girls like you, then explain to me how so I am popular with Asian girls and ended up marrying one despite not being obviously Anglo-Saxon or Celtic in facial features?

Cheers!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Are you surprised about this?

Post by chanta76 »

I'm Asian and married an Asian woman. A number of my friends who are Asians are married to Asian women...I also know an Asian guy who married a white american woman and is very happy despite most poster here complaining about white american woman.

There are some Asian girls who only like white guys and some who only like asian guys and some who don't give a shit. But I agree with the ego that some guys display here just because supposedly they are of some race that makes them better .
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

I don't know anyone who's making it into such a zero sum game. I don't think anyone is saying that ONLY white guys can be successful with Asian women. Attractive men can be successful with attractive women of all races, including their own. Having blonde hair and blue eyes may give the most exotic advantage with Asian women, but that doesn't mean you absolutely need blonde hair and blue eyes to be successful with Asian women. I did date a Vietnamese girl for about 3 months who for some reason only dated white guys. She told me that she preferred white guys but never told me why. She said her first boyfriend was Asian because she wanted to make her family happy, but that she never had sex with him.

I'd never personally try to rub it into the face of an Asian man that I can bang his women. When you bang a woman from another race, it doesn't feel like you've conquered the race. You just banged a girl. Even if you bang 10, it's just 10. It's a silly conception to have. It's silly if you let that stroke your ego. It means nothing.

So the fact that your wife may prefer Latin men also means absolutely nothing. It's one example. It isn't representative of the population. I can't imagine that all or even most Asian women prefer Latin men to Anglo-Saxon men.

The exotic advantage works in most cases.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

sentinel89 wrote:I don't know anyone who's making it into such a zero sum game. I don't think anyone is saying that ONLY white guys can be successful with Asian women. Attractive men can be successful with attractive women of all races, including their own. Having blonde hair and blue eyes may give the most exotic advantage with Asian women, but that doesn't mean you absolutely need blonde hair and blue eyes to be successful with Asian women. I did date a Vietnamese girl for about 3 months who for some reason only dated white guys. She told me that she preferred white guys but never told me why. She said her first boyfriend was Asian because she wanted to make her family happy, but that she never had sex with him.

I'd never personally try to rub it into the face of an Asian man that I can bang his women. When you bang a woman from another race, it doesn't feel like you've conquered the race. You just banged a girl. Even if you bang 10, it's just 10. It's a silly conception to have. It's silly if you let that stroke your ego. It means nothing.

So the fact that your wife may prefer Latin men also means absolutely nothing. It's one example. It isn't representative of the population. I can't imagine that all or even most Asian women prefer Latin men to Anglo-Saxon men.

The exotic advantage works in most cases.
Luckily, I do not feel like I conquered women from the Asian race just by marrying my wife. I only care to conquer her only, not other Japanese women :mrgreen:

Well, I cannot also imagine that all or even most Asian women prefer Anglo-Saxon men. And you might have blond hair and blue eyes, but my eyes are much bigger than yours due to my Mediterranean and Lebanese blood, and you know on average Southern Euros and Arabs have bigger eyes than Anglo-Saxons/Nordics, not to mention we are as fashion conscious as Asian men, thus we have advantages too, pal 8) :mrgreen:

Cheers, mate :)
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

sentinel89,

I have kind disagree....being different can either work for you or not work for you. For example I ask my wife and her friends if they find blond hair white guys attractive...my wife asked her asian females friends and they all said no because it's looks weird.

I mean Asian men are exotic looking but in America or at least in the Anglo Sphere there is this layer of racism that works against Asian men in the dating market but I do see changes in the younger generation. When I was single and dating..some Asian girls told me that white guys smell more or they are too hairy...etc..who knows.

I think sentinel89 you prefer asians or exoitc women because they look different to you..and that's the attractive point. This maybe hard to believe for the posters here but I meet white guys they don't find Asian girls attractive at all because of that exotic look. I remember one white guy telling me as being no offense he doesn't find that Asian eye shape attractive and another guy telling me that they are too thin for this taste.

So no..being exotic sometimes doesn't work in your favor . Sometimes it might ..but sometimes it doesn't...I would say in most cases people like something familiar....in your case of dating a Vietnamese girls..I'm making a guess she is American Vietnamese ...I'm guessing..for Asian American girls many of them grew up in America and became Americanize and go for what is the most dominate in America which is white people. Sad to say..for Asian folks...but that's why when you walk around the city you don't see too many Asian girls dating black guys who themselves may look exotic because black men position in America is still lower compared to white men..
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

chanta76 wrote:sentinel89,

I have kind disagree....being different can either work for you or not work for you. For example I ask my wife and her friends if they find blond hair white guys attractive...my wife asked her asian females friends and they all said no because it's looks weird.

I mean Asian men are exotic looking but in America or at least in the Anglo Sphere there is this layer of racism that works against Asian men in the dating market but I do see changes in the younger generation. When I was single and dating..some Asian girls told me that white guys smell more or they are too hairy...etc..who knows.

I think sentinel89 you prefer asians or exoitc women because they look different to you..and that's the attractive point. This maybe hard to believe for the posters here but I meet white guys they don't find Asian girls attractive at all because of that exotic look. I remember one white guy telling me as being no offense he doesn't find that Asian eye shape attractive and another guy telling me that they are too thin for this taste.

So no..being exotic sometimes doesn't work in your favor . Sometimes it might ..but sometimes it doesn't...I would say in most cases people like something familiar....in your case of dating a Vietnamese girls..I'm making a guess she is American Vietnamese ...I'm guessing..for Asian American girls many of them grew up in America and became Americanize and go for what is the most dominate in America which is white people. Sad to say..for Asian folks...but that's why when you walk around the city you don't see too many Asian girls dating black guys who themselves may look exotic because black men position in America is still lower compared to white men..
That is true. I think some Anglo-Saxon men are too egocentric to see this and claim it as an absolute truth that Asian women like WASP men. Fortunately for me, I do not have these views nor I think Latin men are gods for Asian girls.

Being exotic is a double-edge sword and a 50/50 chance basically.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tapatio89 wrote:So, for my fellow forum members who are of an Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock, if Asian girls like you, then explain to me how so I am popular with Asian girls and ended up marrying one despite not being obviously Anglo-Saxon or Celtic in facial features?
None of this is hard to explain. You are a young man, you appear to be relatively well-to-do, and on top of that you know how to dress and appear to be quite handsome. You essentially tick all the boxes of "boyfriend\husband material" for women globally. So wherever you go, you should be able to get a woman. You found one in Asia, and appear happy with your choice. All the more power to you.

I never heard anyone say before that one ought to be "Nordic or Saxon" to get Asian women. I am a white man myself, but neither Nordic nor Saxon, without blue eyes or blonde hair. I try to keep in shape, I try to not dress like a pauper, and it paid off.

I doubt race has anything to do with your success, nor does it have anything to do with mine or anyone else's on this forum. Neither does race alone cause the bad luck of some men here. Any man of ay race can get any woman of any race if he works for it hard enough, respects himself enough to not look like a fool and if there is proper chemistry between them. We each get what we deserve.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:So, for my fellow forum members who are of an Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock, if Asian girls like you, then explain to me how so I am popular with Asian girls and ended up marrying one despite not being obviously Anglo-Saxon or Celtic in facial features?
None of this is hard to explain. You are a young man, you appear to be relatively well-to-do, and on top of that you know how to dress and appear to be quite handsome. You essentially tick all the boxes of "boyfriend\husband material" for women globally. So wherever you go, you should be able to get a woman. You found one in Asia, and appear happy with your choice. All the more power to you.

I never heard anyone say before that one ought to be "Nordic or Saxon" to get Asian women. I am a white man myself, but neither Nordic nor Saxon, without blue eyes or blonde hair. I try to keep in shape, I try to not dress like a pauper, and it paid off.

I doubt race has anything to do with your success, nor does it have anything to do with mine or anyone else's on this forum. Neither does race alone cause the bad luck of some men here. Any man of ay race can get any woman of any race if he works for it hard enough, respects himself enough to not look like a fool and if there is proper chemistry between them. We each get what we deserve.
Well, thanks for your comments about me.

It does make sense your comments as unlike many forum members here who have problems dating women from same culture, I do not have problems dating Mexican girls in the past nor foreign girls either due to the reasons that you mentioned above.

I see you are now in the Phillippines. Where in the Phillippines if I may ask? How has been your luck with Filipinas?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tapatio89 wrote:It does make sense your comments as unlike many forum members here who have problems dating women from same culture, I do not have problems dating Mexican girls in the past nor foreign girls either due to the reasons that you mentioned above.
Neither have I. The main reason foreign women and cultures appealed to me was the fact that envision a more traditional life, and then there is of course the "exotic" factor and the convenience of a (far) lower cost of living. Love, well, love just sort of happens, doesn't it? ;)
Tapatio89 wrote:I see you are now in the Phillippines. Where in the Phillippines if I may ask? How has been your luck with Filipinas?
On the island of Luzon, although currently I am in Europe. Any day now, I'll fly to Manila again. As for my luck with Filipinas; I'm married to their Queen. :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Forgive me, but I do not even understand the motivation behind the question.

Are we so surprised that a female human is attracted to a male human? Is that what this is about? Because there is nothing unusual or extraordinary about that. Women are attracted to men. Men are attracted to women. Different women have different tastes.

And despite what the fools (those who have wasted years with their MGTOW-anti-male feminism) would have you believe, not all women are the same. Most of them are the same, but it is impossible for 100% of everyone to be the same.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Tapatio89 wrote:I
...But guess who the Japanese girl fell for? The light skin Latino guy, which is me
...My White American friends were puzzled and could not believe it that she prefered me over them
For many young Japanese women AND men, especially those, who have been outside of Japan for a while, race does not mean anything anymore.

As mixed race-marriage is much more frequent now compared to the past, there are many 50/50 young people showing up everywhere, this has also to be considered.

I think, all these race-issues and racist BS-talks are vastly exaggerated in USA, same with religion, too many bigots out there in US with never ending arguments going to nowhere.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Tapatio89 wrote:I often hear both in person when I was in the US and online how Asian girls adore WASP type of men or Nordic looking, but in my experience, as a light skin Latino (Mexican), I have been doing quite well with Asian girls (Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Filipinas specifically). Heck, even in high school, there was a foreign exchange student from Japan who by Japanese standards of beauty she is above average, and my friends who were almost blond, WASP looking American nerdy guys who assumed that by dressing like anime characters and acting Japanese was going to win her heart.

But guess who the Japanese girl fell for? The light skin Latino guy, which is me as though I am an anime fan and nerdy in interest, I never dress like an otaku but rather stylish and smart. My White American friends were puzzled and could not believe it that she prefered me over them :mrgreen:

So, for my fellow forum members who are of an Anglo-Saxon and Celtic stock, if Asian girls like you, then explain to me how so I am popular with Asian girls and ended up marrying one despite not being obviously Anglo-Saxon or Celtic in facial features?

Cheers!
LOL good stuff!!!!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:It does make sense your comments as unlike many forum members here who have problems dating women from same culture, I do not have problems dating Mexican girls in the past nor foreign girls either due to the reasons that you mentioned above.
Neither have I. The main reason foreign women and cultures appealed to me was the fact that envision a more traditional life, and then there is of course the "exotic" factor and the convenience of a (far) lower cost of living. Love, well, love just sort of happens, doesn't it? ;)
Tapatio89 wrote:I see you are now in the Phillippines. Where in the Phillippines if I may ask? How has been your luck with Filipinas?
On the island of Luzon, although currently I am in Europe. Any day now, I'll fly to Manila again. As for my luck with Filipinas; I'm married to their Queen. :D
Oh OK. Are you European or American? If European, what nationality?
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

Yohan wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:I
...But guess who the Japanese girl fell for? The light skin Latino guy, which is me
...My White American friends were puzzled and could not believe it that she prefered me over them
For many young Japanese women AND men, especially those, who have been outside of Japan for a while, race does not mean anything anymore.

As mixed race-marriage is much more frequent now compared to the past, there are many 50/50 young people showing up everywhere, this has also to be considered.

I think, all these race-issues and racist BS-talks are vastly exaggerated in USA, same with religion, too many bigots out there in US with never ending arguments going to nowhere.
I agree, in Mexico, no one thinks a blond Nordic is only popular with Asian girls nor that Asian girls only like those kind of men. In fact, I have met a good number of Mexican men married to Japanese women, myself included.

This racist BS that Asian women only like blond, Nordic men is only a fantasy that is endemic to the Anglo-Germanic world, not the Latin World or in Asia.