Winston Wu - The Most Freethinking Asian of All-Time?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston Wu - The Most Freethinking Asian of All-Time?

Post by Winston »

See these quotes from fans and friends who say that I'm the most unique and freethinking Asian they've ever met.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm

And my 10 unique accomplishments and attributes here.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm
Last edited by Winston on August 6th, 2014, 7:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

...and speaks 4 languages.
and these are?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:
...and speaks 4 languages.
and these are?
They are listed in the article - English, Chinese, Taiwanese and Russian
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The article about me has been updated and reorganized to flow better. Here is the new intro to it:

10 Unique and Outstanding Things about Winston Wu:
The most Atypical and Freethinking Asian you will probably ever meet

"You're probably the most atypical Asian male I've ever met."
- Peter, an old Scottish traveler who's been to nearly 100 countries

"Despite all the flak you get you are certainly an interesting character and probably the most famous (or infamous) self-made asian on the internet" - Rob, USA

Most people do not think outside the box. Those that do tend to be White males. Sometimes they are White females or Black. But it is an extreme rarity to find an Asian who can think independently outside the box, so rare in fact that most never even meet one. Winston Wu is one such rarity and anomaly.

Generally, most Asians are followers, narrow-minded, conformists, submissive to authority, devoid of independent thought, highly materialistic and limited to understanding only practical concepts. They follow the pack, cannot think for themselves, possess poor communication skills, thrive in safe routines, and live only to make a living and raise a family. This is an obvious and accurate but politically incorrect assessment of Asians in general that few dare make.

However, anyone who meets Winston Wu will experience an Asian of a different breed and dimension. Wu is a Taiwanese American eclectic, writer, intellectual, traveler, romancer, freethinker, freespirit, philosopher, critical thinker, truth seeker, and leader of several movements. Unlike most Asians purely focused on the practical, he is interested in intellectual, social and existential matters. And unlike narrow Asian conformists, he is a master in critical thinking and debunking BS, as he sees through propaganda and brainwashing.

Wu emerged from an oppressive and hellish childhood to a liberated and transcendent state of mind full of insight and free of mass control. As such, he serves as an inspiration and guidance to others. Some consider him a hero and inspiration while others see him as a dysfunctional loser. Either way, there is no denying that he is one of the most freethinking, unique and one-of-a-kind Asians in the world.

Now you may have heard the phrase, "You are unique, just like everyone else", which basically means that there are no two people exactly alike in every way, like no two people's DNA or fingerprints are identical. But that's NOT the kind of uniqueness we are talking about here. We are talking about unique accomplishments and attributes that very few in the world can lay claim to, Asian or non-Asian.

Below is a description of his uncommon accomplishments and attributes that very few can lay claim to. After reading them, you may realize that Winston Wu could very well be the most Unique and Freethinking (as well as Intellectual) Asian you will ever meet! First, here is a summary of them.

1) All his views, thoughts and writings are "outside the box", insightful and intellectual. He is an expert in debunking lies, brainwashing and propaganda, evidenced by his writings.
2) In the areas of Travel, Culture and Intellect, he is above the crowd. He has been to 12 countries and speaks 4 languages.
3) He can beat computers in Chess and Scrabble at high levels.
4) Those who have been to 100 countries have called him "the most atypical Asian male I've ever met".
5) His fans have called him a "Hero, Inspiration and Legend". Very few are called such things.
6) He has done things (of a serious nature) that no one had done before - started two websites and movements that are the first of their kind, was the first to write a major Treatise on PseudoSkepticism, and the first to write a groundbreaking Ebook on why Dating, Relationships and Mental Health are better outside America, which has changed lives and inspired many.
7) Brilliant in debate and critical thinking, and well read in religion/philosophy, he has written great treatises debunking major arguments of Media PseudoSkeptics and Christian Apologists.
8) His work has received endorsements and praises by prominent published figures in their fields. Some have hailed his work as "the BEST" of its kind.
9) He has been interviewed on radio shows and featured in magazines for his noteworthy works.
10) He has dated many beautiful women outside of his race and league by living "outside the box".

These claims are evidenced, verified and validated with examples, links and quotes here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm
Last edited by Winston on February 28th, 2012, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To all my Chinese cousins and relatives out there who have nice cars, houses, careers and material success over me, the article has this to say at the end:

Now, there are many materially successful hard-working Asians out there who have material status over Winston. They got straight “A’s� in school, graduated from Berkeley or Stanford, got a masters degree, and became doctors, engineers or some other prestigious profession, following the ideal path set by their parents and that of the Asian immigrant culture (especially in the Silicon Valley San Francisco Bay Area). They have nice cars, houses and careers to show off. However, they have none of the unique qualities above that Wu has. No one calls them a "Hero, Inspiration or Legend". They have not done things no one has done before. And they have not experienced the variety of rich cultures and experiences that Wu has. They do not inspire or awaken others. In fact, they are not unique or any different from the rest. Also they do not think “outside the box�. Moreover, they have not dated so many beautiful women out of their league as Winston has. Finally, they do not have the rich inner life that Wu has. Instead, their lives consist of being slaves to companies without freedom, and the routines of basic living. They are like robots, owned by others and devoid of true freedom or passion. They will not be remembered in history for doing anything special. All they did was made a living and raised a family, just like everyone else throughout history. Nothing set them apart from the rest.

Any great writer will tell you that what motivates them is not money, but being able to inspire others. You see, money comes and goes, but inspiration lasts a LIFETIME. And Wu has done just that, which you can see from the quotes, reviews and testimonials about his work at the links above.

That's what makes Winston Wu unusual, unique and refreshing. He makes a difference in ways others haven't, and has earned respect from others for that.

None of the negative judgments of narrow minded materialistic Asian society, which places no value on uniqueness, can take that away from him. That's because Winston is motivated by Truth, not Fear. And when you have truth, knowledge and wisdom, you have power over ignorance, fear and closed-mindedness. No condemnation can harm you. As someone eloquently put it at the end of a brilliant documentary called Esoteric Agenda: (paraphrased)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip8o_aCv5uw
“You can light a match in a pitch dark room and extinguish the darkness, but you cannot bring a patch of darkness into a well lit room and extinguish the light. This proves that light and truth are more powerful than darkness and evil.�

You see, Wu is rich on the INSIDE in ways that most people aren't, and has a rich "inner life" that most people don't. That makes him incorruptible. Most people are changed or corrupted by money or culture, but those who are “rich on the inside� aren’t. Wu is such a type.

He is ahead of his time, and thus underappreciated. The world may not be ready for people like him, but he makes a difference, inspires others, and follows his heart, bliss and vision. With great insight, he sees things that most do not see. In a spiritually advanced society, these are the types that would be tomorrow's leaders.

And that's why, if you know Winston Wu, are affiliated with him, or have the chance to meet him, you should appreciate it and be proud to know him.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a list of quotes from people who say that I am very unique and freethinking for an Asian. I plan to print it out and use it to promote my website, and to show people I meet who might falsely stereotype me as a typical Asian, to surprise and shock them them. The list includes quotes from Ladislav, Larry Elterman, Steve Hoca, and others.

Quotes about Winston Wu being the "Most Unique and Freethinking Asian"

This is a taboo and politically incorrect thing to say, but true. Most Asians are conformists with no independent free thought. Generally, they do not think outside the box and assume that “authority = truth�. Therefore, any Asian who is the opposite of all that would be very unique or rare. Winston Wu is definitely such an exception, as these quotes about him from third party sources attest to, making him one-of-a-kind.

"You're probably the most atypical Asian male I've ever met." - Peter, an old Scottish traveler Winston met in Estonia who's been to nearly 100 countries

“I would say that yes, I have not seen even one Asian person like yourself. There are rebellious types and these are often women, and they rebel by joining the American mainstream. Same with Asian guys who start acting “American�. But for an Asian to rebel not only against Asia but against America because it is TOO repressed for your taste, that is really taking the cake. To most Asians America is synonymous with a loud free place where you can shed your inhibitions.� – Ladislav, Chief Advisor of HappierAbroad.com and Author of Expatriate Insights, who speaks 10 languages and been to 30 countries, residing long-term in 9 of them

“As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it.� - Ladislav

“Despite all the flak you get you are certainly an interesting character and probably the most famous (or infamous) self-made asian on the internet� – Rob, USA

"Most Asians don't think for themselves. They simply follow the pack. You are one of the exceptions."
- Jean, Colorado

“Winston, you are a White man trapped in an Asian man's body. All the characteristics I associate with Asian men seem to be the opposite of you. You do not do what society tells you to do. You do not work hard just for the sake of working hard. You find White women attractive.� – Jean, Colorado

“I enjoy your writing and you are one of the most inspiring dudes around. Main thing is you don't give a shit what other people (especially white) say about you - highly unusual, unfortunately, for any race of people, Chinese especially. So your stuff is absolutely awesome.� – John, USA

“What I also love about this ebook is Winston's philosophical view of the world. I have never in my life seen an Asian guy with such a brilliant, philosophical mind. There have been times when I thought I was crazy thinking the way I was thinking, especially as it pertains to America and its awful, non-inclusive culture. However, after reading Winston's words, I totally feel relieved and vindicated, knowing full and well it's society that is crazy, not me!� – Steve Hoca, Amazon.com Review of Happier Abroad Ebook

“I've met a few Asians that are open minded, but you're probably the most, so I can see why you feel that way...� – Jason Valenti of SasquatchResearch.net

�It’s true I have not met any Asians as freethinking as you, but I assume they exist somewhere.� – Larry Elterman, Expat Author of A Man’s Guide to Life and Love in the Philippines

“Hey, you know, you’re pretty cool. You’re not like other Asians who are serious and strict. You’re very open minded and laid back. Let’s exchange phone numbers.� – A punk guy Winston met at the bayside near his home in Bellingham, WA, in 1999.

See also:
More Quotes about Winston Wu: http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Quotes.htm
Summary of Winston Wu’s unique accomplishments/attributes: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm
Comparison Chart of Wu’s traits vs. typical East Asians: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_vs_Asians.pdf
Quotes from fans who call Wu a “Hero, Inspiration, Legend�: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu-Hero-Legend.htm
Last edited by Winston on May 26th, 2011, 5:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

1) All his views, thoughts and writings are "outside the box", insightful and intellectual. He is an expert in debunking lies, brainwashing and propaganda, evidenced by his writings.
Except when it comes to race as Winston appears to be firmly within the status quo when it comes to espousing racial stereotypes unless it's personally about him because he's different.
2) In the areas of Travel, Culture and Intellect, he is above the crowd. He has been to 12 countries and speaks 4 languages.
I only speak 3 languages but I have been to more countries. Le sigh.
3) He can beat computers in Chess and Scrabble at high levels.
I used to be really good at Counterstrike back in college and I can play a mean game of poker.
4) Experienced travelers who have been to 100 countries and others have called him “the most atypical Asian male I’ve ever met�.
That wouldn't be politeness or flattery or anything..
5) His fans have called him a "Hero, Inspiration and Legend". Very few are called such things.
The legend of Winston Wu. A ballad of the exceptional Chinaman.
6) He has done things (of a serious nature) that no one had done before – started two websites and movements that are the first of their kind, was the first to write a major Treatise on PseudoSkepticism, and the first to write a groundbreaking Ebook on why Dating, Relationships and Mental Health are better outside America, which has changed lives and inspired many.
Ok you can write and argue obscure topics on psychic phenomenon I will give you that.
7) Brilliant in debate and critical thinking, and well read in religion/philosophy, he has written great treatises debunking major arguments of Media PseudoSkeptics and Christian Apologists.
:?:
8) His work has received endorsements and praises by prominent published figures in their fields. Some have hailed his work as “the BEST� of its kind.
references please.
9) He has been interviewed on radio shows and featured in magazines for his noteworthy works.
In the age of the internet...
10) He has dated many beautiful women outside of his race and league by living “outside the box�.
Outside of his race and league? Have some confidence man.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

?

Question

Quote:

Cool His work has received endorsements and praises by prominent published figures in their fields. Some have hailed his work as “the BEST� of its kind.

references please.
Had you clicked the link in the first post, you would have seen the references. Sheesh.

The debunking Pseudoskeptics and Christian arguments treatise are here:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Articles.htm

Both treatises contain quotes at the top saying they are the best of their kind. Here you go:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Contents.htm

Praises and Reviews

“Winston Wu has now written an essay that brilliantly and decisively rebuts the general skeptical arguments against the paranormal. This is among the best essays ever written on this subject, and deserves extensive study. The essay carefully moves through the entire skeptical lexicon of arguments, rebutting each in turn."
- Whitley Strieber, Author and Radio Host of UnknownCountry.com

“Your treatise "debunking the arguments of pseudoskeptics and paranormal debunkers" is the best refutation of pseudoskeptics' arguments, tactics and fallacies to reject the evidence for paranormal phenomena. I've recommended your article to every person that I know.� – Deya, Spain

“I'm Jürgen and I write you from Germany. Let me tell that your article about debunkers/pseudoskeptics of PSI is the best handbook to debate with them. I used to debate pseudoskeptics as a pastime, using the arguments and tactics of your article.� – Jürgen, Germany

“Your article "debunking the arguments of pseudoskeptics and paranormal debunkers" is a must read to any person who seeks to understand the nature of pseudoskepticism… Your article was the first on-line resource to expose the fallacies, motivation, agenda and dishonesty of pseudoskeptics.� – Jessica Parker, USA

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Debunk ... ntents.htm

Praises and Reviews

“I work at a public library and thus have access to hundreds of books on religion and spirituality, yet very, very few are as helpful as the one article that you have written. There is even a book titled "Leaving the fold" that is for former fundamentalists leaving their religion, yet your article is arguably better and more useful then the entire book.�

“Congratulations on an excellent site. Your information on evangelical fundamentalist Christianity is the BEST site on the internet. It spells everything out. Try to get the search engines to bring it up near the top of searches.�

“I discovered this website while doing some research into Christian Fundamentalism and Atheistic Dogma. I was blown away by how well the arguments against Christianity were, specifically because they lacked emotion fueled "Logic".� – SCEPCOP Forum

Notice the word "BEST" in the quotes above :)

I'll bet a million dollars that you don't know even one Asian guy who can debunk both Pseudoskepticism and Christian fundamentalist arguments as comprehensively as I have, and knowing all the arguments on both sides of the debate. And you know it.

Dude, next time follow the links if you want the quotes and references.

Endorsements of SCEPCOP and my treatise by reputable authors and researchers are here:

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/praises.php

Among them are praises from 1973 Nobel Laureate in Physics, Brian Josephson. I had many other references in the past around the year 2000, but didn't start saving them until recently.

Have any Nobel Laureates praised you?

Have any experienced travelers ever said that you were the most atypical Asian they ever met?

At least give me credit where credit is due. Sheesh.

Sure I may brag sometimes, but at least they are justified claims, not unwarranted ones. I don't claim things based on no evidence. My record shows that.
Last edited by Winston on November 14th, 2011, 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

LogicJunkie just told me this:

"Winston, you are very likely the most courageously honest person I've met online, if not in my entire life."

I think that quote is worthy of being added to the list of quotes above, isn't it? :) So I've added it to my list of quotes.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just added a quote from odbo about me, to the list of freethinking/unique quotes about me. His quote is especially original and fascinating.

"Apparently the only people who were given the ability to think for themselves are those with negative bloodtypes. Want confirmation? Take a look at far-east Asia. 99.99% RH positive blood. Who is their most promising free thinker? Winston Wu. Enough said. What do they value? Work. Work till you drop bitch! Impress your neighbors." - Forum member odbo, source: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=10547
Last edited by Winston on November 14th, 2011, 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

"Also see these quotes from fans who say that I'm the most unique and freethinking Asian they've ever met."

I just looked at a precise definition of the word "unique" on Answers.com:

1. Being the only one of its kind
2. Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

So by definition you can not be the most unique. This would imply that there is "unique" and "more unique". You are either unique or you are not! We can not have a comparison, which can only happen between two or more things of a similar kind!

Also if we treat "freethinking" as a compound gerund (which behaves like a noun) then we can not apply the superlative qualifier "the most" to it as suggested by the sentence construction since it is not an adjective!

The sentence also implies that the so called fans have met a large and representative sample of freethinking Asians and arrived at their conclusion through vigorous scientific analysis (unlikely).

So we are left to conclude that Winston is exactly what he appears to be: A sad, aesthetically unpleasing to the eyes loser trapped in a third world country living a Philippines’ equivalent of a white trash life...of course I did not read past the first sentence of what appeared to be the usual diatribe by him. I had better things to do with my time - except for this piece which I did for my own amusement. Peace!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You can nitpick millions of things in society and the world in that manner, ryanx. But it won't mean anything. The sane person gets the idea of what I mean. It's about the degree of uniqueness and freethinking. If what you said were true, then no one would be unique and everyone using that word would be wrong. Duh!

Those were honest quotes from real people, and that's what counts. You won't find another Asian with such similar quotes about him from qualified people and intellectuals. That is a fact and you know it.

f**k you ryanx. Why don't you show your photo and quotes about you? Your nitpicking is useless and irrelevant. You're a f***ing nobody. There are no praises of you from great authors and thinkers (such as LogicJunkie, Ladislav, Jason Valenti, Larry Elterman, Steve Hoca, etc). You're nothing but a piece of shit. f**k off.

You cannot compare to these quotes below.

Current list of freethinking quotes:

Nor can you compare to these comments and praises about me:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu-Hero-Legend.htm
Last edited by Winston on November 14th, 2011, 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Is your self-esteem that low Winston?

Do you need approval from everyone around you to justify your affirmations, you p***y?

- Dianne is attractive and nice, just ask Ladislav
- I'm not a piece of shit, just ask Ladislav
- I'm the most unique freethinking Asian in the world, just look at my quotes.
- I know about money-management, just ask Rock

If you feel the need that your self-esteem and everything you believe in, is dependant on other people's approval. Then you are seriously flawed insecure person. Michael Jordan never ever said "I am the best".... he just simply showed it.

So don't get your head too big on the quotes on what people have said about you. These quotes are based on what people's reactions to your website (which is very good) and THAT'S IT. If these same people, knew the REAL Winston Wu, they would think twice to post something nice about you. Because you're nothing but a attention seeking narcissistic fat bastard, who thinks he's the shit. Don't claim your the most unique freethinking asian, because chances are you're not (there's someone else in the world that is, who you don't know) !!!!

Lol don't even mention Hoca here in the forum as a source of credible information. He's the biggest complaining nutsack i've heard on youtube so far with AW. Optimism and hope are not in his vocabulary whatsoever
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:Is your self-esteem that low Winston?

Do you need approval from everyone around you to justify your affirmations, you p***y?

- Dianne is attractive and nice, just ask Ladislav
- I'm not a piece of shit, just ask Ladislav
- I'm the most unique freethinking Asian in the world, just look at my quotes.
- I know about money-management, just ask Rock

If you feel the need that your self-esteem and everything you believe in, is dependant on other people's approval. Then you are seriously flawed insecure person. Michael Jordan never ever said "I am the best".... he just simply showed it.

So don't get your head too big on the quotes on what people have said about you. These quotes are based on what people's reactions to your website (which is very good) and THAT'S IT. If these same people, knew the REAL Winston Wu, they would think twice to post something nice about you. Because you're nothing but a attention seeking narcissistic fat bastard, who thinks he's the shit. Don't claim your the most unique freethinking asian, because chances are you're not (there's someone else in the world that is, who you don't know) !!!!

Lol don't even mention Hoca here in the forum as a source of credible information. He's the biggest complaining nutsack i've heard on youtube so far with AW. Optimism and hope are not in his vocabulary whatsoever
Most people are not deep freethinkers. So how would they be able to see that in me?

Sure I may have low self esteem in some ways, but so do most people. I had a terrible childhood, so having low self-esteem is justified. You can't that with a flip of the switch. Our past makes what we are today.

Two of those quotes were from Ladislav, whom I've met many times.

Most people that I've met like me, and say that I'm a pretty cool person. I'm naturally friendly and open minded, which is more than you can say is better than the average American.

If you know anyone more freethinking and unique than me, then prove it. Let me see their website, quotes, etc. Just find one. You can find very open minded Asians sure, but not to the degree I am. No one who knows me denies that I'm unique. They all say that I am super unique for sure.

Your post makes no sense and is not based on any facts. You are a bully that wants to see the worst in everyone. And as we all know, you see what you want to see. Your beliefs edit your reality.

All your points are factually wrong and based on no evidence or proof. All of my points are supported by supporting facts. You haven't proven anything.

You are very annoying.

You can ask Steve Neese and DarrenFW too, as well as WorldTraveler. They are very down to earth people and will tell you that I'm a likable, interesting and funny guy.
Last edited by Winston on November 14th, 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are three new quotes about me that I've added to the list.

"You're very inquisitive (very curious, true seeker of knowledge), very intelligent, very different and unique. You're definitely a very special person unlike all the drones around us." - Forum member ssjparris, from his Private Message

"Winston is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Forum member boycottamericanwomen, source: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11116

"Winston is the only guy who could create such an impressive website (and many more too). Administering and maintaining multiple websites of such gigantic sizes is something that no ordinary person could do. I am thoroughly impressed." - Forum member Falcon, source: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11848