Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

How do u respond when Taiwanese tell you what to do? Momopi?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

How do u respond when Taiwanese tell you what to do? Momopi?

Post by Winston » October 26th, 2007, 8:41 am

One annoying thing I’ve noticed is that with most Taiwanese people I meet, there seems to be this underlying assumption on their part that I need to be “told� what to do, as though they have the right to tell me what to do. I know that the Chinese see a hierarchy to things like social relationships and family, but how have you other Asian Americans dealt with this? Momopi?

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do u respond when Taiwanese tell you what to do? Mom

Post by momopi » October 26th, 2007, 6:53 pm

WWu777 wrote:One annoying thing I’ve noticed is that with most Taiwanese people I meet, there seems to be this underlying assumption on their part that I need to be “told� what to do, as though they have the right to tell me what to do. I know that the Chinese see a hierarchy to things like social relationships and family, but how have you other Asian Americans dealt with this? Momopi?
If the person in question pays your bills... take it like a man, smile and nod.

If the person is of minor consequence, feel free to pull a "Jesus" and respond to their question, with a question. Alternatively you could quote Biblical/religious or Confucian maxims.

If the person is of little or no consequence, ignore them or flip 'em off.