Solutions for the angry Asian man

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Solutions for the angry Asian man

Post by yick »

Some of the reason why Asian American guys stay is that not all of them have the same negative experience as we do or Winston does. I met Asian American guys that are doing OK and are just content with their life. Others did live abroad but decided to come back(I knew handful of Korean American guys and Chinese American guys that lived in Asia and some of them came back.) They come back for various reason. One of them can be work related or family reason and for others they see USA as their home.
Some Asian-American men do OK in the states, so? The thing is - they have to be above average to get third prize... hey, if that's what you want then fine, but for me life's too f***ing short man. I don't have time to waste chasing bronze, to be chasing third prize, to be angry as I see less deserving men getting ahead because they are paler than me (and a lot of others...)
I think what is for other Asian Americans is that they want to change the status Que in America. Will they achieve it? I don't know. But think about it..someone calls you a chink . You give up go back to Asia. The racist people win. For some Asian Americans they want to call American home and make the best of it and fight against racism.
The status quo will never ever change.

What will happen (I think) is that the whole west coast of the USA and Canada and will become an Asian majority population with big segments of Hispanic and White people - something like Hawaii - but that's going to take another 75-100 years but most of America will still be white.

But between now and then - what are YOU doing about changing things?

To change things - you need a united community - which you don't have - never mind the differences between the nationalities of Asian Americans in general, you don't even have unity between the genders, do you hear Asian-American women complaining? The only time I hear them complain is that they get TOO MUCH attention from dorky white men.

To be united to change things, you need to be angry enough to fight a war of long attrition.

Look what's happening in Ferguson? Do YOU care? If you don't then why do you think others are going to be in your corner when you get the people and get the anger to fight for your cause?

My life will be over in another 40 years, in another 20, I am going to be too damn old to be chasing skirt.

Life is over as soon as it starts.

I don't want to spend my time being angry every day in the west - f**k that! Life IS too short.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yick,

You made your choices and others will make theirs. I do meet Asian Americans that are happy here believe it or not just as like I meet some that are not but not all want to move abroad. They have their reason and it's not always about women or something like the guys here complain about.

I understand you moved abroad and if it worked for you great. It's not about coming in 3rd place or anything it's about being happy. If your happy where ever you at let it be. And it maybe surprise to believe there are some Asians that are happy in the USA.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I am 1.5 gen Asian American and benefitted from moving to the US.

When I was young my parents moved from rural changhua to Taipei due to job issues. The factory in my home town had closed and we lost our home. At the time Taiwan had a lot of light manufacturing and pollution. The rivers were literally black. RCA/IBM factory made computer monitors and dumped toxic waste nearby. I was ill and at the clinic almost weekly, until my parents had it and moved us to Anaheim, California.

At the time there were fewer people in Orange County and the air and water was cleaner. Less pollution, fewer cars and people. The fishing was good and you could shoot in open land in riverside and inland empire. My health recovered quickly and I was gone fishing after school almost every day.

In 2007 I was engaged to my ex fiancé in Taipei. I tried living there for a month and was ill by the 2nd or 3rd week. She refused to moved to the US with me in 2008 and we broke up. I went as far as looking for property in more rural areas of coastal Taiwan (Yilan) but it didn't work out.

Today Orange County has a lot more people and it's not as clean anymore. Irvine used to be a nice rural town and it's now a crowded city with too much traffic. I was in Alaska last year and really liked it. Perhaps I will consider living there part of the year in future. It's um, much better than fort Mac in Alberta where I used to work, LoL.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

pandabear wrote:
August 23rd, 2016, 9:15 pm

The language schools in Asia always want white Americans. A person of Asian descent, born in America, speaks English as well as anybody. But, he faces discrimination in Asia.
That's the whole f--king problem with some of the English-language schools in East Asian countries. Not only do these cram schools in China favor white westerners for the teaching jobs at their schools. This is also practiced in some of the English-cram schools in S. Korea. Very disheartening for Asian-Americans who want to check out the countries and try to make a living while living in China, S. Korea, Japan, etc.

Probably better to stay in America, become a rich,
Become rich? How? There is so much job discrimination here in the US, esp for Asian-American men employees. I rarely see an Asian-American male CEO.

There is the "bamboo ceiling" phenomenon where Asian employees, moreso the men, are capped at a certain level where they cannot advance on, or get promotions within the corporation.

and send for a wife back in the old country.
Yeah, hopefully for a good wife. Not a gold digger who is also wanting a US green card. :roll: