Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Currently In Iceland

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags [img]and[/img] after uploading them to a third party site.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Currently In Iceland

Postby Adama » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:11 pm

(German border).
Last edited by Adama on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm







Postby odbo » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:33 am

Maybe all the good looking girls are on summer vacation in Spain or Greece :)
Head to Russia my friend! Estonia and Poland have too many ultra nationalists and neo-nazis
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Currently In Iceland

Postby Think Different » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 am

Adama wrote:If you are looking for a tall, thin blonde beauty, this isnt the place. +


Probably 95% ofthe people here are not blonde, and Celtic is the dominant phenotype. Actually the men do look very Nordic on average. However, the women look like a cross between the most unattractive Russian types mixed with the freckles of the Irish. A complete no-go.

Also, introverted is an understatement. These people here are quite reserved. The positive side is they are very polite. Otherwise they dont interact much with anyone outside of the people they are with. The strange thing is that somewhere back they are all related. So you´d think things would be much more open.


Something that struck me as odd is that I spent a couple of hours out in the city earlier today, and I saw four Islandic men in mixed relationships. Three with African or otherwise black women, and one with an Inuit type woman. How far did these men have to travel to find African wivesÞ And why wouldnt they stick with Islandic womenÞ

The weather heere is quite chilly, although this is technically summer time. This is the northern most capital of the world. So there is lots of sunlight...at night. It never gets dark here in the summer. I wouldnt want to be around for winter.

Just a few minutes ago in this computer room, I met a blonde woman from Norway. Point blank I told her that there arent many blondes here, and she agreed. She says there are many more blondes in Norway. We had a sort conversation about the linguistic differences as well, which I wont go into here.

Overall I´d say if you are looking for a woman with blonde hair, a firm butt, who´s tall, well stick to the eastern nordic countries, like Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Northern Germany, Holland or Finland. I dont think I will be coming back to Iceland looking for beautiful women (I have only seen about 4 women I´d consider to be grater than an 8). I think next time if time permits, I will check out another place off the beaten track, like Estonia, maybe Northern Poland (German border).


Not sure if this has much bearing on the blondness of women, but recent DNA tracking shows that there is an "ultranorse" haplotype, called I1A-uN, and its densest population is in Norway.
Think Different
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Germany

Postby E_Irizarry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:47 pm

@Adama,

Thank you for confirming our suspicions about Iceland. However, if you had told us here at H.A that you were going to Iceland, we would have told you to save your money instead.

However, I am glad that you are traveling around the off-the-beaten-track of places in the world and reporting them back to us here on the site.

With that being said, thank you, sir.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Jackal » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Well, at least go swim in a volcanic hot spring while you're there. That seems like the thing to do in Iceland.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby Adama » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm

E_Irizarry wrote:@Adama,

Thank you for confirming our suspicions about Iceland. However, if you had told us here at H.A that you were going to Iceland, we would have told you to save your money instead.

However, I am glad that you are traveling around the off-the-beaten-track of places in the world and reporting them back to us here on the site.

With that being said, thank you, sir.



Hmm, really? We ´who´? What suspicions? People here knew anything about Iceland? That´s strange indeed. Somehow I think you are just talking fluff.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby Adama » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:59 pm

odbo wrote:Maybe all the good looking girls are on summer vacation in Spain or Greece :)
Head to Russia my friend! Estonia and Poland have too many ultra nationalists and neo-nazis


Maybe, but doubtful. The remaining women here actually make the Irish and British women of the world seem very attractive. It is so hard to describe how disappointing it is here. They are Nordic in name and language only.


What do you know of the ultra nationalist skinheads of Estonia and Poland? They don´t have those in Russia, eh?
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby ladislav » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Eastern Ukraine once absorbed an entire Swedish army - it was captured and imprisoned there. Then, they stayed there. So many girls look Scandinavian. May be a good place to look for blonds. I have seen some that were stunning. And they were poor, too
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby E_Irizarry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Adama wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:@Adama,

Thank you for confirming our suspicions about Iceland. However, if you had told us here at H.A that you were going to Iceland, we would have told you to save your money instead.

However, I am glad that you are traveling around the off-the-beaten-track of places in the world and reporting them back to us here on the site.

With that being said, thank you, sir.



Hmm, really? We ´who´? What suspicions? People here knew anything about Iceland? That´s strange indeed. Somehow I think you are just talking fluff.


You are entitled to that deluded opinion. I have traveled to a plethora of countries that most guys on here haven't been fortunate enough to travel to. I know what I'm talking about. Just because I have a wacky and zaney way of telling my stories doesn't mean they are full of misinformation. It's called charisma. Ask ErikHeaven how my personality is over the phone.

Iceland has been talked about on this forum before. Maybe you should had taken the time to utilize the search engine before embarking on that trip; you would have known about those "suspicions".
However, I am glad you have forthright told me that I'm talking fluff, as you like to coin it. In that regard, I respect your honesty.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby OutWest » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm

E_Irizarry wrote:
Adama wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:@Adama,

Thank you for confirming our suspicions about Iceland. However, if you had told us here at H.A that you were going to Iceland, we would have told you to save your money instead.

However, I am glad that you are traveling around the off-the-beaten-track of places in the world and reporting them back to us here on the site.

With that being said, thank you, sir.



Hmm, really? We ´who´? What suspicions? People here knew anything about Iceland? That´s strange indeed. Somehow I think you are just talking fluff.


You are entitled to that deluded opinion. I have traveled to a plethora of countries that most guys on here haven't been fortunate enough to travel to. I know what I'm talking about. Just because I have a wacky and zaney way of telling my stories doesn't mean they are full of misinformation. It's called charisma. Ask ErikHeaven how my personality is over the phone.

Iceland has been talked about on this forum before. Maybe you should had taken the time to utilize the search engine before embarking on that trip; you would have known about those "suspicions".
However, I am glad you have forthright told me that I'm talking fluff, as you like to coin it. In that regard, I respect your honesty.


As you say, a little research goes a long ways...I've been in scores or countries, and a generalization
that seems to hold is that warm women seem to go with warm weather...vs ICEland...maybe that
was the first clue! LOL. Seriously, places that are subject to harsher cold weather most of the year
seem to foster caution as one would expect...mistakes can cost dearly, and this caution
may often extend to relationships. I've been around...and warm weather bunnies have my vote!

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby gsjackson » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Jackal wrote:Well, at least go swim in a volcanic hot spring while you're there. That seems like the thing to do in Iceland.


My day in Iceland (off a cruise ship) was spent mostly there in the Blue Lagoon. It's an interesting, though not a must-do experience. My impression of the comeliness of Iceland women based on one-day was a little more favorable. And you can find at least one video online (maybe I saw it here) claiming that Icelanders party hearty in their bars at night, and bedding the women isn't particularly difficult.

But if the weather in that place doesn't dampen the spirits of the women there, it certainly would mine. Being one of the older members here, I think I'm a lot more sensitive to climate than most. Unfortunately, the only countries that get discussed here have dreadful climates -- hot and humid in the Phillipines, cold and forbidding in the FSU and eastern Europe. I'd love to see some discussion about the women in great climates like the Ecuadorean Andes -- 70 degrees every day of the year -- and, to a lesser degree, southern France.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby OutWest » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 am

gsjackson wrote:
Jackal wrote:Well, at least go swim in a volcanic hot spring while you're there. That seems like the thing to do in Iceland.


My day in Iceland (off a cruise ship) was spent mostly there in the Blue Lagoon. It's an interesting, though not a must-do experience. My impression of the comeliness of Iceland women based on one-day was a little more favorable. And you can find at least one video online (maybe I saw it here) claiming that Icelanders party hearty in their bars at night, and bedding the women isn't particularly difficult.

But if the weather in that place doesn't dampen the spirits of the women there, it certainly would mine. Being one of the older members here, I think I'm a lot more sensitive to climate than most. Unfortunately, the only countries that get discussed here have dreadful climates -- hot and humid in the Phillipines, cold and forbidding in the FSU and eastern Europe. I'd love to see some discussion about the women in great climates like the Ecuadorean Andes -- 70 degrees every day of the year -- and, to a lesser degree, southern France.


Yes, most of the Philippines is hot and humid much of the year, though where I am in Mindanao I
would not describe it as "dreadful". Houston or Dallas are much worse. I suppose it depends on
your tolerance.

Now Latin American tropical mountain weather is something I know well. As a former resident of Columbia
and Guatemala, I can say that some places have near perfect weather. The mountain highlands of western
Guatemala are about perfect- 75 to 80 most of the year. Parts of Columbia are similar- good weather, but
for weather and women, certainly go with Columbia, unless you are into short fat hairy women
like the Maya that are the majority of the population in Guatemala. Actually, unless you are into Indian
women, many of the best weather areas of Latin America are populated by Indians...if that is your cup
of tea, then have at it.

Now parts of Argentina and Chile have good weather, much like parts of California.
Mendoza State in Argentina is actually quite nice...but Argentine women? Good luck with that!


Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyway, there may be some correlation between cold weather and coldness of people's hearts. I happen to think it might simply be a matter of latin blood vs non-latin blood more than the weather.

From reading some of these responses, it just makes one wish there was an ignore feature on this site. And there is no wonder that men like Terrence are dropping like flies.

I will not be forthcoming with experiences in the future, if these are just subject to people who seem to know everything and only hurl insults.

Good day.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

gsjackson wrote:
Jackal wrote:Well, at least go swim in a volcanic hot spring while you're there. That seems like the thing to do in Iceland.


My day in Iceland (off a cruise ship) was spent mostly there in the Blue Lagoon. It's an interesting, though not a must-do experience. My impression of the comeliness of Iceland women based on one-day was a little more favorable. And you can find at least one video online (maybe I saw it here) claiming that Icelanders party hearty in their bars at night, and bedding the women isn't particularly difficult.

But if the weather in that place doesn't dampen the spirits of the women there, it certainly would mine. Being one of the older members here, I think I'm a lot more sensitive to climate than most. Unfortunately, the only countries that get discussed here have dreadful climates -- hot and humid in the Phillipines, cold and forbidding in the FSU and eastern Europe. I'd love to see some discussion about the women in great climates like the Ecuadorean Andes -- 70 degrees every day of the year -- and, to a lesser degree, southern France.


I only saw three or four Icelandic women I considered to be remotely attractive. No point in trying to get anywhere with them. However, when I did smile and initiate conversations with the women there, they were very nice and conversational.

Still not worth the effort considering what you're getting.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby Adama » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:59 pm

ladislav wrote:Eastern Ukraine once absorbed an entire Swedish army - it was captured and imprisoned there. Then, they stayed there. So many girls look Scandinavian. May be a good place to look for blonds. I have seen some that were stunning. And they were poor, too


That's certainly an idea. I was mainly looking for a woman in a visa waiver country who could come and go as needed / wanted without having to jump through too many immigration hoops in the USA and other countries. Having said that, they're still Slavs. I dont have much experience with ukrainians, and how they compare to nordic women.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Next

Return to Trip Reports, Travel Experiences, Expat Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest