Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

From Thug Life To A Chef’s Knife: A Korean-American Adoptee’s Success Story

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

From Thug Life To A Chef’s Knife: A Korean-American Adoptee’s Success Story

Post by zboy1 » January 22nd, 2019, 5:55 am

From Thug Life To A Chef’s Knife: A Korean-American Adoptee’s Success Story | ASIAN BOSS

A Korean American has a tough life growing up. Was part of a Mexican gang in LA. Got deported back to Korea and is doing well.

Goes to show what a corrupting influence America really is...

Here are some of the comments on Youtube, from non-Asians, too:

Honestly what this video says to me is that American society is toxic and will turn an otherwise honest, hard-working man into a thug. When placed in a lawful society like Korea, the same person is able to thrive with the support of the community.

He got deported to a better country. Hahaha

True. America is a pretty shitty place to live especially compared to a place like South Korea. I'd have been so happy to find that out.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Re: From Thug Life To A Chef’s Knife: A Korean-American Adoptee’s Success Story

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » January 22nd, 2019, 6:17 am

zboy1 wrote:
January 22nd, 2019, 5:55 am
From Thug Life To A Chef’s Knife: A Korean-American Adoptee’s Success Story | ASIAN BOSS

A Korean American has a tough life growing up. Was part of a Mexican gang in LA. Got deported back to Korea and is doing well.

Goes to show what a corrupting influence America really is...

Here are some of the comments on Youtube, from non-Asians, too:

Honestly what this video says to me is that American society is toxic and will turn an otherwise honest, hard-working man into a thug. When placed in a lawful society like Korea, the same person is able to thrive with the support of the community.

He got deported to a better country. Hahaha

True. America is a pretty shitty place to live especially compared to a place like South Korea. I'd have been so happy to find that out.
Cool, @zboy1. I will watch the video tomorrow, but I will say from what I read here, it reminds me of this Peruvian fat kid I used to come of age with from high school. So back in 2014 or so, I was in Lima, Peru walking down the street, and I walk past this one guy, he bellowed out, "Mira te brindo mucho producto especial ven comigo?" (He wanted to sell me so s.hit he couldn't sell in the street) and then he yelled in English as I kinda ignored him, "Hey man. I know you from somewhere. I'll know who you are.".

So that puzzled me. Me...well I'm kind of stupid and like exacerbating cra.p sometimes, so maybe it's the narcissist nosy American in me I don't know. So based on that notion, I came back to confront him, and bam! - It was my boy Boo-Yah from 1994!!!!! He gotten fatter, still looked young in the face, but now had a nasty boxcutter scar (I'm sure he gotten that in NYC where boxcutting someone's face is a way of after-hours life in NYC). He gave each other dap and a brotherly hug!

I was like, "Dude you gotten fatter and you look young [but I didn't question him about his nasty slash scar on his face]".

"Yeah dunn "(he's old school NY Hip Hop)...."Yo dude what the f**k are you doing here in Peru from N.Y.??"

I replied, "I'm just visiting. I am trying to get p.ussy. I literally pay for it every 2 to 3 nights".

We both laughed. Then he replied, "Yo man I been here since '97".

"I was about to ask you why have you left The Bronx back in the mid 90s. I thought you got smoked or something!"

"They deported me. I got knocked on a drug charge, and since I wasn't a US citizen. They deported my s.hit (him and his belongings NYC slang) back here. Now I got two kids and I'm doing me, baby. I can never go back America and I won't!!". He brought me to his store where he sold marijuana and rocks LOLOLOLOLOL but under the guise of a vape store. LOL

"Give me your number....we'll talk later"

We exchange numbers, but he never answered my call and he didn't give me WhatsApp. That will more than likely be the last time I'll ever see Boo-Yah but it was good to see NYC survive the wild 90s in NYC and actually in another country by total coincidence. Crazy.